• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who obsesses over news and carefully keeps track of all Persona related news, it's been a pretty disappointing week in that regard.

Oh, I was talking about gaming news in general. I agree with you, it could have been a better week for Persona news, especially regarding the english voices in PQ. That really was disappointing.

FluxWaveZ

Don't know when it was updated, but Persona Dengeki now shows off the new #June issue of Persona Magazine.

Spoilers in there for Persona 4. Basically looks like a recap of information we know, as per usual, with some interesting tidbits here and there.

Edit: And yes, the Persona Q sales are awesome to see. For a spin-off game in a gameplay context relatively different from the modern series on a platform a Persona game has never been on before. Persona 5 will be massive (in Japan).

arue

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth 187,000 units sold during its opening week.

Persona Q pushed 3DS LL platform sales to 31,000 this week, an extra 12,000 units compared to last week.

I was expecting PQ to sold around this number but I am surprised that it actually reached my expectation.

I expect P5 to sell at least 200k on its first week.

DNAbro

I was expecting PQ to sold around this number but I am surprised that it actually reached my expectation.

I expect P5 to sell at least 200k on its first week.

Seems way to low compared to how much the series has grown. In expecting AT LEAST 300k day one. 500k is my over optimistic guess.

FluxWaveZ

Seems way to low compared to how much the series has grown. In expecting AT LEAST 300k day one. 500k is my over optimistic guess.

What games over there have sold over 500k for a first Media Create listing?

500k sounds impossible. 250k-350k sounds about right.

Sophia

It was supply constrained according to various sources (including Atlus themselves) and it's the middle of a summer lull where virtually everything else was doing poorly in Japan. Almost 200k is amazing.

I'm talking about that english trailer for PQ that didn't have voices at all. That was disappointing for me.

They did the same thing for the previous trailers. The voice work is probably unfinished for PQ still.

187,000 units is a fantastic number. 300 - 500k in a day is extremely unrealistic. Id expect 500k-600k would be the overall sales(including western sales)

Id expect a similar or lower number for P4D and P4AU. I do believe P5 has the potential to reach at least a million sales worldwide.

FluxWaveZ

How did FFXIII do?

1.5 million

Managed to pre-order P5 as part of the E3 deal.
Ir9BRrE.png
Interesting placeholder date for PQ. It's a Tuesday, too. I'd say it's probably pretty accurate, w/ max. 1-2 weeks off the mark.

FluxWaveZ

Huh. we can pre-order it now?

Care to explain the 'E3 Deal'?

Kinda explained it a few pages back. Unless you live in Canada, you can't take advantage of it. It's a deal during E3 where we can save a lot of money pre-ordering certain titles (approximately 30% when one pre-orders 3 games or more).

They haven't added Ultimax or Dancing to their list yet, which sucks (just asked them to add P4AU, P4D, GGXrd and DR2). Still don't get why Atlus isn't giving us the release dates; Yu Namba clearly knew what P4AU's was when he was talking on the stream on Monday.

kewlmyc

Kinda explained it a few pages back. Unless you live in Canada, you can't take advantage of it. It's a deal during E3 where we can save a lot of money pre-ordering certain titles (approximately 30% when one pre-orders 3 games or more).

They haven't added Ultimax or Dancing to their list yet, which sucks. Still don't get why Atlus isn't giving us the release dates; Yu Namba clearly knew what P4AU's was when he was talking on the stream on Monday.

So only for Canada? Damn...

Just a heads up, as it may have been lost in the E3 madness, but SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2 is available on NA PSN as a PS2 classic for $9.99. Webstore link.

Also, Persona 4 Arena (both vanilla and Ultimate editions) and its individual DLC are on sale again. The Ultimate version includes all the DLC. Vanilla is $14.99 and Ultimate is $22.49. Vanilla here, Ultimate here.

Here's the PlayStation Blog post if you wanna see the full update! Cheers!

Oh, I was talking about gaming news in general. I agree with you, it could have been a better week for Persona news, especially regarding the english voices in PQ. That really was disappointing.

To be honest the PQ trailer didn't even look like an English build of the game - the blue boxes make it look like they just put subtitles over the Japanese cutscenes.

FluxWaveZ

Shocked that Atlus hasn't done a P4Q or P4U walkthrough with one of the media outlets.

I remember a few years back, Arram Jabbari was everywhere with Arena.

The lack of any media makes me envision the Atlus USA booth being deserted, aside from the Teddie slave collapsed on the floor and the two representatives sitting at their booths desperately looking around.

That's not the case, though, since the picture John L. Hardin tweeted made it seem popular enough. I think even Conan O'Brien wandered there and picked up one of their bags?

Soejima's even about to start signing shit in, like, 10 minutes. Guess it's just real silent for any of us who aren't there.

Edit: Ha, shit, Best Buy and Future Shop upped the price of Persona 5 from $49.99 to $69.99. Knew it would happen, though that was pretty quick. Glad I jumped in when it was cheaper; something comforting about knowing I'll be getting P5 for $35.71.

Yeah i mentioned the exact same thing earlier. I looked around at some websites'floor schedules and they don't seem to be in any of them. Gonna have to wait for written impressions I guess /: Colin from IGN is probably gonna do it, he mentioned during the Sony conference that he was going to see "some atlus games".

Dunno if this has been brought up, but does anyone know if the P4AU pre-order bonuses of the bop bag/tarot card are Gamestop only or for all retailers? The email showed all of the retailers, but Amazon's site doesn't show it while Gamestop makes it look like it's exclusive to them.

kewlmyc

Dunno if this has been brought up, but does anyone know if the P4AU pre-order bonuses of the bop bag/tarot card are Gamestop only or for all retailers? The email showed all of the retailers, but Amazon's site doesn't show it while Gamestop makes it look like it's exclusive to them.

Gamestop always does that. It'll be on Amazon soon enough. Calm you ass.

abrack08

The lack of any media makes me envision the Atlus USA booth being deserted, aside from the Teddie slave collapsed on the floor and the two representatives sitting at their booths desperately looking around.

That's not the case, though, since the picture John L. Hardin tweeted made it seem popular enough. I think even Conan O'Brien wandered there and picked up one of their bags?

Soejima's even about to start signing shit in, like, 10 minutes. Guess it's just real silent for any of us who aren't there.

Edit: Ha, shit, Best Buy and Future Shop upped the price of Persona 5 from $49.99 to $69.99. Knew it would happen, though that was pretty quick. Glad I jumped in when it was cheaper; something comforting about knowing I'll be getting P5 for $35.71.

Yeah I saw the Conan mention. Hopefully it's for a new E3 version of Clueless Gamer, and Teddie/Atlus makes an appearance. I'm sure he has some funny stuff to say about Teddie.

I don't think we'll know for sure until the rest of the preorder bonuses and premium edition are announced.

Acid08

Banned
I know I can be a jerk at times, but an ass!? Kewl pls ;~;

:p

Also has any P4DAN footage been shown yet? I have not been keeping up with this thread enough during E3, too many streams :(
As far as I know no one has even said what of P4D is being shown which is beyond frustrating. It's disappointing enough that they've decked their booth and badges out with P4D stuff and are maybe only showing a seven month old trailer.

I think we'll definitely get an
Adachi
trailer tomorrow.

Its a shame the game isn't being covered by the media at E3. It needs more marketing rather than just relying on youtube uploads.

bonercop

Speaking of Arena, I'm going to play through all the story modes (because I've not done a single one on the PS3 version). What would be the best order to play them in, do you think?

Yu > Pick one of these: Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko > Teddie > Kanji(if you want -- it's not story relevant but its not a total repeat like some of the other stories.) > Watch the beginning parts(until they enter the tv) of Naoto and the P3 cast > pick one P3 character to finish the story with(ideally pick the person that overlaps with the story of who you chose among the Yukiko/Chie/Yosuke group) > Labrys ending > Yu ending > Whoever you picked on the P3 side ending

Bam. I just made P4A's story suck 15.6% less!

FluxWaveZ

I think we'll definitely get an
Adachi
trailer tomorrow.

Its a shame the game isn't being covered by the media at E3. It needs more marketing rather than just relying on youtube uploads.

Most likely.

As you noted, I do remember Aram Jabbari going from media outlet to media outlet in the past to talk all about the latest Atlus games, which is something I don't feel has been replicated yet. They'll probably still have whatever advertising budget is reserved for P4AU to devote to things like that in the future, though. The IGN video they did before E3 was excellent, the UtraChenTV segment on Monday was fantastic as well and they'll be going to EVO 2014.

I'd really just love it if the Japanese and North American websites could be updated at the same time, with the same content. That doesn't seem like an outlandish prospect, right? I guess it's just that it goes deeper into the complexity of Atlus Japan and Atlus USA's relationship, making for simultaneous publicizing like that impossible.

Elizabeth? She was one of the best stories for me.

Sophia

Yu > Pick one of these: Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko > Teddie > Kanji(if you want -- it's not story relevant but its not a total repeat like some of the other stories.) > Watch the beginning parts(until they enter the tv) of Naoto and the P3 cast > pick one P3 character to finish the story with(ideally pick the person that overlaps with the story of who you chose among the Yukiko/Chie/Yosuke group) > Labrys ending > Yu ending > Whoever you picked on the P3 side ending

You could make it even simpler really: Yosuke > Teddie > Aigis/Mitsuru > Labrys > Finish Yosuke or Teddie > Finish Aigis or Mitsuru.

Consider the others optional as needed. :p

---

Yosuke, Teddie, Aigis, and Mitsuru have the highest quality story modes.

Akihiko, Yu, Chie, and Naoto aren't quite as good, but are still decent.

Kanji's isn't really story relevant at all, but it's pretty funny.

Yukiko's story mode is a joke so bad even she wouldn't laugh at it.

Labrys is mandatory regardless of who you pick, and Elizabeth's story is optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom