• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I figured they were one and the same, going off of his boss battle anyway.

Nah, that's a different situation entirely.

Adachi's just human, obviously. He might have called unto the strength of a Shadow or whatever he did back there, but he obviously has his own insecurities. Since the P4AU Shadows are made out of mook Shadows, since Adachi is a Persona user and since it seems Adachi is not cooperating with Sho, he totally could have a Shadow version of himself if he were playable.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
re: P3 spoiler stuff

I've posted this before but I can still see something like this happening: http://i.imgur.com/V7sdvhw.png

I saw people mentioning a possible "replacement" for Igor and I think it'd be a good compromise. While he isn't completely revived, he is somehow freed from his burden. I just keep thinking about how he kinda got a raw deal with that whole thing. At the very least I'd like to see him briefly come back to say a proper goodbye to his friends before taking up Velvet Room duties with Elizabeth. All the crazy details as to how that would all happen... well I have no clue hahaha.

But that's probably stepping into fanfiction territory but I wouldn't put it past how silly some things get in the P4 Arena story.

I agree with you big time.
Freeing Makoto doesn't have to mean bringing him back to life, he could easily be the new velvet room master like you said or even become an ascended being like Philemon who would watch over future persona users or something. He can easily be repurposed he doesn't have to be gone for good.

Well, the discussion's been brought up a million times, with that as the focal point. I don't even necessarily disagree with it. Still, it's not as though the allegory wasn't overt as hell.

Persona 3 spoilers:
- Makoto's crucifixion.
- Makoto performs "miracles" throughout the game (e.g. stopping the train).
- Depicted as "the chosen one" right from the beginning.
- Literally dies for humanity's sins.
- Gains a Persona straight up called "Messiah."

I mean, it kind of adds up to something, right?

I think the same way.
Atlus probably always planned to bring him back even before the game's release, and so I don't think they are doing "fanservice". Actually I dare think that P3's story could be just a part of a whole bigger plot that could relate Nyarlathotep and Philemon. So, all this story about his coming back it isn't just for be happy forever, but to use his skills to fight an even harder battle. Yeah, I'm overthinking.

I dunno. P3 SPOILZ:
Did Chidori coming back ruin Junpei's character growth? The death still happened, he still dealt with it and it changed him. Just because she suddenly came back it doesn't mean that this growth didn't happen.

I agree with this.
Makoto died in P3 and everyone had to surpass this loss. That is the end of the game, that can never be ruined. Bringing him back won't reset the character's growth or even make them forget all about that pain and Memento Mori. I dare say it could make everyone's will even stronger at least this is what I think.

I remember there was a funeral, but I wasn't sure whether it was a burial or a cremation. Either way, there is no way to retrieve the body without it being rotten already.

Philemon or Igor could create a body to fulfill with his soul, just like they did with Elizabeth, Margaret and Theodore.

On this topic
of bringing sexy back

You make that song sound wonderfully better now. Thank you! lol

I've posted this before but I can still see something like this happening: http://i.imgur.com/V7sdvhw.png

I saw people mentioning a possible "replacement" for Igor and I think it'd be a good compromise. While he isn't completely revived, he is somehow freed from his burden. I just keep thinking about how he kinda got a raw deal with that whole thing. At the very least I'd like to see him briefly come back to say a proper goodbye to his friends before taking up Velvet Room duties with Elizabeth. All the crazy details as to how that would all happen... well I have no clue hahaha.

But that's probably stepping into fanfiction territory but I wouldn't put it past how silly some things get in the P4 Arena story.

While this has about a 0% of happening I really love this idea. Imagine the reactions of people playing P5 without even touching Arena.

Meia

While this has about a 0% of happening I really love this idea. Imagine the reactions of people playing P5 without even touching Arena.

Why not go all the way.
Makoto Yuki is the new master of the Velvet Room, and Aigis is his assistant. :p

This actually makes a lot of sense.
The P3MC returns during humanity's darkest hour to defeat the true evil and the false messiah, then rises to the Velvet Room, with Igor retiring.

Why not go all the way.
Makoto Yuki is the new master of the Velvet Room, and Aigis is his assistant. :p
I kind of disagree,
Aigis should stay behind with the Shadow Operatives, after all, the team needs an experienced leader to take over after the rest of the crew has grown old and retired. We've already seen her ability to take command during The Answer and the plane hijacking in P4 Arena, and I don't think Labrys is the type of person to command. Labrys, in my opinion, would rather act as that overpowered sergeant following orders. (In other words, the cowgirl of the SO team.
In another way though, since Aigis has the power of the Wild Card, Makoto could repeatedly summon her and give her tips by reading her future with the cards, basically guiding Aigis as a leader like how an Oracle would.

wtf?

Getting into some real fanfic territory here.

Hey, probably 10% of fanfiction is constructive and wishful speculation while the other 90% is pure fan service. Lol

Edit: For example, the new Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe by the new author can be considered fanfiction part of the 10%. Fanfiction so good that the publisher considers it canonicle.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I am never going to as much trouble as I did for this again, at least not using Aegisub's meager tools, but if you wanted pretty much every relevant bit of the Golden Arena Mode trailer you could think of in English, here you are~

kqAze7v.jpg

Sophia

I am never going to as much trouble as I did for this again, at least not using Aegisub's meager tools, but if you wanted pretty much every relevant bit of the Golden Arena Mode trailer you could think of in English, here you are~

I'm watching it right now. Good god, why hasn't Atlus hired you already? XD

That's some pretty amazing work subtitling all the little things, even the commentator comments. Amazing work, and thank you. <3

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I'm watching it right now. Good god, why hasn't Atlus hired you already? XD

That's some pretty amazing work subtitling all the little things, even the commentator comments. Amazing work, and thank you. <3

There's enough information in these sorts of trailers that's missed if I just do the barebones stuff that I like to even the playing field when I can. I figure English viewers come to me wanting the same level of insight as Japanese players get, so I want to do what I can to provide that. If I do something like this again, either I'm learning how to use After Effects to make the visual edits not a gigantic ordeal —Why do I have to draw shapes in a different program? And why do I have edit their sizes using sliders!?— or I'm just doing what I did with that Persona Q trailer and just layering text on top of the Japanese and calling it a day. This was a fun test run to get to know some advanced features in Aegisub, my subtitling program, but now I understand why they mostly go unused. ;____;

But thank you for the kind words! It always means a lot to hear people are into what I do for these things and helps reassure me I'm doing the right stuff in life. :D

Pepsiman, thanks a million for this. im really looking forward to playing the golden arena mode now :p

Like Sophia has already said, Atlus, or some other form of gaming media should definitely hire you.

Do us all a favor, watch the following video and repeat those words to yourself. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0cwlFYL80U

Great job dude.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Pepsiman, thanks a million for this. im really looking forward to playing the golden arena mode now :p

Like Sophia has already said, Atlus, or some other form of gaming media should definitely hire you.

Do us all a favor, watch the following video and repeat those words to yourself. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0cwlFYL80U

Great job dude.

This made me smile. I'm glad my work is making people happy in its own little way from the look of it. :)

http://www.atlus.com/career.php That's because if Pepsiman wants to get the new temporary translator job (as of May 23) that may possibly lead to a full time job. He needs to live in the LA/Orange county area.

Yeah, I check that page now and again out of curiosity because obviously I have a thing for their games, so I'm generally aware of when they have openings. But yeah, I live out in Denver and lack the finances otherwise to fund a move myself, so no go for me, unfortunately. I do actually have a half-filled Japanese application filled out to P Team proper for a planner position that I started last year that I meant to send in on a lark though. Should probably finish that one of these days when I feel like writing essays in Japanese on game design philosophies and whatnot.

Who's da Pepsiman?

You!

Thanks!

tumblr_lnyf3gpUYq1qchevd.png

Pepsi-senpai, you are the best. Thanks!

As someone who tries to do better than Duwang subs at minimum, charming in their own right though they may be, this means a lot! Thank you for caring!

That looked professional, good job.

Awesome work as always! Sometimes I don't know where we would be without you!

I mean you guys would all be right here still, probably. I mean if somebody's not discussing how legit Kenji's waifu's boobs are, who will?

Just found out from another thread on GAF that RPG Maker is apparently a part of this week's Humble Bundle.

I think we need to collaborate on an RPG about PersonaGAF, you guys.

Ooh, ooh! I can do some writing for it! :D

Interestingly, there's another thread going around about an rpgmaker competition. Make a game by August and win a prize. Something along those lines.

I think we all should assemble. Pgaf has alot of talent.

If you guys are up for such a project, add me to the list. Im down for it.

Just found out from another thread on GAF that RPG Maker is apparently a part of this week's Humble Bundle.

Who would be the MC and who would be the villain?

A post I saw on twitter inspired me to ask this question...What would your Shadow be like? Mine would just be negative all the time and be all like

My Shadow? If I get into details (because of course I thought what would my Shadow be like right after finishing P4) this will be a very long post, so let's just say that it would be similar to
Shadow Mitsuo

I am a Shadow.

So you're TheTrueSelf? ...I'm sorry, it was a bad joke, I know.

Squire

Banned

Ooh, ooh! I can do some writing for it! :D

Interestingly, there's another thread going around about an rpgmaker competition. Make a game by August and win a prize. Something along those lines.

I think we all should assemble. Pgaf has alot of talent.

If you guys are up for such a project, add me to the list. Im down for it.

If this becomes a thing, I would like to do some design work.

A post I saw on twitter inspired me to ask this question...What would your Shadow be like? Mine would just be negative all the time and be all like

Mine would go around complaining loudly about how useless and insignificant it is, while also whining that life isn't fair and it deserves an easy ride.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think anyone would admit what their shadow is. If it was that easy, everyone in P4 would have accepted right away.

Well, those are the P4 people. I think there are plenty of people out there who are all too familiar with their weakness and insecurities, and have accepted them or actively try to fight them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom