• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NichM

Banned
Please don't make a big thing of this. It's a non-issue and I only spoke up about it because it was going to drive me crazy if I had to watch people make a big deal about it for months on end.

Meia

I'm still hoping for third years in high school so they have to do deal with the uber maturity of COLLEGE looming in the distance.

Squire

Banned
The way Levito and such are acting makes me suspect I'm going to feel the opposite soon enough. Time for another ban, I guess. :|

Nonono, nothing like that is gonna happen, I'm sure. We always ask each other for links. I don't think anyone wants this to become blog fodder.

Meia

Didn't we already have that in P3?

Not really. I mean, P3 had two seniors in the cast, and the juniors at least had a career day event, but then P4 has absolutely nothing of the story(the cast trends younger in that game probably on purpose for this reason).

I do think P5's cast will be mostly seniors to really show a change of tone(and it fits with the idea setup in the teaser trailer). We'll see...

Levito

Banned
The way Levito and such are acting makes me suspect I'm going to feel the opposite soon enough. Time for another ban, I guess. :|

Apologies, Nich. I was just becoming frustrated by a few people jumping to conclusions on twitter. Tweets and such deleted, please don't get yourself banned over that. :(

FluxWaveZ

Apologies, Nich. I was just becoming frustrated by a few people jumping to conclusions on twitter. Tweets and such deleted, please don't get yourself banned over that. :(

Oh. Sounds like you were making as big of a deal out of it as they were.

Huh? I made one tweet with the link Guess You(and yourself) provided. Gone now though, we don't need to be standoffish about it.

Again, apologies Nich.

I guess I thought those tweets were deleted because it was turning into this big deal, which isn't what he wanted. Guess not.

did anyone check and see if they've ever used that description for any other video game on that online store at all

because it's fucking vague enough to be a universal placeholder description, never mind one someone ginned up for P5

Levito

Banned
Oh. Sounds like you were making as big of a deal out of it as they were.

Huh? I made one tweet with the link Guess Who(and yourself) provided. Gone now though, we don't need to be standoffish about it.

Again, apologies Nich.

I guess I thought those tweets were deleted because it was turning into this big deal, which isn't what he wanted. Guess not.

The tweet got a single RT, so it didn't become "a thing". Either way, it's gone now.

FluxWaveZ

did anyone check and see if they've ever used that description for any other video game on that online store at all

because it's fucking vague enough to be a universal placeholder description, never mind one someone ginned up for P5

Nope, both the FS and BB descriptions are unique to those pages. Again, they were probably hastily made descriptions by the people responsible for creating those listings, mainly so that people could pre-order them as part of the E3 deal.

The Mass Effect 4 description, for example:
The fourth entry of the Mass Effect franchise, Mass Effect 4 for PS4, is going to take a different approach than the previous trilogy by offering gamers new worlds to explore with new characters and new features such as the new day/night cycle on the players they explore.

Someone is definitely going to have to explain that album art to me.

Maybe... Rise wants to drink milk for a bigger bust or something, and Yu comes in with the cow like 'hell yeah'? That makes sense to me.

In as much as a sentence like that can.

Yup, I'm 99.9% sure is that. I remember watching it, before that picture there was a scene with Rise imagining herself with bigger boobs, so yeah it's that. They also used the Yu and cow one next to an angry Chie portrait.

Dantis

Random fact I discovered: the chip tune remix on the PQ Arrange CD is by Kenichi Tsuchiya (who also did Shin Mitsuo Tensei). I really like that they've brought him back into compositions to do old school remixes.

I still really want to hear the proper version of Friends, as an aside. It's gotta be excellent. I actually now wonder if it's the credits theme.

Yup, I'm 99.9% sure is that. I remember watching it, before that picture there was a scene with Rise imagining herself with bigger boobs, so yeah it's that. They also used the Yu and cow one next to an angry Chie portrait.

Oh my.

Found it!

XjPmAWu.png

HCzkHOT.png

hao chi

Yeah, I recal people posting that picture from the first PSC.

So who's pre-ordered Ultimax and PQ already?

I'm still debating on which version of PQ to get, so I'm waiting on that. I'm gonna pre-order Ultimax tonight though; I need to be able to punch Teddie in the face IRL.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
There's an interview with Soejima on PQ's art, but my japanese is piss poor. maybe I'll ask pespiman

I'm not against helping out on this, although I might be a little while because this week has been exhausting. Get in touch with me via PM if you're serious about this. :)

Andrefpvs

I'll preorder the games if they are announced for Europe and we also get the Tarot cards. I've wanted those for so long, you have no idea :(

My local news, during their story on E3 today, had a shot of people playing P4AU and another of the person in the Teddie suit dancing. Pretty neat.

FluxWaveZ

Ordered blazblue for £35 and got hit with a £15 tax fee. (playasia)

Im hoping the same thing doesn't happen with this site.

VGPlus is based in Canada, so that wouldn't happen (at least not nearly as much). I've also had a bunch of import fees to deal with when ordering from Play-Asia, which is why I'll be operating with Amazon Japan for any further Japanese imports.

reminder that you (americans) can save 20% off your preorders at best buy

Canada wins, but this is pretty cool too. Kinda irked about the Ultimax situation, though, because I feel that they'll also put out a limited edition SKU and that'll mess everyone's pre-orders up.

Nachos

I read Dark Id's playthrough instead. But I do know that Drakengard games does stupid shit to frustrate the player at the last moment.

Drakengard 1 and 3 had the rhythm game, 2 forces a difficulty bump on all subsequent playthroughs, Nier deletes all your saves.

Drakengard 3 takes it to another level. It adds funky camera angles the notes are still playing when the screen is dark.

3's section is stupid and sometimes infuriating, sure (as is anything with Cavia blood), but I can't help but like it for being so unapologetic about it. Like it or not, it's clearly Taro's vision.

HER RAGE MAKES LITTLE KIDS CRY!
It's the Unsightly Pink Sniper....
YUKARI TAKEBA!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YUgMhlREog

English Arcade Mode Footage from E3.
I really wish Atlus changed "safety" to "safe" or even "very easy." That's the only one that's not an adjective, even if it still gets the point across.

I'm sensing some seriously bad vibes here!

So to cheer you guys up, I thought i'd make up a P4U Fuuka moveset. The one I made for Rise was sort of popular, so why not? I looked to Chet's Fuuka fanart for inspiration, and I think I came up with something pretty great here.

Playstyle: Bazooka Fighter
Health: 12 000

Normal attacks:

5A: A short ranged Bazooka swing
5AA: Another Bazooka swing
5AAA: A Bazooka Shot
5B: A wide reaching Bazooka swing
2B: A vertical Bazooka swing
5C: Juno swings a Bazooka
2C: Juno swings a Bazooka upwards
5D: Juno fires a Bazooka shot
2D: Juno fires a Bazooka shot upwards

Skills:

236A (Fuuka You): Fuuka fires a strong Bazooka shot
214B (Don't Fuuka with Me): Fuuka takes a step back, then fires a Bazooka shot
236C (The Fuuka?): Juno fires a strong Bazooka shot
214D (Go Fuuka yourself): Juno throws her Bazooka

SP Skills

236236A/B (What the Fuuka?): Fuuka fires a heavy Bazooka shot
214214A/B(Awakening) (I don't give a Fuuka): Fuuka and Juno fire a Bazooka shot together

Instant Kill

(Fuuka Bazooka): Fuuka runs up to the opponent and slashes them with her knife. She then fires a Bazooka shot

I spent a long time working on this. I feel like the unconventional direction is very Arcys like. Don't you agree?
Very nice. One thing, though; could you not use the code tag for non-code? It cuts off some of the text on GAF Mobile.

I thought her title was just a reference to how she easily gets incensed by what other people do, mostly via Junpei in P3, or other things that happen.
Pretty sure that it's a reference to Sentai shows being targeted towards kids, so it's taking a jab at her, telling her she's bad at her job.
reminder that you (americans) can save 20% off your preorders at best buy

VyFtTkZ.png
Lem was super-helpful when I ordered the Bravely Default Limited Edition, so I can vouch for how good if a deal this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom