• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

P4A

Mitsuru's story was pretty good. I have Yosuke, Naoto, Labrys and Akihiko left.

Is Akihiko's story worth going through?
I've read that the story only makes any sense if he's the winner, so it would be appropriate to save that one for last. Or should I just skip it?

It's pretty good. It's the only route where his characterization is decent, and I like the ending.

The story doesn't really make sense if "anyone" is the winner, haha.

FluxWaveZ

Voted "no' because I'm realistic.

Even for it being simply mentioned or shown with just a logo?

Because if so...

I stand by what I said. The west isn't getting any information before Japan does, even if it's just a logo.

Also I recommend using http://strawpoll.me/ instead since the interface is superior.

I'm really willing to bet you're wrong. A simple name drop during a conference or the current logo on the website shown on display next to a bunch of others? All too likely.

kewlmyc

Because if so...

I stand by what I said. The west isn't getting any information before Japan does, even if it's just a logo.

Also I recommend using http://strawpoll.me/ instead since the interface is superior.

Plus, it's a PS3 title. It's going to be a PS4 show with some PSNow or whatever it's called.

arue

They're not (that) crazy. P4D launches in October at the earliest, and if P5 is a 2014 game (it might be a 2015 game in Japan, but 2014 is more likely), that would leave them 2 months to publicize it.
P4D launches in October at earliest? Then it's possible for P5 reval at TGS then. Since P5 is Famitsu's most wanted, I think 2-5 months (assuming P5 is released on March 2015) would be enough to build the hype.

Sega did show off SMT IV for them two TGSs ago. There was a new trailer too.
That's why seeing P5 at TGS would be more belivable than seeing it tomorrow at E3. I'm really hoping they would give us the exact release date at TGS.

LX_Theo

Banned
I voted "No". I think I just can't see it happening, since they are already going to show a bunch of Persona games, I don't think they want do draw and attention towars P5 right now.

If they do show something, I imagine it being only the same trailer or it being mentioned, but that's about it and for me that does not seem likely. Of course, I do want they ackowledge it there and will be very happy to be wrong.

That stuff you can see happening was included in his yes option. :/

FluxWaveZ

Plus, it's a PS3 title. It's going to be a PS4 show with some PSNow or whatever it's called.

It's a PlayStation conference. They're going to mention the PS3's future.

P4D launches in October at earliest? Then it's possible for P5 reval at TGS then. Since P5 is Famitsu's most wanted, I think 2-5 months (assuming P5 is released on March 2015) would be enough to build the hype.

"Fall 2014" starts in late September and they'll be releasing P4AU in late August so, yeah, I think it's practically inevitable that the earliest launch for P4D would be October. Heck, TGS is late September and if it were shown for the first time there, that would mean it would get shown 3 months before its release date if it's coming out in 2014.

I just can't picture them taking less time publicizing Persona 5 compared to its predecessors. If it's shown for the first time at or near TGS, I can't see the game coming out in 2014 anywhere.

So is Dancing going to be playable? And if so wouldn't it make it the first time it's been playable anywhere?

We don't know. If it is playable then, yes, it'll be the first time it's playable anywhere.

FluxWaveZ

I like where this is going. What do you want to bet?

Just so we're clear, what you're saying is that Persona 5 will not: show up in a montage, show up on the screen, be uttered by anyone on stage, or be referred to or shown in any other way, right? This includes showing off the teaser we have already seen, showing off the concept image we have already seen and/or showing off the current logo on the website?

DNAbro

It's a PlayStation conference. They're going to mention the PS3's future.

"Fall 2014" starts in late September and they'll be releasing P4AU in late August so, yeah, I think it's practically inevitable that the earliest launch for P4D would be October. Heck, TGS is late September and if it were shown for the first time there, that would mean it would get shown 3 months before its release date if it's coming out in 2014.

I just can't picture them taking less time publicizing Persona 5 compared to its predecessors. If it's shown for the first time at or near TGS, I can't see the game coming out in 2014 anywhere.

We don't know. If it is playable then, yes, it'll be the first time it's playable anywhere.

The fact that it's their center point in advertising makes me think it will be and if it is, I don't see why they couldn't unveil p5 here as well. The Japan first idea wouldn't apply.

kewlmyc

Just so we're clear, what you're saying is that Persona 5 will not: show up in a montage, show up on the screen, be uttered by anyone on stage, or be referred to or shown in any other way, right? This includes showing off the teaser we have already seen, showing off the concept image we have already seen and/or showing off the current logo on the website?

Correct. What are we wagering?

I'm doubting, I have faith that it will be 2014, much like smash bros which also has a winter 2014 date.

I wouldn't expect that. P4AU and P4DAN Already are taking up Fall, and Atlus needs to give the consumer time to earn some more cash, as many people have strict budgets.

ALSO:
2ygGDHCl.jpg

Winter 2014 takes place in 2015 (mostly)

FluxWaveZ

Correct. What are we wagering?

Heh, alright, so that's your stance. Mine is that what I mentioned will happen.

I don't want anything too crazy, so whoever loses gets "I AM SLAVE" edited by the other onto their avatar to adorn for a week. Deal?

Edit: I mean, the teaser we've already seen into a video montage? yourealreadydead.jpg

hao chi

I think that's how most people took it, so the results would probably be the same. I was focusing on a mention like that, though, because I felt that some people thought Persona 5 would just be "that-game-which-can't-be-named" during E3, which I'm not totally on board with.

Still, if it's something substantial, my vote remains "Yes."

4 month intervals for both. They have never started publicizing a game due 2 months after it has been unveiled. Do you really think they'd pull that off with what is undoubtedly their biggest game yet?

I'm just guessing that they won't want to take attention away from Ultimax and PQ this far ahead of their releases.

Because if so...

I'm really willing to bet you're wrong. A simple name drop during a conference or the current logo on the website shown on display next to a bunch of others? All too likely.

I won't be surprised at all if P5 is mentioned, but I'm not expecting a trailer or even screen shots at E3. Maybe some character art if we're lucky.

kewlmyc

Heh, alright, so that's your stance. Mine is that what I mentioned will happen.

I don't want anything too crazy, so whoever loses gets "I AM SLAVE" edited by the other onto their avatar to adorn for a week. Deal?

Aww, fine. No risque pixiv avatars for you.

Soriku

I wouldn't expect that. P4AU and P4DAN Already are taking up Fall, and Atlus needs to give the consumer time to earn some more cash, as many people have strict budgets.

ALSO:
2ygGDHCl.jpg

Winter 2014 takes place in 2015

Some companies just put up a "Winter" with no year if it could slip into the next year. This isn't 100% consistent though...

But this year is the year of Persona (as they stated) and it would be odd if they couldn't top it off with P5.

Fall for the other Persona games to a Nov-Dec release for P5 is a big enough gap.

FluxWaveZ

But this year is the year of Persona (as they stated) and it would be odd if they couldn't top it off with P5.

I'm not sure they ever said this, though it'd be pretty cool if they did. What they have been playing up is that this year is Atlus's 25th anniversary.

If we assume P4D is October at the earliest, a 2 month gap between P4D and P5 for P5 to release in December could work. That's what they're doing with PQ and P4AU, and what they'd be doing with P4AU and P4D.

Acid08

Banned
Don't think it's too farfetched for them to mention P5 in a list of PS3 games in the conference. Don't think we'll get a logo, screenshots, or trailer though.

"And we're still going to support the millions of PS3 gamers out there with games like XXX, XXX, Persona 5, XXX, and XXX."

Some companies just put up a "Winter" with no year if it could slip into the next year. This isn't 100% consistent though...

Fall for the other Persona games to a Nov-Dec release for P5 is a big enough gap.

This image makes me think 2015. Persona official twitter posted this in January. Is it just because it has Teddie that there is no P5 TV, or because it won't be out until February 2015, like Catherine (announced for 2010 Winter, released February 2011)

FluxWaveZ

This image makes me think 2015. Persona official twitter posted this in January. Is it just because it has Teddie that there is no P5 TV, or because it won't be out until February 2015, like Catherine (announced for 2010 Winter, released February 2011)

...Now that makes sense. Back when they put that image out, I thought they were just being coy by not including their most anticipated title in it, but the reasoning that it really was just showing off the Persona games for 2014 makes a lot of sense.

I'm starting to think 2015 more and more.

Squire

Banned

Can we stop saying this? They're still making PS3s. They're still making PS3 games. They're still selling both. It's going to be mentioned, regardless of how brief it is and the same applies to the Vita.

It's like some of you guys have never seen a Sony presser before or something.

DNAbro

ALSO:
2ygGDHCl.jpg

Winter 2014 takes place in 2015 (mostly)

The fact that they specified 2014 for Japan and 2015 for US makes me believe. I argued this before but we'll just have to wait.

FluxWaveZ

The fact that they specified 2014 for Japan and 2015 for US makes me believe. I argued this before but we'll just have to wait.

It's not the same thing, though, specifically because there's a window with the Japanese release date. "Winter 2014" can often mean "Q1 2015", but "2015" can never mean "2014" or "2016."

Well obviously. I'm still just going to say it's coming 2014 in Japan.

Yeah, that's always a possibility too, of course... It's all so nebulous.

DNAbro

It's not the same thing, though, specifically because there's a window with the Japanese release date. "Winter 2014" can often mean "Q1 2015", but "2015" can never mean "2014" or "2016."

Well obviously. I'm still just going to say it's coming 2014 in Japan.

Soriku

I'm not sure they ever said this, though it'd be pretty cool if they did. What they have been playing up is that this year is Atlus's 25th anniversary.

If we assume P4D is October at the earliest, a 2 month gap between P4D and P5 for P5 to release in December could work. That's what they're doing with PQ and P4AU, and what they'd be doing with P4AU and P4D.

I searched for a while and I thought Hashino talked about 2014 being the year of Persona, but it was the Persona magazine that said 2014 was the year of Persona after all the announcements. I don't know if that's anything official though.

But Nov-Dec is Fall. P4DAN will most likely release in Oct-Dec

Right but I don't see them waiting till Nov-Dec to release it. I see it releasing September-October.

Anyway we'll see.

Nachos

I can't see there being anything more than a short trailer, if that. Maybe they could try for a repeat of November and have P5 show really well, and for all the people introduced, they'd have three other games to garner interest? Whatever they do, they absolutely won't cannibalize their own sales.
Persona 5 needs to be about social linking with metalheads.

Every social link has to do with whether or not they hate Deathcore or Crunkcore more.
What Persona 5 isn't:
  • Not for trend
  • Not for corporate attitude
  • Not for stoner

What Persona 5 is:
  • ONLY FOR TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS
I haven't really thought about it. I only played Makoto route in P3P so I'm not familiar with male SEES social links, but I know Mitsuru is the bestest waifu :p Not too fond of Yukari. Oh, and Koromaru is cool.
http://undersaffiresky.tumblr.com/post/51482615731/waiting-in-vain-you-had-one-job-minato
Dem feels. Glad to see he's doing good in P4U2.

In P4 i think I like everyone about equally. Yosuke can sometimes be a dick though. Don't know what to say about Naoto, because she joined so late, and Rise can be a little iritating. Yukiko is da best waifu in P4!
Too much waifu talking :p
I was just asking since I figured Scrafty would be the first to drill you on your opinions of DA MAN (Junpei), so it might've helped to get that out of the way early.

Also, I'm glad you linked to that comic, but jeez, that's pretty heart-breaking.

My only want for P5 is that it feels like P-Studio put their all into it and it feels like a product they are proud of. I think that will go a long way in making it a great game. While SMTIV may be pretty flawed, you can tell they loved working on it and it alone makes the game feel better.

kewlmyc

Can we stop saying this? They're still making PS3s. They're still making PS3 games. They're still selling both. It's going to be mentioned, regardless of how brief it is and the same applies to the Vita.

It's like some of you guys have never seen a Sony presser before or something.
So you agree it's not going to be the focus, which is what I said. A PS4 show. I doubt they'll show much or any focus on a Japanese PS3 game when their main focus will be selling units of their new console to their western audience.

It's like me trying to get hype for a new Tales of Zestria trailer tomorrow.

Squire

Banned
So you agree it's not going to be the focus, which is what I said. A PS4 show. I doubt they'll show much or any focus on a Japanese PS3 game when their main focus will be selling units of their new console to their western audience.

It's like me trying to get hype for a new Tales of Zestria trailer tomorrow.

That's not what you were saying before, but you are now. The point is they will be discussing the PS4 and, in typical Somy fashion, probably for a bit longer than the majority of the core audience cares to hear. That's Sony for you. Every platform on the market will get it's due.

And it's funny you mention Zestiria because there actually is some stuff of that ilk in the show. I'm not going to get specific, but they do have some localizations in their conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom