• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

The new art is less like Ken's art and more like Rise's, in terms of style and polish.

I wonder why that is? Seems odd.

im in favor of using spoiler tags for the persona games in terms of story. However, how can you effectively cover up the spoiler that
Adachi uses a persona?

He's in ultimax, Everyone's going to see his persona once the game is released, marketed, and videos start popping up. we'll also have pages of comments in this thread with his name only blacked out of messages. It doesn't take a genius to work out who we're referring to.

I dont think people should be penalized for
mentioning Adachi and Ultimax.

Newcomers may see that he uses a Persona,
but that doesn't mean they'll instantly think he's the killer in Persona 4. By that logic anyone could be the killer.

Story plot spoilers for Ultimax, Q, Dance and especially P5 should be tagged by all means.

FluxWaveZ

The new art is less like Ken's art and more like Rise's, in terms of style and polish.

Ken looks pretty generic as far as anime characters go, that's the only reason I can think of.

They've posted a lot of those articles over time. Probably just a standard recap of info we all knew about already.

Figured that might be the case, I stopped following PQ news when I lost all interest in the game, so I wasn't sure.

Yeah why not spoiler tag only plot elements from the upcoming titles? I mean these games have been out for a while. There could be something on the title like "tread lightly, read OP", to avoid situations like these.

tumblr_n6l5abCRZy1trk026o1_500.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Trying to look for new scans since the magazine's out. There's an anime scene pic of new character going all "Hey, what's up?" with a smile, closed eyes and a salute.

Edit: Ken's glasses make him look kinda dorky. Koromaru's glasses (goggles, really) are incredible.

FluxWaveZ

At least one of the story pics show that the character hasn't lost their edge, heh. Not even sure what's going on there, where
Adachi
has what really seems like a "lol you mad?" face, with the other guy, looking real angry, is grabbing them by the hair. It might actually be a "Oh crap, I fucked up" face.

Have a feeling this is actually part of the new character's dedicated episode, and that it's part of a flashback.

At least one of the story pics show that the character hasn't lost their edge, heh. Not even sure what's going on there, where
Adachi
has what really seems like a "lol you mad?" face, with the other guy, looking real angry, is grabbing them by the hair. It might actually be a "Oh crap, I fucked up" face.

Have a feeling this is actually part of the new character's dedicated episode, and that it's part of a flashback.

If we are looking at the same thing,
who's the shadow(?) guy with the red eyes
? I don't recognise them.

FluxWaveZ

If we are looking at the same thing,
who's the shadow(?) guy with the red eyes
? I don't recognise them.

Yeah, I think that one was just posted after I posted that comment. Probably the same guy, but affected by the red fog? Ugly dude, in any case.

There might have been a mistranslation or miscommunication somewhere, because I have the feeling the DLC story content that comes with the game's first-print copies wasn't an epilogue chapter, but just this new character's chapter. Maybe some of this character's story chapter takes place after the P4AU story or something.

Edit: Haha, yeah. Every stance this character takes while fighting is just great.

Lunar15

No idea what you're talking about. Ken's art seems right in line with those two. They're all very lanky and exaggerated. The difference is that the new art and Rise's art are leaning away from the camera while Ken is leaning towards it.

PK Gaming

Adachi

Hopefully the episode details the events leading up to his
incarceration.

FluxWaveZ

Apparent excuse for the character being DLC:
Apparently the excuse for
being DLC is because the Persona Team were saving his story episode for last and by the time they got to it, there wasn't enough time to fit it into the schedule for putting it on disc. So it's purely because of his story, heh.
Sounds a bit too convenient for me to believe that, but I didn't really care in the first place since it's all included with first-print copies anyways.

Real curious to see the character page of the official website updated now.

Edit: Oh, and looking at how the new character attacks I bet
they don't actually rely on firing their gun at someone to inflict damage, true to how they were depicted in P4, P4 The Animation and P4G.

Sophia

I have a hard time believing that excuse. Hopefully for their sake the content isn't like an unlock code or hell will be raised. >_>;

Dantis

I have a hard time believing that excuse. Hopefully for their sake the content isn't like an unlock code or hell will be raised. >_>;

I think that excuse is quite literally nonsense.

On the other hand, this is all preferable to a region lock.

Some P4AU Famitsu details from one who got the issue:

- Apparently shows a glimpse of the final character select screen.
- Ken and P4AU new character are navigators.
- Apparently P4AU will have PQ DLC BGM?

They've posted a lot of those articles over time. Probably just a standard recap of info we all knew about already.

Oh hell yes! Time to switch out my Yosuke navigator.

FluxWaveZ

The excuse is like the typical PR statement that most company's use these days. If this game is region locked, ill cry. :(

Well, like Dantis mentions, this kinda thing might actually be part of what makes it so the game isn't region locked.

First-print copy DLC, stronger value of the yen, lack of Index involvement, Sega involvement, further distance between NA and JPN launches compared to P4A... all of that makes it so that a region locking decision this time would be utter nonsense (not that it kinda wasn't the last time, but this time it would be an even bigger shit storm).

kewlmyc

Apparent excuse for the character being DLC:

Sounds a bit too convenient for me to believe that, but I didn't really care in the first place since it's all included with first-print copies anyways.

Real curious to see the character page of the official website updated now.

Edit: Oh, and looking at how the new character attacks I bet
they don't actually rely on firing their gun at someone to inflict damage, true to how they were depicted in P4, P4 The Animation and P4G.

Last story then huh? So we can put the more DLC characters rumor to rest?

At this point, I feel like all characters should be navigators, tbh.

Yukiko navigating me? No thanks. :p

I wouldn't mind Junpei or Kanji though.

I think that excuse is quite literally nonsense.

On the other hand, this is all preferable to a region lock.

What does content being on disc or not have to do with it being region locked?

Not that I disagree. I just don't get the connection.

Unless the last character is featured in the new story or irrelevant to the story.

FluxWaveZ

No, that's not what it says. It says that they "apparently" were planning to work on this particular story content last, but they ran out of time. Ignoring the fact that this might just be a straight up lie, it doesn't tell us much about anything else since we don't know their dev. process. They could have started from the end and worked their way backwards or whatever else. Or an additional character could already be incorporated into another P4AU episode. Could be anything like that.

Caladrius

Yeah they didn't have time to release a DLC character that's polished enough to be shown over a month before release.

Even taking into account printing time (which shouldn't be more than two weeks) that's a stretch

FluxWaveZ

Yeah they didn't have time to release a DLC character that's polished enough to be shown over a month before release.

Even taking into account printing time (which shouldn't be more than two weeks) that's a stretch

To be fair, they really just apparently refer to the episode itself and not the playable character. Still, doesn't make it more believable.

CorvoSol

Concerning Aigis and the protagonist in P3,
I'm pretty sure her feelings were romantic, or as close to romantic as she could muster, because I don't think close friends get sexually frustrated.

Considering to FeMC she adds
a regret of not being male to a regret of not being human, I thought it was very obvious that Aigis was in love with the protagonist(s)

FluxWaveZ

Never thought that a pic of that would excite me, but the main menu looks incredible. Can't really describe it, but the TV + stage motif it's going for with a spotlight off to the side highlighting the menu option is just great.

Scans show off some alt colors for Ken and Rise. Ken looks particularly dapper with a white outfit. Oh shit, I think I see confirmation that there'll be one last character...

Alright, yeah, I think it's pretty much a confirmation. Obviously not official, but wait a sec so I can describe this...

Dantis

Never thought that a pic of that would excite me, but the main menu looks incredible. Can't really describe it, but the TV + stage motif it's going for with a spotlight off to the side highlighting the menu option is just great.

Scans show off some alt colors for Ken and Rise. Ken looks particularly dapper with a white outfit.

Oh shit, I think I see confirmation that there'll be one last character.

Tell me that it's better than the garbage Arena 1 menu.

FluxWaveZ

Tell me that it's better than the garbage Arena 1 menu.

But I liked the P4A menu... Except for maybe the idle animations of the sprites in the background.

Well, our opinions differ quite a bit, man, but I think it's far, far better than the P4A menu. It must look sublime in motion.

Edit: Oh hey, we agree, heh.

Dantis

It's more what I'd expect from a Persona Team menu. Also, P$? Was there a currency for buying things in Arena? I don't even remember. I know Blazblue has one though, so I guess it's the same as that.

Also, what makes you think there might be another character?

It's more what I'd expect from a Persona Team menu. Also, P$? Was there a currency for buying things in Arena? I don't even remember. I know Blazblue has one though, so I guess it's the same as that.

Looks like the same system used to buy things in Blazblue yes

CorvoSol

Get the fuck out of town.

Does she really?

I'm almost certain that she makes a comment along the lines of
I know I'm not human and I'm not a boy, but . . . ! For fans of yuri I'm sure this is wonderful, but personally I felt that it sort of over complicated an already excellent Social Link. Aigis is one of the few ones I really prefer male side for.

Sophia

I'm almost certain that she makes a comment along the lines of
I know I'm not human and I'm not a boy, but . . . ! For fans of yuri I'm sure this is wonderful, but personally I felt that it sort of over complicated an already excellent Social Link. Aigis is one of the few ones I really prefer male side for.

She does indeed. It's in the Rank 9 scene.

Aigis: "Protagonist-san..."

Aigis: "I want to be by your side..."

Aigis: "I want to be closer to you than anyone else."

Aigis: "I don't want you to love someone else... I don't want that, even if it's what would make you happy!"

Aigis: "I know that I am a machine. I know... that I can't be touched."

Aigis: "I know that you should find happiness with a man...!"

There's pretty much no way to interpret this scene as anything other than a confession of love.

FluxWaveZ

Tried to find an appropriate pic to use to describe it, but had to capture one myself:
So this is the arcade version. Everyone in it is there, and there are 4 static screens at each corner of it (including the top left, which the resolution of the video did not get).

The final roster looks like this: the two topmost static screens have been replaced by the random icon, while Ken/Koromaru have taken the place of the bottom left static screen and Rise has taken the place of the bottom right. With this, the right side of the screen has been expanded and there are two more static screens, which would leave place for the new P4AU character. They wouldn't have 3 random icons on the screen, so that could only mean that there would be one more character.

After typing this out, there is one thing that makes me not so sure, however. The scan obscures how this looks, so I can't tell if the left side of the roster has also been expanded (particularly the bottom right, because it cuts out at the top left). If it has, then it's probably just aesthetic in nature. Even if it is, though, I can't imagine a character slot would be expanded at the top or at the bottom creating a third row because that would look dumb, and the new P4AU character needs a slot. Need to see a clear image of the roster to really be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom