• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nachos

it's obvious it's supposed to read both ways. that is the joke itself.

I get that. I'm just saying that "dick," even in the slang sense, was typically reserved for criminals and people unambiguously opposed to the law. It's essential gangster speech (Mafia kind) that would never pair those words together, because any such formal designations simply wouldn't exist in their vernacular. It's double-speak, yes, but it's internally- and linguistically-inconsistent double-speak. Then again, maybe the connotations have since changed, especially since no one bothers using it anymore.

It just seems to be on the level of "sister-complex kingpin of steel" to me, with someone going a little overboard with their noun adjuncts.

Let it be known that while I immediately thought of this trope, I was not the first person to link it. YOU ALL HAVE ANOTHER SCAPEGOAT THIS TIME. >.>;

Guys, I think Sophia's becoming one with the tropes. Sooner or later, I think we'll see her getting flanderized herself.

arue

P4 and P4A spoilers:

The newest Atlus Faithful email just went all-out on Adachi's description. It has his persona name and all. Poor biodude, if he's subscribed to Atlus Faithful, that is.

The DLC character's title is awesome though. "Dick = Detective" is genius.

Hold up. If it's free DLC for the first week, does that mean you could theoretically download the DLC before you even buy the game?
Yep. I did it after I got the Vita version day 1 of Dragon's Crown for the PS3 version so when I'd eventually get that one, I'd have the narrators on both systems.

I ended up winning a PS3 copy later on instead of buying it in the holiday season like planned please don't hate me atlus
I hadn't made the Dick connection. The cabbage stuff sucked, yeah.

The PGAF community is always here and ready to help you make Dick connections.
PersonaGAF: putting a whole new meaning on Social Links

FluxWaveZ

Full Atlus USA P4AU stream. (new song that people were talking about starts at 45:12)

P4 and P4A spoilers:

The newest Atlus Faithful email just went all-out on Adachi's description. It has his persona name and all. Poor biodude, if he's subscribed to Atlus Faithful, that is.

The DLC character's title is awesome though. "Dick = Detective" is genius.

Well, none of the media from the Japan side for the character held back, so it makes sense that the NA side won't either. Kind of unfortunate in this case for a subscriber who would get blindsided by it, but I prefer it this way.

I wonder if that email also confirms the character's arcana. Wait, never mind, it totally does further in.

Dantis

Hey guys, I'm going to do more sketch requests because Tumblr people like them and I like people liking my things. If you have any characters or costumes you'd like to see, let me know.

It was actually kind of funny, like most tropes involving the character, until the fanbase ran it into the ground. :p

Yep. Happens a lot.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
tumblr_n7jwtil9aZ1tal5nlo1_r1_500.gif

I think it would be
the Hunger/Jester Arcana according to Golden.

Jester and Hunger are just the reverse Fool and Strength, respectively. They don't actually exist. It's just what his social link's story embodies.

Like in P3P, Akihiko's social link was The Star because his story fell within the Star Arcana's meaning, even though his Persona is the Emperor Arcana.

Jester and Hunger are just the reverse Fool and Strength, respectively. They don't actually exist. It's just what his social link's story embodies.

Like in P3P, Akihiko's social link was The Star because his story fell within the Star Arcana's meaning, even though his Persona is the Emperor Arcana.

Oh, really? I haven't played Golden or Portable so I wouldn't know that. Interesting.

Hey guys, I'm going to do more sketch requests because Tumblr people like them and I like people liking my things. If you have any characters or costumes you'd like to see, let me know.

Hmmm, can you do Yosuke and Yukari (in her P4AU attire) together?

FluxWaveZ

I feel that a couple of the characters in the final P4AU roster are misplaced. The opposition between Yu and
Adachi
is cool and all, but Rise and that character really should be on the first row, with both random slots moved down.

That one always bothered me. It's like she should go "Oh right, no hand there right now, DUH" afterwards.

And it's even sillier now. Someone'd have to be in a cave to not know. He's in it, he has a Persona, that's all there is to it.

Some people don't know to go into that cave, and some people don't know not to blab like a dullard. It's inevitable.

Persona 4 Ultimax |OT| IT'S SHO-TIME

...And I've already run out of ideas. :V

I actually like that one. Hopefully the 7th OT has a P5 motif one.

Atlus just sent out an email naming him. The cat is out of the bag, man. We can stop now.

Except not everyone subscribes to the emails and not everyone has beaten the game, so it's probably best that for the sake of the rules in the thread we keep the cat in the bag. It's really best that we just keep tagging it as spoilers like we have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom