• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh...

1. Pretty sure Kenji wasn't in P3M #1.
2. Strength of will. One last attempt out of desperation.
3. That never happened. An Apathy Syndrome victim did.

1. Wasn't he the one playing along with Junpei and Makoto at the arcade? I think he also appears with Kazushi and Junpei during the exams sequence.
2. Ah, I see.
3. Ohh, he looked similar to Makoto at first glance. Gotcha.

I use this as my Vita lockscreen/wallpaper these days (3DS game as my Vita background, I'm a rebel like that):

Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-8.jpg

Looks really good on the OLED.

FluxWaveZ

1. Wasn't he the one playing along with Junpei and Makoto at the arcade? I think he also appears with Kazushi and Junpei during the exams sequence.

Yeah, I checked again and I was wrong. I had ignored when Junpei called him and they changed how he looked quite a bit, so I didn't recognize him.

Acid08

Banned
After a very long evening of work, I've completed my latest series of art-- Ultra Suplex Hold Arcade! There are three types of graphics available based on requests on Twitter:

HD Wallpaper Complete Set (1920 x 1080)

Vita Wallpaper Complete Set

Twitter Banner Complete Set (New User Pages)

This series is now complete for all of the announced characters on the P4U2 website (and I threw in a couple of surprise extras from P4A!). I hope you all enjoy them! :D
Definitely going to use Yukari's on my Vita :D good stuff as always!

kewlmyc

So my friend already went away and we saw the P3 movie, played some P4A and watched some of the P4AU trailers.

Man, the movie was AMAZING! This movie made me like Makoto way more than before. All of the other characters kinda seem more likeable here than in the game for some reason.
I'm really glad Jack Frost appeared.
They managed to find a balance between weapons and Personas (even though I think Akihiko didn't use his fists). I really enjoyed all of the Social Link cameos, although Kenji seemed more different than his game counterpart. The Fuuka and Natsuki relationship was handled better. And I love
the Aigis bit in the end.

Three questions:
1-
Which person was the one that made Makoto able to summon Jack Frost from the Magician arcana: Kenji or Junpei?
2-During the train sequence,
Junpei seemed out of SP to summon his Persona, but after Makoto starts absorbing the ice attacks with Jack Frost, Junpei somehow is able to summon his Persona one more time. How was he able to do that?
3- At the beginning of the movie,
Makoto threw himself at the moving train, what the hell was that?

And about the P4AU trailer of Ken, I can't believe he is popular enough that he has his own fanclub at school lol His IK looks so amazing. Can't wait to play as him.

1. Most will say Junpei, but considering Elizabeth says that he earned it during the last battle he'd been in (which was the Magician battle on the roof), they might just have him earning the new persona every time he beats a full moon boss of the same arcana. Would fall in line with him summoning Sarasvati (Priestess arcana) after beating the Priestess boss (or it could be because he befriended Fuuka then). We'll have to see if he can summon an Emperor and Emperess arcana persona in order to test this theory out in the next movie.

Rhapsody

Banned
His eye/hair color are wrong. He has grey eyes and lighter brown hair instead of the dark brown hair and eyes he should have. That's probably why nobody recognizes him.

I remember when I saw him, I was a bit caught off guard. He looked less of a "loser" and more of an ordinary plain guy, haha.
I didn't remember the hair and eye color, so that's pretty interesting.

kewlmyc

Flux, you did a marvelous job. I should have taken this week off and just watched the world burn with you!

Maybe next time. (゚▽゚*)♪

My Ken subs are up, by the way. Sorry for the wait! Golden Arena mode will be done after I get a nap in~

Just saw this. Funny how Flux was that far off with Ken's current personality. Still seems like a kid trying to be more grown than he is.

Also damn, his shadow seems to be laying down some dark truths.

abrack08

After a very long evening of work, I've completed my latest series of art-- Ultra Suplex Hold Arcade! There are three types of graphics available based on requests on Twitter:

HD Wallpaper Complete Set (1920 x 1080)

Vita Wallpaper Complete Set

Twitter Banner Complete Set (New User Pages)

This series is now complete for all of the announced characters on the P4U2 website (and I threw in a couple of surprise extras from P4A!). I hope you all enjoy them! :D

These are great, hope nobody minds if I use the Chie one. Is her head supposed to be cut off like this though?

https://twitter.com/abrack08

Not a shameless attempt to get followers, I promise

DNAbro

anybody want to post a picture comparing movie Kenji and game Kenji?

also i hated his social link sooooo much, but magician had really useful personas.

Squire

Banned
That's what I had thought at first, but then I looked back and that looked nothing like Kenji. Let me pop it in to check right now...

Edit: Yeah, I was wrong, that was Kenji. Though, I only know that because Junpei calls him "Tomochika"; I don't think they really did justice to how he actually looks.

Kenji doesn't deserve justice

arue

Flux, you did a marvelous job. I should have taken this week off and just watched the world burn with you!

Maybe next time. (゚▽゚*)♪

My Ken subs are up, by the way. Sorry for the wait! Golden Arena mode will be done after I get a nap in~

Thanks for the subs, Pepsiman.

I wasn't expecting Shadow Ken's personality, (P3 and The Answer spoiler)
because I thought he is already over with Shinji's death at the end of The Answer.

But then, he's on that age range, so it kinda makes sense.

I wasn't expecting Shadow Ken's personality, (P3 and The Answer spoiler)
because I thought he is already over with Shinji's death at the end of The Answer.

But then, he's on that age range, so it kinda makes sense.

I feel the same. Surprises me that he would still wish for that deep inside.

Yeah, I checked again and I was wrong. I had ignored when Junpei called him and they changed how he looked quite a bit, so I didn't recognize him.
Ah, easy mistake, I was confused at first too.
1. Most will say Junpei, but considering Elizabeth says that he earned it during the last battle he'd been in (which was the Magician battle on the roof), they might just have him earning the new persona every time he beats a full moon boss of the same arcana. Would fall in line with him summoning Sarasvati (Priestess arcana) after beating the Priestess boss (or it could be because he befriended Fuuka then). We'll have to see if he can summon an Emperor and Emperess arcana persona in order to test this theory out in the next movie.
Now that theory does makes sense. Thanks!
I actually like Kenji and his S Link. LOL
Kenji looks way better now. And yeah, I like him too! Was my first SL completed.

Kenji looks way better now. And yeah, I like him too! Was my first SL completed.

He was also my first one. He showed me the wonderful world of Social Links. Can't hate him. Besides, it's always fun to talk about women and that teacher was indeed hot, can't blame him:

Emiri_Kanou.png

So I enjoyed hanging out with him. :D

He was also my first one. He showed me the wonderful world of Social Links. Can't hate him. Besides, it's always fun to talk about women and that teacher was indeed hot, can't blame him:

Emiri_Kanou.png

So I enjoyed hanging out with him. :D

Her boobs are fake.

And not even the good kind of fake.

Can "fake boobs" be used to refer to a padded bra? I feel like "fake boobs" specifically suggests implants, whereas a padded bra is kind of its own thing. Help out here, linguistics majors.

What else am I supposed to call them? Illusionary boobs? Actually, that's not half bad...

PK Gaming

Persona 2: END OF DISC ONE, PLEASE INSERT DISC TWO

What follows are my impressions of Persona 2: Innocent Sin. They will be arranged into the negative and positive halves of each aspect of the game, so divided because I have distinct thoughts in both respects and because I choose to do so in order to end on a more positive note. Because these are my thoughts on the entire game, spoilers will follow. The majority of the post will just be enveloped in spoiler tags, really.

I'm aiming to be fair here, I really am, so bear with me as we go.

Congrats on finishing Persona 2: Innocent Sin! It was an arduous journey, but you made it to the finish line! But you know, this is just the beginning; you still have to finish Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. Like right now.

Just messing around. You're probably not going to want to touch Persona 2:EP for a long, long time (have you considered reading or watching a LP?)

Re: Gameplay

I definitely sympathize with you here; the PSP version of P2:IS is just a mess. I think you would have vastly preferred the PSX version, as the attack commands can be entered quickly. Also, battles are more challenging and the game runs smoother. And the kicker? Random encounters are effectively halved. Don't get me wrong, the PSX version of P2IS's gameplay is hardly something I would call good, but it's miles better than the PSP version.

Re: Tatsuya

You are absolutely right here. Tatsuya should not have been a silent protagonist. The dude's got the most defined backstory out of any of the other Persona protagonists, and several of his relationships are "solid" and set in stone. He vastly improves in P2:EP (to the point where he ends up being the best character, imo) but in exchange, they pass on the silent protag baton to Maya, and it ends up killing her character.

For what it's worth, EP's narrative is several times better than IS. It doesn't meander about with pointless plot threads. It's actually a lot more focused and the writing is stronger (though it suffers from... plot reuse). I actually really enjoyed EP narrative, and I have a feeling you'd enjoy it too (or at the very least, you'll like EP protagonists, such Ulala or Katsuya)

Wazzy

Banned
I really don't like Hollow Forest. :p

It's not really hard but some of the fights are really annoying. I could have beat the game already if it weren't for this dungeon. heh.

abrack08

I really don't like Hollow Forest. :p

It's not really hard but some of the fights are really annoying. I could have beat the game already if it weren't for this dungeon. heh.

That was my favorite dungeon. Maybe taken on its own it isn't that great but I was glad it at least had a couple gimmicks that made it not just another reskinned same-y dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom