• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I would, of course, not like to DQ anyone, obviously. I want this to be done in a good format, and I don't want people to get byes because people weren't being honest about this. My plan isn't to be some ass, my plan is to hope that this goes in with the honor system, and that these people (a lot of whom I'm friends with and talk with on a daily basis) won't just be jerks.

At the point where someone would lie about their results in a double elim., threatening to DQ them would hardly dissuade them from doing so. Again, it probably won't be a problem because the tournament doesn't have a bunch of anonymous members in it and it's good to look at it from a case by case basis, but I guess I'm looking at it form the perspective of if you were handling 50+ people (it would have been hellish if I had done that for mine).

It's just that I always feel it's better to never punish someone who wouldn't be at fault for other people's failings. Let's say there was a deadline a match was to be played by, but both players had not played it yet, I would only immediately DQ the player who did not notify me about it beforehand, not both of them.

And that's fair. That's just how I'm running this tournament, especially being as far behind as I originally wanted. Is this a dumb way to handle it? Probably, and we'll see, and I'll be able to take this and keep it in mind for future tournaments I may run. I've seen similar shit done for weekly tournaments I've been to, which is part of the reason why I'm doing it here. If that can more or less work and people don't fuck things up for others, then I'm going to try it here.

Yeah, it's all about whatever works, in the end.

People should probably ensure they have proof of their match results, if they are able to do so.

At the point where someone would lie about their results in a double elim., threatening to DQ them would hardly dissuade them from doing so. Again, it probably won't be a problem because the tournament doesn't have a bunch of anonymous members in it and it's good to look at it from a case by case basis, but I guess I'm looking at it form the perspective of if you were handling 50+ people (it would have been hellish if I had done that for mine).

It's just that I always feel it's better to never punish someone who won't be at fault for other people's problems. Let's say there was a deadline a match was to be played by, but both players had not played it yet, I would only immediately DQ the player who did not notify me about it beforehand, not both of them.

And that's fair. That's just how I'm running this tournament, especially being as far behind as I originally wanted. Is this a dumb way to handle it? Probably, and we'll see, and I'll be able to take this and keep it in mind for future tournaments I may run. I've seen similar shit done for weekly tournaments I've been to, which is part of the reason why I'm doing it here. If that can more or less work and people don't fuck things up for others, then I'm going to try it here.

Rules seem fine to me Smed, I doubt that people are going to fuck others over, at least no-one seems like the type to do that anyway.

Just to clarify, its first to win 5 matches right, not best of 5 matches?

Me and Swedesu will get our match done at some point soon, doing a new fight card for it too =P

Has anyone posted this?

"All wrapped on #personaQ at #pcbstudio"
10479161_767336246638931_6184579497123457366_n.jpg

biodude

Neo Member
Hey everyone, sorry to intrude but I wanted to (finally) introduce myself here since my account was just activated. I hope I'm not being too out of line by doing so

I'm 18 years old and a big persona fan like the rest of you, and a machinist. I usually don't have a lot of time but do enjoy playing persona/ being a part of the persona hype.

I beat P3P, almost finished with both the answer and persona 4, and about a 1/4th of the journey. I also have a little progress in nocturne.

I've preordered P4 ultimax and persona q wild cards edition (bought a 3ds for it too).

Being a learning cnc machininst/ tool and die maker, and a big persona 3 fan- on some free time I decided to further my knowledge by making a 1:1 Evoker out of aluminum and other materials such as brass, nylon, and steel.

4662faa58a.jpg

56068db110.jpg

It took around 4 1/2 months (I've never done anything on this scale before), but I made a pretty darn good replica. About mid way I decided to do a minato cosplay- which tuned into a junpei cosplay. My dad made me a real white leather holster for my cosplay as well.

f052342120.jpg

77438a6774.jpg

I'm working on a second (and possibly third) evoker, based more off the movie (rounded variant). It will have a bunch of functionality fixes from the first, and have light up grips (and maybe barrel). Here's a proof of concept with the light strip (gaps will be covered up with plexi glass in front of it).

d79556fedc.jpg

I've got more info/pics if anyone's interested in knowing more about it. Sorry for the long post, I've been excited about posting here for a while :)

This seems like the most active persona forum I could find, and quite friendly as well , so I'm glad I'm finally able to post here!

52abc561a6.jpg

Rules seem fine to me Smed, I doubt that people are going to fuck others over, at least no-one seems like the type to do that anyway.

Just to clarify, its first to win 5 matches right, not best of 5 matches?

Me and Swedesu will get our match done at some point soon, doing a new fight card for it too =P

Yes, when you win 5 matches, you win.

wmlk

OK, so when do you guys think we'll get P5 news?

I had to ask. I'm losing my sanity. It's been about 8 months since the announcement.

biodude

Neo Member
Welcome biodude! That Evoker looks amazing, and that Junpei cosplay is probably the best I've seen. You da man!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

That is the second time I cosplayed, the first time was basically generic soldier dude to almost anyone besides the small group of people who knew about the game I was working on lol.

The next time I cosplay junpei at hoshi con next month, It'll be much better.
I fixed a small problem with the holster, I'll be wearing much better fitting pants, I'll have the little green and yellow class-year symbol on my jacket, and junpei's necklace, which I kinda over looked last time.

I've got the small block squared up, just needs a tiny bit of cnc work for the pockets and engraving.

110ca84288.jpg

e3f1ff8dc9.png

That evoker is pretty sick. I thought it was official merchandise when I first glanced at your post.

Also, I'll be extra careful with P4 plot stuff since you haven't finished it.

Kssio_Aug

Just defeated
Shadow Mitsuo
! What a troublesome boss!
I defeated it on my second try, but my 1st one I didnt get even closer, so, besides I get to the boss on 1 run, I had to leave the dungeon and get some new stuff for the group at Daidara, then came back and defeated it... still it cost lots of resources, I had to use two items to recharge 100 SP of the MC on this one. Was level 41 by the way.

Dantis

So I've been thinking of doing some Persona 4 and Pokemon crossover art. It would be a straight up job of drawing each character in a Pokemon-esque outfit along with a Pokemon that fits their character. Any suggestions on who should have what? Off the top of my head, I can only think of, for example, Yukiko having Ninetails.

Hey everyone, sorry to intrude but I wanted to (finally) introduce myself here since my account was just activated. I hope I'm not being too out of line by doing so

I'm 18 years old and a big persona fan like the rest of you, and a machinist. I usually don't have a lot of time but do enjoy playing persona/ being a part of the persona hype.

I beat P3P, almost finished with both the answer and persona 4, and about a 1/4th of the journey. I also have a little progress in nocturne.

I've preordered P4 ultimax and persona q wild cards edition (bought a 3ds for it too).

Being a learning cnc machininst/ tool and die maker, and a big persona 3 fan- on some free time I decided to further my knowledge by making a 1:1 Evoker out of aluminum and other materials such as brass, nylon, and steel.

It took around 4 1/2 months (I've never done anything on this scale before), but I made a pretty darn good replica. About mid way I decided to do a minato cosplay- which tuned into a junpei cosplay. My dad made me a real white leather holster for my cosplay as well.
I'm working on a second (and possibly third) evoker, based more off the movie (rounded variant). It will have a bunch of functionality fixes from the first, and have light up grips (and maybe barrel). Here's a proof of concept with the light strip (gaps will be covered up with plexi glass in front of it).

I've got more info/pics if anyone's interested in knowing more about it. Sorry for the long post, I've been excited about posting here for a while :)

This seems like the most active persona forum I could find, and quite friendly as well , so I'm glad I'm finally able to post here!

Holy shit. This. Is. AMAZING.

So I've been thinking of doing some Persona 4 and Pokemon crossover art. It would be a straight up job of drawing each character in a Pokemon-esque outfit along with a Pokemon that fits their character. Any suggestions on who should have what? Off the top of my head, I can only think of, for example, Yukiko having Ninetails.

Chie and Hitmonlee. Yosuke and... Greninja? Kanji and... Electabuzz? I can't think of anything else for the rest of the team :(

Holy shit. This. Is. AMAZING.

Yosuke should have Pidgeot or Sandslash
Chie should have Hitmonlee or Articuno
Yukiko should be Ninetails or Rapidash or Moltres
Kanji should have Machamp or Zekrom
Teddie should have Mr Mime or Lickitung (Teddie is hard so I picked the dumbest looking ones)
Rise should have Jigglypuff or Gardevoir
Naoto should have Ghastly or Nidoran (either gender)
Oh and Yu should have Eevee, Ditto, Mewtwo or Zapdos

At least thats what I think anyway.

PK Gaming

Wat is green madoka

A character from Madoka Magica

(light Madoka Magica spoilers)

Hitomi (Green Madoka)
ends up stealing Sayaka's crush. She's infamous because she tells Sayaka beforehand, and gives her an ultimatum; "either you go for it now, or I will,"

Hitomi (Green Madoka)
ends up stealing Sayaka's crush. She's infamous because she tells Sayaka beforehand, and gives her an ultimatum; "either you go for it now, or I will,"

This makes the picture make even less sense to me

kewlmyc

Hitomi (Green Madoka)

Doesn't explain the whole "Who is this and why is it posted here". Looks like someone's yearbook picture. I'm really confused right now.

This is probably the most impressive thing I've seen on here. Good job and welcome dude.

biodude

Neo Member
That evoker is pretty sick. I thought it was official merchandise when I first glanced at your post.

Also, I'll be extra careful with P4 plot stuff since you haven't finished it.

Thanks, I've gotten small spoilers here and there for p4 and the answer, mainly from those recommended you tube videos and a few comments- but not enough to really ruin the games yet.

I'm trying to power game the answer and finish up p4 so it wont be a problem soon

PK Gaming

Doesn't explain the whole "Who is this and why is it posted here". Looks like someone's yearbook picture. I'm really confused right now.

This is probably the most impressive thing I've seen on here. Good job and welcome dude.

Oh, I found it on tumblr. I figured since it was related to Persona 4, it would be alright to post.

It's probably fake.

Dantis

Chie and Hitmonlee. Yosuke and... Greninja? Kanji and... Electabuzz? I can't think of anything else for the rest of the team :(

Yosuke and Greninja is perfection, good thinking! I'm less interested in pairing up elements and more interested in presentation and personality. I was thinking of Umbreon or Silveon(?) for Naoto, for example.

Also, is there anywhere that I can see pictures of all of the X and Y outfits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom