• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

$49.99 USD for PQ huh?

Then that means $54.99 for Canada!

LAMEEEEEEEEEE

Gamestop probably would bump it to $59.99. They are the only retailer in Canada that would actually bump the price for existing games

Well whatever, I'm buying it anyways.

P4U and P5 is probably going to be $69.99, all before that 12% tax.

Ew.

FluxWaveZ

The deals are not applicable if pre-ordering in stores right?

For the E3 2014 deal? Nope, just online. Though, to make sure one gets the games day 1 and as early as possible, they can buy the game in stores at FS/BB and, when they receive their online copy, they can use that to return it to the store.

Fluxwave, Amazon Canada has the CE for PQ at $80, and the regular edition at $50, hopefully other retailers like EB and BB would follow suit and not bump the price.

Can't imagine they'd get away with that crap. PQ is already $10 more than other 3DS games, boosting it $10 above that would be shit.

Xenoflare

Fluxwave, Amazon Canada has the CE for PQ at $80, and the regular edition at $50, hopefully other retailers like EB and BB would follow suit and not bump the price.

FluxWaveZ

So I don't think delusion has taken full control of my mind yet, but let me suggest this regarding what Yu Namba said during the P4AU stream (P3 Spoilers):

So Yu's answering a question about how new playable characters had been decided for P4AU and he's saying stuff that makes sense and which I had somewhat heard from the Japan side, in that it is aligned with the game's canon, relevance to the story and because it gives them a chance to show off how the characters have evolved and grown since their respective games. Okay.

So am I weird in thinking that
the transition—where he immediately pinpoints the P3MC not being included being sad—is kind of jarring? I'm no PR expert but, if put in his situation, is it odd that I think I would just keep my mouth shut about it, or that it wouldn't even cross my mind if he isn't playable? He even straight up spoils the game's story to make that passing comment that no one would have actually cared about had he not talked about it.

Also trying to avoid the dumb pseudo-analysis I was criticizing earlier, but
I can't help but notice how he starts smiling right when he talks about how "it's sad" or how he messes up his sentence by going "...is inclu–" before catching himself and going "is not included in this game."

Eh, itsnothing.gif; This is what happens when Atlus practically has no substantial info on their new stuff. Wonder how that signing's going to go tomorrow. There's also always the weekly P4AU trailer...

Dantis

So I don't think delusion has taken full control of my mind yet, but let me suggest this regarding what Yu Namba said during the P4AU stream (P3 Spoilers):

So Yu's answering a question about how new playable characters had been decided for P4AU and he's saying stuff that makes sense and which I had somewhat heard from the Japan side, in that it is aligned with the game's canon, relevance to the story and because it gives them a chance to show off how the characters have evolved and grown since their respective games. Okay.

the transition—where he immediately pinpoints the P3MC not being included being sad—is kind of jarring? I'm no PR expert but, if put in his situation, is it odd that I think I would just keep my mouth shut about it, or that it wouldn't even cross my mind if he isn't playable? He even straight up spoils the game's story to make that passing comment that no one would have actually cared about had he not talked about it.

I can't help but notice how he starts smiling right when he talks about how "it's sad" or how he messes up his sentence by going "...is inclu–" before catching himself and going "is not included in this game."

Eh, itsnothing.gif; This is what happens when Atlus practically has no substantial info on their new stuff. Wonder how that signing's going to go tomorrow. There's also always the weekly P4AU trailer...

Gonna be honest Flux, this sounds like madness.

Dantis

Speaking of Arena, I'm going to play through all the story modes (because I've not done a single one on the PS3 version). What would be the best order to play them in, do you think?

I've seen them all before, I just don't know what order would be the best to see the story and also not get bogged down by repetition.

Well that's impossible if you want to do them all!

In terms of unlocking and lead ins:
1. Start with either Chie or Yosuke
->
2. Choose between Chie, Yosuke, or Teddie (minus the one you've already saw of course)
->
3. Naoto
->
4. Labrys
->
5. Yu Narukami
->
6. Mitsuru
->
7. Elizabeth
->
8 - 9. Akihiko and Aigis

kewlmyc

Calm down, Flux. You're scaring the children.

Tiu Neo

Wouldn't surprise me if (P3 Spoilers + PQ & P4U Speculation )
Makoto and finding a way to save him was the link between Persona Q and P4 Ultimax's story, if both are canon. Something like making the characters bound in Persona Q, then giving their memories of that time back in P4U, ending in the entire cast trying to save him.

...or maybe it's just crazy.

Tiu Neo

I'm getting the vibe that non of us believe that
P3MC
won't be in P4AU, right?

If this game really is the final chapter in the P3+4 story... Then I think it's there's a strong possibility that he'll appear somehow in the game, non-playable.

Playable? Maybe as DLC,
if somehow they get him back. Not sure if it will happen.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
If this game really is the final chapter in the P3+4 story... Then I think it's there's a strong possibility that he'll appear somehow in the game, non-playable.

Playable? Maybe as DLC,
if somehow they get him back. Not sure if it will happen.

Yeah i just want him in story mode TBH on disc. He can be added via DLC later for vs mode

So P-CH has been updated today, but it's just more PQ stuff.

And more info about this:

06976e5e6a7f367abd84a924c9d92c4133ab.jpg

I imagine it will just play out like Emmanuelle Through Time.

Wouldn't surprise me if (P3 Spoilers + PQ & P4U Speculation )
Makoto and finding a way to save him was the link between Persona Q and P4 Ultimax's story, if both are canon. Something like making the characters bound in Persona Q, then giving their memories of that time back in P4U, ending in the entire cast trying to save him.

...or maybe it's just crazy.
As much as I'd hope that this is true, I think it's wayy too good to be true aha.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth 187,000 units sold during its opening week.

Persona Q pushed 3DS LL platform sales to 31,000 this week, an extra 12,000 units compared to last week.

Sophia

.... what the hell is going on here? XD

Also it's nice to see Persona Q did well despite sales for everything else doing pretty awful.

.... what the hell is going on here? XD

Also it's nice to see Persona Q did well despite sales for everything else doing pretty awful.

This page just got... weird XD

I wonder how well will P4AU sell. I'm not sure if it'll sell as well as Q during its first week, but I guess it will sell well in the long run.

We need an SMT mod for Doom now. All the original demon sprites and the like.

Though I wouldn't play it 'cos Doom is terrible, it would sure be nice to see.

FluxWaveZ

So... Will we learn something new with this week's Famitsu? When does it come out?

No. We knew there wouldn't be anything when there weren't any substantial leaks yesterday and Famitsu had already written a preview article about their upcoming issue on the Persona Q section.

The latest Famitsu issue is already out, too.

Gonna be honest Flux, this sounds like madness.

Funny reading back on that now since I was pretty tired when I wrote it, but yes, that is nonsense.
Makes sense that he would talk about how a prominent and popular Persona character isn't part of the roster.

No. We knew there wouldn't be anything when there weren't any substantial leaks yesterday and Famitsu had already written a preview article about their upcoming issue on the Persona Q section.

The latest Famitsu issue is already out, too.

Oh, cool, didn't know that. I kind of had enough news for one week :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom