• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

"This is a love hotel"

"Oh for fucks sakes"

"Dante you think you're the only ones who can... wait what?"

I got some serious deja-vu with the Nick Fury fanfiction. It feels like I heard it before...

I really do enjoy anime, but university, work, and video games says otherwise. I just don't have the time I used to when I was an outcast high school teenager in order to watch all the anime I want. Hell, I joke about "waifu culture" with almost every single post I make.
I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this, but you're waifu a shit.

Is there any possibility that there will be a stream of Friday's stream for those outside of Japan? I would certainly be hype for a Persona 4 Arena OVA as well.

I'm so sorry.

(Click image for episode link)

Awesome episode guys. I loved the Teddie fanfic, Jello and Pan did so well as Teddie and Labrys! This needs to happen again, but don't include the Fuuka & Penaut butter one...
Yes, include it, pls.

Also, a Persona 4 Arena OVA would be great.

Now I undertand why there was nigk fury in the image hahahaha.
That was amazing.
The teddie love sex and ending and the mlp ones were incredible, so fucking horrific, couldn't stop laughing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Now I undertand why there was nigk fury in the image hahahaha.
That was amazing.
The teddie love sex and ending and the mlp ones were incredible, so fucking horrific, couldn't stop laughing.

And the funny part is, wee didn't even finish the chapter with Teddie/Labrys, there's more of it lol.

Jachaos

Huh. So I finished Persona 3 FES but was wondering what I would've named my FemMC if I had gone with that. I try a random name generator, put in Japanese and it gives me Rei Kotone. Then I look up the actual name and it's Kotone.

Is Kotone this popular in Japan or is this just an amazing coincidence ?

Marche90

LTTP but happy birthday man!

This has nothing to to with anything but everyone in here should play PSO2 :p

Can I get an easy-to-follow route? :p

I was playing Ragnarok Online recently, but I realized that I get bored in that game way too fast. I need a new mmo :lol

EDIT: Jose, you're still WAAAY ahead of me. I haven't even gotten past the sixth episode. I'm waiting to get a dedicated music player to get through all of them :lol

Wasn't the name Makoto Yuki created for the movie? Or am I making that up?

I always think of Minako/Minato for the Persona 3 MC names. I guess that was just the first thing I saw online or something. I only recently heard of Hamuko for FeMC. Where does that name come from?

Edit: Argh I'm behind on the podcast! I haven't even listened to the M for Mature one yet >.<

hao chi

I always think of Minako/Minato for the Persona 3 MC names. I guess that was just the first thing I saw online or something. I only recently heard of Hamuko for FeMC. Where does that name come from?

Well, Minato was his name in manga, and Minako is just a variation of that for the FeMC. Makoto Yuki, like you said was created for the movie, but is almost definitely the canon name, similar to how Yu was Souji Seta in the manga then the P4 anime and P4A used Yu Narukami as his name.

Hamuko is just another fan-created name for FeMC as far as I know.

Meia

Edit: Argh I'm behind on the podcast! I haven't even listened to the M for Mature one yet >.<

Yeah, the name was created for the movie. I thought they also chose a name that could be used for both sexes on purpose, and that the stageplay could have either a male or female protag on certain nights?

Ah well, still prefer the name Minako, but then again guess that was only when Makoto's most popular name was Minato.

Well, good thing I decided to give the podcast a listen now. GODDAMN!! Hahahaha, it was hilarious up 'til the end!

... Why I didn't thought of that first? o.o
Oh well, I'm going in later, hopefully someone will be there by then.

the game is down for maintenance until midnight today though, just lettin you know!

"The name's Nick Fury, I'm the director of Shield."

cz37zfoHFe

CorvoSol

Persona 2: Innocent Sin

I realize that Lisa is supposed to be my glorious American chinese weeaboo Chie mom character, but frankly I kinda love Kozy. I mean she's not more attractive physically, but there's something about this portly reporter girl helping me out that's awesome. I really hope she's a somewhat permanent member of the cast. It'd be nice to have a plus sized cast member on full time.

I also LOVE rumors as a thematic element in the game. Like, Persona 4 was all about finding the truth and so having Persona 2 ask me to spread rumors and lies instead is just sort of awesome and twisted in the right way. It's also nice to see things from Persona 1 pop up. I think only The Nanjo Group was mentioned in Persona 3 and I don't expect to ever hear much about P1 again in the series (which is sad, because I loved that game's plot) so I'll enjoy what I can get here. That said, I wonder how Ms. Saeko puts up with PRINCIPLE Hanya. That guy is the worst.

Oh, and instead of coming up with a nifty nickname at the start or just keeping Ta-Chan, I am now TATS-MAN. Because that is both cool AND manly!

The soundtrack is kinda sorta the weakest in any Persona game I've ever played, but it's not bad. Just not the awesomeness that was P1P's.

But I'm going through this and the next game with cheat codes to have all the spell cards I will ever need. I'm sorry, especially to buddha, but I don't have it in me to sit through two more games of demon negotiation.

I realize that Lisa is supposed to be my glorious American chinese weeaboo Chie mom character, but frankly I kinda love Kozy. I mean she's not more attractive physically, but there's something about this portly reporter girl helping me out that's awesome. I really hope she's a somewhat permanent member of the cast. It'd be nice to have a plus sized cast member on full time.

I also LOVE rumors as a thematic element in the game. Like, Persona 4 was all about finding the truth and so having Persona 2 ask me to spread rumors and lies instead is just sort of awesome and twisted in the right way. It's also nice to see things from Persona 1 pop up. I think only The Nanjo Group was mentioned in Persona 3 and I don't expect to ever hear much about P1 again in the series (which is sad, because I loved that game's plot) so I'll enjoy what I can get here. That said, I wonder how Ms. Saeko puts up with PRINCIPLE Hanya. That guy is the worst.

Oh, and instead of coming up with a nifty nickname at the start or just keeping Ta-Chan, I am now TATS-MAN. Because that is both cool AND manly!

The soundtrack is kinda sorta the weakest in any Persona game I've ever played, but it's not bad. Just not the awesomeness that was P1P's.

But I'm going through this and the next game with cheat codes to have all the spell cards I will ever need. I'm sorry, especially to buddha, but I don't have it in me to sit through two more games of demon negotiation.

That's all good, I mainly just want people to experience the story and characters!

Someone hasn't been to Mu!

hao chi

So I'm just trying to keep track of the Ultimax avatars being used at the moment for no particular reason: Yukari, Mitsuru, Labrys, Teddie, and Naoto.

Any I'm missing?

Nachos

Happy birthday!

Makoto is an androgynous name. Intentional or not, if that's MCs canonical name I don't understand why it wouldn't be FeMCs as well.
I forgot it was, but it would be nice to get some confirmation, or even some acknowledgement at this rate. Has she even been referenced since the release of P3P?

I'm so sorry.

(Click image for episode link)
._.
And the funny part is, wee didn't even finish the chapter with Teddie/Labrys, there's more of it lol.
._.

I'm saving the podcast for tomorrow's commute, can't wait :)
If you're taking public transportation like a bus, I'd suggest listening to it beforehand, so that when the hilarious parts come, you'll be better prepared to stifle your laughter.

What's the personer version of My Immortal?
Someone needs to edit that to be Persona-themed. Lord knows it would finally offer the dark college setting we've all been fiending for.

Nachos

Bit of a random request, does anyone have adachi's p4 portrait pic in high quality or hd?

Im referring to this one

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090105111806/megamitensei/images/5/55/P4-Adachi.jpg

As far as I know, no one's been able to rip any Vita sprites yet, so you'll have to settle for the PS2 rips. I'm on my phone, so I can't check myself, but The Spriter's Resource should have it.

EDIT: Whoops, meant to edit my post instead of making two.

Andrefpvs

If you're taking public transportation like a bus, I'd suggest listening to it beforehand, so that when the hilarious parts come, you'll be better prepared to stifle your laughter.

Thanks, but I'll let it all out if I need to, like a man! If someone gives me weird looks, I'll just laugh harder :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom