• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Maybe... Rise wants to drink milk for a bigger bust or something, and Yu comes in with the cow like 'hell yeah'? That makes sense to me.

In as much as a sentence like that can.

It's terrible that this was all I could think of too. I was just about to say the same thing.

It's not a great cover, regardless of meaning.

Oxiderous

Neo Member
Ah, Persona Stalker Club's compilation of songs with Engrish vocals that neither the Westerners NOR the Japanese can understand.

BqALM_VCUAAlkOa.jpg
This picture comes from this joke misinterpretation of Arena 1's opening theme Best Friends.
"Thought I knew you," -> "Sora Nyugyuu," (Here's a milk cow,)

Ah, Persona Stalker Club's compilation of songs with Engrish vocals that neither the Westerners NOR the Japanese can understand.

This picture comes from this joke misinterpretation of Arena 1's opening theme Best Friends.
I literally just laughed out loud at that last one lmfao.

Meia

Fantastic job!

IRC was getting closer to the idea, but you got it first. :)

07:31:53<DAVE> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111606415&postcount=21
<DAVE> I kinda wish it was this
<Meia> actually
<Meia> wasn't there going to be a CD of misheard lyrics they announced at the same time as they did the PQ OST?
<DAVE> that's where the post is from
<Meia> oh
<Meia> did'nt check the date, lol
<Meia> so then the coverart for that has to be some kind of sight gag based on the name or lyrics or something
<DAVE> oh didn't think of that
<DAVE> so what misheard lyrics sound like milk and cows :|
07:38:45<Meia> pepsiman may actually be the one to understand what they were going for then

What I get for not checking the board sooner. I love all of you japanese translating pgaf. <3

The best kind!

What a star, would never of guessed that.

---------------------------------------------

Schedule is up for the next Stalker Club.

http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=77

&#12371;&#12435;&#12394;&#9675;&#9675;&#12399;&#12471;&#12515;&#12489;&#12454;&#12384;&#65281;?

Misheard lyric time!

kewlmyc

That's actually make the CD pretty damn hilarious then.

kewlmyc

Man, I really dig how Persona's vocal songs have inspired misheard lyric jokes from both sides, lol.

I guess that happens when the main singers aren't the best at pronouncing English. Only one who I think is remotely decent at it from the main Persona singers is Lotus Juice.

Meia

I guess that happens when the main singers aren't the best at pronouncing English. Only one who I think is remotely decent at it from the main Persona singers is Lotus Juice.

Yeah, but that's only because even when you know the words to the songs for the most part they don't make sense put together, which is a wholly different problem and leads to you putting in different lyrics to try and make some kind of sense of what you're hearing. :p

P3Fes intro, Iwatodai Dorm, most of the battle tracks for P3, they're kind of nonsense lyrically.

Meia

Is the CD actually new mixes of the songs? Or is it just the songs they've misheard the lyrics to?

We have a fair handle on what the idea behind the CD is(more or less confirmed thanks to us now knowing what the hell was up with the cover itself), but I don't think there's any answer out there for that yet.

At best, it's probably just nonsense lyrics that match up with what the original songs were so the songs will sound very similar anyway. At worst, it's just a "greatest hits" of songs that people mishear the lyrics from the most.

Is the CD actually new mixes of the songs? Or is it just the songs they've misheard the lyrics to?

There is a section on the next Stalker Club where people can submit their misheard lyrics in. So I'm going to say it's just a collection of songs.

Google translate at it's finest.

Peru mishearing theater
Although do not know, "Who said,
There is no possibility that you can not hear certainly if Mire is said "
In music that is used in the game of persona,
A song to hear a different meaning different from the actual lyrics,
The visualization of the image as per mishearing!

When posting, from among the available song list below
· (Or being used in any game or, in any scene) Song
And parts in question "or hear if"

Please specify as much as possible.

[Peru mishearing theater / music available list]
&#9675; "Persona 3" Original Soundtrack
&#9675; "Persona 3 FES" Original Soundtrack
&#9675; "Persona 3 Portable" Original Soundtrack
&#9675; "Persona 4" Original Soundtrack
&#9675; "Persona 4 The Golden" Original Soundtrack
&#9675; "Di Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayo Naka Arena"
Original Soundtrack
&#9675; Never More - "Persona 4" Reincarnation -
&#9675; Persona Compilation CD I
&#9675; Persona Compilation CD &#8545;
&#9675; AT1st ~ Persona3 & Persona4 ~ Club Arrange
&#9675; "Persona 2 sin" PSP Original Soundtrack
&#9675; "Persona" PSP Original Soundtrack (arrival purchase bonus)

Tiu Neo

I like it!

There is a section on the next Stalker Club where people can submit their misheard lyrics in. So I'm going to say it's just a collection of songs.

Google translate at it's finest.

Mayo Naka Arena sounds delicious.

Well we know Sho and Minazuki are two different people. So Sho does not gain a persona due to the events in the story. They both also wear a Yasogami uniform. Maybe Sho is a human from Yasogami who's been watching the IT since P4, and Minazuki is a robot made to copy him? Doesn't really make much sense. I have to admit, I'm curious about the story in Ultimax.

kewlmyc

Well we know Sho and Minazuki are two different people. So Sho does not gain a persona due to the events in the story. They both also wear a Yasogami uniform. Maybe Sho is a human from Yasogami who's been watching the IT since P4, and Minazuki is a robot made to copy him? Doesn't really make much sense. I have to admit, I'm curious about the story in Ultimax.

I'm not even sure if it is or isn't the same person anymore. One of Sho's quotes to Minazuki is "Don't come out on your own" leading me to believe it's some sort of dual personality or something. Would also explain the arcade ending cliffhanger.

Meia

I'm not even sure if it is or isn't the same person anymore. One of Sho's quotes to Minazuki is "Don't come out on your own" leading me to believe it's some sort of dual personality or something. Would also explain the arcade ending cliffhanger.

Ya know, I think I've said it before, but considering what Persona is, I had always wondered what the series take would be on someone with split personality disorder. Would one have a persona while the other didn't? Would each personality have their own persona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom