• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

What was your bet again?

Bet with kewlmyc, where my stance was that Persona 5 would be mentioned or shown at the Sony press conference under any circumstances (which means even a flash of the teaser we've seen, the words "Persona 5" appearing on screen or anything minor like that).

Mostly due to optimism, but I was also surprised that no time at all was dedicated to the PS3 during the conference, which is where I thought a super brief mention would have been done for it along with any upcoming PS3 exclusives.

Dantis

The best E3 booth:
Bpy0IAUCQAAT27l.jpg:large

It is surprisingly accurate.

Such a minor annoyance to me when I replay a Persona game, but you guys know what 5 needs? More than 8 spaces for you to name your character. I can never fit my last name.

pirata

There is no reason to think this whatsoever.

I don't know why you thought that P5 would get shown at E3.

Atlus said that they would release more information on P5 in early 2014...which has pretty much passed us by. There was also heavy hinting by mods and others in the know that P5 would show up during E3 2013...which didn't happen. I thought that since this would probably be the last E3 Sony ever talked about PS3 stuff, that it would appear there as the last, great, lauded exclusive...but they didn't mention the PS3 at all. And besides, Persona 5 is a bigger deal than a lot of the stuff they dedicated time to at the conference (Entwined, etc.).

It's mostly just the deep pessimism bred by countless years of waiting for info on the two games I'm probably most interested in, Persona 5 and The Last Guardian. They were the games I was looking forward to last year...and the year before that....and the year before that....and the year before that...

Xenoflare

Atlus said that they would release more information on P5 in early 2014...which has pretty much passed us by. There was also heavy hinting by mods and others in the know that P5 would show up during E3 2013...which didn't happen. I thought that since this would probably be the last E3 Sony ever talked about PS3 stuff, that it would appear there as the last, great, lauded exclusive...but they didn't mention the PS3 at all. And besides, Persona 5 is a bigger deal than a lot of the stuff they dedicated time to at the conference (Entwined, etc.).

It's mostly just the deep pessimism bred by countless years of waiting for info on the two games I'm probably most interested in, Persona 5 and The Last Guardian. They were the games I was looking forward to last year...and the year before that....and the year before that....and the year before that...

...really?

I was under the impression that the red chair trailer is the only thing we have for P5, Atlus is rather secretive on it's status. I've never heard of anything official until it was revealed. Other than the "we are working on it" and "it will happen eventually" talk going on during interviews.

FluxWaveZ

...really?

I was under the impression that the red chair trailer is the only thing we have for P5, Atlus is rather secretive on it's status. I've never heard of anything official until it was revealed. Other than the "we are working on it" and "it will happen eventually" talk going on during interviews.

They talked about Persona 5 a fair bit in the #Re:birth issue of Persona magazine last year.

...really?

Yep. He's right. On November 28, 2013's issue of Dengeki PlayStation, Hashino revealed the plot themes for P5, and other minor details, and said we'd see more on P5 in the start of the year. He also talked about plot themes in the #Re:birth issue of Dengeki Persona Magazine.

Xenoflare

Yep. He's right. On November 28, 2013's issue of Dengeki PlayStation, Hashino revealed the plot themes for P5, and other minor details, and said we'd see more on P5 in the start of the year. He also talked about plot themes in the #Re:birth issue of Dengeki Persona Magazine.

Well now I'm disappointed, it seems like they broke their promise. I'm still waiting for the eventual meltdowns that will happen when the character designs are released.

I just realized how big Persona became in the west, it's still a niche game, but the hype is unprecedented compared to the last few years.

FluxWaveZ

I do recall them saying they'd have more to show at the beginning of 2014, you're right. I don't care about inside info about it being shown anywhere, so I wouldn't look too deeply into that, though. It's true that Persona 5 could have a bigger significance than some games they showed off at their E3 press conference yesterday, but it's also currently a PS3 exclusive, which they didn't dedicate anytime to at all (so it'd be a bit weird for P5 to have its own segment for the console).

Xenoflare

I do recall them saying they'd have more to show at the beginning of 2014, you're right. I don't care about inside info about it being shown anywhere, so I wouldn't look too deeply into that, though. It's true that Persona 5 could have a bigger significance than some games they showed off at their E3 press conference yesterday, but it's also currently a PS3 exclusive, which they didn't dedicate anytime to at all (so it'd be a bit weird for P5 to have its own segment for the console).

Mhmm, now a delayed release date doesn't seem so far off now.

Even Xillia 2 got their E3 trailer, and Atlus has nothing.

FluxWaveZ

Mhmm, now a delayed release date doesn't seem so far off now.

Even Xillia 2 got their E3 trailer, and Atlus has nothing.

Persona 5 hasn't been shown at all anywhere. Tales of Xillia 2 was released in Japan two years ago. Atlus's process is pretty much the Japan side showing off the major info, and the Atlus USA showing off some of that farther down the line. It would be momentous for them pulling something like an E3 trailer when nothing's even been shown in Japan.

Hard to delay a game we don't have a release date for, yet. Nebulous release window stretches into March 2015.

Xenoflare

Persona 5 hasn't been shown at all anywhere. Tales of Xillia 2 was released in Japan two years ago.

Hard to delay a game we don't have a release date for, yet. Nebulous release window stretches into March 2015.

I was talking about the Japanese release date, sorry for being unclear.

Xenoflare

Lusankya

Well, we got new infos in February.
http://pepsimangb.tumblr.com/post/75579145179/and-heres-the-complete-and-final-version-of-the
Otherwise it was always clear that we wouldn't see a thing of P5 at the E3, so I don't know why you got your hopes up.

Xenoflare

Welp, there goes a chance to get a cool 3DS XL model, at least the special edition is really neat

Well, 3rd party LE 3DS/XL rarely sees the daylight outside of Japan, the only LE hardware we have are always Nintendo 1st party. (Pokemon X/Y, Zelda, Yoshi).

I do agree though it's a shame. I also would loved the SMT IV edition XL.

Lusankya

No, that was from the #Re:birth magazine, originating in December 2013. Pepsiman (who's a user here) decided to translate it since no one else did, early in 2014.

Ah, didn't know it took people so long to translate that.
Anyway it was also only 3 months before the releases of P3 and P4 before we got any concrete info on the games, so I am not worried at all.

Xenoflare

Man, that type-0 situation, what an emotional roller coaster.

I hope so! Maybe we'll get some P5 information by then, since the distance between the release dates isn't that big.

I was out of the loop until the correction happened, it sounded too good to be true to begin with though. Hindsight is 20/20.

Whoever's made the mistake is going to have some fun.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
so is the last story mode going to be Adachi or Liz? cos one of these two might have their story intergrated into their respective casts story (Adachi - P4, Liz - P3)

Xenoflare

By the way, Sony gave no love to the Vita, No real screentime for E3, Vita TV named to PlayStation TV.

At least P4G justified it for me, and Freedom wars is on the horizon

No Dancing All Night either.

Dantis

I hope so! Maybe we'll get some P5 information by then, since the distance between the release dates isn't that big.

I'm confident that we'll see some P4D soon. We have to.

so is the last story mode going to be Adachi or Liz? cos one of these two might have their story intergrated into their respective casts story (Adachi - P4, Liz - P3)

You should probably say what this is a spoiler for, rather than just having a black bar as a post.

Tiu Neo

By the way, Sony gave no love to the Vita, No real screentime for E3, Vita TV named to PlayStation TV.

At least P4G justified it for me, and Freedom wars is on the horizon

No Dancing All Night either.

Eh, the Vita is pretty much dead on the West. At least we get some pretty good niche games.

I'm confident that we'll see some P4D soon. We have to.

...or it COULD be stealth released with little to no info :D (Nah, I know it probably won't happen).
I hope we get a lot of info soon, though. I'm dying to know what they did with the other characters.

BTW, no new info on FExSMT too, right? At this point, I'm thinking THIS one is vaporware.

Tamanon

Banned
Considering English Ken and Rise are in the E3 build, we're getting a really quick turnaround for translation here. Get it done as quick as possible to have the resources for P5 translation!

FluxWaveZ

Considering English Ken and Rise are in the E3 build, we're getting a really quick turnaround for translation here. Get it done as quick as possible to have the resources for P5 translation!

That's how it is always done for ASW games. Even BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, which was released 6 months in Japan before North America, had English voices in the Japanese version. They did the same with P4A as well. They haven't even started localizing Persona 5 because they most likely literally can't from what Yu Namba said yesterday as well as what the PR rep. said a week ago on the Twitch chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom