• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the meaning behind her arcade title? Did I forget something that happened in P3?

I think it's just related to her bad temperament and how she is scary when she becomes angry.
Bp-hGCWCYAASPdF.jpg:large

Man, this looks amazing! Way better than the original too:

WZB1iMj.png

Squire

Banned
I thought her title was just a reference to how she easily gets incensed by what other people do, mostly via Junpei in P3, or other things that happen.

You could right, that's just my read on it.

I'm assuming in the context of the story she's not a very good actress.

vs. Yukari said:
Forever caught up in the moment, huh? You can't live without depending on someone else, you worthless human being!

vs. Junpei said:
Thinking you can turn it around with just one good shot? If it were up to you, we'd fail for sure, so why don't you just watch from the sidelines like you usually do?

vs. Yu said:
Don't put on the face of such an incompetent leader.

Shadow Junpei with dat ether.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I have no intention of watching it because Japanese variety show, but they just announced the timing for the next episode of Persona Stalker Club and I find the episode title, 「キャベツ畑でつかまえて」, very delightfully fitting given the episode's apparent focus on Adachi, as it translates to "Catcher in the Cabbage."

Adachi and his obsession with phonies indeed~

PS: I'll get around to that Sho trailer sometime tonight. Just a lot of personal stuff going on and work that needs to be taken care of first.

FluxWaveZ

I have no intention of watching it because Japanese variety show, but they just announced the timing for the next episode of Persona Stalker Club and I find the episode title, 「キャベツ畑でつかまえて」, very delightfully fitting given the episode's apparent focus on Adachi, as it translates to "Catcher in the Cabbage."

Adachi and his obsession with phonies indeed~

PS: I'll get around to that Sho trailer sometime tonight. Just a lot of personal stuff going on and work that needs to be taken care of first.

Hey, that's soon. Might have some P4AU gameplay, if we're lucky.

In Minazuki's trailer, I found this scene interesting:
With Rise and Ken's Shadows missing along with the fact that Shadow Labrys is not a veiled silhouette—inferring that she's the "real" Shadow Labrys—it makes me think that this scene is kind of taking place before the events of P4A or concurrently.

With Rise and Ken's Shadows missing along with the fact that Shadow Labrys is not a veiled silhouette—inferring that she's the "real" Shadow Labrys—it makes me think that this scene is kind of taking place before the events of P4A or concurrently.

You're right. Yukari and Junpei's Shadows are also missing.Prob takes places after he kidnaps Labrys and puts her in the TV and before the initital broadcast of the Grand Prix video of the Midnight Channel, since it doesn't look like Rise is there.. It looks like Sho expected all of these IT and Shadow Operative members and he is explaining the plan and instructions of the Grand Prix to Shadow Labrys.

Meia

Yeah, looks like your typical "Meeting of the bad-guys" that happens before things kick off.

You're right. Yukari and Junpei's Shadows are also missing.Prob takes places after he kidnaps Labrys and puts her in the TV and before the initital broadcast of the Grand Prix video of the Midnight Channel, since it doesn't look like Rise is there.. It looks like Sho expected all of these IT and Shadow Operative members and he is explaining the plan and instructions of the Grand Prix to Shadow Labrys.

But this doesn't quite fit either. This has to happen after the events of P4A, but before P4AU. It can't be something that happens before P4A since the bad guys knew nothing of the SO's involvement, they were just planning for the IT's.

There has to be some reason why Shadow Labrys is free afterall, and I think this will be the scene that shows how she's back in the first place, along with SHO bringing back all of the other member's shadows for whatever reason.

Maybe whatever force played the IT's shadows in P4A then has to do the same in P4AU with the new peeps because they weren't expected to be there. Or was it the case all along that the shadows in P4A were the same beings as the ones in P4AU, because I don't get that vibe...

PK Gaming

Sho: Starting from today, you are going to be my bottom bitch

Shadow Labrys: ...

Sho: I'm gonna put you on the corner, but before I do, you're gonna have to be in training with my current bottom bitch,
Malovent Entity
. You got that?

Shadow Labrys: ...

But this doesn't quite fit either. This has to happen after the events of P4A, but before P4AU. It can't be something that happens before P4A since the bad guys knew nothing of the SO's involvement, they were just planning for the IT's.

There has to be some reason why Shadow Labrys is free afterall, and I think this will be the scene that shows how she's back in the first place, along with SHO bringing back all of the other member's shadows for whatever reason.

Maybe whatever force played the IT's shadows in P4A then has to do the same in P4AU with the new peeps because they weren't expected to be there. Or was it the case all along that the shadows in P4A were the same beings as the ones in P4AU, because I don't get that vibe...

Oh yeah, you're right. S. Labrys didn't expect the Persona 3 gang to show up in P4A so their Shadows couldn't have been there. The Shadows in P4A were also just S. Labrys in disguise, so the new ones must be different since there are a lot of them at the same time.

FluxWaveZ

The Shadows in P4A were also just S. Labrys in disguise, so the new ones must be different since there are a lot of them at the same time.

This isn't true. Shadow Labrys only
disguised herself as General Teddie and maybe fake Rise, but no one else. The Malevolent Entity was everyone else's Shadows.

Every Shadow in Ultimax, with the exception of the real one that is Shadow Labrys, are composed of mook Shadows (so they sparkle and disappear when they're defeated).

disguised herself as General Teddie and maybe fake Rise, but no one else. The Malevolent Entity was everyone else's Shadows.

Oh, really? I always thought
S. Labrys dissapeared as Shadow Teddie, took form of the character's Shadow, was defeated, dissapeared and returned as Shadow Teddie. I only thought ME was Shadow Kanji because he wasn't at the studio room.

Meia

Every Shadow in Ultimax, with the exception of the real one that is Shadow Labrys, are composed of mook Shadows (so they sparkle and disappear when they're defeated).

Actually, it's entirely possible that all of the shadows are now going to be the ones that disappear when defeated, shadow labrys included since she shouldn't "exist", much like the other ones.
That the only ones not in those shots are the ones from the new characters tells me that scene has to take place after Arena but before AU, and that the ME will probably have to play as the shadow versions of those new characters.

...yeah, I'm really looking forward to this game. :D

FluxWaveZ

Actually, it's entirely possible that all of the shadows are now going to be the ones that disappear when defeated, shadow labrys included since she shouldn't "exist", much like the other ones.

I just meant what they're composed of, since both Shadows are of a different nature. (Persona 4 spoilers)
Teddie, for example, is another type of Shadow added into the mix that is different from one of those mook Shadow amalgamations or an OG TV Boss Shadow.

This thread made me think how incredible an Atlus E3 presentation would be. It'd be simply amazing, whether they were on stage or it was an online event. A red "5" would appear on screen at some point, and then the words "Etrian Odyssey" would slowly appear on the left.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
This thread made me think how incredible an Atlus E3 presentation would be. It'd be simply amazing, whether they were on stage or it was an online event. A red "5" would appear on screen at some point, and then the words "Etrian Odyssey" would slowly appear on the left.

Send them a resume with a link to your Ken trailer subs and I'm sure you'll be hired on the spot to plan the whole thing. Judging by how many reblogs on Tumblr my own subs got after yours wrecked their havoc there, you clearly have a magic touch for Atlus-based chaos. ;D

PK Gaming

So... Are General Teddie + Fake!Rise manifestations of
the M.E
or are they the result of
Shadow Labrys
again.

I wonder how Rise feels about being sexually exploited by a shadow. Again

FluxWaveZ

Send them a resume with a link to your Ken trailer subs and I'm sure you'll be hired on the spot to plan the whole thing. Judging by how many reblogs on Tumblr my own subs got after yours wrecked their havoc there, you clearly have a magic touch for Atlus-based chaos. ;D

I'll learn Japanese, travel to Japan, work as a P Studio intern for a bit, climb the ranks and finally be in a position to prepare the greatest E3 presentation of all time.

Atlus-based chaos, huh... I like it. Need to do more of that. I was pretty into that fake P4AU tease and those Ken subs I did.

Meia

So... Are General Teddie + Fake!Rise manifestations of
the M.E
or are they the result of
Shadow Labrys
again.

I wonder how Rise feels about being sexually exploited by a shadow. Again

Obviously the answer is angry enough that her freaking persona resolved so she can harm things. :p

And dunno. Shadow Rise could in fact be the same shadow type that the others have in this game, and general Teddie could be the same as the first too.
Probably more of a chance that shadow Teddie is the ME this time, though I think the ME is going to be SHO here...

PK Gaming

Obviously the answer is angry enough that her freaking persona resolved so she can harm things. :p

And dunno. Shadow Rise could in fact be the same shadow type that the others have in this game, and general Teddie could be the same as the first too.
Probably more of a chance that shadow Teddie is the ME this time, though I think the ME is going to be SHO here...

Well whoever it is, they obviously have a serious case of suppressed sexual desire + a bear fetish.

*coughShadowLabryscough*

Moonlight

Banned
That Etrian Odyssey 5 thing is actually the best idea I've heard all day, and it's a shame it'll never happen.
Junpei vs. Yosuke:
"Somehow, I think I'm startin' to warm up to you, kid. Next time, let's sit down and have a nice long chat."
Friendship among bros. I love it.

Someone has been translating win quotes from the Japanese arcade version of Ultimax.

Find it here.

Shadow Akihiko vs. Akihiko:
"Is this the end of your escapism that you call 'training'? The death that awaits you after this is nothing but reality!"

Wow ouch, this is one of my favorites alongside....

Shadow Junpei vs. Yosuke:
"Oh, you're the guy who didn't make the lead in this one, right?"

I couldn't stop laughing at this one.

Dantis

Huh. Some SHO quotes (spoilers?):

"I'm going to protect that child. I'll kill anyone who tries to interfere."
"All I wanted to do was protect her. But...that has nothing to do with you people."

I think it's safe to say that the common assumption of who he is is wrong.

Dantis

These quotes are very old; they date from at least January or February. We've known that there is a girl Sho wants to protect for a long time, now. What is the common assumption of who he is?

Did most people not think that it was Nyarlathotep? Because protecting someone pretty much confirms that it isn't.

These quotes are very old; they date from at least January or February. We've known that there is a girl Sho wants to protect for a long time, now. What is the common assumption of who he is?

It could possibly be the girl that Labrys' units were based off of, unless I'm mistaken.

FluxWaveZ

Nyarly
Did most people not think that it was Nyarlathotep? Because protecting someone pretty much confirms that it isn't.

That's the common assumption? I didn't know that. I'm not sure it's one held by people who've followed the P4AU story info real closely thus far.

If anything right now, the assumption is that
Sho and potentially Minazuki are Ikutsuki's insurance
, but I'm not sure what evidence there is to substantiate Sho being Nyarly anymore. That assumption was made real early on; now things are different and there's so much more info than just that win quote to base it off of.

Edit: Interestingly, the upcoming episode of Persona Stalker Club will be live streamed. I'm not sure that's happened before since episode #0, which had immediately followed the Persona reveal event last year. Also, being an Adachi focused episode, a lot of the questions asked to the Persona staff will be about Adachi, and they'll also be taking questions for his VA.

(P4 spoilers)
His P4AU portrait appears on the Niconico page, which might be promising concerning the presence of gameplay footage.

Meia

That's the common assumption? I didn't know that. I'm not sure it's one held by people who've followed the P4AU story info real closely thus far.

, but I'm not sure what evidence there is to substantiate Sho being Nyarly anymore. That assumption was made real early on; now things are different and there's so much more info than just that win quote to base it off of.

Well, it comes from people believing that the ME from the first game and SHO are one in the same, but that could be largely incorrect. I believe that the ME is
Nyarly mainly because of actions and the VA's being the same.

We still really don't know who SHO is.
Sho's win quotes make it sound like it's his shadow that he's actually partnering with or something.

Dantis

I haven't been following Ultimax's story, so it was news to me. :p

I think it's safe to say that the common assumption of who he is is wrong.

Well, it comes from people believing that the ME from the first game and SHO are one in the same, but that could be largely incorrect. I believe that the ME is
Nyarly mainly because of actions and the VA's being the same.

Yeah pretty much, it was ME who I at least think is
Nyarly

It could possibly be the girl that Labrys' units were based off of, unless I'm mistaken.

This could be plausible.

Moonlight

Banned
If Sho's a robot like I think he is, then the girl that Labrys is based on strikes me as a very likely possibility, as she has a lot to do with the whole mechanical maiden angle in general.

If Sho's a robot like I think he is, then the girl that Labrys is based on strikes me as a very likely possibility, as she has a lot to do with the whole mechanical maiden angle in general.

And the girl she is based on will turn out to be
Makoto's long lost sibling

:3

-------------

Persona music available on aeroplanes during flights?

https://twitter.com/p_kouhou/status/477378301275566080

BpVKklIIEAEbir-.jpg

Good to see the best song is available.

BqALM_VCUAAlkOa.jpg

http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=138

Pursuing My True Self『ペルソナ4』より
Wiping All Out『ペルソナ3 ポータブル』より
Best Friends『ペルソナ4 ジ・アルティメット イン マヨナカアリーナ』より
Time To Make History『ペルソナ4 ザ・ゴールデン』より
When The Moon's Reaching Out Stars『ペルソナ3』より
Your Affection『ペルソナ4 (Never More-Reincarnation: PERSONA4-)』より
Joy『ペルソナ3』より
Deep Breath Deep Breath『ペルソナ3』より
Reach Out To The Truth (Moonbug REMIX)『ペルソナ4(AT1st~Persona3&Persona4~Club Arrange)』より
Time『ペルソナ3 ポータブル』より
Heartbeat,Heartbreak『ペルソナ4』より
Shadow World『ペルソナ4 ザ・ゴールデン』より
MAZE OF LIFE『ペルソナQ シャドウ オブ ザ ラビリンス』より

Moonlight

Banned
So is this a 'greatest hits' collection with just a handful of remixes? That's... a little disappointing.

Also what is up with that album art.

Meia

Of the 13 songs, 8 are Persona 4 related too. 3 of them are from Golden, 1 from Arena, and the others from the vanilla OST. This is such an odd selection...

Someone is definitely going to have to explain that album art to me.

Something something Rise senpai thirst....

Moonlight

Banned
Maybe... Rise wants to drink milk for a bigger bust or something, and Yu comes in with the cow like 'hell yeah'? That makes sense to me.

In as much as a sentence like that can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom