• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

One year in Inaba is all it takes for a total swag makeover.

Brilliant

OPeqRoC.jpg

Oh SNAP! It's Shin Megami Etrian Tensei Persona Odyssey: Legends of the Titan 4

Source: ???

No problem. Maybe people don't really relate to him, but you don't see protagonists with that kind of attitude as often as happy-go-luck ones so he's kinda memorable. You should really see the movie, it will help you understand his character, and there's more of him to come. You can also look out to see his characterization in PQ. I think another reason that people like him is because those people have started with P3 so they're more attached to him because of their first Persona experience. I'm sure other people here can give better explanations than me if you're still wondering.

Actually, my first Persona game was Persona 3: FES! Even so, he's not my fav protagonist, so I can at least say I'm not being too biased.
In reality, after meeting the others (counting Tatsuya and Maya from P2 too), I think I became to like him a little less...

Still, I am looking forward to how he interacts in PQ!

I played as Minato/Makoto the first time j played P3. I saw him as a blank slate throughout the whole game, but
the end struck me so hard
that he becomes my favorite character.

The same could be saif for FeMC. But since I played the male side first, the ending with FeMC doesn't feel as strong as the one with Makoto because I already know the ending.

For Yu, he's just well-loved by his friends that he doesn't really need more love from me (haven't finished P4 yet, but this is what I feel after seeing P4G's epilogue.)

Basically, P3MC is my favorite character not because of his personality, but his actions
especially at the end of the game.

Edit: P3MC'S blue hair is also a plus. That's why Naoto is my favorite character in P4.

I see where you are coming from,
that's the biggest reason I like him, but it didn't struck me as hard because I didn't really care much for him during the most part of the game. Yu is truly loved by a lot of people, Minato, I think, is loved too, but that isn't as explicit as in P4, and only better conveyed in P3 endgame.

PS:
Go team Naoto!

Thanks for the answers you guys!

Actually, my first Persona game was Persona 3: FES! Even so, he's not my fav protagonist, so I can at least say I'm not being too biased.
In reality, after meeting the others (counting Tatsuya and Maya from P2 too), I think I became to like him a little less...

that's the biggest reason I like him, but it didn't struck me as hard because I didn't really care much for him during the most part of the game. Yu is truly loved by a lot of people, Minato, I think, is loved too, but that isn't as explicit as in P4, and only better conveyed in P3 endgame.

PS:
Go team Naoto!

Thanks for the answers you guys!

P3Fes Spoiler
Makoto is pretty well loved by his friends. The entire events of The Answer only happened because they couldn't accept that he was gone.

Oh really? Too bad. To be fair my first impression of Persona was the reveal video of PQ and the ones that stood out for me were Makoto, Yosuke, Mitsuru, Koromaru and Teddie. After playing both P3 and P4, I actually liked Makoto more since Yu became Mr. Perfect and pretty much everyone had to like him and was the most popular in school so I didn't feel inserting myself into his ''blank slate'' character, compared to Makoto who made good friends and was just a normal student. but that's just me. And yeah! I'm pretty excited about PQ.

Actually, this is prob my only concern with Makoto. Having only played the FES version, I disliked that Makoto almost had zero 'true' connections or shared some good moments with SEES outside of Yukari, Aigis, Koromaru and Junpei. Maybe Fuuka or Mitsuru due to their Social Links.
So the ending of P3 didn't affected me that much since it only had Aigis compared to the whole farewell of the group in P4's ending.

P3Fes Spoiler
Makoto is pretty well loved by his friends. The entire events of The Answer only happened because they couldn't accept that he was gone.

It is right? I just said it that way to be safe. It's been some time I played The Answer (like 5 years) so I don't remember it very well. The Journey I have a more recent memory, though, since I played the PSP version too.

Oh really? Too bad. To be fair my first impression of Persona was the reveal video of PQ and the ones that stood out for me were Makoto, Yosuke, Mitsuru, Koromaru and Teddie. After playing both P3 and P4, I actually liked Makoto more since Yu became Mr. Perfect and pretty much everyone had to like him and was the most popular in school so I didn't feel inserting myself into his ''blank slate'' character, compared to Makoto who made good friends and was just a normal student. but that's just me. And yeah! I'm pretty excited about PQ.

Actually, this is prob my only concern with Makoto. Having only played the FES version, I disliked that Makoto almost had zero 'true' connections or shared some good moments with SEES outside of Yukari, Aigis, Koromaru and Junpei. Maybe Fuuka or Mitsuru due to their Social Links.
So the ending of P3 didn't affected me that much since it only had Aigis compared to the whole farewell of the group in P4's ending.

Oh that's different! I met Persona when P3:FES was about to be released. Well, I feel like both of them are Mr. Perfect, really. They're good at everything they do, everyone admires them, everyone wants to be them. The difference is that Yu seems more... how to put it? Only looking at the official persona art he overflows personality to me hahaha, I sound kinda tacky but that's how I feel.

And it's true, not only him, but people in SEES, for me, seem so distant from each other, regardless living in the same place. I know the theme of the game is different from 4, but I think that was a good change.

DNAbro

On top of doing a Very Hard run, I'm making this an Izanagi only run. Easing it up a bit by using left over money from new game plus to buy best wepons and skill cards though.

Oh that's different! I met Persona when P3:FES was about to be released. Well, I feel like both of them are Mr. Perfect, really. They're good at everything they do, everyone admires them, everyone wants to be them. The difference is that Yu seems more... how to put it? Only looking at the official persona art he overflows personality to me hahaha, I sound kinda tacky but that's how I feel.

And it's true, not only him, but people in SEES, for me, seem so distant from each other, regardless living in the same place. I know the theme of the game is different from 4, but I think that was a good change.

Hmm, you're right, but I always felt Yu was more a show off compared to Makoto, haha.
And I agree with that, I mean, I think the only member of SEES who actually interacted with everyone was Koromaru. Koromaru should have been the protagonist of P3. Joking aside, even Yukari in one of the PQ videos said something along the lines of ''Despite living in the same place, we actually feel like coworkers to each other, unlike you [P4 gang]''.

If I had one of those I'd probably do something silly with it. Probably having either my Raidou, Killer Queen, or a Gundam try to sit down and play it lol

I'll betcha Killer Queen's a cheap scrub who uses Yu, while Raidou mains Naoto all the way.

My Crazy Diamond would probably play Junpei, because he's cool enough to know who Da Man is.

Hmm, you're right, but I always felt Yu was more a show off compared to Makoto, haha.
And I agree with that, I mean, I think the only member of SEES who actually interacted with everyone was Koromaru. Koromaru should have been the protagonist of P3. Joking aside, even Yukari in one of the PQ videos said something along the lines of ''Despite living in the same place, we actually feel like coworkers to each other, unlike you [P4 gang]''.

That's pretty sad, good thing they're having a better chance of interaction now.

Real talk:
Koromaru would be the best silent protag ever.

I'll betcha Killer Queen's a cheap scrub who uses Yu, while Raidou mains Naoto all the way.

My Crazy Diamond would probably play Junpei, because he's cool enough to know who Da Man is.

Ey man, they're my figures, if they'd use anyone it'd be whoever I say so :V

Though yeah Raidou/Naoto seems to work, both with those hats and all...

Canon

Banned
Finished P4G for the second time (True Ending). Missed a few social links but I'll YouTube them rather than going a third time... or maybe I'll just play again.

I feel like there's an obvious difference between what is new content and what is old sometimes. The writing in the new content isn't quite as good. I couldn't help but think of Naruto (specifically Madara Uchiha's goal) near the end. A lot of exposition and not as many good character moments.

Still I'm sad I beat it. I can't think of another video game that evokes that emotion. Even after Ocarina of Time was done I wasn't sad since it felt appropriate to end the story, but it doesn't feel appropriate to "end" this game, or rather it just feels like a second life you don't want to abandon.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

Hey guys i've just heard fromm another forum that apparently in the second film they make Makoto/Yukari the canon couple..

Again it's just what someone said but they apparently kiss on the beach in the film.

Also Makoto has new moments/interactions with aigis as well

P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

Hey guys i've just heard fromm another forum that apparently in the second film they make Makoto/Yukari the canon couple..

Again it's just what someone said but they apparently kiss on the beach in the film.

Good. 'Bout freaking time. :D

kewlmyc

P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

That sounds like complete bullshit, to be honest.

Someone here saw it, but I forget who. You could search and PM that person and ask.

EDIT: Yeah, it was MagusKen.
I ACTUALLY SAW IT!!!!!!!:

IMG_20140607_181144.jpg

If you really want to know:
Shinjis Funeral
The next trailer was
Rouji standing at the bridge and the title for the next movie is Falling Down

It was really really good! The fights were really well animated and the fleshed more out of certain events while changing a few things. Like
the night beach scene at night during the trip and the summer festival.
Also in regarding to your spoiler:
Beach scene has a nice cameo and sorta cameos there they also give Makoto a water gun to make him the leader.

Aigis was 5ballin8me,
Especially her orgia mode and in her fighting debut

Hey folks, so Erin is coming back on the podcast this Friday.If you have any questions be sure to post'em here!

Panelists for this one: Trueself, Pan, Keats, and that pleeb Libido of course.

Awesome. Whens the deadline for questions?

P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

As
Yukari
is my favorite P3
female
character, i have no problem with this.

kewlmyc

Yeah i'm kinda hoping it is too. Here's where i found it, he said he has been to japan to see it himself

WARNING: This forum has spoilers!!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/739683-persona-4-arena-ultimax/69414548?page=11

Post #116 by Enoshima_Junko

I wouldn't mind it at all, I'd actually kinda like it, but considering it seems like a pretty drastic change from what we've seen of their interactions in the P3 movie 1. If it said that it was a hug, then I would have believed it. A kiss is pretty damn hard to believe.
Also LOL gamefaqs.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
I wouldn't mind it at all, I'd actually kinda like it, but considering it seems like a pretty drastic change from what we've seen of their interactions in the P3 movie 1. If it said that it was a hug, then I would have believed it. A kiss is pretty damn hard to believe.
Also LOL gamefaqs.

Yeah it doesn seem a little wierd considering that they don't kiss or even hug in FES/P3P/manga....

Poor Aigis i wonder if she will be completely downplayed in the coming films in terms of her love for Makoto. Maybe they won't even do her socail link stuff/ game ending scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom