• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Wouldn't a P2 path be kind of difficult to do when there's no playable P2 characters?

Unless we're still expecting more after Ken.

Meia

With the photoshop shenanigans going on this morning, was that other pic of a fuzzy screen on the character page shopped too, or is that real?

It's also weird that the BB leak that flat out stated both Rise and Ken now just states Rise and others, like there's more than just Ken.

See Dave, now I don't know what's real and what's your fanfiction anymore. :p

kewlmyc

Wouldn't a P2 path be kind of difficult to do when there's no playable P2 characters?

Unless we're still expecting more after Ken.

People are expecting one more if the character tab on the P4AU website is anything to go by. People are expecting it to be "you know who" though.

What happened to you man? you used to be cool.

I think what the haters hated about Ken, was that he was a little twat. Now he's not, maybe.

It will give us a connection between 1+2 to 3+4, and set up
Nyarly
for P5.

obviously.

Atlus want these things to be canon. Look at PQ, which is missing anyone not from the core P3/4 cast, not even Labrys is in it, or Metis, or Sho, or others. I don't think it makes sense plot wise for like half of the P1/2 crew to be there. If they made a fun non canon fighting game, I would even want fucking Trish the Money Grubbing Fairy to be there.

Well, are we still questioning what the malevolent's identity is? PERSONA SERIES SPOILERS FOLLOW:
I mean, it being Nyarl would be the perfect bridge between both series anyway, even if it's the only one. Or is the prevailing thought that the VAs being the same is just a coincidence? Or is it just a matter of Nyarl being the only thing coming over from early Persona?
igor and the velvet room were in early persona

arue

Does all the character reveal for P4AU come from Famitsu? If so, when will the next issue come out? I'm so excited for that one "Coming Soon" slot.

FluxWaveZ

I thought Rise was from the site.

Or from Best Buy, lol.

- Rise revealed on Famitsu website on Aprill 22, detailed in April 24 issue of Famitsu.
- Ken/Koromaru revealed via May 22nd issue of Famitsu.

Both leaked on April 17 via Best Buy and via the usual Famitsu leaks.

With Q releasing, maybe we'll start getting Dance character designs soon.

P4D is most likely releasing in October at the earliest. P4U2 media cycle started 3-4 months before its release. I would expect the same for P4D.

FluxWaveZ

Tomomi Isomura confirms Ace Attorney x Persona:

BozQi_AIQAAbQCX.jpg:large

abrack08

Pepsiman, are you translating the new Ken and Koromaru video from p4u2.jp yet? They got added.

Patience young grasshopper

My subs for both of those videos are going to run late today. I got hit with freelance work while working on Ken's and I pretty much have to dash off for the rest of the day, so I'll be running both that and the Golden Arena stuff sometime during the evening. Sorry~

EDIT: I suppose I should refresh before posting. When I quoted him he was the last post

FluxWaveZ

When do you think the "next" character will be revealed?

While all signs are pointing towards
Adachi
, i cant help but think
Makoto as DLC
would be the best option from a business perspective.

I dunno. All I know is that it's probably not on Atlus USA to be revealing any, so E3 and EVO wouldn't be appropriate venues for them (especially not the latter, where the nature of the reveals are more about the characters and their story than how they play). Predicting these things almost never turns out right, but these are the possibilities that come to mind:

- Learning about Rise on April 22 and Ken/Koromaru on March 20 was approximately a month apart. The week of June 23 could be it.
- If there's just one character left, they could keep silent about it until the game is released and people first discover who they are for themselves.
- If it's neither of the ones above, then it would probably have to be some time in July.

That's how I see it. There were 4 character trailers between the Rise reveal and the last reveal. 4 character trailers between Ken and the next would put the date at July 3rd, so that could be another possibility.

I've begun a new series of HD wallpapers modeled on the ASW arcade site for Ultra Suplex Hold. I'm in the process of making them for all of the announced characters (Normal and Shadow Types), and I'm also planning to adjust the wallpapers for use as banners on the "new and improved" Twitter user pages.

Here's what I have so far!

Yu Narukami

Yosuke Hanamura

Chie Satonaka

Yukiko Amagi

Mitsuru Kirijo

Aigis

These take a little while to make - particularly the Twitter banners - so except to see them coming out in batches over the next several days. Enjoy! :D

Those are amazing. Just save all and used Chie's as my new wallpaper.

While all signs are pointing towards
Adachi
, i cant help but think
Makoto as DLC
would be the best option from a business perspective.

I don't think any signs are pointing to that person That's like saying General Teddie is playable because we saw him in the first Arena's trailer. To know that that person is back in the story causing trouble is big enough of a revelation, which is why they bothered to put it in the trailer.

But honestly, I wouldn't my hopes up for another character. We get one new character trailer a week, and the amount of characters still missing trailers is exactly equal to the amount of weeks before the JP release. Coincidence? I wouldn't think so.

FluxWaveZ

But honestly, I wouldn't my hopes up for another character.we get one new character trailer a week, and the amount of characters still missing trailers is exactly equal to the amount of weeks before the JP release. Coincidence? I wouldn't think so.

So you think the character slot on the official website and the vague official description don't mean anything?

Wanna bet (again)?

Setsu00

I don't think any signs are pointing to that person that's like saying General Teddie is playable because we saw him in the first Arena's trailer.

But honestly, I wouldn't my hopes up for another character.we get one new character trailer a week, and the amount of characters still missing trailers is exactly equal to the amount of weeks before the JP release. Coincidence? I wouldn't think so.

It's a new portrait. Adachi has next to no pre-existing artwork and the one shown in the trailer is facing right - just like the VS. portraits of the other characters.

Guess Who

Banned
It's a new portrait. Adachi has next to no pre-existing artwork and the one shown in the trailer is facing right - just like the VS. portraits of the other characters.

Yeah, that's the primary reason I think
Adachi
will be playable too, it's obvious what that portrait is for.

FluxWaveZ

Before I bet, wanna post that official description?

It's been the official PR description I've been posting:
The original cast of characters from Persona 3 and 4 are back to discover the mastermind behind the whole tournament, while a few new faces join the fight, including Junpei Iori, Yukari Takeba, Rise Kujikawa, and more. But standing in their way is the dual katana-wielding Sho Minazuki, a huge threat to everyone involved in the P-1 Climax. Worse yet, there’s a Sho lookalike who can wield a Persona…
Every character is mentioned there except for Ken/Koromaru. Would one character really constitute "more"?

Could you post a screenshot of what you're talking about? Did I miss something here?

Trailer #2 ending tease. It's definitely new artwork, analogous to a P4A/P4AU pre-battle portrait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom