• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
That's the interesting part. P4 spoiler
It's important for her to recite all of them because of what happens in her dungeon. But they were designed in a way so that you would hear one after hours of gameplay. The anime will be much more condensed and it could come off as an overdone gag. They'll probably do something different with it, and I wonder what that could be.

Still need to go through her dungeon :p
I think they could save her poetry as an after-credits snippet at the end of each ep, maybe during the "next episode' previews.
Or if they really want to think outside the box convert her poetry into Lotus Juice raps lol

When I translated Marie's Q trailer,
the poetry was a chore.
Only two lines, but it was all just
angst and nothing more.
I'm sure she'd be okay in person
one you get to know her.
I know she has her fans here,
some people don't find her a bore.
But between you and me,
being with her is all just a dull blur.
No judging from me, I've not played Golden,
but forgive me for saying I'm not beholden.

*claps*
I'm not good at poetry,
I can't think of anything,
Erm umm yeah I'm done
-Red

btw 100th post hooray

pan-hime

y8mot5H.png

https://twitter.com/nichronomicon/status/475871852749791232

Dantis

Note the: "Character designer for Persona Q and original character designer for Persona 4: Dancing All Night"

Guess he's not doing the new designs for P4D.

Oh, also check out those teddie sketches on that one side. That's a nice touch.

We were discussing it on here a couple of weeks ago because it says the same thing on the actual websites too. The art that we've seen is definitely drawn by him, but obviously that doesn't mean that he designed the outfits. It will be interesting to see how the other characters look. Maybe then we'll be able to tell for sure.

I guess this means that PQ's script isn't finished yet, which is interesting.

Sophia

I guess this means that PQ's script isn't finished yet, which is interesting.

I'm starting to think that they knew of Ultimax much sooner than they did of Persona Q. I'd have to dig it up, but Twitter comments to John Hardin (atlusprime) seemed to suggest they only learned of it at the November event like we did.

The art that we've seen is definitely drawn by him, but obviously that doesn't mean that he designed the outfits. It will be interesting to see how the other characters look. Maybe then we'll be able to tell for sure.

Pretty much this. If I had to guess I would say he designed their 'base' look but all the extras will be designed in-house at Dingo. At least I hope that this is the case, I want crazy, I want flamboyant.

Jintor

man, i've been playing so much fucking love live, i can't wait to play a rhythm game with music I already like before playing

I think i've developed stockholm syndrome with some of these bloody love live songs

man, i've been playing so much fucking love live, i can't wait to play a rhythm game with music I already like before playing

I think i've developed stockholm syndrome with some of these bloody love live songs

They get stuck in your head real fast.

This post is as good as any to mention that there is a Vocaloid Rhythm game coming out for the vita at the end of the month that is not a Miku game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL5VfqGFEZM

Worth checking out.

Dantis

Lol...

If P4D actually looks good, I might import a Japanese copy because of the seemingly long wait for a western release.

Pretty much this. If I had to guess I would say he designed their 'base' look but all the extras will be designed in-house at Dingo. At least I hope that this is the case, I want crazy, I want flamboyant.

Well, I'm pretty sure Soejima didn't design all the P4G outfits. A lot of them look too standard to be his designs, I think. So yeah, Dingo will probably have done some (if not all) of the P4D outfits. I'd be interested to know if Soejima designed the default ones though.

EDIT: Also, I just checked, and it turns out that I can watch all the E3 conferences except Sony's. I don't think for a second that there'll be any Persona stuff there, but it's still frustrating in case there is.

Lol...

If P4D actually looks good, I might import a Japanese copy because of the seemingly long wait for a western release.

There was no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't import P4D. Will go all out on EMS delivery and happily pay the custom charges with a big smile...for once.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
There was no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't import P4D. Will go all out on EMS delivery and happily pay the custom charges with a big smile...for once.

I did that for Catherine for $110 and will likely do it again quite happily for Dancing and Persona 5. It's super fun to be a part of an import zeitgeist! Not great for your life savings, but who can afford to put kids through college anyway? Just sit them in front of the TV, throw a controller in their hand, and tell them that steak girl and microphone girl will teach them all they ever need to know about living and loving themselves and others while you go off and live and love yourself and all of those fun import games written in all the squigglies meant to deter gaijin like you! :D

Dantis

I did that for Catherine for $110 and will likely do it again quite happily for Dancing and Persona 5. It's super fun to be a part of an import zeitgeist! Not great for your life savings, but who can afford to put kids through college anyway? Just sit them in front of the TV, throw a controller in their hand, and tell them that steak girl and microphone girl will teach them all they ever need to know about living and loving themselves and others while you go off and live and love yourself and all of those fun import games written in all the squigglies meant to deter gaijin like you! :D

I did it for P4G. Don't read a lick of Japanese, but I really wanted to play it.

Also, it's looking less and less likely we're going to see any P4D today. Makes me wonder what Atlus US will have at E3.

Jintor

What did you get out of it in Japanese D? I feel like my enjoyment of Persona is so closely tied to understanding what's going on that would not have been enjoyable for me unless I was learning Japanese

Ha quite. It will be roughly $130 depending on shipping, and assuming the game will be at a standard retail price. But nothing will get inbetween me and rhythm games...apart from 3DS's

Also, it's looking less and less likely we're going to see any P4D today. Makes me wonder what Atlus US will have at E3.

Same trailer but with more English perhaps? I don't recall if that trailer was ever officially shown 'west' side.

I'm hoping for something a bit more fuller though. More characters, more songs, please.

Dantis

What did you get out of it in Japanese D? I feel like my enjoyment of Persona is so closely tied to understanding what's going on that would not have been enjoyable for me unless I was learning Japanese

I'd already played through Persona 4 multiple time, so I knew what was going on. And in the new scenes, the tone of voice, portraits and small animations gave a pretty good indication of what was happening.

Ha quite. It will be roughly $130 depending on shipping, and assuming the game will be at a standard retail price. But nothing will get inbetween me and rhythm games...apart from 3DS's

Same trailer but with more English perhaps? I don't recall if that trailer was ever officially shown 'west' side.

I'm hoping for something a bit more fuller though. More characters, more songs, please.

The trailer wasn't ever shown in the west, no.

So I guess it's possible that it's just an English trailer.

Well I guess I was wrong. Back to being hyped!

FluxWaveZ

The trailer wasn't ever shown in the west, no.

So I guess it's possible that it's just an English trailer.

Well I guess I was wrong. Back to being hyped!

Seems there won't be an unveiling in Japan before we get to see it at E3. I don't see why it should be a must to see something like P4D in Japan before we get to see it at E3; we haven't really seen footage from the console version of P4AU in Japan aside from Rise and we'll be seeing that for the first time today from UltraChenTV. It's a different situation since there still has been plenty of P4AU gameplay footage from Japan, but still.

Hashino blog post about Persona Q on the Persona Channel.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Seems there won't be an unveiling in Japan before we get to see it at E3, either.

Taking a brief glance at it, it looks like it's most a thank you message to people for buying the game. I'll translate the last paragraph because it's Hashino being as sweet as ever.

And finally, Persona Q marks the first game we've put out since reforming as Atlus once again. It would make me happy from the bottom of my heart if you're able to enjoy this game as, for lack of a better word, "just another Atlus game" like the ones you've always known. But seriously, words can't convey just how grateful I am to those of you who have gone out and bought this game. We don't plan to stop anytime soon on making games that you'll all enjoy from top to bottom with our hearts put into it and I hope you'll stick around as we do.

Man, I really like translating for Hashino. One of the few guys I know within Japanese games that can actually write a sincere bit of PR. You can tell from the way he writes that the Index stuff took a real toll on him and that he's happy to finally have that behind him. Here's to him keeping on doing his thing~

FluxWaveZ

Man, I really like translating for Hashino. One of the few guys I know within Japanese games that can actually write a sincere bit of PR. You can tell from the way he writes that the Index stuff took a real toll on him and that he's happy to finally have that behind him. Here's to him keeping on doing his thing~

Yeah, that certainly sounds as sincere as ever. Sounds pretty content with how Persona Q turned out, and it seems to have sold a ton of copies (looking forward to new Media Create numbers), so good on him and P Studio.

Setsu00

Yeah, that certainly sounds as sincere as ever. Sounds pretty content with how Persona Q turned out, and it seems to have sold a ton of copies (looking forward to new Media Create numbers), so good on him and P Studio.

There was a tweet on the Persona Twitter that some people were apparently unable to buy the physical version of the game. It's good to see that there was a lot of demand.

Dantis

Seems there won't be an unveiling in Japan before we get to see it at E3. I don't see why it should be a must to see something like P4D in Japan before we get to see it at E3; we haven't really seen footage from the console version of P4AU in Japan aside from Rise and we'll be seeing that for the first time today from UltraChenTV. It's a different situation since there still has been plenty of P4AU gameplay footage from Japan, but still.

It just makes me wonder if Atlus US are going to show anything actually new though. Dancing All Night is clearly aimed squarely at Japan.

FluxWaveZ

It just makes me wonder if Atlus US are going to show anything actually new though. Dancing All Night is clearly aimed squarely at Japan.

I've also thought that anything substantial regarding their internal development would have to be shown in Japan before it was shown in North America, but it might be because of convenient timing. The new Persona Magazine is out in a few days—which might highlight P4D—and they might have planned to start unveiling P4D soon, so showing it off at the biggest gaming event in the world first wouldn't be a bad idea.

In any case, there's no doubt in my mind that it will be something new, because they wouldn't have it be part of their official E3 lineup just to show an old teaser we've already seen before.

Dantis

I've also thought that anything substantial regarding their internal development would have to be shown in Japan before it was shown in North America, but it might be because of convenient timing. The new Persona Magazine is out in a few days—which might highlight P4D—and they might have planned to start unveiling P4D soon, so showing it off at the biggest gaming event in the world first wouldn't be a bad idea.

In any case, there's no doubt in my mind that it will be something new because they wouldn't have it part of their official E3 lineup just to show an old teaser we've already seen before.

I don't know if there's any connection (probably isn't!), but John Hardin was talking on Twitter about being hyped for Tuesday,

Just sayin'.

MSMrRound

I'm already pretty satisfied with E3 knowing that AtlusUSA is gonna bring on P4D and P4Q. Along with XSEED's Shinovi Versus and what's not (yea low expectations I know).

Any other titles (or bombs dropped) will be a nice surprise.

Can't wait for PersonaQ numbers this week. Hopefully it will be good.

Im more hyped about new ips and reboots. I really hope the press conferences dont focus on the typical COD, Battlefield, or assassins type games.

Im gonna make a BOLD assumption and say that P5 will be at Sony's press conference in a very small segment. :p

Naturally we can expect a detailed walkthrough of Ultimax and possiblely Dance.

I really wanna do that too, Pepsiman. Especially for any limited editions they may offer! I'll just have to see how money goes :(

Ha, I'll be in the minority for P5 today, even though its most likely going to be revealed at TGS.

I'm sorry to tell you that your hopes are way too high, friend :(

MSMrRound

I'll sooner expect another visit by the old lady reporter than something about P5.

Some chairs might be flashed in a sizzle reel of upcoming PS3 games etc. That's my realistic expectation.

Lunar15

I expect nothing during the press conferences.

I expect something about P4D on the show floor, given the nametag, but I think it would be weird if we learned more through E3 before Japan knew. Maybe there will be an update in this week's famitsu?

I'll sooner expect another visit by the old lady reporter than something about P5.

Some chairs might be flashed in a sizzle reel of upcoming PS3 games etc. That's my realistic expectation.

I'm really hoping that they don't even do that, to be honest.

I wanna see more PS4 games and the only worthwhile PS3 game right now is Persona 5 anyways

Dantis

I expect nothing during the press conferences.

I expect something about P4D on the show floor, given the nametag, but I think it would be weird if we learned more through E3 before Japan knew. Maybe there will be an update in this week's famitsu?

I agree with all of this.

I wouldn't be surprised if, essentially, we saw nothing new for P5 OR P4D.

abrack08

I'm hyped for new Zelda mostly, and whatever glimpses we get of the new Persona games. Other than that, I'm hoping for some good surprises, because I'm not that hyped for the stuff confirmed for the big conferences. I would be hyped for MGSV too but the trailer leaked already last night

Throw my hat in the ring of Peronsa 5 getting a passing mention about how Sony is still supporting the PS3, but probably no info or characters or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom