• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gbraga

He just talks with whoever is on the chat. I'm usually there and we always talk about a bunch of stuff. Last night he made one and we talked about tomorrow's show in Argentina (because I'm gonna be there :D), and we also talked a little bit about the Persona Q soundtrack and about Kitajoh's style.

That's awesome, do you know if he's coming to Brazil?

BTW, just saw on his twitter that they FINALLY announced Persona Music FES on blu-ray! Now we wait for that play-asia pre-order.

Waiting...

:)

Lemstar

Regarding Yu Namba and the P4U2 preview stream next week

https://twitter.com/UltraChenTV/status/475120321830617088
2013-11-17-ama.jpg

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Didn't see this posted, but the third Persona 3 movie will be called Falling Down. As expected, there was a stinger at the end of the credits
where Ryoji makes an appearance.

Unless you bought it physically, just cancel the order if that's cheaper?

Super can't wait for the Midsummer Knight's Dream to get subbed.

I just got back home from buying a stick a couple of min ago and that was the first thing I saw XD I'll probably take this one back if the Madcatz one is pc compatible

Oh and thanks for the heads up Lem!

FluxWaveZ

Wait really? When does the second movie end?

There shouldn't be anything surprising about that. If they're doing 3 months per movie, then the second movie finishes approximately in September and that character appears in November, which the third movie would cover in addition to October and December.

Sophia

Super can't wait for the Midsummer Knight's Dream to get subbed.

I just got back home from buying a stick a couple of min ago and that was the first thing I saw XD I'll probably take this one back if the Madcatz one is pc compatible

Both should be PC compatible. The 360 one obviously functions as a 360 controller, and my own MadCatz stick (which isn't that model) is for the PS3 and functions as a DirectInput controller on the PC.

There shouldn't be anything surprising about that. If they're doing 3 months per movie, then the second movie finishes approximately in September and that character appears in November, which the third movie would cover in addition to October and December.

If they're really doing five movies (which I'm starting to doubt now...), then I wonder what they intend to add to stretch it out. The fifth movie sounds like it'd be Episode Aegis, which would leave two movies to do the ending?

kewlmyc

I always assumed that the third movie would end with the Ikutsuki betrayal, since that would seem like a good stopping point, but I was just guessing. It was also why I was asking when the second movie ended so I could see what kind of pace they were going for. However I doubt anyone here would know considering it was released only a few hours ago in Japan.

So did they cancel the trilogy idea?

I don't think it was ever confirmed for a trilogy. The most concrete thing so far is that there's a card that comes with the first BD release of P3 that has 5 places to put stamps for 5 different releases and if you get all 5 stamped you get some sort of gift. But even that is starting to get doubtful. I can only see 5 movies if they animate the Answer.

FluxWaveZ

If they're really doing five movies (which I'm starting to doubt now...), then I wonder what they intend to add to stretch it out. The fifth movie sounds like it'd be Episode Aegis, which would leave two movies to do the ending?

Sure.

P3M #1 (Spring of Birth): April, May, June
P3M #2 (Midsummer Knight's Dream): July, August, September
P3M #3 (Fall): October, November, December
P3M #4 (Winter): January, February, March
P3M #5: The Answer

If anything, this is basically confirmation for me that they're at least covering The Journey in 4 movies. There's no way they're ending it with movie #3, but that long stretch of time between when
all of the Major Arcana Shadows are defeated and the story picks up again
in-game can be easily condensed in a movie format, thus leading to the conclusion that is movie #4. There was evidence that there are 5 movies, and The Answer is relevant in terms of story significance, so that could easily be its own movie.

I always assumed that the third movie would end with the Ikutsuki betrayal, since that would seem like a good stopping point, but I was just guessing. It was also why I was asking when the second movie ended so I could see what kind of pace they were going for. However I doubt anyone here would know considering it was released only a few hours ago in Japan.

Oh, you're right.
The preview trailers seemed to indicate that the Ikutsuki betrayal would be covered, which happens in November. That means my suggestive list is mostly wrong, but they can probably fit it for 5 movies anyways?

Sure.

If anything, this is basically confirmation for me that they're at least covering The Journey in 4 movies. There's no way they're ending it with movie #3, but that long stretch of time between when
in-game can be easily condensed in a movie format, thus leading to the conclusion that is movie #4. There was evidence that there are 5 movies, and The Answer is relevant in terms of story significance, so that could easily be its own movie.

Oh, you're right.
The preview trailers seemed to indicate that the Ikutsuki betrayal would be covered, which happens in November. That means my suggestive list is mostly wrong, but they can probably fit it for 5 movies anyways?
I wonder if they would even cover February in the movies. I can't imagine anything significant happens.
No one remembers each other during that time do they?

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
I wonder if they would even cover February in the movies. I can't imagine anything significant happens.

That would be a great opportunity to introduce new content though I guess.

What I really want to see is
Makoto's funeral or at least SEES's(and other social links) reaction to his death. Seems like it'd be a really cool event to see based on what was mentioned in the Answer

FluxWaveZ

That's a very important moment; I could not see them skipping that. It could definitely be a good way of further emphasizing the events we did not see in-game.

kewlmyc

Sure.

Oh, you're right.

The preview trailers for the second movie? None of the trailers to me seem to have pointed to that. All the trailers have shown up to the chariot battle so far, making me originally think that they would end it there or with Shinjiro joining the team. So then I thought the 3rd would cover to the betrayal and the 4th would wrap up the Journey. All of that was speculation though. I'll have to wait for a tumblr review or something.

That's a very important moment; I could not see them skipping that.

The game skipped February as well. Nothing the movie can't skip over as well.

That's a very important moment; I could not see them skipping that.

Oh, I mean I know it's important, but I wonder what they would cover during that time.
In the game it seems like everyone just goes on with their lives until graduation. The game also skips right through it to March.

FluxWaveZ

The preview trailers for the second movie? None of the trailers to me seem to have pointed to that. All the trailers have shown up to the chariot battle so far, making me originally think that they would end it there or with Shinjiro joining the team. So then I thought the 3rd would cover to the betrayal and the 4th would wrap up the Journey. All of that was speculation though. I'll have to wait for a tumblr review or something.

I'd have to go back and watch, but a part of the #2 preview trailers that comes to mind is when
Makoto tells Aigis to stop as thought he's in a lot of pain.
If that isn't the case, though, then my list could work after all. Yeah, we'll know for sure when we get the actual info.

Edit: Oh, I see I misread "third movie" for "second movie" in your original comment. That would have seemed too late, to me.

Oh, I mean I know it's important, but I wonder what they would cover during that time.
In the game it seems like everyone just goes on with their lives until graduation. The game also skips right through it to March.

Yeah,
I remembered that the game also skips February. Still, I think it would be a great way to add further context concerning what was happening during that time, but if it's not necessary then just doing March would be good.

I'd have to go back and watch, but a part of the #2 preview trailers that comes to mind is when
Makoto tells Aigis to stop as thought he's in a lot of pain.
If that isn't the case, though, then my list could work after all. Yeah, we'll know for sure when we get the actual info.

Edit: Oh, I see I misread "third movie" for "second movie" in your original comment. That would have seemed too late, to me.

Yeah,
I remembered that the game also skips February. Still, I think it would be a great way to add further context concerning what was happening during that time, but if it's not necessary than just doing March would be good.

I agree, if they cover it I'm sure they'll add some nice scenes to show
Makoto and Aigis dealing with the fact that they remember everything, while everyone else is oblivious.

Lemstar

Whatever you settle on, make sure you actually spend time using it. It'll take a while to get used to, and you definitely want to get all of that prep work out of the way before the game you want to play comes out.

Whatever you settle on, make sure you actually spend time using it. It'll take a while to get used to, and you definitely want to get all of that prep work out of the way before the game you want to play comes out.
Is a fighting pad better than the DS3? P4A is like the first fighting I have taken seriously, and I use the controller in it. I've been thinking about getting one.

And now it's a waiting game until the day that we see subs on movie #2... Oh well, we are gonna have plenty of persona games to fill that void this year alone aha!

Swedesu

Is a fighting pad better than the DS3? P4A is like the first fighting I have taken seriously, and I use the controller in it. I've been thinking about getting one.

I'd say go for it. Got myself a stick a few months back and comparing it to any regular controller is like night and day, it's so much easier to do what you want to do in the game.

So if you have the money and the interest it is totally worth getting one.

Yup what he said ^ I believe the sub for movie #1 even came out on the same day as the movie release over there in blu-Ray. I don't know if it's already been confirmed for November but that sounds believable to me.

You know, I always thought that the third movie would end when
Ryoji tells them about Nyx and all that stuff. Something like "Oh, you're all going to die and you have one month to decide if you want to kill me or not" *roll credits*. I don't remember the exact date of that event, but it is at the end of November/start of December, right?

I guess we'll have to wait a few days to have some reviews for the second movie, right? I can't wait for the BD/DVD

I ACTUALLY SAW IT!!!!!!!:

Whoa man, that's awesome! How was it?

How was it, how would you rate it? The events that should be in this one are much more interesting than than the ones on #1 so there's that :p
Also, I must know:
beach scene?
LOL.

Young Magus

Lucky! I must know, at what point does the movie end?

If you really want to know:
Shinjis Funeral
The next trailer was
Rouji standing at the bridge and the title for the next movie is Falling Down

How was it, how would you rate it? The events that should be in this one are much more interesting than than the ones on #1 so there's that :p
Also, I must know:
beach scene?
LOL.

It was really really good! The fights were really well animated and the fleshed more out of certain events while changing a few things. Like
the night beach scene at night during the trip and the summer festival.
Also in regarding to your spoiler:
Beach scene has a nice cameo and sorta cameos there they also give Makoto a water gun to make him the leader.

I hate you.

Was it awesome?

More importantly, was Aigis awesome?

Aigis was 5ballin8me,
Especially her orgia mode and in her fighting debut

OK hype levels are over 9000 now. Goddammit so much Persona hype, the movie, the games... One would think that their quality would drop. As a long time fan I'm surprised that I haven't gone through a franchise fatigue yet. Atlus has got me by my pockets.

If you really want to know:
Shinjis Funeral
The next trailer was
Rouji standing at the bridge and the title for the next movie is Falling Down

I knew it! I knew it was going to end there! Now I'm even more excited! I'm ready to cry with that movie.

Meia

There's a LOT of content from where that 2nd movie leaves off to the end of the overall journey, so I can easily see 2 more movies from that. Well, if they pace accordingly, since I'd be really worried about them rushing everything with the end of the journey just in movie 2.

I mean, think about it, if that's the note the second movie ends on, you have:

- Last Full Moon fight with Strega
- Ryoji's first appearance(probably need to devote some time to him just as a character)
- Ikutsuki's betrayal
- class trip to Kyoto
- Chidori's death
- Aigis/Ryoji bridge revelation
- Ryoji giving an exposition dump about what's really gone on
- Everyone coming to grips and making a decision about what they should do
- The decision
- New Year's day
- Chidori's revival(I'm hoping dammit :p )
- Final confrontation with Strega
- Final confrontation with Nyx
- fallout from it
- graduation

I cannot see them skipping much if any of these, so yeah. Fitting all that into one movie would just serve to piss me off. :p

Personally, I'd hope the cutoff point for movie 3 would be the December full moon.

And also I have to ask this question: Is the movie leaning to a pairing at all, or is it just Makoto acting like an actual human? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom