• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

The "And there you have it!" at the end sounded like Michelle Ruff to me...

Yeah, having watched the video, it all sounded like Ruff to me.

I think she and Theo run the healing shop or something? They both have that in the game.

Liz is the nurse, Theo is weapon crafting.

I have a feeling that might stay unedited, seeing as there were cases of "Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena" and "Kuma" throughout the first game. Remember the opening?

I don't think I remember what you're referring to by the opening, but you're right about some of the Japanese aspects of it remaining untouched like Kuma. Kinda hope it's changed to Aigis, but eh.

Man, I need to see that full intro. And hear the full song, too.

Sophia

I don't think I remember what you're referring to by the opening, but you're right about some of the Japanese aspects of it remaining untouched like Kuma. Kinda hope it's changed to Aigis, but eh.

The opening cutscene displays the original title, regardless of version, language, or system setting. You can also see "Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayoana Arena" in the background on the titlescreen, despite the title itself saying just "Persona 4 Arena."

FluxWaveZ

The opening cutscene displays the original title, regardless of version, language, or system setting. You can also see "Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayoana Arena" in the background on the titlescreen, despite the title itself saying just "Persona 4 Arena."

Oh wow, I literally never noticed that.

And also, watching the old opening again to see that, I remember just how much I disliked it. Just the few seconds that we have of the new one wrecks the old one completely.

Sophia

Oh wow, I literally never noticed that.

And also, watching the old opening again to see that, I remember just how much I disliked it. Just the few seconds that we have of the new one wrecks the old one completely.

I'm kinda curious. The "arcade opening" for the original Persona 4 Arena isn't actually an animated cutscene, unlike the arcade opening to Ultimax. So they'd have to change Aigis and Teddie's name there.... maybe they will change it in all cutscenes? *shrugs*

Noi

DJ8TvwK.jpg

After escaping their run in with The Law, our heroes settled on discussing the events of last night the next day at school.

D4hmFTy.jpg

In front of the school gates, MC-kun runs into his next party member: Yosuke Hana- Leo Asahina (CV: Yuri Yosukethall). Whatever, I've given up on being surprised at this point.

uxNG9vM.jpg
xi04xXT.jpg

(Just pretend this is an AU where Yosuke is actually friends with Makoto). It's funny cause Erin at least tried to act like Chie wasn't actually Chie even if her voice gives it away at times, but Yuri is pretty much Yosuke with no attempt at hiding it.

Labrys quickly joins the group and they exchange pleasantries. Yosuke tells them about the rumor going around that the Axe guy from before was spotted at the park and almost got caught by the police, but vanished without a trace which spooks Labrys. As it turns out though, Yosuke is the curious type and is way too into stuff like that.

vb2QAko.jpg

Yosuke also happens to be a compulsive TV shopping network watcher.

Yosuke: Take a look at this! It's a spirit detector! When there's something nearby, it starts moving!

MC-kun: Why on Earth would you buy something like that?

Labrys: Oh, I remember seeing that on a late-night infomercial. They had a two-for-6500 yen deal!

Yosuke: Then you know why I had to get one!

Right, right.

2Qyn3gb.jpg
aWjppBF.jpg

YX9vI9I.gif

Yosuke proceeds to show off his new Ghost detector (which is just an app he got for his phone). MC-kun is unamused. It was 105 yen. Labrys is amazed at what a good deal it was. Laughs are had. MC-kun is still not amused, so Yosuke uses the app there to show how good it works and detects a "ghost" standing right near them. MC-kun tells him to cut it off cause he's scaring poor Labrys, but Yosuke soon has to run off and tells them not to make plans for that evening so they can go on a ghost hunt. Labrys comments on how she's jealous that Yosuke and MC-kun are long time friends, to which he replies:

vCINoGr.jpg

Ice-cold, bruddah. The two head off into school, but not before they have a tender exchange about him walking too fast and her walking too slow.

Once inside, Chie grills them about their little ghost hunt with Yosuke later, which MC-kun emphasizes that he never agreed on going. He quickly changes the subject back to yesterday, and asks Chie to explain what was going on. She starts her story with her going for her morning job before she ran into a creepy salaryman (those guys have it rough).

1ofDcoU.jpg

The hell Chie, he hadn't even done anything!

QZATo6V.jpg

Oh, that justifies it then.

YOMvJ1t.jpg

That's quite the style.

So anyway, the gist of her story is that she was about to die and ended up at the Weapon Shop, where Sexygor gave her the same ultimatum as MC-kun. This all happened two days ago. Two prove this, she brandishes her weapons and shows us her Persona in the middle of the classroom.

ottna7s.jpg

However, she realizes too late that this was a bad idea, and everyone in the classroom starts screaming. A random student calls the police, which get there in no time and put our heroes under custody. In hindsight, Chie probably should have thought that showing off a demon was not something she should do in a room full of people, but oh well. Not everyone has a happy ending.

rlY1Jfo.png

Ah c'mon, I'm allowed to have some creative freedom, right?

pqCdTgR.jpg

After Chie got her Mind, the store vanished and the creep was on the ground. She'd been saved by some old guy, 30 years old or so. C'mon Chie, 30 isn't THAT old. He told her that if the cops find out about their Minds, they'll get arrested for some reason. She ran into MC-kun and Labrys the next day while looking for the old man.

Yosuke rejoins the group at the worst time and overhears part of the conversation.

Y2LIPi1.jpg

Smooth, real smooth.

Not one to let things go, he coerces the others to join him on his ghost hunt after school in exchange for not blabbing about anything. Labrys can't go because some scientist honcho is gonna give a lecture to her class. Damn. :(

V75uxf0.jpg

*groan*

Next time on MIND≒0, to the park. And our first dungeon!

todd360

The false ending made me laugh so hard.

I was just like whelp... Then I scrolled down and saw that wasn't what really happened.

Lunar15

I think one of the main issues with spoilers is that a lot of this stuff is news and should probably be discussed on the discussion side, not the community thread.

We're overusing this thread a bit.

koutoru

This is a great example of why I think we should add something to the thread title.

I'm also super hyped to play as him.

Is this spoiler content? This was publicly announced on famitsu.

I know why it might be seen that way but for P4UA he is a publicly announced character.

FluxWaveZ

I know why it might be seen that way but for P4UA he is a publicly announced character.

The content is old and was posted here before, for one. But yeah, we currently have a no spoiler clause for any Persona content whatsoever in this thread, regardless of what they may be or how they've been announced... or whatever.

koutoru

The content is old and was posted here before, for one. But yeah, we currently have a no spoiler clause for any Persona content whatsoever in this thread, regardless of what they may be or how they've been announced... or whatever.
I see, well I'll just add a spoiler tag then to the image.

I personally don't think it's that bad, but as a thread in whole we are currently deciding on how to treat the
Adachi situation, as we get new comers who haven't finished P4

At the moment we aren't posting images with

koutoru

I personally don't think it's that bad, but as a thread in whole we are currently deciding on how to treat the
Adachi situation, as we get new comers who haven't finished P4

At the moment we aren't posting images with tags and are spoiler tagging his name.[/QUOTE]
Is there a different community thread for P4A?
There's so much to talk about that might just be spoilers for a general Persona thread.

There's so much to talk about that might just be spoilers for a general Persona thread.

You can kinda see the problem we are facing :p There was a P4A Thread, I don't know if anyone has started one for Ultimax sorry.

Feel free to talk about it here, just remember to use spoiler tags.

FluxWaveZ

There's the P4A community OT, but it's rather inactive at the moment.

I'm the one who's handling the P4AU import OT, which may or may not also become the OT upon the NA release, and I'm not going to be hiding one of the game's playable characters.

CorvoSol

Noi what the hell is wrong with Not-Yosuke's hair? Why would you have one side of your head, and not even all of it, in corn rows? WHO DOES THAT?

Noi

Then I think we can say that AUsuke is a bigger loser than Yosuke. I mean CORN ROWS. On one small part of his head. You ain't Ganondorf, you don't get to have corn rows.

To be honest, I don't think we ever get a look at the right side of Not!Yosuke's head, so far all we know, he could have corn rows there too.

dADhHFY.gif

CorvoSol

WHEN'S MAHVEL, SMEFFY-KUN~

UMVC3 is the only place where Jean Grey Sr. is still alive.

Kinda like how the Spider-Man newspaper comic is the only place where Peter and Mary are still married.

Now Mara Jade isn't canon, and Amy Pond isn't the Doctor's companion.

HELPFUL TIP: Don't like redheads in stuff, cuz somehow the universe will fuck you over. Take note Mitsuru, fans.

I spy with my eye, something that is UtaPri.

Noi, I've been enjoying this look into Mind 0 so far as I'm one of those people that wondered just how similar the game is to Persona but didn't want to support it if it was really just a way to pull in fans of Persona without actually trying anything new with it.
Apologies for that run-on sentence.

CorvoSol

To be honest, I don't think we ever get a look at the right side of Not!Yosuke's head, so far all we know, he could have corn rows there too.

dADhHFY.gif

On the one hand, asymmetric corn rows is awful, but on the other hand they look so bad on the one side of his head, putting them on the other would just look that much worse. He just shouldn't have them.

He should listen to the Apostle Paul: All hairstyles are licit unto me, but not all um, shit I don't know what the word "convem" is in English.

FluxWaveZ

That brief clip of the console intro looks so much better than the arcade version. This time next week, we should have a ton of english footage.

Thank goodness they added lyrics to the main theme.

I actually really enjoy the Ultimax arcade opening. Maybe it's relative, though, because I thought both the arcade and console openings for P4A were terrible. The theme does a lot to make it dynamic and full of energy, for both openings. I love it. Wonder if we'll get the full thing anytime soon...

PK Gaming

I actually really enjoy the Ultimax arcade opening. Maybe it's relative, though, because I thought both the arcade and console openings for P4A were terrible. The theme does a lot to make it dynamic and full of energy, for both openings. I love it. Wonder if we'll get the full thing anytime soon...

How can you not love the arcade intro with every fiber of your being?

p4aintrodxrfj.gif

You're dead to me

FluxWaveZ

How can you not love the arcade intro with every fiber of your being?

You're dead to me

Nah man. I like this part:
But that's about it. I didn't actively dislike the arcade intro as I did the console one, but it was just bland and barely had any animation whatsover. It was a collection of ugly, sliding stills, and that was awful. The music was fine, though.

They've stepped their game up this time, though. And for that, I'm grateful.

Yeah man, that P4A opening was awful, especially the music. I love the art and effects of the new one though. Can't wait for the full version.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
IGN has a video preview of the English version of Ultimax. We get to hear Sho's English voice acting! He also confirms 6 new characters, so I guess that's it for Non-DLC.

http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/06/04/persona-4-arena-ultimax-video-preview

I had a big stupid grin on my face the whole time :DDD

Well (P4 spoiler)
Adachi
looks as happy as ever in P4UA.

http://www.famitsu.com/cominy/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=82833

Adachi
looks like
he
gives absolutely NO shits and I'm lovin' it! As mentioned before, I love how
he
seems to have a completely different attitude; determination with hints of psychosis~

I concur, the Ultimax opening is just a lot catchier. Might be because the engrish isn't so pronounced.

First two seconds of the video...

What! They changed Aigis's name to Aegis! Blasphemy!

Thats how its always been in the japanese releases.
And to be honest the greek story that the name is based off of is also spelled aegis.

Never understood the reason for changing it, same with Aeris/Aerith.

Can anyone point out where about Lotus Juice was in the IGN trailer?

Have they really changed Aigis's name?

See above.
Also you can vaguely hear lotus juice as the main theme fades out, its quick though so listen out at around 8 seconds in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom