• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Have you played P4A before? I just bought it as well, brand new though. I don't like used games for the same reason you have. Bought Demon's Souls used, said it was original black label, but it wasn't and even had a Gamestop sticker on the actual box art -.-
Yup, I got it on release day for the 360, but bought it again since it'd be a much more enjoyable experience on the PS3. I'm pretty OCD about buying used games, disc has to be nearly scratch free and it NEEDS to come in the original case with the instruction booklet. God I hate Gamestop stickers, damn things never fully come off lol.

Nimby

Banned
Yup, I got it on release day for the 360, but bought it again since it'd be a much more enjoyable experience on the PS3. I'm pretty OCD about buying used games, disc has to be nearly scratch free and it NEEDS to come in the original case with the instruction booklet. God I hate Gamestop stickers, damn things never fully come off lol.

It shocks me that people sell games on Ebay, disc only, wrapped in a piece of notebook paper. Who buys that?

And what are the odds GAF? I turned 18 literally four months ago, and I just received a jurors summon. This BLOWS.

kewlmyc

FUCK YEAH GAY JOKES.

RZdVs7Q.gif

Just kidding, it was actually kinda funny.

A little late but my overall thoughts on the P3 Mc thing.
I'm probably biased since I love the character, but I don't think him coming back would ruin P3's ending. Everybody got their growth from coping with his death, and his revival would not change it. I know people say it wouldn't be as impactful if he came back, but I still think the ending would be emotional regardless.
Memento Mori also wasn't the only theme in the game, as someone posted earlier another theme seems to be rebirth, and moving on past your problems. I also feel salty at whole situation, since it seemed like when I first played, he was signing a dorm contract, and not a paper saying that he will die. I don't feel he "Chose this path of his own free will". I feel he was dealt a very shit hand compared to Yu.
Anyway, I do want him to come back, but I am perfectly ok with him not also. I feel at the very least he could be added as non canon dlc.
Anyway sorry for the rambling. I'm sure many of you will disagree though, and I understand the other of the argument as well.

Moonlight

Banned
I also feel salty at whole situation, since it seemed like when I first played, he was signing a dorm contract, and not a paper saying that he will die.
Dude, a creepy pale kid that no one proceeds to mention from that point on gives you a mysterious contract that only says 'I chooseth this fate of mine own free will' and you thought it was a dorm contract? :p

You rooming with Mephisto or something?

Dude, a creepy pale kid that no one proceeds to mention from that point on gives you a mysterious contract that only says 'I chooseth this fate of mine own free will' and you thought it was a dorm contract? :p

You rooming with Mephisto or something?

Yes lol. Seriously though,
first time through I did think it was, I was just like "Oh look the typical creepy kid in JRPGS who becomes my party member". I swear I thought it was a dorm contract lol.

DNAbro

I like Ken x FeMC :(

I recently watched Ken's social link on youtube, while it did make me like him in a similar fashion to the way i like Nanako(both adorable, nanako more so), i feel like it only works as a friendship or just one sided affection from Ken.

But shippers going to ship.

Hey guys I have question. It's kind of silly but I've been thinking about it a little. I like Minato/Makoto, I really do, but I don't understand this imensive love the fandom has for him. Yes, I did play P3 etc etc, but,
sincerely, for me, besides his "big action" endgame, he doesn't show any kind of significant personallity and as most silent characters, he is a blank slate for you to fill in. But, Yu and Minako for example, they give me a small impression of "personality", of "expression", with Minato I feel different though, he's cool, he did cool stuff, I know he also passes that kinda "cold/whatever atitute" eventually (not very appealing to me, yeah)... But why is it that so many favourite him? Am I crazy and make no sense at all? I'm just really curious I hope I'm not saying any blasphemy here.

Hey guys I have question. It's kind of silly but I've been thinking about it a little. I like Minato/Makoto, I really do, but I don't understand this imensive love the fandom has for him. Yes, I did play P3 etc etc, but,
sincerely, for me, besides his "big action" endgame, he doesn't show any kind of significant personallity and as most silent characters, he is a blank slate for you to fill in. But, Yu and Minako for example, they give me a small impression of "personality", of "expression", with Minato I feel different though, he's cool, he did cool stuff, I know he also passes that kinda "cold/whatever atitute" eventually (not very appealing to me, yeah)... But why is it that so many favourite him? Am I crazy and make no sense at all? I'm just really curious I hope I'm not saying any blasphemy here.
His design is pretty awesome, at least to me. Blue hair! Also, as you said, he has his ''personal space/I don't care'' atitute which some people can relate better, and he contrasts the personalities of Yu and Minako so he is kinda unique in his own way. Have you seen the P3 movie? His characterization is AMAZING and you could probably see why so many people like him. Oh yeah, and he runs with his hands in his pocket.

His design is pretty awesome, at least to me. Blue hair! Also, as you said, he has his ''personal space/I don't care'' atitute which some people can relate better, and he contrasts the personalities of Yu and Minako so he is kinda unique in his own way. Have you seen the P3 movie? His characterization is AMAZING and you could probably see why so many people like him. Oh yeah, and he runs with his hands in his pocket.

Well I really like blue hair too (my favourite is Naoto, as you can probably guess hehe). Hmm never guessed people could relate to him like that, he's too extreme on the "I don't care" side for my taste.

Can't say I have watched it, gonna check it out as soon as I can then.

I don't know if that running thing is a plus for me hahaha. Anyways, thanks for answering!

Well I really like blue hair too (my favourite is Naoto, as you can probably guess hehe). Hmm never guessed people could relate to him like that, he's too extreme on the "I don't care" side for my taste.

Can't say I have watched it, gonna check it out as soon as I can then.

I don't know if that running thing is a plus for me hahaha. Anyways, thanks for answering!

No problem. Maybe people don't really relate to him, but you don't see protagonists with that kind of attitude as often as happy-go-luck ones so he's kinda memorable. You should really see the movie, it will help you understand his character, and there's more of him to come. You can also look out to see his characterization in PQ. I think another reason that people like him is because those people have started with P3 so they're more attached to him because of their first Persona experience. I'm sure other people here can give better explanations than me if you're still wondering.

arue

I played as Minato/Makoto the first time j played P3. I saw him as a blank slate throughout the whole game, but
the end struck me so hard
that he becomes my favorite character.

The same could be saif for FeMC. But since I played the male side first, the ending with FeMC doesn't feel as strong as the one with Makoto because I already know the ending.

For Yu, he's just well-loved by his friends that he doesn't really need more love from me (haven't finished P4 yet, but this is what I feel after seeing P4G's epilogue.)

Basically, P3MC is my favorite character not because of his personality, but his actions
especially at the end of the game.

Edit: P3MC'S blue hair is also a plus. That's why Naoto is my favorite character in P4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom