• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest hint for me is that on the char select screen, there's two random buttons (three if you don't download
Adachi
) it's a good way to hide a character slot, if that's the case.

Yeah, i originally thought that 2/3 random boxes would be new characters. I personally thought that
Adachi and Makoto
would fill up the slots at the edge of the screen, whilst the box below narukami would remain random.

If we look at the latest character select screen, we can see that
Adachi
is below Narukami, which could suggest that there will be 2 random boxes in the final game, much like Arena.

biodude

Neo Member
Quick question about the dlc character
I pre-ordered, and it says free for the first week. To my understanding, that means you only get to use
Adachi
for a week before you have to buy right?

abrack08

I pre-ordered, and it says free for the first week. To my understanding, that means you only get to use him for a week before you have to buy right?

No. As long as you "purchase" him from the online store within the free period, he's free forever. If you don't "buy" him that first week, you have to pay

EDIT: And to clarify further, it's the first week that the game is out, NOT the first week you own the game. You should be able to purchase the DLC even if you don't own the game that first week though, so anyone who knows about it in advance should be covered, even if they can't afford the game right away.

Style

Banned
I pre-ordered, and it says free for the first week. To my understanding, that means you only get to use
Adachi
for a week before you have to buy right?

No, it means everyone (not limited to pre-orders) can download it for free the first week. You own it permanently once it is in your download history.

Kssio_Aug

1. When you talk to someone, make sure you're always carrying a persona with a matching arcana
2. Say all the right things
3. Complete every dungeon in one day so you have more free time to complete social links
4. Only engage the sun social link and hermit social link during rainy days

I still cant believe it! I just need 8 days, and only have 7 avaiable! T-T
I will not be able to maximize it for 1 day!!

I am at january 30. I believe the last day is Feruary 5th. I need only 8 ranks up, all from party members (4 members that are at rank level 8).

Junpei Ace Defective here!

So John Hardin posted approximately 17 hours ago "REALLY SOON™" in response to a question about Ultimax region locking and/or European release on twitter.

Just a few minutes ago he posted this "The one time I need inflight WiFi (important announcement going out this a.m.) & plane won't have it. Living nightmare."

Could this important announcement be about Region Lock/Europe?

Atlusprime, want to shed some light on this before your trip? XD

This hotel room is ass tier.
That's the worst tier. . Just saw PV3. The lobby thing looks pretty cool and the story branching looks interesting. Yukari as a navigator is great, now I'm going to have a harder time choosing one. Still need a Ken navigator though to annoy people. "Looks like you lost, maybe you didn't drink enough milk!"

biodude

Neo Member
^ "Looks like you lost, maybe you didn't drink enough milk!"

That would hilarious- ken koon was part of my dream team for the final boss/most the game back in p3p, he wasn't nearly as annoying as I thought he'd be in p3. Can't jeer the spear

Oh man, that new lobby system makes me excited in places. I'm no longer delegated to spectating thanks to my crappiness!

The prospect of Junpei as a navigator gets me hyped as well. I was already gonna main Junpei and make "Da Man" my title, so this is just icing on the deliciously manly cake!

Mdesilva

Oh man, that new lobby system makes me excited in places. I'm no longer delegated to spectating thanks to my crappiness!

The prospect of Junpei as a navigator gets me hyped as well. I was already gonna main Junpei and make "Da Man" my title, so this is just icing on the deliciously manly cake!
Well, this lobby system isn't really for playing with a group. It's basically to simulate the experience of an arcade experience. The regular lobbies should have simultaneous play though, meaning four 1v1 matches can be going at once. Arcade lobby is fun when you're playing online without friends but the connection is a bit worse than regular lobbies (this is all going off Blazblue)

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, again, P4AU's player lobbies should allow for simultaneous play, just like BBCP does. The online lobbies seemed to be a bit laggier than normal matches, so that's one of the reasons I didn't really go into them when I played CP.

Though, players who know each other can target a specific (empty) lobby and play in it for kicks.

Mdesilva

Yeah, again, P4AU's player lobbies should allow for simultaneous play, just like BBCP does. The online lobbies seemed to be a bit laggier than normal matches, so that's one of the reasons I didn't really go into them when I played CP.

Though, players who know each other can target a specific (empty) lobby and play in it for kicks.
One of the best things that would happen is you'd be going around a lobby and suddenly see someone you recognize playing. Pretty neat!

There's like, 12 lobbies per region in America, with 64 player capacity each (I think?). Funny thing is, only one lobby is ever really full in the country at one time, though.

pan-hime

P4GA eyecatcher
BsMxTrxCcAAmc1g.jpg:large

Acid08

Banned
Also, so P4A2 is Zero Escape 3 with that flowchart? rip ZE ;_;
Smed I was having such a great morning

And then you do this to me

Also, I'm assuming some of you would know, which Blazblue game would be good to jump into as a first time player? Only have a Vita btw.

Mdesilva

Smed I was having such a great morning

And then you do this to me

Also, I'm assuming some of you would know, which Blazblue game would be good to jump into as a first time player? Only have a Vita btw.
Do you want the most out of the story or the fighting gameplay?

Narukami's bear chest confirmed for greater than the power of capitalism.
That was a beary subtle joke. I almost couldn't bear it.
I cnt speak for all retailers, but when i ordered Blazblue from playasia, i got hit by a $27 custom fee. Add to that the additional delivery charge and the special edition, it makes quite a massive purchase. I also promised my baby brother a copy.
That sucks man, I mean no region locking is fine, but I wish y'all didn't have to pay more.

Setsu00

I cnt speak for all retailers, but when i ordered Blazblue from playasia, i got hit by a $27 custom fee. Add to that the additional delivery charge and the special edition, it makes quite a massive purchase. I also promised my baby brother a copy.

VideoGamesPlus is seemingly the better alternative, I've heard.

PERSONA 4 ARENA ULTIMAX WILL NOT BE REGION LOCKED FOR NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA

That's what the Atlus Faithful email said. That's good news, I'll wait for the European version to come out though, I am not that interested.
EDIT: Sorry, didn't see someone else posted it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom