• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Style

Banned
D'oh. I know, but still stings somewhat haha. And how come? The game isn't all that long, all things considered, plus it's on a handheld, which means you can pick it up and play anywhere...

Other games came in the way. I tried playing it for a short while... Might pick it up soon again.

PK Gaming

Easily added them? PK already said why it wouldn't be "easy" to add those characters. PQ is a celebration of P3 and P4, not the entire series.

Honestly, the old games are done. They are what they are and will always be there for you to play. How many more sales would they get by putting in the extra time and money for those older characters? Gonna take a guess and say not enough for Atlus to consider putting them in.

Comparing Persona's legacy to FF's legacy is crazy too. There's no way P1 and P2 have the kind of fan reverence that the older FF games do. The scope of those games is totally different too, they're not trying to accomplish the same things.

This

Especially the bolded

This is interesting, the URL to the P4AU DLC character cards is:

http://cdn.p-atlus.jp/p4u2/cdn/img/special/dlccard01/vsl01.png

vsl01.png

DLC card 01, hopefully that means more characters in the future.

FluxWaveZ

This is interesting, the URL to the P4AU DLC character cards is:

http://cdn.p-atlus.jp/p4u2/cdn/img/special/dlccard01/vsl01.png

vsl01.png

DLC card 01, hopefully that means more characters in the future.

I don't understand what you mean. We already know that there are 37 different cards.

Edit: Never mind, I think I got it. The bolded part would theoretically pertain to the DLC number it is related to, while the second part would pertain to the actual image URL on the site.

I dunno, it'd be weird if they were to make a whole other set of DLC cards for a second unknown piece of DLC (unless they were the same illustrations, but just for other DLC), and it could also be related to something other than another character, like for the P4U episode or whatever else? The PNP images also denote package01, but it's equally uncertain if they'll actually introduce another LE. Interesting, nonetheless.

Easily added them? PK already said why it wouldn't be "easy" to add those characters. PQ is a celebration of P3 and P4, not the entire series.

Honestly, the old games are done. They are what they are and will always be there for you to play. How many more sales would they get by putting in the extra time and money for those older characters? Gonna take a guess and say not enough for Atlus to consider putting them in.

Comparing Persona's legacy to FF's legacy is crazy too. There's no way P1 and P2 have the kind of fan reverence that the older FF games do. The scope of those games is totally different too, they're not trying to accomplish the same things.

I still and will stand behind that Persona Q should of been a celebration of the whole franchise, and not just P3/P4. I'm not going to argue about this anyone, because we'd just would be going around in circles about this.

PK Gaming

I still and will stand behind that Persona Q should of been a celebration of the whole franchise, and not just P3/P4. I'm not going to argue about this anyone, because we'd just would be going around in circles about this.

And that's perfectly fine, nobody is faulting you for feeling that way

Just don't go around pointlessly deriding Atlus for doing something you didn't want them to do.

From the beginning though it's been P3 and P4 though. Not all of them.

Really one of the fighting games would probably be more likely (though still not likely) to see P1 or P2 characters in. And I think it would be a lot cooler to potentially see them in some sort of Persona All-Stars fighting game than Persona Q.

Acid08

Banned
Persona 3: Revenge of the Waifus

Buddha plz

The best parts of the prequels were General Grievous and shirtless Hayden Christiansen.

Aw man Grievous was lame as fuck though! When I was a teenager I thought the four lightsabers were ~*badass*~ but he goes down like a damn punk after his whole 15 minutes of screen time.

You have taken us to a dark, terrible place Buddha. Say what you want about the first three Persona games, but you don't get to say that Attack of the Clones was good in any way, shape or form.

I MEANT TO SAY THE OLD ONES ARE BETTER THAN THE NEW ONES BUT I WENT FULL STUPID AND RUINED IT BUT IM GONNA STICK TO MY GUNS NOW

Caladrius

Aw man Grievous was lame as fuck though! When I was a teenager I thought the four lightsabers were ~*badass*~ but he goes down like a damn punk after his whole 15 minutes of screen time.

He's much, much better in the expanded universe. His debut in the Clone Wars (The Tartakovsky version) is amazing.

Pappy Lucas derailed him into the cowardly putz you saw onscreen.

FluxWaveZ

If Ultimax isn't region locked, is Play Asia a good site to import from?

I'm probably going to go with Amazon Japan for P4AU and P4D. I've gone with Play-Asia before, and I oftentimes get screwed over by customs. It's always gone smoothly when I've gone with Amazon Japan for imports, and I still got what I needed day 1.

CorvoSol

He's much, much better in the expanded universe. His debut in the Clone Wars (The Tartakovsky version) is amazing.

Pappy Lucas derailed him into the cowardly putz you saw onscreen.

Grievous in the Tartakovsky cartoon was so fucking awesome.

WBIgaKI.jpg

A man after Corvo's heart

r4J2tv2.jpg

I swear to you the guy on the right is the guy from Unsolved Mysteries.

Also train models are fucking rad. Especially really detailed ones.

Caladrius

Darth Lucas said the Expanded Universe doesn't exist though

No, that was the new franchise management people.

I'm going to write a Grievous fanfic trilogy where he's brought back to life, blows up the entirety of Coruscant and becomes the new galactic emperor.

Grievous in the Tartakovsky cartoon was so fucking awesome.

I heard there was an episode from the newer Clone Wars that does him more justice, but I've never actually seen it.

Where you ordering to? If it's a country that has customs I would recommend buying from here: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/japanese-video-games-playstation-3/7414-ps3-persona-4-the-ultimax-ultra-suplex-hold.html. If not Play Asia and this site works either way.

Actually does Ultimax have English voices and text?

I'm in the US, and yeah I believe Ultimax is dual audio and text.

I'm probably going to go with Amazon Japan for P4AU and P4D. I've gone with Play-Asia before, and I oftentimes get screwed over by customs. It's always gone smoothly when I've gone with Amazon Japan for imports, and I still got what I needed day 1.
I didn't even think of them, that'll probably be who i go with then.

You do know how to get Japanese PSN games, though, right? You'll need a Japanese PSN card.

Yeah I know I'll need to do that. As long as I can run it on the same memory card as my US PSN account I might go with that option (assuming I decide to get it and not wait for the English release)

Squire

Banned
Could you not:

Download on PS3 from your JP account

Switch to your NA account .

Transfer from your PS3 with your NA account to your Vita with your NA account?

Lemstar

You do know how to get Japanese PSN games, though, right? You'll need a Japanese PSN card.
Everything is cheaper in Hong Kong.

Outside of actually getting it on release day, I think the most compelling reason for going digital is that it's way cheaper if you have people to share it with.

Could you not:

No. I think you need to be logged in on the same account that owns the item being transferred on both systems, from what I recall trying to get FF7 on my Vita.

Caladrius

Could you not:

No. I tried that and it spat out a message that the game needed to belong to the same User as the Vita. The game is considered "Owned" by what account it was purchased on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom