• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I typed up a long response to this, but it boiled down to "for the sake of visiting vendor reps, who had probably never seen any of the things all the rest of us knew about since February."

Yeah, I guess we are spoilt with all the news, leaks and speculation from Japan.

FluxWaveZ

I get that you're upset over what was/wasn't shown at E3, but Atlus is a smaller company and I don't doubt that they're doing their best with what they have/can do at the moment.

Also, consider the fact that Hardin and Nich both post on GAF/here from time to time, it doesn't really look good for our community because you didn't get a trailer you wanted or what have you.

In the words of the esteemed Buddha0991 "Let's all be excellent to each other.". We're all big Persona fans and we're all a generally positive, great community, and, no offense to you (if anyone else were to do it, I'd probably write up something similar) but we should make sure to reflect what a good community we are.

I don't think I agree with this. We don't have an obligation to suck up to Atlus or what they do—even if we have staff posting on our forums—and if someone has criticisms regarding their actions and/or behavior, it doesn't somehow reflect poorly on our community as long as those criticisms are coherent and thoughtful.

I can understand where he is coming from. I don't agree that their E3 presence was poor since their booth was apparently pretty popular, so it was most likely great for those that were there, but for Persona enthusiasts who like to get new information concerning the upcoming releases and who weren't at E3, there was practically nothing of substance for us coming out of the event.

It's also weird to cite Buddha in this instance, since he has particularly been pretty vocal about his dislike of what Atlus had to show following this E3.

I get that you're upset over what was/wasn't shown at E3, but Atlus is a smaller company and I don't doubt that they're doing their best with what they have/can do at the moment.

Also, consider the fact that Hardin and Nich both post on GAF/here from time to time, it doesn't really look good for our community because you didn't get a trailer you wanted or what have you.

In the words of the esteemed Buddha0991 "Let's all be excellent to each other.". We're all big Persona fans and we're all a generally positive, great community, and, no offense to you (if anyone else were to do it, I'd probably write up something similar) but we should make sure to reflect what a good community we are.

My opinion is my own and I dont think it reflects the community in any shape or form. I think my view is an objective criticism. Then again, i guess it is easy to forget that Atlus are a much smaller company compared to others, so fair point.

I don't think I agree with this. We don't have an obligation to suck up to Atlus or what they do—even if we have staff posting on our forums—and if someone has criticisms regarding their actions and/or behavior, it doesn't somehow reflect poorly on our community as long as those criticisms are coherent and thoughtful.

I can understand where he is coming from. I don't agree that their E3 presence was poor since their booth was apparently pretty popular, so it was most likely great for those that were there, but for Persona enthusiasts who like to get new information concerning the upcoming releases and who weren't at E3, there was practically nothing of substance for us coming out of the event.

It's also weird to cite Buddha in this instance, since he has particularly been pretty vocal about his dislike of what Atlus had to show following this E3.

Real talk.

FluxWaveZ said:
but for Persona enthusiasts who like to get new information concerning the upcoming releases and who weren't at E3, there was practically nothing of substance for us coming out of the event.

The seemingly large presence of P4D with little to show is my major critism/let down from this. All the pre-e3 tease/cards I was hoping for something.

Yes, I have been vocal, but I do also understand that Atlus is a small company. My vocalness is more towards how they should try to work on EU relations and stuff, I wasn't really dissapointed by their E3 actually. Some good EU friends of mine are angry about SMTIV being digital only after all this time, one in particular kind of quitting the fandom rip.

Sophia

He's not really saying that we have an obligation to suck up to Atlus just because their employees post here. Rather, that it's simply a bit rude to call them out with such a demanding attitude. You wouldn't call anyone else here by real name over something, so why would you think it's okay just because they're Atlus employees?

We can have criticism of Atlus's E3 showing without attacking their personal character, as Lelouch did. Certainly we can agree that the jab at Hardin's job performance was uncalled for, yes?

He's not really saying that we have an obligation to suck up to Atlus just because their employees post here. Rather, that it's simply a bit rude to call them out with such a demanding attitude. You wouldn't call anyone else here by real name over something, so why would you think it's okay just because they're Atlus employees?

We can have criticism of Atlus's E3 showing without attacking their personal character, as Lelouch did. Certainly we can agree that the jab at Hardin's job performance was uncalled for, yes?

Agreed.

And I do think we should all be excellent to each other, of course.

Also, I don't see why you pulled Buddha's feelings into this. It's cool if he's not thrilled with Atlus's E3 showings. He just has the tendency of positivity/"Be excellent to each other" and THAT'S what I mean when I quoted him with that.

But whatever

FluxWaveZ

I must have glossed over personal attacks, because I agree with this. If that's what Smedwicks' reply revolves around then, yeah, I mainly agree with that since we are not in a position to know how they operate internally and how much effort they devote to certain things. Like Smedwicks said, I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt that they are trying their best as a smaller company (which was mainly the gist of my first reply about all the stuff they're doing to promote P4AU).

Also, I don't see why you pulled Buddha's feelings into this. It's cool if he's not thrilled with Atlus's E3 showings. He just has the tendency of positivity/"Be excellent to each other" and THAT'S what I mean when I quoted him with that.

But whatever

Yeah, Sophia's reply made me understand that better, since I was approaching it from a different angle.

Edit: Ooh, I see. Yeah, definitely glossed over this:
John Hardin, you need to step your game up and show off the upcoming titles as much as possible.

Yeah, that definitely isn't cool. I get what people were talking about now, never mind what I was saying.

Style

Banned
I do not have much to say on this matter other than being understanding of a company's limitations is definitely not "sucking up".

Dantis

My only contribution to this conversation would be that Lelouch's post seemed overly harsh. The attack on Hardin was unnecessary.

Didn't mean for it to come across as a jab, rather as a comparison to how things were done with the old PR manager a few years back. Guess i could have worded it better. Then again, i didnt think my initial post would lead to a minor debate.

Well, ive said what ive said already, and i stand by it. Let's move on to another topic instead of taking this off into an edgy direction.

Apologies if anyone took offence.

edgy direction.

college_130c.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Lots of cars working on the bridge in the background too. Guess this new Dark Hour is not the same. as in P3.

Maybe, though there's the part where Yu's phone shuts off after the countdown to the appearance of the red mist in the arcade intro (along with all of the electronics shutting off, including the helicopter crashing because of it). Those probably aren't "real" cars, too.

PK Gaming

I'm sensing some seriously bad vibes here!

So to cheer you guys up, I thought i'd make up a P4U Fuuka moveset. The one I made for Rise was sort of popular, so why not? I looked to Chet's Fuuka fanart for inspiration, and I think I came up with something pretty great here.

Code:
Playstyle: Bazooka Fighter
Health: 12 000

Normal attacks:

5A: A short ranged Bazooka swing
5AA: Another Bazooka swing
5AAA: A Bazooka Shot
5B: A wide reaching Bazooka swing
2B: A vertical Bazooka swing
5C: Juno swings a Bazooka
2C: Juno swings a Bazooka upwards
5D: Juno fires a Bazooka shot
2D: Juno fires a Bazooka shot upwards

Skills:

236A (Fuuka You): Fuuka fires a strong Bazooka shot
214B (Don't Fuuka with Me): Fuuka takes a step back, then fires a Bazooka shot
236C (The Fuuka?): Juno fires a strong Bazooka shot
214D (Go Fuuka yourself): Juno throws her Bazooka

SP Skills

236236A/B (What the Fuuka?): Fuuka fires a heavy Bazooka shot
214214A/B(Awakening) (I don't give a Fuuka): Fuuka and Juno fire a Bazooka shot together

Instant Kill

(Fuuka Bazooka): Fuuka runs up to the opponent and slashes them with her knife. She then fires a Bazooka shot

I spent a long time working on this. I feel like the unconventional direction is very Arcys like. Don't you agree?

I'm sensing some seriously bad vibes here!

So to cheer you guys up, I thought i'd make up a P4U Fuuka moveset. The one I made for Rise was sort of popular, so why not? I looked to Chet's Fuuka fanart for inspiration, and I think I came up with something pretty great here.

Code:
Playstyle: Bazooka Fighter
Health: 12 000

Normal attacks:

5A: A short ranged Bazooka swing
5AA: Another Bazooka swing
5AAA: A Bazooka Shot
5B: A wide reaching Bazooka swing
2B: A vertical Bazooka swing
5C: Juno swings a Bazooka
2C: Juno swings a Bazooka upwards
5D: Juno fires a Bazooka shot
2D: Juno fires a Bazooka shot upwards

Skills:

236A (Fuuka You): Fuuka fires a strong Bazooka shot
214B (Don't Fuuka with Me): Fuuka takes a step back, then fires a Bazooka shot
236C (The Fuuka?): Juno fires a strong Bazooka shot
214D (Go Fuuka yourself): Juno throws her Bazooka

SP Skills

236236A/B (What the Fuuka?): Fuuka fires a heavy Bazooka shot
(Awakening)214214A/B (I don't give a Fuuka): Fuuka and Juno fire a Bazooka shot together

Instant Kill

(Fuuka Bazooka): Fuuka runs up to the opponent and slashes them with her knife. She then fires a bazooka shot

I spent a long time working on this. I feel like the unconventional direction is very Arcys like, don't you think?

Yeah, I would definitely main FUUKA BAZOOKA. I'll probably still be a shit at fighting games, but damn it I'd have fun. ;__;

I, for one, am definitely excited for anything Persona related - at the rate we've been going so far, we've gotten a new piece of information each week. We'll get the information we desire eventually. Until then:

BCdTQxH.jpg

P4A

Wow. I didn't see the beach tie-in with Labrys' backstory until I got to the Aigis story ending.

I can't say definitively because I left many on the cliffhanger, but Aigis, Yosuke and Labrys' stories were the best reads.

Elizabeth next.

Vivi239

Neo Member
I'm gonna preorder both P4A Ultamax and Persona Q. I've wanted those Persona themed tarot cards so bad for a LONG time >_>;;;

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Absolutely disgraceful performance by Atlus at E3. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Persona games need to be marketed and presented as much as possible in order to do well.

John Hardin, you need to step your game up and show off the upcoming titles as much as possible.

We've only had Ultimax on Ultrachen (a small youtube/twitch channel), and that was by the localisation guy. Public relations need to do a better job.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Aram Jabbari was everywhere when Arena and Golden were coming to the west.

Is this a joke?

Please tell me this is a joke.

Squire

Banned
Absolutely disgraceful performance by Atlus at E3. I really hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Persona games need to be marketed and presented as much as possible in order to do well.

We've only had Ultimax on Ultrachen (a small youtube/twitch channel), and that was by the localisation guy. Public relations need to do a better job.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Aram Jabbari was everywhere when Arena and Golden were coming to the west.

UO1IMG1.jpg

Meia

Yukari is bad with kids.

Ironic fate.

She wasn't in P3 though, was she? We even had a scene involving a lost boy to kind of show she wasn't in one of her social links, didn't we?

Guessing her acting role has something to do with her title here(we'll probably see something at the beginning of her story mode to show this, and some kind of epilogue thing at the end of it all to see her attitude improving).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom