• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LX_Theo

Banned
So you agree it's not going to be the focus, which is what I said. A PS4 show. I doubt they'll show much or any focus on a Japanese PS3 game when their main focus will be selling units of their new console to their western audience.

It's like me trying to get hype for a new Tales of Zestria trailer tomorrow.

I don't think almost anyone is doing that for P5. The most I see people thinking has a good chance of happening is a mention or short part in the inevitable PS3 montage (of the reveal trailer, of course).

DNAbro

That's not what you were saying before, but you are now. The point is they will be discussing the PS4 and, in typical Somy fashion, probably for a bit longer than the majority of the core audience cares to hear. That's Sony for you. Every platform on the market will get it's due.

And it's funny you mention Zestiria because there actually is some stuff of that ilk in the show. I'm not going to get specific, but they do have some localizations in their conference.

Do you know something?

Squire

Banned
Do you know something?

I don't know anything about P5, but they do have some localizations in their show. You can take my word or not. I'm not trying to earn insider cred here and I only mention it because the show is tomorrow. You'll see soon enough.

I spent too much time on this silly little thing to not share it...

iba7O3fy9wb6LH.png

Need help with the name tho :p (FeMCannon? Mina-Cannon? Hamu-Cannon?)

EDIT:
Not-Canon
The simplest, most obvious solution is sometimes the best.

Potentially awesome news. This just appeared on my Facebook:
*IGN IMAGE*

Persona 5 is listed (but the other games are not, oddly). Hopefully that means a new trailer, but that could be just wishful thinking.

Yeah but remember the last time IGN 'confirmed' something? That last guardian nonsense has kinda dented their already meh credibility.

FluxWaveZ

xGGS9oT.jpg

Link: http://go.ign.com/1q1Tm8d
Persona 5 is listed (but the other games are not, oddly). Hopefully that means a new trailer, but that could be just wishful thinking.

Heh...

Yeah but remember the last time IGN 'confirmed' something? That last guardian nonsense has kinda dented their already meh credibility.

Oh...

Well, to be fair, this is a different situation since they have exclusive E3 coverage, so they would probably know what is being shown. But yeah, not a confirmation given their flimsy rep. right now.

Soma

i want to believe though ;_;

it'd be cool to get at least a small update though. even if it's like "yeah we can't show anything yet but be prepared in the coming months"

cj_iwakura

Pretty interesting that you're so down on it. I was really impressed with how well it had aged.

Don't get me wrong, I love Maken X.

But not the PS2 version. It's wildly different to the point that it's a whole other game.

I am glad I got to try it though.

Rhapsody

Banned
E3 nowadays is usually Nintendo news week for me (or when consoles are unveiled).
Any other games I'm interested in aren't suited for E3 and get news announced elsewhere.

xGGS9oT.jpg

IGN but still its fuelling my fires of Persona passion.

There is nothing wrong in believing. In fact, It makes the announcement/reveal all the more worthwhile, like a dream coming true (okay maybe not that dramatic).

I don't know about that IGN thing. An asterisk means the game is confirmed to be there. P5 has no asterisk next to it, so it's probably an assumption.

The page says "*IGN has confirmed with the publisher that this game will appear at E3 in some form, not necessarily playable." with the asterisk being for confirmed games. P5 has no asterisk next to it, and none of the other confirmed Atlus E3 titles are there. Hmm... This doesn't look too good.

I don't know about that IGN thing. An asterisk means the game is confirmed to be there. P5 has no asterisk next to it, so it's probably an assumption.

The page says "*IGN has confirmed with the publisher that this game will appear at E3 in some form, not necessarily playable." with the asterisk being for confirmed games. P5 has no asterisk next to it, and none of the other confirmed Atlus E3 titles are there. Hmm... This doesn't look too good.

When publishers put out lists of confirmed titles, iirc it usually doesn't include games that will be revealed at conferences.

Nachos

And it's funny you mention Zestiria because there actually is some stuff of that ilk in the show. I'm not going to get specific, but they do have some localizations in their conference.
That's kind of a big thing to just drop in the middle of conversation - particularly with such certainty, to boot. It's not right to pry for specific details, but can you at least say whether or not this comes from someone you know personally or if it comes from an internet source you believe?

The show's happening tomorrow, so you're right; we should just make of it what we will. Still, it'd be nice if you didn't leave us completely hanging, unless you absolutely can't help it.

Well, to be fair, this is a different situation since they have exclusive E3 coverage, so they would probably know what is being shown. But yeah, not a confirmation given their flimsy rep. right now.
Right. Can't blame anyone for being wary, but even with no specific contributors credited, it's pretty improbable that the same writers were involved.

When publishers put out lists of confirmed titles, iirc it usually doesn't include games that will be revealed at conferences.

P5 has already been revealed, though. It has no asterisk next to it, so as of now, it's basically unconfirmed to appear. I'm just stating this so people don't get their hopes up too much and think it's a definite.

FluxWaveZ

P5 has already been revealed, though. It has no asterisk next to it, so as of now, it's basically unconfirmed to appear. I'm just stating this so people don't get their hopes up too much and think it's a definite.

Yep. Everything with the asterisk is going to be there, but most of the things without one on that list are basically assumptions.

Dantis

I still think we'll see a JP debut of P4D over the next few days. I can't see them going from nothing to 'playable on E3 show floor'. They have to re-debut it first.

xGGS9oT.jpg

This list contains both games likely to appear at E3 2014 and games that have been confirmed to appear, as noted in the final column.

It's speculative, unfortunately.

Personally, I don't think we'll see any P5 at E3.

Soriku

Those E3 lists tend to be speculative.

Hell KH3 is on there and it was already confirmed to be a no-show, outside of the text teaser at the end of the 2.5 Remix trailer.

Persona 5 has already had its reveal for both Japan and English localizations, though

True but is it really unprecedented for a game, previously announced to be at a conference without being listed in the publishers list for E3.

I'm sure the first party studios do it.

FluxWaveZ

I still think we'll see a JP debut of P4D over the next few days. I can't see them going from nothing to 'playable on E3 show floor'. They have to re-debut it first.

Well, then they have to upload a video for a re-unveiling in less than 48 hours. I'm not sure they'll be doing that, but who knows if P4D is actually going to be playable on the show floor. I feel that, for an actual unveiling of P4D, they'd want to do what they did with P4AU and hype up an announcement in Famitsu or something as well as the official website opening up like they did last time.

Dantis

Well, then they have to upload a video for a re-unveiling in less than 48 hours. I'm not sure they'll be doing that, but who knows if P4D is actually going to be playable on the show floor. I feel that, for an actual unveiling of P4D, they'd want to do what they did with P4AU and hype up an announcement in Famitsu or something as well as the official website opening up like they did last time.

So you think they're just going to be showing last year's trailer? It's possible I guess, though it would feel disappointing.

I think that because it's on the badge, they probably have something more significant.

FluxWaveZ

So you think they're just going to be showing last year's trailer? It's possible I guess, though it would feel disappointing.

I think that because it's on the badge, they probably have something more significant.

No, I'm saying that, in this case, I'm not sure a Japanese re-unveiling is some sort of pre-requisite before we get our own footage. P4D is part of Atlus USA's official lineup, so they'll have more to show than just the trailer they showed previously.

Lunar15

Note the: "Character designer for Persona Q and original character designer for Persona 4: Dancing All Night"

Guess he's not doing the new designs for P4D.

Oh, also check out those teddie sketches on that one side. That's a nice touch.

FluxWaveZ

Guess he's not doing the new designs for P4D.

I don't think that's what that means...

Well, I believe he's saying that he's not doing the updated designs for established characters. What else would it mean?
I think the implication is pretty on the nose. He actually drew the designs for PQ, whereas he only drew the original designs for the characters that are featured in P4D.

Ah, never mind. Misunderstood. I thought you meant that, say, he wasn't designing Kanamin.

redhairedking

Hey PersonaGAF, I decided to follow a lot of you on twitter from the link on the first page so don't be surprised if some of you have a new follower

I spent too much time on this silly little thing to not share it...

iba7O3fy9wb6LH.png

Need help with the name tho :p (FeMCannon? Mina-Cannon? Hamu-Cannon?)

EDIT:

The simplest, most obvious solution is sometimes the best.

that is such a great idea

Okay, saw Yosuke and Yukiko's P4AU videos, the last bits of Yosuke's were funy "At least I was cool there, right?... Right?"

The game's box art is amazing. Junpei and Yosuke look kinda crazy there, haha. Too bad people already took Yosuke and Yukari's avatars. Oh and about the Labrys side thing, I would side her with the P4 cast since she seemed to enjoy being with them more, she has a Yasogami uniform, she debuted in a "P4 game" and the only reason she went with the P3 cast was because she wanted to find the culprit and didn't know the IT was also on the case.

The P4G Animation's designs look kinda weird but eh. About the P3 movie
I also thought it would end with Ikutsuki's betrayal. I really want to see the audience's reaction to Shinji's death and Ken. Ryoji's cameo appeareance excites me a lot!

To the people who have PQ, has anyone managed to know who are the secret characters?

Xenoflare

Okay, saw Yosuke and Yukiko's P4AU videos, the last bits of Yosuke's were funy "At least I was cool there, right?... Right?"

The game's box art is amazing. Junpei and Yosuke look kinda crazy there, haha. Too bad people already took Yosuke and Yukari's avatars. Oh and about the Labrys side thing, I would side her with the P4 cast since she seemed to enjoy being with them more, she has a Yasogami uniform, she debuted in a "P4 game" and the only reason she went with the P3 cast was because she wanted to find the culprit and didn't know the IT was also on the case.

I also thought it would end with Ikutsuki's betrayal. I really want to see the audience's reaction to Shinji's death and Ken. Ryoji's cameo appeareance excites me a lot!

To the people who have PQ, has anyone managed to know who are the secret characters?

I thought the "secret characters" thing is already debunked, no?

Most people put Labrys on the P3 side because she debuted in a Persona 3 drama CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom