• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Rise's Awakening Super: Version 2 (50%+ charge)

riseawakeningsuper2e8ioz.gif

Note the damage (3900)

FluxWaveZ

PS: am I just overthinking this? because by the looks of it, Rise's awakening super is a bit op and could be considered unfair due to it's damage potential.

Overthinking. Way too early to say stuff like that, especially for an unblockable command grab that seems to be highly telegraphed and have slow startup.

It's lengthy and annoying. Seems more like a gimmick super at first glance than anything else.

Oxiderous

Neo Member
PS: am I just overthinking this? because by the looks of it, Rise's awakening super is a bit op and could be considered unfair due to it's damage potential.

The potential for damage is high but delivering that high a damage consistently is a challenge. Combined with UltraDavid/JChen commentary on how difficult it was to set up the super in a combo, I see this super having little application outside of flair.

Rhapsody

Banned
There's also the fact it might be like Liz's super where it's not 0 frames post super flash.

(I didn't watch the stream archive yet, so I could be wrong if they cleared it up)

FluxWaveZ

Got a little heads up from someone special.

Excuse me if this is old.

For NA, of course.

zYtLijz.jpg

Oh neat, hopefully they're some pretty good quality tarot cards. Bummer there's only 11 of them, though.

And if P4AU's release date is not known tomorrow, I won't know what to think anymore.

Xenoflare

Oh neat, hopefully they're some pretty good quality tarot cards. Bummer there's only 11 of them, though.

And if P4AU's release date is not known tomorrow, I won't know what to think anymore.

The earlier Ultimax releases the earlier Q releases. Or so I believe.

It has to be end of August or early September.

FluxWaveZ

The earlier Ultimax releases the earlier Q releases. Or so I believe.

It has to be end of August or early September.

The BB leak was September 16, the current placeholders are September 30... I would think it'd have to be one of those, but I guess early October might happen if we're unlucky. I think we'll have to wait until November for Persona Q, seeing how they haven't even finished voice recording yet.

Gematsu has an article on the LE up. Seems that the cards start from XI, so it won't include The Fool, The Magician or the other iconic ones.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
So no makoto confirmed? not gonna lie im a little disapointed but i guess that it would ruin P3 so.... I thought he could be a NPC in story at least but..

Xenoflare

The BB leak was September 16, the current placeholders are September 30... I would think it'd have to be one of those, but I guess early October might happen if we're unlucky. I think we'll have to wait until November for Persona Q, seeing how they haven't even finished voice recording yet.

Gematsu has an article on the LE up. Seems that the cards start from XI, so it won't include The Fool, The Magician or the other iconic ones.

Yeah, like I said earlier, November is the best bet for Q. I the date won't be released until the localization is 100% complete.

Now that's dumb.... why would they opt not to include the more iconic arcanas?

Xenoflare

So no makoto confirmed? not gonna lie im a little disapointed but i guess that it would ruin P3 so.... I thought he could be a NPC in story at least but..

why would anyone want him back why can't people accept that he's dead

FLAME SHIELD SET AT ULTIMAX

FluxWaveZ

We don't know. Confronted by the question, there's not much one could say that wouldn't make people go nuts. Evasiveness, confirmation, deconfirmation... it would make people react strongly either way, and only the last one could be a lie seeing as how it's the only one that wouldn't make them look bad if it turned out to be one.

Now that's dumb.... why would they opt not to include the more iconic arcanas?

It does say set #2, though, so maybe set #1 will be including in some other way with something else?

Fluxwave, Amazon has the CE for PQ up http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KVRK39A/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Now the date is very likely a placeholder, but it's Nov 30th. About a week or so later than P4G

That's definitely some placeholdery business, especially since Nov. 30th is a Sunday. November is basically all but confirmed at this point, though. September -> November is an interval of two months, kinda like what the Japan side might be doing. January for P4D would be pretty neat.

Xenoflare

That's definitely some placeholdery business, especially since Nov. 30th is a Sunday. November is basically all but confirmed at this point, though. September -> November is an interval of two months, kinda like what the Japan side might be doing. January for P4D would be pretty neat.

Judging by normal release trends, it's likely to be on Nov 25th. A Tuesday.

Xenoflare

Sure, but at least Fog gets to be a selectable BGM now. And maybe the IK theme will be customizable.

I'd take the Fog as a regular theme than an insta-kill theme anyday..

Although Shinsou was the insta-kill theme and was available in BBCS-extend, so I think Time to Make History could be a regular theme as well.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
We don't know. Confronted by the question, there's not much one could say that wouldn't make people go nuts. Evasiveness, confirmation, deconfirmation... it would make people react strongly either way, and only the last one could be a lie seeing as how it's the only one that wouldn't make them look bad if it turned out to be one.

Yeah but he didn't seem to be lying the way he said it

"It's a shame the P3MC isnt included in this game because of P3 ending"

Xenoflare

I'm so sorry.

The Persona 5 hype train for E3 crashed spectacularly.

.....there was one to begin with?

I thought people already assumed that the Persona related thing would be in TGS, not E3.

I'm not following the thread that closely so sorry if this comes off as ignorant.

Xenoflare

By the way, I recall some of the PQ trailers has rearranged version of the music from P3/4, you guys think it would be included in the PQ OST set from July?

Guess Who

Banned
*shrug* I think both are great, but at this point it seems like TTMH is just another thing from Golden people like to hate on. Getting kinda old.

Not trying to hate on the song in general, but hearing the first few notes of The Fog's chorus kick in when you landed an insta-kill just felt more satisfying. It's 2 AM and I can't articulate it any better, but obviously Time To Make History feels like a regular battle theme and The Fog is
a final boss theme
, they evoke very different feelings.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Had a feeling it'd be something like that. Makes for some interesting synchronicity.

I agree. Still, here's to not counting out possibilities.

As much as i want Makoto to just be in the game (story mode) i really can't believe he was lying to avoid spoiling him because if they wanted to avoid that they would of not commented at all on Makoto or more likely just avoid the question alltogether.

I'm guessing he will still just get small mentions by characters / LIZ much like in P4A

FluxWaveZ

Still not convinced P5 will be at TGS, but rather around it. The Sega acquisition and other circumstances might make it actually appear there, but their usual means of unveiling combined with all of the others they have now like the Persona Channel, PSC, Persona Magazine, a dedicated P5 unveil stream or whatever else sound like more likely options. I still think it has to be a 4-month min. interval, so if they don't show it by the time P4AU is released over there, I will be certain that it's going to be a 2015 release.

Might make a thread about whether or not TGS 2014 might turn out to be good once the E3 stuff dies down. Seems that there are a bunch of notable games this time that "might be at TGS."

Xenoflare

Still not convinced P5 will be at TGS, but rather around it. The Sega acquisition and other circumstances might make it actually appear there, but their usual means of unveiling combined with all of the others they have now like the Persona Channel, PSC, Persona Magazine, a dedicated P5 unveil stream or whatever else sound like more likely options. I still think it has to be a 4-month min. interval, so if they don't show it by the time P4AU is released over there, I will be certain that it's going to be a 2015 release.

Might make a thread about whether or not TGS 2014 might turn out to be good once the E3 stuff dies down. Seems that there are a bunch of notable games this time that "might be at TGS."

Didn't the red chair teaser confirmed a 2015 release for the west? It's within the year with no quarters specified.

I have a feeling that Persona 5 will most likely be talked about and revealed near the end of Dancing All Night Trailer stuff like they've been doing for each game
Persona Q had a good few months of info with bits and pieces coming out about P4U, and now P4U is doing the same and i bet will get bit and pieces of info throughout the summer about P4D. Would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom