• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
weird,

tumblr_n6c4e7SYAq1t46pjso1_500.png

Ok guys, don't do this to me. Don't make me get on this train, please!!

So Ken is getting all the girls and stuff? also I'm guessing everyone already noticed Theodore on the P3 episode, what do you think his involvment in the story is?

Now that the Ken and Shadow Ken pages are up and they both represent Koromaru, I think it's fair to say that this is an indication that there will be at least one more character, because there haven't been graphical omissions like this with the updates so far.

Here's part of the official description:

The "and more" part might turn out to be more than Ken and Koromaru.

It sounds as though the music during Ken's trailer is actually his theme. Sounds nice.

Theodore? Just mentioning it cause of the image he's in on the P3 episode

FluxWaveZ

Theodore? Just mentioning it cause of the image he's in on the P3 episode

Doubt it:

- Theodore would feel redundant given Elizabeth.
- Theodore was revealed last week along with Ken and Koromaru's reveal. I doubt a new playable character would just be tagged along with the announcement of another.
- To the previous point, it would be silly to reveal a character new to P4AU like this, only to reserve the fact that they're playable to a later date. (Which makes me think of a certain other character, but he may or may not be an exception)
- Theodore is most likely the character 4Gamer was talking about when they were talking about a fan desired, returning character. They made it a point to say that the character "may or may not be playable."
- I really doubt Theodore is the kind of important story character that would be left for one of the last character reveals.

I still don't think that there will be anymore non-DLC characters.

I want to believe in you, Best Buy.

EDIT: It looks like Best Buy updated their description and took out Rise and Ken.

FluxWaveZ

EDIT: It looks like Best Buy updated their description and took out Rise and Ken.

All descriptions were updated when pre-orders opened on May 16. The important character related description is now this one:
The original cast of characters from Persona 3 and 4 are back to discover the mastermind behind the whole tournament, while a few new faces join the fight, including Junpei Iori, Yukari Takeba, Rise Kujikawa, and more. But standing in their way is the dual katana-wielding Sho Minazuki, a huge threat to everyone involved in the P-1 Climax. Worse yet, there’s a Sho lookalike who can wield a Persona…

PK Gaming

That's not how damage calculation works. Take the square roots of those base damage values to find actual base damage.

(Also, I'm pretty sure boost and amp are additive, not multiplicative.)

Yeah, you're right. It's definitely a lot more complex than what I posted. The actual damage calculation (according to Arthellinus's FAQ) is this:

DMG = 5 x sqrt(ST/EN x ATK) x MOD x HITS X RND

DMG = Damage
ST = Character's Strength stat
EN = Enemy's Endurance stat
ATK = Atk value of equipped weapon OR Pwr value of used skill
MOD = Modifier based on the difference between character level and enemy level
HITS= Number of hits (for physical skills)
RND = Randomness factor (according to DragoonKain33, may be roughly between
0.95 and 1.05)

Doesn't really change anything though.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
My subs for both of those videos are going to run late today. I got hit with freelance work while working on Ken's and I pretty much have to dash off for the rest of the day, so I'll be running both that and the Golden Arena stuff sometime during the evening. Sorry~

kewlmyc

My subs for both of those videos are going to run late today. I got hit with freelance work while working on Ken's and I pretty much have to dash off for the rest of the day, so I'll be running both that and the Golden Arena stuff sometime during the evening. Sorry~

No sweat, you do it for free anyway. Take your time and make your money.

Lunar15

So if that thing was up this morning and then removed, how did we get that second screenshot? Was that up and removed as well? And why is there a big random white hole there?

So if that thing was up this morning and then removed, how did we get that second screenshot? Was that up and removed as well? And why is there a big random white hole there?

What white hole? The background behind the people?

As for screenshots, I assume it just takes time for people to find them. These popped up on my tumblr feed while I've been working.

It gets funnier when you start to read the Japanese text.

Don't try and read the text, it will spoil you on events of P2 and P4A

I recognize all 3 pics my friend, try harder
Some of y'all be hella gullible

Do you realise how hard it is to find Persona 2 pictures that remotely look like they could be from Arena? I even had to black out the maya one.

Also, previous two if you didn't see them, http://37.media.tumblr.com/c763cc27489ab0c8a6ad24a289284308/tumblr_n6c0cfIKLd1t46pjso1_1280.png & http://37.media.tumblr.com/8d6adb3265e14e9732588ee3c011d530/tumblr_n6c4e7SYAq1t46pjso1_1280.png

kewlmyc

I recognize all 3 pics my friend, try harder
Some of y'all be hella gullible

I was waiting for you to show up since I never played P2. Figured they were CGs from the P2:IS PSP game.

Don't try and read the text, it will spoil you on events of P2 and P4A

Do you realise how hard it is to find Persona 2 pictures that remotely look like they could be from Arena? I even had to bacl out the maya one.

You have a lot of free time on your hands to pop this up in a few hours.

Setsu00

Tatsuya Suou....Suou....Sho?

I've been seeing a lot of these theories lately. Many people point out that Sho's Tsukiyomi and Tatsuya's Apollo have similiar designs
or refer to Sho's dialogue where he mentions a girl that he wants to save (Maya?)
. This is the first time however that points out a similarity between "Suou" and "Sho" when written with latin letters. The names sound nothing alike though in spoken Japanese.

About Sho: I can't help but feel like Sho Minazuki isn't the real name of either Sho. Also, I was recently made aware of the fact that "Sho" is apparently a Japanese placeholder name...

FluxWaveZ

I've been seeing a lot of these theories lately. Many people point out that Sho's Tsukiyomi and Tatsuya's Apollo have similiar designs
or refer to Sho's dialogue where he mentions a girl that he wants to save (Maya?)
. This is the first time however that points out a similarity between "Suou" and "Sho" when written with latin letters. The names sound nothing alike though in spoken Japanese.

The "evidence" I've seen to support that theory:

- Supposed Apollo and Tsukiyomi similarities
- The arcana stuff (Tatsuya's the Sun, Sho's the Sun while his counterpart's the Moon)
- That girl he wants to protect (with the implication for this theory being Maya)
- Attempts to link the Crawling Chaos into P4AU, which would obviously connect it with P2

I don't really think that this is what's happening, though. So many questions about Sho... wonder why he even has a Yasogami outfit.

A little tough when you have people saying different things.

I dunno, dude. At some point, one should use their own judgement to perceive what's likely and what's not. The unlikely nature of what that was, combined with the lack of discussion surrounding it and the fact that people were calling it out as fake right when it was posted...

Edit: Random compilation of P4AU locations of interest from the trailers so far:

- Yasogami rooftop (Ken and Junpei)
- Club Escapade (Fuuka, Yukari and Rise)
- Some kind of chaos portal (Junpei and Yukiko)
- Labrys' dungeon (Ken, Koromaru and Yukiko)

Setsu00

Well played Dave.

One might say he's the... Fresh Prince of Photoshop.

The "evidence" I've seen to support that theory:

- Supposed Apollo and Tsukiyomi similarities
- The arcana stuff (Tatsuya's the Sun, Sho's the Sun while his counterpart's the Moon)
- That girl he wants to protect (with the implication for this theory being Maya)
- Attempts to link the Crawling Chaos into P4AU, which would obviously connect it with P2

I don't really think that this is what's happening, though. So many questions about Sho... wonder why he even has a Yasogami outfit.

About that: Nyarlathothep is linked to the moon in the Cthulu myth.

I dunno, dude. At some point, one should use their own judgement to perceive what's likely and what's not. The unlikely nature of what that was, combined with the lack of discussion surrounding it and the fact that people were calling it out as fake right when it was posted...=

And that it was Persona 2, a game that doesn't exist in eyes of Atlus

:3

At this point I consider I think it's best to consider P1/2 and P3/4 as separate series, like Devil Summoner/Soul Hackers and Devil Summoner Raifou 1/2. Like those, however, they share a number of same mythos, and references. I'm not saying that they aren't the same series, but y'all get what I mean?

At this point I consider I think it's best to consider P1/2 and P3/4 as separate series, like Devil Summoner/Soul Hackers and Devil Summoner Raifou 1/2. Like those, however, they share a number of same mythos, and references. I'm not saying that they aren't the same series, but y'all get what I mean?

No. Arena 2 will bring them together!

Meia

Well, are we still questioning what the malevolent's identity is? PERSONA SERIES SPOILERS FOLLOW:
I mean, it being Nyarl would be the perfect bridge between both series anyway, even if it's the only one. Or is the prevailing thought that the VAs being the same is just a coincidence? Or is it just a matter of Nyarl being the only thing coming over from early Persona?

FluxWaveZ

Either way, I think there are too many similarities going on between P2 and P4AU to totally dismiss the potential for a connection yet.

I don't think I want that anymore. Just seeing a character to two is fine for me.

What happened to you man? you used to be cool.

So they made Ken a stud, dark times for all the haters out there.

I think what the haters hated about Ken, was that he was a little twat. Now he's not, maybe.

Well, are we still questioning what the malevolent's identity is? PERSONA SERIES SPOILERS FOLLOW:
I mean, it being Nyarl would be the perfect bridge between both series anyway, even if it's the only one. Or is the prevailing thought that the VAs being the same is just a coincidence? Or is it just a matter of Nyarl being the only thing coming over from early Persona?

It will give us a connection between 1+2 to 3+4, and set up
Nyarly
for P5.

obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom