• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Good day all, I'm back!

Prediction: If anything at all Persona related is shown at a conference today, it'll probably be Dancing All Night in a Vita montage at Sony's show.

kewlmyc

I was meant to be doing five hours, but I got a call earlier to ask if I'd do 8 and a quarter instead because someone is off sick. :(
You know damn well they're not sick, they're doing the same thing Dave is doing. :p

To be fair, you probably won't miss much.

pan-hime

well, here's the cover for Persona Magazine's #2014JUNE issue
YWu2qxO.jpg

highlights:
New/latest info on P4GA
interview with the producer of P3M2
latest on P4AU
PQ digest

Lunar15

You know, in P4A they explained that the P3 guys got the ability to summon their persona without an evoker because they were in the TV world.

In PQ, however, once they see that the P4 guys don't have to point a gun at their head to summon their persona, they're probably going to be pretty jealous. I'm sure there will be a pretty hilarious dialogue about that.

FluxWaveZ

well, here's the cover for Persona Magazine's #2014JUNE issue
YWu2qxO.jpg

highlights:
New/latest info on P4GA
interview with the producer of P3M2
latest on P4AU
PQ digest

I had a thought that maybe they'd changed the cover since that Persona stream where the hosts were all on drugs, but they kept it. They did change #Spring to #June, though.

Looking at the highlights, I guess it's going to mostly be itsnothing.gif. Those interviews have some neat little tidbits sometimes, at least.

Persona Dengeki didn't update yet, so I suppose it should in a few days. Or they just gave it up.

You know, in P4A they explained that the P3 guys got the ability to summon their persona without an evoker because they were in the TV world.

In PQ, however, once they see that the P4 guys don't have to point a gun at their head to summon their persona, they're probably going to be pretty jealous. I'm sure there will be a pretty hilarious dialogue about that.

That's not it. They state several times in P4A that the P3 guys could summon their Personas, even in the real world, without the use of an evoker. It even happens several times in P3 itself. It's just that, as at least Mitsuru's story explains, the process of summoning is way facilitated in the TV world.

Basically, it's the P4 crew who got the short end of the stick when it came to Persona use.

If I remember the lore correctly, Personas are summoned when the user fears for their life. The evoker is used to simulate that fear. P4 shows that the the TV world has different rules for summoning. Rise even mentions she wishes she could detect people in the real world.

So it looks like the P4 crowd is limited to summoning in the TV world unless they got evokers. I don't know how they'll explain the P4 cast summoning in PQ though.

Meia

I'd say we don't know if it's possible that the P4 can't summon in the real world without a persona, but
Naoto's end of December call when she gets killed kind of shows she couldn't I guess.
Then again, the idea is SEES could be conditioned to summon in the real world easier by using their evokers, while the P4 crew may just simply believe that they cannot no matter what, so they wouldn't be able to. Mind over matter and all that.

Though, I thought the P3 crew still required the Dark Hour for their personas to be able to be summoned?

FluxWaveZ

I'd say we don't know if it's possible that the P4 can't summon in the real world without a persona, but
Naoto's end of December call when she gets killed kind of shows she couldn't I guess.
Then again, the idea is SEES could be conditioned to summon in the real world easier by using their evokers, while the P4 crew may just simply believe that they cannot no matter what, so they wouldn't be able to. Mind over matter and all that.

I don't think so... Recall when (P4A)
Fuuka summons her Persona at the end of some P4A stories. The P4 crew express astonishment that someone can use their Persona in the real world.

Lunar15

Ah, thanks for reminding me. I still think they'll probably mention something in the game where the P3 characters react to people not having to use evokers to summon them. Just seems funny to me.

I really, really want an explanation for the jojo's poses.

PK Gaming

I don't think so... Recall when (P4A)
Fuuka summons her Persona at the end of some P4A stories. The P4 crew express astonishment that someone can use their Persona in the real world.

In addition to that, Mitsuru summons her Persona during the hotsprings event

DNAbro

It's nice to want things. :p

And yeah, that Twilight part was so out of left field and nonsense, guess they had to pad the segment to make it longer for whatever reason.

most of the extra bits in their videos were really obscure references

also BELIEVE

Surprised that GAF is still up lol. Came here to see your opinions on Persona Q's trailer. I wish there was some voice but meh. E3 hasn't really even started yet, I bet that we will be seeing much more Persona related stuff starting tomorrow.
PS: But of course we will be seeing Persona 5 tonight. #IbelieveInNothing

MSMrRound

Consider my faith in humanity lost if the rest of the Persona trailers aren't dubbed :(

Highest chance for P4A2, considering that voice work is done and it's going to be the first of the few Persona games being released.

I would hazard a guess that AtlusUSA are not quite done with the dub for PQ and P4D just yet?

Dantis

Completely off the current discussion, but I only just noticed the random guitar solo in the background of Light Up The Fire P3 during the chorus. If we needed more confirmation that this wasn't Meguro, that would be it. He doesn't do flashy guitars like that. I sense a Konishi.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Completely off the current discussion, but I only just noticed the random guitar solo in the background of Light Up The Fire P3 during the chorus. If we needed more confirmation that this wasn't Meguro, that would be it. He doesn't do flashy guitars like that. I sense a Konishi.

Who?

Dantis

Toshiki Konishi. Worked on Trauma Team and Persona 2 PSP OSTs. Also did some remixes for the Arena Arrange OST. Great guitarist.

There's also a Toshiki Konishi who is a part of the Persona Team as a game designer, but I don't know if it's the same guy or two different guys with the same name. I'd like to think that it's the same guy and he's just incredibly talented.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Toshiki Konishi. Worked on Trauma Team and Persona 2 PSP OSTs. Also did some remixes for the Arena Arrange OST. Great guitarist.

There's also a Toshiki Konishi who is a part of the Persona Team as a game designer, but I don't know if it's the same guy or two different guys with the same name. I'd like to think that it's the same guy and he's just incredibly talented.

Okay thanks.

Xenoflare

The E3 PQ trailer is disappointing. It's just the Japanese footage with a crappy subtitle overlay.

The gameplay is from the Japanese version too, the menus are cut out so people wouldn't notice, and the all out attack still had Japanese on the effect.

Still no release date.

:/

Tiu Neo

I'm glad that Atlus doesn't show stuff off years in advance as well.

I didn't expect him to understand Japanese haha. I was just saying that he could get the game in his hands if he really wanted to.

Oh, it seems distant to me, not distant to release. There are at least three more Persona games to be hyped about before I can think about P5 :p

Even if I knew Japanese, importing games would be too expensive to me, here. I'll wait until the american version, and hope that they release it on PSN, so I can get it for cheaper :(

The PQ arrange CD says Atsushi Kitajoh.

Acid08

Banned
The closer we get to Sony's conference the more I hope P5 shows up in some way. I'm still not expecting it but holy shiiiiiiiiit if it was there....

redhairedking

The closer we get to Sony's conference the more I hope P5 shows up in some way. I'm still not expecting it but holy shiiiiiiiiit if it was there....

I doubt we'll see anything significant. The best case scenario is we see the preview Atlus showed a few months back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom