• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm, after seeing that new character select screen, i assume that
adachi
is below/above narukami and the two random boxes are in their respectable places like Arena.

If that's the case, this may be the final roster. We'll have to wait for the character page on the website to be updated before we can say for sure.

FluxWaveZ

hmm, after seeing that new character select screen, i assume that
adachi
is below/above narukami and the two random boxes are in their respectable places like Arena.

If that's the case, this may be the final roster. We'll have to wait for the character page on the website to be updated before we can say for sure.

Oh, right! I got too trigger happy, there; didn't even remember that there was a random icon under Narukami in the arcade version. Hm, what you say makes more sense, given that.

Wait, but wouldn't that look weird if one didn't get that character as DLC? Hm.

Mdesilva

Oh, right! I got too trigger happy, there; didn't even remember that there was a random icon under Narukami in the arcade version. Hm, what you say makes more sense, given that.

Nah, they didn't care in Blazblue. If you don't have Kagura or Kokonoe, it looks off (Terumi sorta can go either way since he's at the top).

FluxWaveZ

Nah, they didn't care in Blazblue. If you don't have Kagura or Kokonoe, it looks off (Terumi sorta can go either way since he's at the top).

Something I hadn't taken into account is that if one doesn't have the BBCP character in question, their space is still there but it's grayed out, which could be what they do here as well.

From all of that, I'm leaning towards the roster being final. An unobstructed version of it plus the website update should make us know for sure.

kewlmyc

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite spectacularly, sir. Bravo.

Mdesilva

Something I hadn't taken into account is that if one doesn't have the BBCP character in question, their space is still there but it's grayed out, which could be what they do here as well.

From all of that, I'm leaning towards the roster being final. An unobstructed version of it plus the website update should make us know for sure.
It's not grayed out if you play an offline mode.

Also, I looked at the Famitsu scans, and it looks like there are indeed two Random spots on the console version.

FluxWaveZ

It's not grayed out if you play an offline mode.

Also, I looked at the Famitsu scans, and it looks like there are indeed two Random spots on the console version.

Heh, goes to show how much time I've spent playing BBCP offline.

And yeah, what were essentially the top right and top left static screens were replaced by random icons.

While i am satisfied with the current roster, I think it would be perfection if they add one more character.........
.(Makoto)

Im 100% a Yu Narukami fan, but i know a large portion of the fanbase are fond of
Makoto.

With any luck, we'll get the
Adachi
trailer tomorrow, and new trailers of the game as a whole during E3 week.

PK Gaming

Get the fuck out of town.

Does she really?

Yes. Her rank 9 pretty much reads like a shoujo-ai.
Aigis: If I were to use the proper words... I know it would never come true, and I..!

Aigis: Even if my wishes are unfulfilled, I have to share my true feelings.

Aigis: I want to be by your side.

Aigis: I want to be closer to you than anyone else.

Aigis: I don't want you to love someone else... I don't want that, even if it's what would make you happy.

Aigis: I know that i'm a machine. I know... that I can't be touched.

Aigis: I know that you should find happiness with a man..!

Aigis: But, but... I don't know why...!

Aigis: All I can see or think about is you... I feel like i'm going to break down.

Aigis: I'll go ahead, I can't look at you now.

The gayngst was strong with this one.

NichM

Banned
Yeah they didn't have time to release a DLC character that's polished enough to be shown over a month before release.

I know the excuse has been debunked as a bad translation, but 1) polished enough to be shown is not the same as "completely finished," and 2) a month before release is not enough time to have something on the disc. Master submission takes a few weeks and manufacturing+shipping takes a few more.

Caladrius

It is a fantastic roster, more than I expected, but as you all know, I will never be satisfied. RIP.

Worse than dead

Not playable.

I know the excuse has been debunked as a bad translation, but 1) polished enough to be shown is not the same as "completely finished," and 2) a month before release is not enough time to have something on the disc. Master submission takes a few weeks and manufacturing+shipping takes a few more.

Fair enough.

I was happy when they included Junpei and Yukari.

Adding in Sho and SHO made the roster bigger and more interesting story wise.

Adding Rise and Ken SHOCKED me as I was not expecting either of them to be part of the fighting cast.

Now the new addition, while not completely out of nowhere like Rise was, surprised me as I assumed they would only be story relevant and not playable. I am glad they are playable though.

If they add
Makoto/Minato
, again I expect it will be a good addition to the line up in terms of playable characters but for the story, I wont be too pleased about it.
MAJOR P3 SPOILERS
He's dead/a seal for a reason, just his rescue alone has the potential to be its own game, not just tacked on to P4U2.

If they add
Makoto/Minato
, again I expect it will be a good addition to the line up in terms of playable characters but for the story, I wont be too pleased about it.
MAJOR P3 SPOILERS
He's dead/a seal for a reason, just his rescue alone has the potential to be its own game, not just tacked on to P4U2.

Isn't Elizabeths whole inclusion into P4A about rescuing him?

FluxWaveZ

She said it could take ages, which is why she went after Aigis.

Not to get into this whole thing again, but
she also said it might not happen at all. It'd be funny if P4AU just slapped Liz back down to reality with the fact that her goal won't be happening.

Anyways, I'm just a big "no" to that stuff happening in the main series. Don't really care if it's resolved here, in its own dedicated spin-off or whatever else.

DNAbro

Playing through Golden again and I have to say I absolutely love the part after New Years where you visit all of your social links. When I first played it and snowflakes started playing that was the moment it was cemented as one of my absolute favorite games.

CorvoSol

Playing through Golden again and I have to say I absolutely love the part after New Years where you visit all of your social links. When I first played it and snowflakes started playing that was the moment it was cemented as one of my absolute favorite games.

Same. I mean, I was in love before that, but Snowflakes just really sealed it.

Watching the new intro and hearing shadow world is what made me realise how much I loved the original. As great as Golden is. It never had the same effect.

In hindsight its probably why I love that song so much

In the character select screen picture, the left side appears to be all static too. If you look at the bottom left of the "BGM" box, directly beside the "Information box", you can barely make out a little bit of static. As much as I hate to say it, the roster may final. I can only hope otherwise though.

FluxWaveZ

In the character select screen picture, the left side appears to be all static too. If you look at the bottom left of the "BGM" box, directly beside the "Information box", you can barely make out a little bit of static. As much as I hate to say it, the roster may final. I can only hope otherwise though.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but it's a bit hard to tell because of the obstructions. Still, you're right, I had spotted just a bit of what seems to be static.

I'm leaning towards the roster being final, but we'll know for sure once we get a better look at the menu and, mainly, once the website is updated. If new P4AU character is added and the "Coming Soon" icon is still there, I think the meaning of that will be just like the last time. Though, I have a feeling tomorrow's update would just update the character with a silhouette slot at most, like it did with Ken/Koromaru the last time, so I don't even know if that'd be an indication until they're really added to the character page.

Sophia

Whoa, new theme song in that video Spectrasonic.

Yukari's english title is "The Unsightly Pink Sniper" and Junpei's english title is "The Mighty Strike Out Slugger"

Personaless Sho has "The Rule-Smashing Pun Machine" and PerSHOna has "The Scar Faced Dark Messiah."

FluxWaveZ

IGN had a video preview of the English version of Ultimax. We get to hear Sho's English voice acting! He also confirms 6 new characters, do I guess that's it.

http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/06/04/persona-4-arena-ultimax-video-preview

The main theme with added lyrics is pretty hype. That console intro looks pretty hype, too.

And yeah, 6 new characters, so that's basically a confirmation. Guess we won't be seeing him, heh. I'm all too happy with the roster, so I'm fine with that. Sho's voice might take a bit of getting used to.

FluxWaveZ

Is it me or does Yukari have a new VA? Her lines at the last few seconds of the video sound much different.

About to watch through more of the video, but Michelle Ruff had specifically confirmed that she was to be the voice in future Persona projects, so that couldn't be right...

Edit: Heh, not totally English footage 'cause of the "Aegis."

The main theme with added lyrics is pretty hype. That console intro looks pretty hype, too.

And yeah, 6 new characters, so that's basically a confirmation. Guess we won't be seeing him, heh. I'm all too happy with the roster, so I'm fine with that. Sho's voice might take a bit of getting used to.

Ah well, I'll still hold out a little hope for him. Also I agree on Sho. Sho sounds like Junpei to me, and PerSHOna sounds...generic honestly.

Is it me or does Yukari have a new VA? Her lines at the last few seconds of the video sound much different.

I don't know, that sounds like Michelle Ruff to me.

CorvoSol

Watching the new intro and hearing shadow world is what made me realise how much I loved the original. As great as Golden is. It never had the same effect.

In hindsight its probably why I love that song so much

So Golden was my first time through P4, and so I actually like Shadow World and the Golden opening more. A lot of Golden's new content is part of what sold me on the game, haha. I know I'm in the minority on that, but I'll live.

1. Yukari
2. Junpei
3. Rise
4. Ken/Koromaru
5. Sho
6. Minazuki

7. (P4 SPOILER)
Adachi

So... what's keeping them from doing additional DLC characters?

1. Yukari
2. Junpei
3. Rise
4. Ken/Koromaru
5. Sho
6. Minazuki

7. (P4 SPOILER)
Adachi

So... what's keeping them from doing additional DLC characters?
Well, faith restored then I guess haha.

After watching the video again,that is almost for sure Vic voicing Sho.
I have a feeling that might stay unedited, seeing as there were cases of "Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena" and "Kuma" throughout the first game. Remember the opening?
Yeah the announcer calls Teddie Kuma if I remember correctly.

Sophia

About to watch through more of the video, but Michelle Ruff had specifically confirmed that she was to be the voice in future Persona projects, so that couldn't be right...

Edit: Heh, not totally English footage 'cause of the "Aegis."

I have a feeling that might stay unedited, seeing as there were cases of "Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena" and "Kuma" throughout the first game. Remember the opening?

kewlmyc

IGN had a video preview of the English version of Ultimax. We get to hear Sho's English voice acting! He also confirms 6 new characters, do I guess that's it.

http://m.ign.com/videos/2014/06/04/persona-4-arena-ultimax-video-preview

Stupid public transit. I'm stuck in traffic over here, I'm trying to make my way back home as quick as possible to watch this lol.
But to those who are saying that Sho needs some getting used to, what's with that? I can deal with an accent (worked amazingly well for Labrys).

But we already knew there were 6 characters. Yukari, Junpei, Sho, SHO, Ken, and Rise. So they're clearly not counting DLC characters like the one we just got today.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch, damn.

Of course. I think people had hoped for more launch day characters, or
Makoto
being unlocked after beating the story.

Acid08

Banned
So Golden was my first time through P4, and so I actually like Shadow World and the Golden opening more. A lot of Golden's new content is part of what sold me on the game, haha. I know I'm in the minority on that, but I'll live.
First one is always special. That's why I love P3 so much.

Also, I noticed that this video confirms the "Sho" (no Persona) and "Minazuki" (with Persona) naming convention that was mentioned here before by Nich. I'm glad, 'cause Sho and SHO was getting a little silly.

EDIT:

The versus screen still says "Sho Minazuki" for Minazuki, but during the fight it either says "Sho" or "Minazuki" underneath the character's insult-title.

Did I hear Lotus Juice in the P4U2 theme? AWWWWWW YEAH SON!

Been listening to some of his songs a lot recently, mainly Mass Destruction (Lotus Juice Remix), Fate is in our Hands and Overdrive (not persona, jojo, but still).

Dude makes good music, hope he comes back in P5 in some aspect, as good as P4s music is missing him took away something, glad they brought him back for the animation though.

Sophia

Did I hear Lotus Juice in the P4U2 theme? AWWWWWW YEAH SON!

Been listening to some of his songs a lot recently, mainly Mass Destruction (Lotus Juice Remix), Fate is in our Hands and Overdrive (not persona, jojo, but still).

Dude makes good music, hope he comes back in P5 in some aspect, as good as P4s music is missing him took away something, glad they brought him back for the animation though.

You did indeed hear Lotus Juice, and that song makes me hyped!

CorvoSol

First one is always special. That's why I love P3 so much.

I think this is very true. Which is why I appreciate Buddha's love for P2, even if that like, isn't his first Persona. Cuz like, I love FF4 even though people have pointed out the game's numerous flaws to me. FF4 was like, the second FF I ever played, though, so Cecil is always gonna be my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom