• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Ok, I accept your avatar bet. That "and more" is describing Ken, Koromaru, Sho and SHO, which is enough for a "and more" to me.

It'd be weird if "more" was followed up with a negation and the actual characters named, but you're on.

Uh, what are the conditions? My stance is just that there will be a new character reveal at some point.

It'd be weird if "more" was followed up with a negation and the actual characters named, but you're on.

I agree. The "and more" is instead of listing both Shos twice. I have to admit, interesting theory with the portrait, but General Teddie and Rise got official art too and weren't playable in the first one. They also had sprites for the story mode, exactly like
Adachi

Uh, what are the conditions? My stance is just that there will be a new character reveal at some point.

Hmm, my stance is

Adachi
will never be playable.
2. There are no more non-DLC characters left.

FluxWaveZ

I agree. The "and more" is instead of listing both Shos twice.

Hmm, my stance is

Adachi
will never be playable.
2. There are no more non-DLC characters left.

But they listed both Shos twice anyways...

And actually, with those conditions, I don't think we need to have a bet, heh. I don't particularly disagree with the possibility of those two points.

FluxWaveZ

Is anyone here actually getting P4AU for the 360?

I guess here's my selfish hypothetical: I would have rather had a PS4 port of the game than a 360 one.

Bo0p5hZIEAACfRP.png

Is anyone here actually getting P4AU for the 360?

I had the first Arena for 360. It's actually a lot faster with saving, loading and network operations. Also pretty nice that 9/10 lobbies were lagless American ones. Sold my 360 though, and picked up the PS3 version when it was on sale.

I guess here's my selfish hypothetical: I would have rather had a PS4 port of the game than a 360 one.

Same, maybe even a Vita version. But only if there was cross-platform multiplayer. We don't need to further fragment the userbase.

I always assumed that P4A on the 360 sold like crap. I guess it must have done well to warrant a sequel.

I have it on both, got the 360 version the month it came out and the servers were already dead. (I should clarify I'm UK so launch for me was May 2013)

The PS3 version has more active members NOW than the 360 version did on launch. (or so it seems from my perspective)

FluxWaveZ

The PS3 version has more active members NOW than the 360 version did on launch. (or so it seems from my perspective)

That sounds about right. I also owned both the 360 and PS3 versions of the game and the 360 version always lacked activity dramatically in player lobbies and especially in ranked matches, compared to the PS3 version, since the beginning. Before I sold my 360, there was practically no activity except for a very small amount of people.

Was really surprised when I saw they decided to do a 360 version just for NA. Yeah, guess sales must not have been too bad for that to happen, though I can't imagine online will be much livelier this time around than it was then.

About the "coming soon" character, I'd like to see
malevolent entity using Makoto's shadow as disguise

Ooh, now that could be interesting. Or maybe a Mokujin style character, The Malevolent Entity takes on the moveset of the shadow form of another character and it changes every round.

CorvoSol

You people are confusing me. I thought 1 was the one to avoid and people should be play the 2 duology instead

What? No. Persona 1 is the compact, fun game that you can play and end in like, two weeks tops and don't need to get stupid fucking references to every fucking MegaTen game ever because the plot is largely self-contained and fairly tight, and it has a kickass soundtrack. Persona 2 is the inflated snoozeathon with the 75% crap soundtrack and the take-two-steps-fight-battle encounter rate with the ridiculously referential storyline that tries to confuse you into thinking it is cool by doing a lot of wacky things so you don't notice that it fumbles character development at every turn.

I'm kidding. Kind of. Well, more like I'm exaggerating, really.

*drinking buddha's tears*

Flandy

Those are bad people who are trying to lead you astray. Do not believe their lies, P1 is the game to play.

What? No. Persona 1 is the compact, fun game that you can play and end in like, two weeks tops and don't need to get stupid fucking references to every fucking MegaTen game ever because the plot is largely self-contained and fairly tight, and it has a kickass soundtrack. Persona 2 is the inflated snoozeathon with the 75% crap soundtrack and the take-two-steps-fight-battle encounter rate with the ridiculously referential storyline that tries to confuse you into thinking it is cool by doing a lot of wacky things so you don't notice that it fumbles character development at every turn.

I'm kidding. Kind of. Well, more like I'm exaggerating, really.

*drinking buddha's tears*

You people are confusing me. My entire world has come crashing down. ;___;

Oh I know! I just won't play either of them :D

Okay you can stay.
P3P FemMC Spoiler:
I was pretty bummed out that I couldn't make Junpei my husbando and ended up getting friendzoned in January by him :l

CorvoSol

You people are confusing me. My entire world has come crashing down. ;___;

Oh I know! I just won't play either of them :D

P3P FemMC Spoiler:
I was pretty bummed out that I couldn't make Junpei my husbando and ended up getting friendzoned in January by him :l

To be honest the old trilogy hasn't been a huge amount of fun to play. I'd definitely suggest checking out the Persona 1 Manga, though! Read it while listening to the game's sound track and you're good to go.

Also:
Junpei turning you down in January has to be the deepest of all cuts in that game. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. JUNPEI LOVE MEEEE." I think he's made all the more desirable by his unattainability.

Also:
Junpei turning you down in January has to be the deepest of all cuts in that game. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. JUNPEI LOVE MEEEE." I think he's made all the more desirable by his unattainability.

Every one of his characteristics make him exponentially more desirable

Acid08

Banned
To be honest the old trilogy hasn't been a huge amount of fun to play. I'd definitely suggest checking out the Persona 1 Manga, though! Read it while listening to the game's sound track and you're good to go.

Also:
Oh nice, you're reading it! What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom