• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

Just spoke to Yu Namba of Atlus USA. He was kind enough to send me a sample of the US and European cover for Ultimax.

4nIXIBe.png
Are you sure that's finalized? I think everyone still needs their angry Kirby eyebrows, on top of a McDonald's-induced belly Photoshopped on.
>Michel
>Not Eikichi

Inb4
>using greentext on NeoGAF
>>/out/

CorvoSol

Man, imagine if there was reversible cover art, or an LE cover art or whatever that had the Shadow version of the standard box art? I'd love that, heh.

That'd be really cool, like how Dissidia came with a reversible cover that had the villains instead of the heroes.

FluxWaveZ

Might as well post it here since pan-hime didn't, and it's something I am thinking about even though it's likely meaningless:

I2jGCjU.jpg

That's the whois lookup result for persona5.jp, indicating that it was updated last evening in Japan (this morning for most of us). Domain expires later this month, so it could be something just related to that or some other database related stuff (I'm not familiar with how often this site has been updated), but yeah.

I remember in July 2013 when Dantis discovered that the persona5 domain was registered, which actually turned out to mean something. Good times.

Nah, it's fine. I'm just joshin' ya XD

Have at it dude.

Might as well post it here since pan-hime didn't, and it's something I am thinking about even though it's likely meaningless:

That's the whois lookup result for persona5.jp, indicating that it was updated last evening in Japan (this morning for most of us). Domain expires later this month, so it could be something just related to that or some other database related stuff (I'm not familiar with how often this site has been updated), but yeah.

I remember in July 2013 when Dantis discovered that the persona5 domain was registered, which actually turned out to mean something. Good times.

The next few months are gonna be full of hype. Good times to be a Persona fan.

Squire

Banned

I2jGCjU.jpg

I'm kinda surprised that's not something you're keeping tabs on.

Sophia

I2jGCjU.jpg

Persona 5 incoming at E3. First gameplay footage shown. Minds blown. Game of the show. Awards everywhere. Releasing this year!

I imagine they probably just updated the copyright info or links or something and it's nothing important

Caladrius

Persona 5 incoming at E3. First gameplay footage shown. Minds blown. Game of the show. Awards everywhere. Releasing this year!

I imagine they probably just updated the copyright info or links or something and it's nothing important

No.

We're skipping Persona 5 and going straight to Persona 6.

pan-hime

I2jGCjU.jpg

As mentioned, first update in 6-7 months, just a registrant change from Index Corp to that.

FluxWaveZ

As mentioned, first update in 6-7 months, just a registrant change from Index Corp to that.

Ah, so that's what it is; about what I expected (and which Sophia mentioned). I was surprised upon, checking, though—unfamiliar with database renewal processes—that there are only a few weeks until the site expires. Maybe it's not properly reflected on whois or something.

FluxWaveZ

The IT sure has picked up a lot of extra sub honorary members hasn't it? I mean, Labrys, Marie, and now these two from PQ.

Labrys is definitely a SEES/Shadow Ops rep. I guess there's Marie, but wouldn't really call her an IT rep. since she's pretty much outside of it and is more just part of the Velvet Room.

Dunno about Zen and Rei.

Sophia

Ah, so that's what it is; about what I expected (and which Sophia mentioned). I was surprised upon, checking, though—unfamiliar with database renewal processes—that there are only a few weeks until the site expires. Maybe it's not properly reflected on whois or something.

Aww yeah, I called it! :p

Labrys is definitely a SEES/Shadow Ops rep. I guess there's Marie, but wouldn't really call her an IT rep. since she's pretty much outside of it and is more just part of the Velvet Room.

Dunno about Zen and Rei.

Yeah, Labrys is definitely counted among the Persona 3 crew. All the promotional artwork has had her on the same side as Aigis unless they're fighting each other.

Soriku

EE7OvF8.png

Why does Atlus make goofy happy faces for Kanji. Like he looks completely different from the rest of the character in those avatars, save Junpei. And he's one of the most serious characters. His face on the P4G boxart looks kinda goofy too.

Because they turned Kanji into a goofy caricature in P4A1 (worse than the rest of the P4 cast, anyway). I imagine Junpei will suffer the same fate and be the "idiot" member of the P3 team.

Would anyone here like some PQ track rips? I ripped the FOE battle theme, and first dungeon theme, as well as title screen theme? I'll post them to YT later if anyone's interested.

Caladrius

Holy crap my 1-year NeoGAF anniversary was yesterday. (I started posting on July 27th, but June 5th is when I signed up). Huzzah.

EE7OvF8.png

Why does Atlus make goofy happy faces for Kanji. Like he looks completely different from the rest of the character in those avatars, save Junpei. And he's one of the most serious characters. His face on the P4G boxart looks kinda goofy too.

Comic relief.

Meia

Yeah, Labrys is definitely counted among the Persona 3 crew. All the promotional artwork has had her on the same side as Aigis unless they're fighting each other.

I really do think this is a mistake. Her whole path for everyone else in the P4A story is a straight up P4 story(shadow confrontation, acceptance, etc). This was so a good way to have a toaster in both groups. I'm disappointed.

Sophia

Would anyone here like some PQ track rips? I ripped the FOE battle theme, and first dungeon theme, as well as title screen theme? I'll post them to YT later if anyone's interested.

Oh my god, please do!!!

I really do think this is a mistake. Her whole path for everyone else in the P4A story is a straight up P4 story(shadow confrontation, acceptance, etc). This was so a good way to have a toaster in both groups. I'm disappointed.

Her story in the main game may be, but
her backstory is basically all P3 related with not a trace of P4 at all until the very end.

Would make more sense for her to be with her sister, no?

FluxWaveZ

But her entire background and history is straight up P3. Heck, she first appeared in a P3 drama CD. I think it makes sense, like they say in the P4A art book, that she was a good character to connect both games as a "P3 character in P4."

Seems that Sho might be a "P4 character in P3", so we'll see how they work that out.

Also. I remember some people saying that track 4 from the arrange CD sounds like it was arranged by Yuzo Koshiro. It isn't. It is composed by Toshiki Konishi, and arranged by Kenichi Tsuchiya.

CorvoSol

Dunno about Zen and Rei.

Functionally I guess she is, but at the same time Labrys has the Yaso uniform and the plot focuses a lot on helping her fit into the IT.

Maybe IT reps is the wrong term. I'm just trying to come up with a word for bonus Persona 4 Friends but can't really think of one.

As a related note to all this, do we know Zen and Rei's personas yet? I assume their Persona is a 2-in-1 one?

PK Gaming

Absolutely!
Functionally I guess she is, but at the same time Labrys has the Yaso uniform and the plot focuses a lot on helping her fit into the IT.

Maybe IT reps is the wrong term. I'm just trying to come up with a word for bonus Persona 4 Friends but can't really think of one.

As a related note to all this, do we know Zen and Rei's personas yet? I assume their Persona is a 2-in-1 one?

From what i've seen, they have their own list of skills. No personas.

Why do I have the suspicion that we're going to have a big reveal on why they can fight shadows? :p

"No Rei, you are the Persona." "And then Zen was a Shadow."

I think Rei is a shadow in disguise. Why does she eat so much? To quell her hunger for human (and robot) flesh.

Meia

Why do I have the suspicion that we're going to have a big reveal on why they can fight shadows? :p

"No Rei, you are the Persona." "And then Zen was a Shadow."

I pretty much think one of these is definitely the case, especially since the series has already established that a non-persona user can't even damage a shadow. Unless the things they're facing in PQ aren't shadows at all(possible I guess).

And yeah, Labrys has to be with the P3 crew, if for no other reason than I doubt the P4 crew would know how to do maintenance on her. :p

Still, she went through exactly what each member of the cast of P4 did, so I can't help but look at her as a member of that cast really.

Weird. Has there ever been a party member without a Persona in the series?

No, for the reason I said. This was talked about in the Answer on Mitsuru's flashback.

Sophia

I think Rei is a shadow in disguise. Why does she eat so much? To quell her hunger for human (and robot) flesh.

My crazy theory on this:

Zen is a Yasogami student who has connections to the Labyrinth, and the Labyrinth is a creation of the Midnight Channel from some time in the distance past. Rei's a shadow connected to Zen but gained her own identity. I suspect the Velvet Room siblings are somehow related too.

I pretty much think one of these is definitely the case, especially since the series has already established that a non-persona user can't even damage a shadow. Unless the things they're facing in PQ aren't shadows at all(possible I guess).

The enemies in PQ are indeed Shadows.

FluxWaveZ

Hm, when was this mentioned? I feel like you're confusing Jojo's or something with this, because I can't quite recall this being said and Sho can damage Shadows without a Persona.

No, for the reason I said. This was talked about in the Answer on Mitsuru's flashback.

I see; I'll have to watch that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom