• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, they could throw a Persona character and stage in the next Sonic kart game.

I think it's better not put Sonic and humans in the same game.... lol

Besides, it would be cool to have Persona related items.... like Ziodyne lightning, Agidyne bomb, Garudyne hurricane and stuff like that to hit the other karts... :D

FluxWaveZ

I think it's better not put Sonic and humans in the same game.... lol

I dunno, man. Have you seen some of the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed cast? Teddie or Jack Frost would fit right in. Haha, heck, so would Yu riding Izanagi.

Danica Patrick is a character in that game.

Yu riding Mara in Marukyu Striptease?

DQ1bkGi_rnm4.gif

I dunno, man. Have you seen some of the Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed cast? Teddie or Jack Frost would fit right in. Haha, heck, so would Yu riding Izanagi.

Danica Patrick is a character in that game.

Yeah, I have that game. lol

I was doing a joke reference to Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. lol

I never saw this in P4G. How do I get this?

As you progress in the game, stuff will unlock in the TV Listings section, ranging from animated cutscenes, Persona Live concert segments, Mr. Edogawa's Classroom thing were he'll teach you some of the basics of Jungian Psychology, the Quiz game, Game Music, trailers for both the anime(Persona 4: The Animation) and P4 Arena, along with a few game trailers for each of the games (except Persona 2 strangely), early sketches and artwork of the characters and persona's.

The quiz show? You have go to the TV listings part in the main menu and find the Midnight Miracle Quiz channel. You can also get a bonus channel there when your vita hits midnight.

Oh, that's cool. I thought it was something hidden in the main game. I really should check the other menus... just recently I discovered the School Mode in Danganronpa after beating the game 5 months ago. lol

As you progress in the game, stuff will unlock in the TV Listings section, ranging from animated cutscenes, Persona Live concert segments, Mr. Edogawa's Classroom thing were he'll teach you some of the basics of Jungian Psychology, the Quiz game, Game Music, trailers for both the anime(Persona 4: The Animation) and P4 Arena, along with a few game trailers for each of the games (except Persona 2 strangely), early sketches and artwork of the characters and persona's.

Thanks, I'm gonna check this!

Oh hey, I found a picture of Junpei
and that girl everyone thinks is dead even though it's intentionally ambiguous okay?!

I really wanna see Junpei's story in P4AU so we can see which is the canon version of that.
Funny thing: a friend of mine was playing P3 FES for the first time and when he said he ended the game I asked: "What do you think about Chidori's death?". And he said: "What are you talking about? She ended up surviving!" lol I wasn't expecting that he would "unlock" her alternative "ending".

I really wanna see Junpei's story in P4AU so we can see which is the canon version of that.
Funny thing: a friend of mine was playing P3 FES for the first time and when he said he ended the game I asked: "What do you think about Chidori's death?". And he said: "What are you talking about? She ended up surviving!" lol I wasn't expecting that he would "unlock" her alternative "ending".

Well here's the thing a lot of people miss:
Chidori always dies. The question is a matter of whether or not she comes back. The Answer only mentions her dying, it says nothing of her status at that point.

hao chi

Persona Stalker Club: "The next question asks which protagonist the viewers chose to use—Persona 3 or 4′s—which results in P4 coming in a little higher at 55.2% and P3 at 44.8%."
P4 still winning the fight.

I prefer Makoto over Yu, but I'll probably use Yu so I can see what Makoto has to say.

PK Gaming

Chidori absolutely, absolutely should have died in canon. The impact her death had on Junpei was extremely significant for overall development. It left him with a strong desire to carry on her legacy; to live life for the both of them. That aspect of his development is completely shot if she stays alive. It completely goes against the entire theme of the game as well; realizing the inevitability of death and accepting it.

Worse still, Junpei will have dance around that point in the narrative. I can't stand that kind of wishy-washy nonsense.

Chidori absolutely should have stayed dead. The impact her death had on Junpei was extremely significant for overall development. It left him with a strong desire to carry on her legacy; to live life for the both of them. That aspect of his development is completely shot if she stays alive. It completely goes against the entire theme of the game as well; realizing the inevitably of death and accepting it.

Well then, I mean this in the best possible way, but I hope you end up disappointed.
Also, that whole acceptance of death aesop kind of clashes with the theme of defiance in both 3 and 4 (and especially, it seems, 5)

PK Gaming

Well then, I mean this in the best possible way, but I hope you end up disappointed.
The feeling is mutual.

Also, that whole acceptance of death aesop kind of clashes with the theme of defiance in both 3 and 4 (and especially, it seems, 5)

Defiance certainly wasn't one of the main themes. It was about understanding and accepting the inevitability death, full stop.

Memento Mori. Remember that you will die.

Chidori absolutely, absolutely died in canon. The impact her death had on Junpei was extremely significant for overall development. It left him with a strong desire to carry on her legacy; to live life for the both of them. That aspect of his development is completely shot if she stays alive. It completely goes against the entire theme of the game as well; realizing the inevitably of death and accepting it.

Worse still, Junpei will have dance around that point in the narrative. I can't stand that kind of wishy-washy nonsense.

Think this: if she comes back, she will die by aging. So memento mori is still on the roll. lol

But I agree with you, man, it might disrupt Junpei's improvement as a character.

I'm curious as well. His reveal trailer opens with him fantasizing about asking her to marry him, and when he wakes up he doesn't seem too distraught about not having the opportunity to do it in real life. Of course he could have excellent coping skills.

I'm curious as well. His reveal trailer opens with him fantasizing about asking her to marry him, and when he wakes up he doesn't seem too distraught about not having the opportunity to do it in real life. Of course he could have excellent coping skills.

Yeah, that reveal trailer caught my curiosity.

Yeah, that reveal trailer caught my curiosity.

Or it could just be Atlus trying to trick some of us with false hope.
Or not. Whichever floats your boat.

Also, something just came to me. If Persona 3 says we're supposed to accept death in all it's forms, then why do we bother fighting Nyx at the end?

PK Gaming

Also, something just came to me. If Persona 3 says we're supposed to accept death in all it's forms, then why do we bother fighting Nyx at the end?

If someone points a gun at you with the intent to kill, what's the first thing you're going to do?

Hashino said that the battle against Nyx was pretty much the battle against death itself. The P3 gang faces the inevitability of death straight on, and fight back. They manage to drive back Nyx in the end, but the protagonist ends up dying.

They accept his death and move on in The Answer

koutoru

Fast forward to the end of The Answer, when the protagonists find out that they won't truly be able to defeat Erebus as long as people wish for Nyx (death).
So instead of trying to battle Nyx and Erebus all over again they accept them and vow to live their lives to the fullest.
Which also leads to Aigis's vow to release the P3 Protagonist from his fate.

Fast forward to the end of The Answer, when the protagonists find out that they won't truly be able to defeat Erebus as long as people wish for Nyx (death).
So instead of trying to battle Nyx and Erebus all over again they accept them and vow to live their lives to the fullest.
Which also leads to Aigis's vow to release the P3 Protagonist from his fate.
Really? I thought it was Elizabeth. Or was it Aigis in the Answer and Elizabeth ran with the idea once Arena came around?

In Persona Q he mentions on a few occasions that
he's looking forward to seeing her again. I can't remember what's her status in P3's September though.

I think they accept the inevitability of death, but not the end of the world.

Regarding of Makoto's death: I agree that they accepted his death and have decided to move on and live the life at its fullest. But if there's a possibility to release Makoto and bring him back without putting mankind at risk they certainly will do that. It's not like they are that comfortable with the way things ended. There's no indicative that they think Makoto's death was always meant to be or that he have fulfilled his destiny sacrificing himself. Their acceptance refers more to his choice regarding mankind's safety. If the threat is gone they could bring him back without being selfish or stupid.

Dantis

Looking at the sales data from both Media Create charts, it's evident that PQ at least outperformed P4A initially, but where did the 220k number come from?

Edit: Ah, I see, I think it was from an Index press release (link of which no longer works). That's pretty awesome, though it's not so much that it's surprising given the genre, but the fact that it's the first Nintendo platform Persona game.

It's not surprising, but it's still cool. PQ has done really well, as I think we all assumed it would do. I'll be very interested to see how P4D and P4U do. I think Q will sell the most out of all of them, and I think P4U will sell the least, simply because it's a half sequel when the other two are new releases.

Of course, they have to actually promote P4D to sell any copies of it....

Squire

Banned
Of course, they have to actually promote P4D to sell any copies of it....

I see no reason to worry. The Vita is dead now, but honestly? It was on life support when P4G hit.

There'll come a time where they won't shut up about P4D, just like the others before it.

Acid08

Banned
How can it be dead when Vita means life? And with hot jams like that fucking embarrassing "punishment simulator" how can you say it's dead?

Looking forward to picking up One Piece UWR for it :D

Dantis

I see no reason to worry. The Vita is dead now, but honestly? It was on life support when P4G hit.

There'll come a time where they won't shut up about P4D, just like the others before it.

Honestly, I'm slightly concerned that it's going to get delayed, because it's been removed from the P-CH front page.

Don't say Vita is dead :(

If PQ was released on Vita I bet everyone who bought P4G would have bought it. Sony lost a huge deal with this being a 3DS exclusive.

Squire

Banned
Honestly, I'm slightly concerned that it's going to get delayed, because it's been removed from the P-CH front page.

Has it? I didn't realize that. If it's not at TGS in a playable state, it's probably delayed.

Don't say Vita is dead :(

If PQ was released on Vita I bet everyone who bought P4G would have bought it. Sony lost a huge deal with this being a 3DS exclusive.

Vita is dead. PQ wouldn't save it. The only two things that could would be MonHun or Dragon Quest.

I love the platform, but we do ourselves no favors being unrealistic about it's situation.

FluxWaveZ

Hype PV. Yeah, this seems to be a glimpse of the layout for Episode P4:

a86dNmU.png

So it seems it'll follow some kind of flowchart structure, where perspectives jump from character to character progressively as the story goes on.

And it would have been disappointing if the lobby system from CP wasn't in P4AU, so cool to have it confirmed. Last hyperlink rectangle at the bottom of the site turned out to be a link back to the Persona Channel (though there's still an empty one on the Info page).

Edit: New stuff from the shop guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom