• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

Oh were talking about p5 and p3 spoilers. Yay!!!

I think it would be cool if
P3 protag helps in the velvet room or something. Not sure if his soul would be enough to give him his form in the velvet room though. He could also be reborn as the protag in p5 or p6 if his soul is saved. If the reborn thing happens it shouldn't be revealed until the end of the game. Maybe you summon the world tarot again or something. Then again maybe the reborn thing would be dumb. Maybe he will just be elizabeths dime piece.

Levito

Banned
Makoto being in the velvet room would also just be fan service, it's better than him coming back to life though at least.

todd360

Makoto being in the velvet room would also just be fan service, it's better than him coming back to life though.

Your right. Lets make it Minako with little clothing for extra fan service potential. It might even add to the PLOT. I love a good plot.

Setsu00

Oh were talking about p5 and p3 spoilers. Yay!!!

I think it would be cool if
P3 protag helps in the velvet room or something. Not sure if his soul would be enough to give him his form in the velvet room though. He could also be reborn as the protag in p5 or p6 if his soul is saved. If the reborn thing happens it shouldn't be revealed until the end of the game. Maybe you summon the world tarot again or something. Then again maybe the reborn thing would be dumb. Maybe he will just be elizabeths dime piece.

Oh boy. If that happens, I'm out.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
My thoughts on the whole P3 thing, spoilers duh.
So I have no issue with Elizabeth's quest being to release his soul from the seal, so long as thats all it is, releasing his soul and allowing him to rest in piece. In no way should he be "revived", temporarily or otherwise. It would undermine the whole meaning of Persona 3. Also, like Mamba said earlier, rewarding Elizabeth's inability to move on by "reviving" him would basically turn her into FFX-2 Yuna, and that would suck.

P3 SPOILERS
Bolded: I have to disagree with this in terms of a temp revival to help combat the forces of evil. Sure bring him back as a spirit/temporary form? but in the end he either returns to his guardian of nyx duties, or becomes the velvet room master??

If not his soul is set free =)

Either way a reunion, even if only short lived wouldn't harm the p3 ending as it wouldn't undo his sacrifice/death permenatly

Sophia

Under Night In-Birth was always full of expies and references to other games. Which is no surprise, as it is French Bread taking a shot at the Melty Blood gameplay without the Type Moon characters.

Still, it's kind of eerie how much that looks like Narukami.

Got to agree with you on the P5 thing, would you be alright with minor cameos a la Chihiro in P4?

My thoughts on the whole P3 thing, spoilers duh.
So I have no issue with Elizabeth's quest being to release his soul from the seal, so long as thats all it is, releasing his soul and allowing him to rest in piece. In no way should he be "revived", temporarily or otherwise. It would undermine the whole meaning of Persona 3. Also, like Mamba said earlier, rewarding Elizabeth's inability to move on by "reviving" him would basically turn her into FFX-2 Yuna, and that would suck.

That's always my assumption from the start. He's freed from the becoming the Seal and then his soul immediately ascends to Heaven or reincarnate or whatever. Elizabeth does her quest "just to say goodbye", which would be hella melodramatic, but I'd still cry. Also, FFX-2's best ending is the one where Tidus doesn't come back and just hugs her from behind one last time.

cbq

P3 spoilers
Makoto, after being freed in P4U2 becomes P5MC's persona! Yaay!

But seriously, Makoto becoming Velvet Room resident? Thats fine with me.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
not just a dancing game, but a canon dancing game.
Holy shit, it IS canon.
There's quite a rift between a goofy rhythm spinoff and Persona 5.

Yes, but I'm just saying that some of the ideas being thrown around here aren't nearly as crazy as some of the things that Atlus has ACTUALLY done.
The inclusion of Makoto in some way, shape, or form in future games after being alluded to in P4 and P4A?= not so crazy
A canon Persona fighting game, canon dancing game, and 3DS rpg starring chibi-fied characters?= pretty crazy, not that it's a bad thing :D
How else are they going to defeat shadows to a sick beat?
I can't imagine the step, it's too genius!

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member

Poor Smed :(

On a side note, my copy of P4A came in with an NFL sticker on it. Not going to question it.

K3kd4aA.jpg

You know, Mind Zero ACTUALLY isn't that bad guys. It isn't the next coming of jesus, but it's not a terrible game. It isn't outstanding either lol, but... let's put it this way. Between this and Conception, which are 2 mid tier games, this one is definitely a much stronger title in my eyes. I'm having fun lol.

EDIT:
Poor Smed :(

On a side note, my copy of P4A came in with an NFL sticker on it. Not going to question it.

K3kd4aA.jpg
I take it you bought it used? If not... next P4 game is confirmed, a football game. imagine using Personas to tackle other players.

Nimby

Banned
You know, Mind Zero ACTUALLY isn't that bad guys. It isn't the next coming of jesus, but it's not a terrible game. It isn't outstanding either lol, but... let's put it this way. Between this and Conception, which are 2 mid tier games, this one is definitely a much stronger title in my eyes. I'm having fun lol.

It doesn't look bad at all, anything like SMT/Persona is good in my eyes. I need a Vita, it's like a portable PS2.

It doesn't look bad at all, anything like SMT/Persona is good in my eyes. I need a Vita, it's like a portable PS2.

It tries to be more adult than persona, there's drugs, swearing, it has a darker twist to itself. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a better game (it's not), but it makes it feel distinct enough. The battle system too isn't a copy paste of Persona, it has it's own twist. It's a Persona-looking game that doesn't play like one aha.

EDIT:
I take it you bought it used? If not... next P4 game is confirmed, a football game. imagine using Personas to tackle other players.

I have said this before. It is an ok game with some issues, and a bad ending.

DNAbro

I don't see the problem here.

And I just bought P4A, now I have 30+ games in my backlog :D

I just played it a little over a week ago. ;-;

Been blasting through games though. Marathoned Watch Dogs the last two days. I'm hoping i don't get addicted and it last a while. Gonna do it on very hard.

I have said this before. It is an ok game with some issues, and a bad ending.

Well I could see that happening lol. I'll put it this way, need a game to fill in that empty gap between now and your next release? Buy it. If you are after a Persona clone this is not really it. At least in terms of quality and polish.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
I have a problem, I'm about to play Persona 4 again.
Take this prescription for P3 FES, problem solved! I kid, I kid!

EDIT:

Bought it "like new" off of Amazon. I still insist that we should all take this as some sort of sign regarding P5. Perhaps the MC can join the American football club :3

Nimby

Banned
It tries to be more adult than persona, there's drugs, swearing, it has a darker twist to itself. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a better game (it's not), but it makes it feel distinct enough. The battle system too isn't a copy paste of Persona, it has it's own twist. It's a Persona-looking game that doesn't play like one aha.

From what I've seen, it has reeeallly good voice acting. That's good it's similar but distinct.

I just played it a little over a week ago. ;-;

Been blasting through games though. Marathoned Watch Dogs the last two days. I'm hoping i don't get addicted and it last a while. Gonna do it on very hard.

I just beat it (1st time expert suck it) and I keep going back just to fuse random OP personas.

Bought it "like new" off of Amazon. I still insist that we should all take this as some sort of sign regarding P5. Perhaps the MC can join the American football club :3

Have you played P4A before? I just bought it as well, brand new though. I don't like used games for the same reason you have. Bought Demon's Souls used, said it was original black label, but it wasn't and even had a Gamestop sticker on the actual box art -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom