• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

My advice is, if you prefer story and presentation over gameplay, and are going to play the male protagonist anyway, play P3FES. If you prefer better gameplay, and are going to play the female protagonist for sure, play P3P.

was this supposed to go into the Golden thread in discussion?

Caladrius

Persona 5 needs to be about social linking with metalheads.

Every social link has to do with whether or not they hate Deathcore or Crunkcore more.

Are minor PQ spoilers allowed as long as they're tagged, or is their a separate thread for them?

I'm on the second labyrinth, and like in April's PSC, an announcer is asking questions. So far, I've been asked if I am the easy going type, or if I like being indoors or outdoors.
Game is still challenging, too. Really enjoying the focus on fusing, grinding, and using money wisely. I hope P5 is like this.

My hopes for E3:

P4AU:
  • Reveal new game modes. There's five empty boxes in the website's 'Modes' section.
  • Gameplay of new characters
  • Preorder bonuses for NA edition revealed
P4DaN:
  • Reveal more of plot
  • Any type of gameplay
  • Yu and Yosuke slow dancing together
  • More smiles that are megidolaon cute
PQ:
  • Show some scenes in English
  • Nothing else really. Pretty much know everything I want to know.
P5:
  • ANYTHING PLEASE ATLUS PLEASE

My hopes for E3:

P4AU:
  • Reveal new game modes. There's five empty boxes in the wesbite's 'Modes' section.
  • Gameplay of new characters
  • Preorder bonuses for NA edition revealed
P4DaN:
  • Reveal more of plot
  • Any type of gameplay
  • Yu and Yosuke slow dancing together
PQ:
  • Show some scenes in English
  • Nothing else really.Pretty much know everything I want to know.

In the ATLUS Faithful email from last week, they said they would be showing P4AU and PQ in English, and it'd be available on YouTube on Tuesday, or something similar to that.

They didn't specify English or Youtube, but yeah.

Yep. Which is why I said it was something like that. Logically, though, I would assume since it's Atlus USA and the translation must be far along since voice recordings are done for P4AU and nearly done for PQ, that we'd be seeing English trailers uploaded to YouTube on Tuesday. What do you think?

My hopes for E3 :

Atlus uses the word Europe in a sentence that isnt "Fuck Europe".

P4D has some gameplay, I dont mind who it is but some other character models would be nice too.

Ultimax shows off Golden Arena mode, Pepsiman did a great job subbing the trailer but it was a lot to take in in a few minutes. A demo of it would be nice.

PQ gets an American trailer and hopefully a release date. The music alone has convinced me I need this game, imported or otherwise.

FluxWaveZ

My hopes for E3:

Most of that sounds likely, except for showing off new P4AU game modes. Golden Arena Mode would be "new" for the NA audience, so I'm sure they'd focus more on that than anything.

Here is what I expect:

P4AU
- NA release date
- NA pre-order info (not sure about LE info)
- New console English gameplay footage (both from UltraChen TV and E3 show floor)
- New English trailer(s)

PQ
- NA release date
- Maybe NA pre-order info
- New English trailer(s)
- Maybe new gameplay footage via show floor

P4D
- New footage that may or may not be in English
- May or may not be playable
- New trailer

P5
- Short trailer shown at Sony press conference

Yep. Which is why I said it was something like that. Logically, though, I would assume since it's Atlus USA and the translation must be far along since voice recordings are done for P4AU and nearly done for PQ, that we'd be seeing English trailers uploaded to YouTube on Tuesday. What do you think?

That sounds about right, though have they said that (English) voice recordings have been completed for P4AU? I submitted the question to UltraChenTV for Yu Namba to potentially answer.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Yes yes yes! :D

best-friends-always-stick-together.jpg

=)

Most of that sounds likely, except for showing off new P4AU game modes. Golden Arena Mode would be "new" for the NA audience, so I'm sure they'd focus more on that than anything.

Here is what I expect:

P4AU
- NA release date
- NA pre-order info (not sure about LE info)
- New console English gameplay footage (both from UltraChen TV and E3 show floor)
- New English trailer(s)

PQ
- NA release date
- Maybe NA pre-order info
- New English trailer(s)
- Maybe new gameplay footage via show floor

P4D
- New footage that may or may not be in English
- May or may not be playable
- New trailer

P5
- Short trailer shown at Sony press conference

I expect all of this. With P5, they'd probably keep it secret as the "one more thing" kind've surprise, and I imagine it'd show scenes in a certain angle, as to not reveal too much of the characters and give the element of surprise.

LX_Theo

Banned
I expect all of this. With P5, they'd probably keep it secret as the "one more thing" kind've surprise, and I imagine it'd show scenes in a certain angle, as to not reveal too much of the characters and give the element of surprise.

Persona really isn't big enough for them to warrant it as the one more type of surprise. Especially since its on PS3. If there's a trailer, it'll be in the section where they're talking about how the PS3 is still getting support earlier on in the conference.

DNAbro

Persona really isn't big enough for them to warrant it as the one more type of surprise. Especially since its on PS3. If there's a trailer, it'll be in the section where they're talking about how the PS3 is still getting support earlier on in the conference.

this is what im hoping for.

This is probably more likely, yeah.

MAYBE if P5 was a PS4 game, since it could use more exclusives. Persona is not popular enough to make an appearance though. Hell, I doubt we'll see a single PS3 or X360 game trailer at E3.

arue

I really doubt Persona 5 will be on E3; TGS 2014 would be more belivable. But Atlus hasn't attended the last 2 TGS, so there is no saying that they will attend this year's TGS either.

At this point I'm not expecting any P5 news until P4D is almost released, it will be like how P4AU news start popping up right before PQ's release.

FluxWaveZ

MAYBE if P5 was a PS4 game, since it could use more exclusives. Persona is not popular enough to make an appearance though. Hell, I doubt we'll see a single PS3 or X360 game trailer at E3.

There will definitely be a handful during E3. Like a new Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix trailer, a new Persona 4 Arena Ultimax trailer, etc. If you mean during a press conference, they might still show some to emphasize the continuing PS3 legacy.

At this point I'm not expecting any P5 news until P4D is almost released, it will be like how P4AU news start popping up right before PQ's release.

They're not (that) crazy. P4D launches in October at the earliest, and if P5 is a 2014 game (it might be a 2015 game in Japan, but 2014 is more likely), that would leave them 2 months to publicize it.

LX_Theo

Banned

Sony has a tendency to make sure they give time to all their systems they are supporting in their conference. PS3 will get a trailer or two, and a montage.

Mind those who are hoping for a P5 trailer... If there is one, it'll probably just be the English version of the reveal trailer. Good chance it'll end up with a 5 second but part in the inevitable montage.

Setsu00

My hopes for E3 :

Atlus uses the word Europe in a sentence that isnt "Fuck Europe".

P4D has some gameplay, I dont mind who it is but some other character models would be nice too.

Ultimax shows off Golden Arena mode, Pepsiman did a great job subbing the trailer but it was a lot to take in in a few minutes. A demo of it would be nice.

PQ gets an American trailer and hopefully a release date. The music alone has convinced me I need this game, imported or otherwise.

I'm actually terrified that someone at Atlus USA is screaming "Fuck Europe" because they have to ship that poster from the contest to Europe.

There's actually just one thing that I want from E3 this year: A confirmation (or rather, denial) of a region lock concerning Ultimax. Other than that, announcing PQ for Europe would be awesome, but considering the SMT4 debacle, I'm not sure whether I should be happy or not.

There's actually just one thing that I want from E3 this year: A confirmation (or rather, denial) of a region lock concerning Ultimax. Other than that, announcing PQ for Europe would be awesome, but considering the SMT4 debacle, I'm not sure whether I should be happy or not.

Well, if they finally give a release date, I assume that they should talk about that.

That sounds about right, though have they said that (English) voice recordings have been completed for P4AU? I submitted the question to UltraChenTV for Yu Namba to potentially answer.

CJ told us that Erin confirmed it in that expo some time ago, I think.

FluxWaveZ

CJ told us that Erin confirmed it in that expo some time ago, I think.

I think Fitzgerald said she was done with her lines during IGN's Up At Noon on March 17, 2014, but I don't think she said that all of the VO had been done. Of course, there was Troy Baker going "what?" when he was asked if he had contributed VA to P4AU at the time, so I think it's still vague.

Though, of course, she might have explicitly said otherwise during whatever expo is referred to here.

I'm a fool, been kinda busy with life these past few days, so much so that I was under the idea that the 9th was on Tuesday. Imagine how surprised and stocked I was after realizing that both the 9th, and obviously the conferences, are tmrw LOL. Gimme a P5 sneak peak Sony, pretty please.

FluxWaveZ

Well, I guess why not poll it. I created a quick poll here concerning whether or not you think P5 will be shown/mentioned at the PS E3 2014 conference tomorrow.

Basically, shown or mentioned includes a montage video, a logo shown or a name drop, along with anything more substantial, of course. Would like to see the results.

Soriku

What songs aren't impressing you? Listen to the title theme and Laser Beam.

Laser Beam isn't grabbing me too much right now but I'll see if it grows on me. The title theme is an arrange of Maze which I think is just a decent song past the guitar intro.

The rest is OK. It's still early though.

I really doubt Persona 5 will be on E3; TGS 2014 would be more belivable. But Atlus hasn't attended the last 2 TGS, so there is no saying that they will attend this year's TGS either.

Sega did show off SMT IV for them two TGSs ago. There was a new trailer too.

Voted no, because it seems a bit too early for them to release info on P5, going by the trend set by P3 and P4. Also, I'm like 80% sure the reveal is going to happen at TGS.

EDIT:Accidentally posted before I finished my sentence.

I'm making two posts so no one quoting me has to see the spoilers:

I couldn't find what Buddha posted, but if it's about the "love tester," I believe it's mandatory, but since you can pair with anyone, even Koromaru (who grows human arms in that bridal scene, bizarrely enough), I don't know if the result of the multiple choice test has any bearing on other parts of the game.

Koromaru OH LORDIE.....that's bizarrely hilarious

FluxWaveZ

Wasn't it just supposed to have a Japanese release in the Winter? The Winter season continues into next year.

Yeah, winter 2014 extends to March 19, 2015. It's also not uncommon for companies to use that kind of window for those purposes and extend it past the year, so it's not unlikely to happen until we get a better release date/window.

Voted no, because it seems a bit too early for them to release info on

Remember, "shown/mentioned" could just be host man going: "We've got awesome games coming like KH 2.5, Tales of whatever and Persona 5."

Soriku

Remember, "shown/mentioned" could just be host man going: "We've got awesome games coming like KH 2.5, Tales of whatever and Persona 5."

A quick mention basically amounts to nothing :/ They'd be acknowledging the obvious. Also I don't see them mentioning Tales at all.

I think the poll should be revolved around whether they actually show something, even it's like one new pic or something. Just saying it exists makes no difference.

hao chi

It's supposed to come out by the end of the year. I would hope for more info sooner.

I wasn't into Persona back then, so I'm just going based off what I've heard, but supposedly P3 and P4 were first shown in the spring then released a few months later in the summer. Assuming that's true, this wouldn't be new for Atlus.

FluxWaveZ

I think the poll should be revolved around whether they actually show something, even it's like one new pic or something. Just saying it exists makes no difference.

I think that's how most people took it, so the results would probably be the same. I was focusing on a mention like that, though, because I felt that some people thought Persona 5 would just be "that-game-which-can't-be-named" during E3, which I'm not totally on board with.

Still, if it's something substantial, my vote remains "Yes."

I wasn't into Persona back then, so I'm just going based off what I've heard, but supposedly P3 and P4 were first shown in the spring then released a few months later in the summer. Assuming that's true, this wouldn't be new for Atlus.

4 month intervals for both. They have never started publicizing a game due 2 months after it has been unveiled. Do you really think they'd pull that off with what is undoubtedly their biggest game yet?

P4A

Mitsuru's story was pretty good. I have Yosuke, Naoto, Labrys and Akihiko left.

Is Akihiko's story worth going through?
I've read that the story only makes any sense if he's the winner, so it would be appropriate to save that one for last. Or should I just skip it?

Well... maybe, maybe they'll namedrop it in between a bunch of other up-and-coming games during a segment where they talk about the ps3's lifecycle not being over yet. That's the most I can realistically see happening, and even then I still think it's a long shot.

God the whole VersusXIII/FFXV mess has made me cynical.

I voted "No". I think I just can't see it happening, since they are already going to show a bunch of Persona games, I don't think they want do draw and attention towars P5 right now.

If they do show something, I imagine it being only the same trailer or it being mentioned, but that's about it and for me that does not seem likely. Of course, I do want they ackowledge it there and will be very happy to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom