• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonercop

Elizabeth? She was one of the best stories for me.

I knew I forgot something... Yeah, her story is alright and actually pretty important to what P4A seems to be setting up.
You could make it even simpler really: Yosuke > Teddie > Aigis/Mitsuru > Labrys > Finish Yosuke or Teddie > Finish Aigis or Mitsuru.

Consider the others optional as needed. :p

Yu's story isn't great, but he's got that tease with Margaret about P4AU and it's probably going to be the closest thing to a "canon route" P4AU will build off.

Yukiko's story mode is a joke so bad even she wouldn't laugh at it.

The only thing people are gonna remember about Yukiko's story is this...
Yukiko_Amagi_(Persona_4_Arena,_Story_Mode_Illustration,3).jpg

Also this....
ibcwrKHJm0EK7J.gif

I wanna say that the canon story route will end being Aigis or Yosuke. Those two were my favorite and I think they matched up well with the fewest inconsistencies.

todd360

Is it possible to get the hardcore Rise fan trophy, and the all social links done trophy, annnnnndddd the read all books trophy in one run? Note that all stats such as courage are maxed out.

I kinda want to get the Playstation TV when it comes out here so I can play Golden on a tv. That sounds so cool. Thought that I would do a speed run on easy or whatever to try and platinum the game.

I tried the books trophy on my first ans second run and managed to screw up the book thats given to you both times. Even did the soccer version of the social link.

I wanna say that the canon story route will end being Aigis or Yosuke. Those two were my favorite and I think they matched up well with the fewest inconsistencies.

I think Elizabeth is the only canon one because of the story implications. For everyone else, I think there is no true canon route, but a mix of everyone.
To think only one person defeated the ME while the others just stood by and watched is a bit silly, especially for games that emphasize bonds and friendship.

kewlmyc

For those worried about what route is canon in P4A, I'm pretty sure the summary in P4AU will give us the answer since they'll have to summarize all of the route happenings into one.

bonercop

meehhhhh, this isn't an "E3-exclusive print". I'm pretty sure I've seen that piece of art before.

Anyway, still weirded out. They should have done this at PAX, not at a press event.

I liked that combination the best myself, but... come on, they're not gonna leave the protagonist's route as non-canon.

Hell, who cares. I'm sure they're going to reference bits and pieces from every story mode in P4AU and we can safely assume that the P4A story is perpetually in superposition, and only becomes a single story-route for the full length of a scene when Atlus collapses the wave function by referencing something.

FluxWaveZ

I'd say we're fueled more by desperation.

Last year was fueled by desperation. This year is fueled by hope.

I have now been unshackled from the binds of both.

meehhhhh, this isn't an "E3-exclusive print". I'm pretty sure I've seen that piece of art before.

Anyway, still weirded out. They should have done this at PAX, not at a press event.

Well, it might be a "print" one cannot get from anywhere else, officially, so the description might be apt.

Weird location for it, though, yeah.

Past

What's the general consensus on Persona Q? Don't know if I want to pay $50 for it, if it was $40 sure, but $50?! Why is it more expensive than a regular 3DS game?

arue

Damn, FFXIII sold 1.5mil on its first week??

I change my prediction then; P5 will sell at least 300k-350k on its first week.

Also nice signature Soejima.

Bp3VjIiCIAA9_4K.jpg

That signed poster is so awesome. So sad that I live on the opposite side the country :(

What's the general consensus on Persona Q? Don't know if I want to pay $50 for it, if it was $40 sure, but $50?! Why is it more expensive than a regular 3DS game?

Because a good number of us will still buy it.
;__;

Personally, I was fine with it for SMT IV because it was one month after the Japanese release. For Persona Q? It's starting to wear on me a bit, but I still have it pre-ordered.

arue

The $50 price tag doesn't really bother me because of the Tarot Cards. If it was $50 with no extra goodies, then I wouldn't have pre-order it and rather wait until price drop :/

Atlus tax

I'm wondering if it's just to cover their back end in paying for the localization of the project. Since I bet these games are not cheap to localize with all the dubbing they have to do on top of the translation of the script.

Setsu00

Actually, that's still cheaper than what you'd have to pay for the game in Europe.

Dantis

Actually, that's still cheaper than what you'd have to pay for the game in Europe.

Yup. $60 is about what we pay for new handheld games.

EDIT: Looking at Tweets about Soejima. Nobody seems to have taken a picture with him? Maybe it wasn't allowed, I dunno. Anyway, this is interesting.

Basically, the board unambigously refers to Soejima as the Character Designer of all the Persona games, and the original character designer on P4D. The wording is no different here than in the past, but what's interesting is how it makes a clear distinction.

I think Soejima isn't designing the outfits in P4D.

Nimby

Banned

How does the party system work in this game. Do you just choose who you want or is it scripted. I already picked out my bro team.

Tamanon

Banned

EDIT: Looking at Tweets about Soejima. Nobody seems to have taken a picture with him? Maybe it wasn't allowed, I dunno. Anyway, this is interesting.

Basically, the board unambigously refers to Soejima as the Character Designer of all the Persona games, and the original character designer on P4D. The wording is no different here than in the past, but what's interesting is how it makes a clear distinction.

Should get Tite Kubo for a guest spot for designing great looking outfits.

That's to keep the line moving in case if they have a large line, which I wouldn't be surprised if they had, plus he was there for only an hour-long autograph signing, so time is at a premium.

I would take a picture with him and hang it in my room. Man, I wish I could have one of those posters :(

We're wrong 99% of the time because everyone is fueled by hype and not logic

Which is why I'm willing to bet that we won't get an
Adachi
trailer tomorrow. I don't think they will show a trailer for their DLC character when there's not even a trailer for Yu or Minazuki yet.

FluxWaveZ

Which is why I'm willing to bet that we won't get an
Adachi
trailer tomorrow. I don't think they will show a trailer for their DLC character when there's not even a trailer for Yu or Minazuki yet.

Claims that the new character will be getting a trailer tomorrow are based on logic, not baseless hope. It's only a trend of one, but a precedent was set with how the process was handled when Ken Amada was included and, so far, that trend has been held for the newest character.

Still, of course, it's possible that the character might not get a trailer.

Edit: For any Canadians, Ultimax is currently $50.99 on Amazon.

Setsu00

How does the party system work in this game. Do you just choose who you want or is it scripted. I already picked out my bro team.

You get to choose which characters you want to play with. (Minor PQ spoiler)
You get the second team after finishing the first dungeon.

Thanks Flux, got it. Strange how I had it pre ordered already, but the price on that one was still 59.99. This is how amazon thanks customers for pre ordering early /:
EDIT: WOW, it's not just P4U guys. I just saved myself over 100$ in games that I want for the next year. God bless Amazon.ca.

Claims that the new character will be getting a trailer tomorrow are based on logic, not baseless hope. It's only a trend of one, but a precedent was set with how the process was handled when Ken Amada was included and, so far, that trend has been held for the newest character.

Still, of course, it's possible that the character might not get a trailer.

I agree with that precedent, but the difference here is that this new character is still a DLC character. They could focus on other characters and leave the DLC character for a date closer to the release of the game.

FluxWaveZ

EDIT: WOW, it's not just P4U guys. I just saved myself over 100$ in games that I want for the next year. God bless Amazon.ca.

Were you not aware of the E3 deals? Like I pointed out earlier, I and many others have pre-ordered Persona 5 for $35. Good thing to take advantage of.

I agree with that precedent, but the difference here is that this new character is still a DLC character. They could focus on other characters and leave the DLC character for a date closer to the release of the game.

Sure, or like you implied earlier, the character's trailer might be significant enough from a story perspective to delay it until later. Then again, most are aware that they're part of the game now and that cute little "Coming Soon" portrait on the character page isn't hiding anything, so it might be best to officially add the character to the site along with their trailer.

Dantis

I would take a picture with him and hang it in my room. Man, I wish I could have one of those posters :(

I absolutely would. I can't believe nobody got a picture with him.

When I met Blind Guardian, photos weren't allowed, so my friend took a photo as I met them. How has that not happened here? Seems insane to me.

Sure, or like you implied earlier, the character's trailer might be significant enough from a story perspective to delay it until later. Then again, most are aware that they're part of the game now and that cute little "Coming Soon" portrait on the character page isn't hiding anything, so it might be best to officially add the character to the site along with their trailer.

Well, one thing we know for sure is that it will happen, but I still think that it won't happen this week... mostly because I want to know what's the deal with Shadow Labrys or Elizabeth :p

I absolutely would. I can't believe nobody got a picture with him.

When I met Blind Guardian, photos weren't allowed, so my friend took a photo as I met them. How has that not happened here? Seems insane to me.

I wonder the same thing... In fact, I wonder how many people actually went to their booth to meet him.

Dunbar

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask, but I'm getting ready to jump into Persona 3 Portable for the first time, and it's my first Megaten/Persona game. Are there any beginner's tips or is there somewhere I can look for basic starting off help? I want to play as blind as possible the first time, so I'm more looking for stuff an experienced player would know but a new person wouldn't, or for things I could easily screw up without being aware of it. Thanks.

Nimby

Banned
Not sure if this is the best thread to ask, but I'm getting ready to jump into Persona 3 Portable for the first time, and it's my first Megaten/Persona game. Are there any beginner's tips or is there somewhere I can look for basic starting off help? I want to play as blind as possible the first time, so I'm more looking for stuff an experienced player would know but a new person wouldn't, or for things I could easily screw up without being aware of it. Thanks.

-Don't hang on to the MC's starter persona. As soon as you can fuse personas, don't be afraid to get rid of him.

-Know how time works in this game. Going back to your dorm automatically advances time to Evening. Many activities advance time as well.

-Save regularly. Dark and light skills can insta-kill you and that can cause a lot of frustration.

-Be sure to analyze weaknesses and take advantage of them. Also, your personas have weaknesses and strengths as well. Keep a close eye on that.

I went into this game blind as well, you'll learn from your mistakes and realize the best way to handle situations soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom