• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Here.

Hotlinking is bad, mmmkay.

If they don't include this line from P4G

tumblr_n5dq1t50ff1r9uonxo1_500.jpg

Then the anime has failed before it has even started

Dantis

Maybe it's just me, but I feel P4GA will be a lot more about the social aspect of Persona 4, instead of the dungeons and combat.

I'd be all over this. In the original anime, I had next to no interest in the fighty bits.

I have no recollection of this. Guess you really made an impression! /s

I'd like to forget it if someone pasted me at a game too. :p

But anyway, I'm just saying that I hope your Arena game is stronger, or people are going to be using your head for a mop again.

guys

it's Yosuke's BIRTHDAY today

O9b9jOT.gif

happy birthday you goddamn bastard

Happy birthday to The Captain!

Of course he would have a June birthday.
You got something against June birthdays? All the best people are born in June, Gemini for life :p

I'd be all over this. In the original anime, I had next to no interest in the fighty bits.

Oh for sure. The fights were okay to me, but my 2 favorite episodes (A Stormy Summer Vacation) were all social. They will for sure have more social episodes, if they're adding in the Golden events anyway.

Am I really missing much of the Arena story if I'm just doing:

Yu(cliffhanger) > Yosuke(Cliffhanger) > Aigis(Cliffhanger) > Labrys > Yu(Full Clear) > Aigis (Full Clear) > Elizabeth

Am I really missing much of the Arena story if I'm just doing:

Yu(cliffhanger) > Yosuke(Cliffhanger) > Aigis(Cliffhanger) > Labrys > Yu(Full Clear) > Aigis (Full Clear) > Elizabeth

There's a section of story that you miss if you skip Mitsuru and Naoto, which I find, is more important than Elizabeth entirely.
Doing Yu's story first and then doing another one of the main four right after is the reason why a lot of people say the mode is redundant. He gets to do a bit of of everything, but his perspective isn't that interesting to read, so you spoil yourself on the others.

Squire

Banned
I'd like to forget it if someone pasted me at a game too. :p

But anyway, I'm just saying that I hope your Arena game is stronger, or people are going to be using your head for a mop again.

If you could play worth anything, you wouldn't need to gloat over stale victories.

I could clean your clock at Arena even months out of practice, anyway. You don't play, remember?

Dantis

Sketchy sketchy sketch sketch.

If you could play worth anything, you wouldn't need to gloat over stale victories.

I could clean your clock at Arena even months out of practice, anyway. You don't play, remember?

It's a weird boast that you can beat someone who doesn't play the game. Also funny that it probably isn't true. ;)

Jintor

Damnit. there's something I'm finding very hot about marie's outfit on a real life person. pity about the duckface pose tho

Sketchy sketchy sketch sketch.

It's a weird boast that you can beat someone who doesn't play the game. Also funny that it probably isn't true. ;)

Nice picture, Dantis!

Also, an update on The King's Games:

Because doing two super long ass streams and getting everyone arranged all at once would be some really tough logistics to manage, I'm going to let everyone go against their opponents and play on their own up until Winner's/Loser's/Grand Finals. This is for both leagues. Once we reach that point, then I request that everyone stop, and we arrange for streams to happen (preferably before Evo!) and stream out the finals for each league.

That means for now, you guys are responsible for getting your matches together. Remember, each match is First to 5 wins. Once you're done with your match, I want BOTH people to get back to me to tell me who won. If there's any discrepancy in reporting back, then both people are DQ'd on the spot, so make sure you tell the truth.

The brackets are here:

http://challonge.com/kingsgamesinvestigationleague
http://challonge.com/kingsgamessees1

So feel free to arrange your matches whenever you want!

FluxWaveZ

Here's a video from E3 of Ken vs. Minazuki, played by some relatively good people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Na6WO2BMqE

Still mostly mashing and flailing going on there. Hope we'll see some footage of what Ken and Rise can really do at EVO.

If there's any discrepancy in reporting back, then both people are DQ'd on the spot, so make sure you tell the truth.

What kind of rule is this? You'd be punishing the honest person for nothing if someone decided to lie. At least from the numerous online P4A tournaments I've organized, honesty in reporting hasn't been much of an issue (which is why I usually let players report their results on Challonge themselves, aside from when I was organizing long-form leagues), but this is definitely not the way to handle it.

Nice picture, Dantis!

Also, an update on The King's Games:

Because doing two super long ass streams and getting everyone arranged all at once would be some really tough logistics to manage, I'm going to let everyone go against their opponents and play on their own up until Winner's/Loser's/Grand Finals. This is for both leagues. Once we reach that point, then I request that everyone stop, and we arrange for streams to happen (preferably before Evo!) and stream out the finals for each league.

That means for now, you guys are responsible for getting your matches together. Remember, each match is First to 5 wins. Once you're done with your match, I want BOTH people to get back to me to tell me who won. If there's any discrepancy in reporting back, then both people are DQ'd on the spot, so make sure you tell the truth.

The brackets are here:

http://challonge.com/kingsgamesinvestigationleague
http://challonge.com/kingsgamessees1

So feel free to arrange your matches whenever you want!

Awesome. This makes things a lot easier. You might want to rethink the bolded part though.

What kind of rule is this? You'd be punishing the honest person for nothing if someone decided to lie. At least from the numerous online P4A tournaments I've organized, honesty in reporting hasn't been much of an issue (which is why I usually let players report their results on Challonge themselves, aside from when I was organizing long-form leagues), but this is definitely not the way to handle it.

I'm hoping that, considering that a lot of these people in the tournament are friends of mine, I already trust that they'll be telling the truth (honor system, and what-not) but this is just how I'm arranging it. If people want to lie just to get another person DQ'd, then, well, I'll look at it and see.

I would, of course, not like to DQ anyone, obviously. I want this to be done in a good format, and I don't want people to get byes because people weren't being honest about this. My plan isn't to be some ass, my plan is to hope that this goes in with the honor system, and that these people (a lot of whom I'm friends with and talk with on a daily basis) won't just be jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom