• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because when people ask "What version of Persona 4 should I play" the answer is Golden if you have a Vita, since it's the best version of it. If you have no access to one, only then is 4 PS2 the correct answer.

You can't answer "What version of Persona 3 should I play" without giving a paragraph of an answer detailing the positives and negatives of both versions.

I understand, still... I dont know, I don't think there are going to make more remakes of P3.

Eh, I'll have to disagree on this one. The protagonist not being directly involved in some of their histories/interactions makes them feel like an actual group of people. The IT in 4 are a more pleasant group to be around, but they all just function as an extension of your supposed awesomeness. Being constantly reminded that you can do no wrong even though you barely say anything. Rise and Yosuke are the most guilty of this.

Even before playing P4 I always thought the P3 group were a disjointed group of friends. I don't feel, even if they all live in the same dorm, that they have any meningful interaction whith each other. Partners? absolutely. Friends? nah.
I don't think you are wrong that your friends group function as an extension of your character in P4, but how they interact with each other when you are with them, you totally believe there are a group of good friends that are shit at helping each other becuase they fear the rest of the group will hate them if they know about their problems.
Thats why I like much more the group in P4 than 3, but from what you say I can understand why you feel different.

Happy Birthday! :D

Happy Birthday, Mags!

I'm guessing this announcement thing is going to turn out to be either about P5 or something really insubstantial. I can't see it being anything else, really.

pan-hime

and everyone's favorite
BmLv7bACEAA19Yp.jpg

Levito

Banned
Hating anime, while at the same devoting yourself to Persona to the degree that you post in this thread every day is akin to people that say they hate videogames but love Call Of Duty and Madden. Especially when you make sweeping statements as to why the anime medium sucks when you've seen next to nothing from it! Silly closet weebs.

Boy I hope that announcement next week is about P5 finally, dying for info.

Hating anime, while at the same devoting yourself to Persona to the degree that you post in this thread every day is akin to people that say they hate videogames but love Call Of Duty and Madden. Especially when you make sweeping statements as to why the anime medium sucks when you've seen next to nothing from it! Silly closet weebs.

45625045.jpg

Pls

Necrovex

I am going to cry as Atlus announces the English release will be in 2015, thus being forced to play it in 2017 due to my move,

leofficialshniz

Neo Member
The whole idea of leveling up in a fighting game has piqued my interest. I wonder if movesets will be customizable, or if they will just stick to stat upgrades, and do the math regarding damage, movement speed, etc.

Sophia

dontlistentoherlies.jpg, #BELIEVE

Region locked stream + preview of the P3 movie beforehand = It's probably not Persona 5. Atlus didn't region lock the stream last time when it was game related stuff so....

The whole idea of leveling up in a fighting game has piqued my interest. I wonder if movesets will be customizable, or if they will just stick to stat upgrades, and do the math regarding damage, movement speed, etc.

You can have up to four skills and pick how your stats are distributed. Think like World Tour mode in Alpha 3, basically.

PK Gaming

tumblr_inline_n4k5ayH81Z1qdyshm.gif

People hating on anime now? Why is that everytime I come to this thread either there is some stupid discussion going on or a shower of weird images pouring down?

Sophia

People hating on anime now? Why is that everytime I come to this thread either there is some stupid discussion going on or a shower of weird images pouring down?

There's a lot of sub-community jokes, like the anime discussion one. Sometimes people go too far with them tho. :p

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that the new announcement is a Person 4 Arena OVA!

There's a lot of sub-community jokes, like the anime discussion one. Sometimes people go too far with them tho. :p

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that the new announcement is a Person 4 Arena OVA!

Hmm....that sounds interesting. I actually wouldn't mind that. I'd prefer it to be a full length however.

I could see a series of Persona 4 Arena OVAs. Hopefully this will be better than the Persona 4 the Animation OVA.

Dantis

I think it'll probably be something mega small scale. I think there is virtually no chance it's a game.

arue

The fact that the stream will be region locked means there is a low chance that it's game-related. I'm thinking it's a new Persona concert or the announcement of the third movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom