• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, take a picture of yourself with flash on, the flash forms a shadow behind you which then forms into your persona.

So plausible it hurts to think about.

---

tumblr_n70i0pRSJt1tztqygo2_400.jpg

Somebody get the drill from the carpark and meet at the safe :p

Would have been awesome to meet this guy. I would have shaken his hand, or given him a hug or something. His artwork is truly some of the best in the japanese industry (imo)

zrNJEgn.png

It's.....Minazuki.

No THAT New P4AU Character video this week. but DLC episode added.

A little disapointed that it wasn't
Adachi,
but Evil Sho sounds like a badass x100.

Here is a preview of Persona Magazine #Spring via Dengeki.

That magazine looks so sik. Would love to own it.

Caladrius

Probably magically enhanced blonde hair extensions that summon the persona when said metalhead headbangs with enough sincerity.

Would buy 5 copies.

Revelations: Mitsuo is in P4AU, so all of the P3 and P4 battle themes are in except for The Genesis and Burn My Dread -Last Battle- (and the Reincarnation version of I'll Face Myself Battle, if that counts).

Excellent (Except for the latter, that needs to be fixed immediately.)

I'm not sure how many of those are even good "fightan" songs though. Can't kick someone's ass to the tune of "Never More" or "Heaven".

Yep, there's some songs on there that I'm not 100% sure about. But then I see Shadow World and realise that I won't be playing any other song so it doesn't matter.

Levito

Banned
It was a really good E3, all the the companies had great showings. By far the most excited for Bloodborne though, it's everything I wanted out of a new souls game.

Bayonetta 1 being packaged with Bayonetta 2 has sold me on a Wii U. Never finished Bayonetta 1 because the PS3 version is such trash.

Apparently the Teddie at Atlus's booth actually has someone inside. My managing editor is at the show and he got a picture with Teddie, said thanks and heard the faintest and saddest "sure" from inside the suit.

Man, that Minazuki trailer... Not only there's a scene with Shadow Labrys, but if I'm not mistaken he actually mentions (P3 spoilers maybe?)
Ikutsuki
when he's talking to Mitsuru, right?. It's going to be interesting to read Pepsiman's subs.

Also, I'd love if they add Burn My Dread -Last Battle- and I'll Face Myself - Reincarnation-. Those are two of my favorites battle songs. Pls Atlus.

Apparently the Teddie at Atlus's booth actually has someone inside. My managing editor is at the show and he got a picture with Teddie, said thanks and heard the faintest and saddest "sure" from inside the suit.

Poor Teddie... I feel bad for the guy inside the suit.

kewlmyc

Bayonetta 1 being packaged with Bayonetta 2 has sold me on a Wii U. Never finished Bayonetta 1 because the PS3 version is such trash.

It's what convinced me to trade in my 360. It's the only 360 game I had left to play and now we're getting one with Bayo 2.

I'm trading it in today at Gamestop for money toward the White PS4 bundle.

I'm gonna guess the P4AU EU release is going to be most likely 2015? Why does EU get such bad treatment?

Er, dude they haven't even announced the release date even for NA so I think you should stop jumping the gun that it's going to be delayed for a good while. As we have seen ATLUS with their latest projects try to be more closer to the NA release, yeah mostly being digital only, but it's a step in the right direction. I think at this point there testing the waters of distribution in Europe by themselves. Even if it's only digital.

Also I would like to point this out, bringing over a game to the EU is still just a difficult and long process as bringing it over to the US. You have to develop a stable build of the game, has to be rated, tested, debugged, talking and making deals with distribution channels for it be sent to retail. There is a lot of work that has to be done in bringing a game over there to retail.

arue

zrNJEgn.png

It's.....Minazuki.

No THAT New P4AU Character video this week. but DLC episode added.

Minazuki sounds much better than Sho. There is no more "Coming Soon" on the P4AU website, so does that mean we have all of the characters now, (including DLC characters)?

P3 spoilers
Now I am sure that Yu Namba wasn't being sly and P3MC will never be a playable character :(

It's actually one of four petite women.

I am a petite woman, hire me next time :D

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
You heard wrong. I can confirm that the European release date will be in the year 3040.

It will also be a digital release that is overpriced.

Tinnitus+_4adf72562420235d6412b398c7800c74.png

Er, dude they haven't even announced the release date even for NA so I think you should stop jumping the gun that it's going to be delayed for a good while. As we have seen ATLUS with their latest projects try to be more closer to the NA release, yeah mostly being digital only, but it's a step in the right direction. I think at this point there testing the waters of distribution in Europe by themselves. Even if it's only digital.

Also I would like to point this out to EU fans, bringing over a game to the EU is still just a difficult and long process as bringing it over to the US. You have to develop a stable build of the game, has to be rated, tested, debugged, talking and making deals with distribution channels for it be sent to retail. There is a lot of work that has to be done in bringing a game over there to retail.

I'm not its just seeems they are prioratizing NA before EU.

FluxWaveZ

Minazuki sounds much better than Sho. There is no more "Coming Soon" on the P4AU website, so does that mean we have all of the characters now, (including DLC characters)?

P3 spoilers
Now I am sure that Yu Namba wasn't being sly and P3MC will never be a playable character :(

That's been gone from the site for 2 weeks now. It's still an uncertainty because, again, there were the reasons discussed such as what DLC cards #036 and #037 entail and the fact that they wouldn't be telegraphing a last major character as much as they did with the newer one. I don't think a new character is going to happen, though.

Of course they are, just like how Japan is prioritized before NA or EU. They're kind of based in NA.

Ah okay, yeah I get your point in what your saying. TBH, i wish that both markets were given equal treatment in terms of the game being released. But I do get that ATLUS USA's hands are kinda tied in terms of that. It's just an unfortunate situation all around.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
That's been gone from the site for 2 weeks now. It's still an uncertainty because, again, there were the reasons discussed such as what DLC cards #036 and #037 entail and the fact that they wouldn't be telegraphing a last major character as much as they did with the newer one. I don't think a new character is going to happen, though.

Of course they are, just like how Japan is prioritized before NA or EU. They're kind of based in NA.

So do you think
Makoto
is at least going to be an npc story character/appearance?

arue

I missed the discussion with the DLC, so I went back and check what you said some days ago to see what's the deal with these DLC cards. I don't know if DLC cards #36 and #37 will contain new characters or not, but I agree with you that there will be no more new characters.

I'm just going to wait until #36 and #37 are revealed instead of cracking my head trying to speculate everything.

I'm so dissapointed with the lack of coverage on Atlus' stuff at E3. I feel like I know just as much as I did before they even went there. No gameplay demos, nothing.

I'm so dissapointed with the lack of coverage on Atlus' stuff at E3. I feel like I know just as much as I did before they even went there. No gameplay demos, nothing.

I'm disappointed that P4D art was on their badges but... Nothing. Oh well, I was glad to see that all the previous VAs will be reprising their roles for Ultimax.

As for the DLC cards, I don't see why it couldn't be Koromaru. He has his own versus and character art that are completely separate from Ken. Also, would it make much sense for them to put a future DLC character on a card to redeem the first one. That'd be pretty confusing to the average player.

As for the DLC cards, I don't see why it couldn't be Koromaru. He has his own versus and character art that are completely separate from Ken. Also, would it make much sense for them to put a future DLC character on a card to redeem the first one. That'd be pretty confusing to the average player.

That's what I suggested at first: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114828820&postcount=12149

But then Flux did point out the number
Adachi
is. Would be rather odd to have Koromaru come last.

I'm aiming more towards foil cards: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114829300&postcount=12152 & http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114830134&postcount=12158

FluxWaveZ

That could be strange, yeah... unless the playable character wasn't DLC. In any case, there's no way that it's Koromaru unless the number of the character Lollipop Dave pointed out changes.

I don't know if DLC cards #36 and #37 will contain new characters or not, but I agree with you that there will be no more new characters.

Well, I wouldn't say that either. Things are oft unpredictable, and even though I'm currently leaning towards there being none for stuff like the final character screen's design, the possibility is still there.

Absolutely disgraceful performance by Atlus at E3. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Persona games need to be marketed and presented as much as possible in order to do well.

John Hardin, you need to step your game up and show off the upcoming titles as much as possible.

We've only had Ultimax on Ultrachen (a small youtube/twitch channel), and that was by the localisation guy. Public relations need to do a better job.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Aram Jabbari was everywhere when Arena and Golden were coming to the west.

FluxWaveZ

AWe've only had Ultimax on Ultrachen (a small youtube/twitch channel), and that was by the localisation guy. Public relations need to do a better job.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Aram Jabbari was everywhere when Arena and Golden were coming to the west.

You're ignoring the IGN video and the IGN article. There is also an upcoming GameSpot video. They also confirmed that they will be at EVO 2014 with the game.

You're ignoring the IGN video and the IGN article. There is also an upcoming GameSpot video. They also confirmed that they will be at EVO 2014 with the game.

Got a link to the upcoming gamespot vid?

It would be kool if they could go mainstream with the advertising as much as possible. It's certainly kool that Ultimax will be at EVO, but then again, that's only viewed by semi to hardcore fighting game fans. It also doesn't explain what is happening with the marketing and PR for PQ and Dance. Unless ive missed something, i have no idea why Dance was even at E3?

FluxWaveZ

Got a link to the upcoming gamespot vid?

It would be kool if they could go mainstream with the advertising as much as possible. It's certainly kool that Ultimax will be at EVO, but then again, that's only viewed by semi to hardcore fighting game fans. It also doesn't explain what is happening with the marketing and PR for PQ and Dance. Unless ive missed something, i have no idea why Dance was even at E3?

The GameSpot video is upcoming.

And I want these games to do as well as anyone and have as many people know about their existence and buy them, but it's not like they have the resources to go crazy, either. First, there's no PQ or P4D media because those games are a long way off. PQ is most likely mid-late November and P4D is some time in 2015, so it doesn't matter if they're publicized right now or not. The Japanese side hasn't even really begun publicizing P4D yet.

As for P4AU, it started with the IGN video and article which, again, were excellent. IGN is one of the biggest video game media websites and that video and article were made by someone who has a lot of knowledge about the game and highlighted what was new about it. Then there was the UltraChenTV stream, which was rather popular and was also fantastic in terms of showing off certain aspects of the game and the general Q&A. Then there's E3, where I'm sure a lot of people got to get their hands on P4AU and play the game, not to mention a bunch of P4AU posters being given out thanks to Soejima's presence. A bunch of media posted about the pre-order bonuses for P4AU, a GameSpot video will be up at some point and then they'll be going to EVO, the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, to publicize their game.

What else do you want them to do? They just started really showing it off when the IGN video came out about a week ago; give them time. I'd love it if the English P4AU website was updated alongside the Japanese one and English trailers were posted simultaneously along with the Japanese ones on Thursdays, but it's not as though they're not doing anything in terms of marketing the game.

The GameSpot video is upcoming.

And I want these games to do as well as anyone and have as many people know about their existence and buy them, but it's not like they have the resources to go crazy, either. First, there's no PQ or P4D media because those games are a long way off. PQ is most likely mid-late November and P4D is some time in 2015, so it doesn't matter if they're publicized right now or not. The Japanese side hasn't even really begun publicizing P4D yet.

As for P4AU, it started with the IGN video and article which, again, were excellent. IGN is one of the biggest video game media websites and that video and article were made by someone who has a lot of knowledge about the game and highlighted what was new about it. Then there was the UltraChenTV stream, which was rather popular and was also fantastic in terms of showing off certain aspects of the game and the general Q&A. Then there's E3, where I'm sure a lot of people got to get their hands on P4AU and play the game, not to mention a bunch of P4AU posters being given out thanks to Soejima's presence. A bunch of media posted about the pre-order bonuses for P4AU, a GameSpot video will be up at some point and then they'll be going to EVO, the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, to publicize their game.

What else do you want them to do? They just started really showing it off when the IGN video came out about a week ago; give them time. I'd love it if the English P4AU website was updated alongside the Japanese one and English trailers were posted simultaneously along with the Japanese ones on Thursdays, but it's not as though they're not doing anything in terms of marketing the game.

Cheers for the link.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens with the marketing in the coming months. Still think their E3 presence was piss poor though.

Absolutely disgraceful performance by Atlus at E3. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Persona games need to be marketed and presented as much as possible in order to do well.

John Hardin, you need to step your game up and show off the upcoming titles as much as possible.

We've only had Ultimax on Ultrachen (a small youtube/twitch channel), and that was by the localisation guy. Public relations need to do a better job.

I get that you're upset over what was/wasn't shown at E3, but Atlus is a smaller company and I don't doubt that they're doing their best with what they have/can do at the moment.

Also, consider the fact that Hardin and Nich both post on GAF/here from time to time, it doesn't really look good for our community because you didn't get a trailer you wanted or what have you.

In the words of the esteemed Buddha0991 "Let's all be excellent to each other.". We're all big Persona fans and we're all a generally positive, great community, and, no offense to you (if anyone else were to do it, I'd probably write up something similar) but we should make sure to reflect what a good community we are.

Acid08

Banned
But really guys, what P4D stuff did they show :( even if it's just the first trailer again, I need to knoooooooooooow

Edit: oh, I guess this was kinda answered above. Little disappointed we didn't get anything but oh well, not the end of the world. Really hope some info comes out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom