• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

She sounds decent as him from what I heard.

Also:

taZHlhq.png

Not Megumi Ogata level

tumblr_inline_n6wgu1Uwod1s2easc.gif

On the bright side, the voice acting on Junpei and Yukari is really strong

FluxWaveZ

Ack, why is it that logic and pessimism must always prevail over dreams and optimism? It's why I'm always chained to the former.

I will say, though, that I'm surprised they didn't have a PS3 montage. There are two ways they could have done it, and I think Sony went with the smartest and best way with just focusing on the PS4 and the new hotness. That's better than dedicating a segment to the PS3, and there were a bunch of PS3 trailers in the theaters for the pre-show.

Nice Flux, they replied to your question

Not the "right" one, though.

Just tuned in. I suppose it's been going on for an hour or so?

FluxWaveZ

Which one was the right one?

I feel like they're working their way up, so it should be coming up.

They never fixed it in Blazblue so...

Ugh. Arcsys should hire some actual sound guys. Hell, pull one of those guys off Youtube who extend songs to do it for them. At the very least make them longer than an average three round fight, my god.

They fixed it in P4AU with the first release in arcades.

Edit: Haha, unless Yu Namba was being sly, that one character people were clinging to for a P4AU appearance won't be happening.

FluxWaveZ

Which one was the right one?

The one that just got asked about region locking. They can't even confirm all of the regions right now? That's some bull...

I refuse to give up!

And poor Flux, I guess the majority of the voters were right :p

Indeed. Doesn't always work that way, but ah well. The Sony conference was great, so it's cool. Plus, Yu Namba just said that we'll see Persona 5 eventually, so... great...

Xenoflare

The one that just got asked about region locking. They can't even confirm all of the regions right now? That's some bull...

I have a feeling that he might be avoiding this question, although I kinda understand if that's the case though.

It could be that he knows about it but cannot comment on it.

Xenoflare

Indeed. Doesn't always work that way, but ah well. The Sony conference was great, so it's cool. Plus, Yu Namba just said that we'll see Persona 5 eventually, so... great...

It's kinda amazing that P5 is coming out in Japan by the end of the year and we know nothing besides the first reveal trailer.

Well, there is still TGS.

Fuck. Hate I missed this.

I watched a bit of the stream at the beginning, but I hope it's archived. Had enough of streams today, despite all the fun announcements.

If it doesn't get archived at the very least you could expect it uploaded to youtube wednesday. Those guys are usually good with monday shows being up wednesdays, and tuesday shows going up on thursday.

todd360

Welp no Persona 5 reveal. Looks like I was wrong. Sorry for hyping the possibility up everyone. Also no Last Guardian wtf/sigh.

I had fun going to the theater. It was worth going for sure.

Levito I might be able to give you a spare destiny alpha code if your interested. I owe you for all the podcast help you gave me haha. I won't have it until Thursday though I think.

PK Gaming

Fuck. Hate I missed this.

I watched a bit of the stream at the beginning, but I hope it's archived. Had enough of streams today, despite all the fun announcements.

For those that missed it:

Rise performs a short ranged grab and has her persona trap the enemy in a force field.
The music then changes to PURSUING MY TRUE SELF, and the Rise player is placed into a rhythm game. There's a bar that fills up depending on how well you perform, and the damage you deal is dependent on the bar. Less than half charge deals low damage, while a medium charge (more than 50% I think) deals ludicrous damage (Around 3900!). We haven't seen the max charge, but we can assume that it deals a ton of damage.

FluxWaveZ

Going to watch through it now, but what I gather from comments of the stream is that:

- Ken was shown playable via CPU character, most likely voiced by Mona Marshall
- More Rise gameplay, including unblockable grab rhythm game super + underwhelming IK. Also had a bit of her theme.
- Newest P4 character won't be part of the E3 build
- There is potentially a rematch option that may or may not be exclusive to the E3 demo
- All of the voice acting for the game has been completed
- That P3 character deconfirmed (or are they really?)
- Final character select screen as predicted from the one in the Famitsu scan.
- Showed English movesets for Rise, Yukari and Junpei

Also, apparently Fitzgerald was in the chat saying she's working on PQ.

Squire

Banned
For those that missed it:

Rise performs a short ranged grab and has her persona trap the enemy in a force field.
The music then changes to PURSUING MY TRUE SELF, and the Rise player is placed into a rhythm game. There's a bar that fills up depending on how well you perform, and the damage you deal is dependent on the bar. Less than half charge deals low damage, while a medium charge (more than 50% I think) deals ludicrous damage (Around 3900!). We haven't seen the max charge, but we can assume that it deals a ton of damage.

I think Mr. Namba said there're actually 3-4 songs that can play.

This is the greatest ever.

Oh my god I love ASW.

Xenoflare

Did you ever play through route E of the first game? It's tradition to shoehorn bullshit in at the very last moment.

I read Dark Id's playthrough instead. But I do know that Drakengard games does stupid shit to frustrate the player at the last moment.

Drakengard 1 and 3 had the rhythm game, 2 forces a difficulty bump on all subsequent playthroughs, Nier deletes all your saves.

Drakengard 3 takes it to another level. It adds funky camera angles the notes are still playing when the screen is dark.

Xenoflare

PS: am I just overthinking this? because by the looks of it, Rise's awakening super is a bit op and could be considered unfair due to it's damage potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom