• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the 1:58 mark again, can some tell me whats going on in the preview in the top left corner. I know I'm being thick and I'm just not recognising it.

Hype PV. Yeah, this seems to be a glimpse of the layout for Episode P4:

a86dNmU.png

So it seems it'll follow some kind of flowchart structure, where perspectives jump from character to character progressively as the story goes on.

Looks like it branches a fair bit too.

tumblr_n8hpm0cS491t46pjso1_400.png

Edit: New stuff from the shop guide:

Alternative cover is lovely.

FireSol

Damn...with P4U2 they force me to buy PS3, my wallet is already dead (((

Also after getting in to Dynasty Warriors games I wanna Persona spin-off like Hyrule Warriors

Swedesu

Also after getting in to Dynasty Warriors games I wanna Persona spin-off like Hyrule Warriors

Ultimax will also get a 360 version over here just so you know.

And sure every series is going Musou these days so why not.

More hyped than ever. I wanna have some matches with you guys, even though I kind of suck at fighting games. I feel like I might stick to it long enough to learn this time around, since I feel like this community will be pretty active. Also lobbies look awesome. Day 1.

Please no.

Get that DW shit outta. Horrible, horrible hack and slash game.

Also weren't you going to buy a PS3 for Persona 5?

It's not surprising, but it's still cool. PQ has done really well, as I think we all assumed it would do. I'll be very interested to see how P4D and P4U do. I think Q will sell the most out of all of them, and I think P4U will sell the least, simply because it's a half sequel when the other two are new releases.

Of course, they have to actually promote P4D to sell any copies of it....

I don't think they need to promote PD much. The Persona audience is already on Vita as is the fans of that genre.

Has it? I didn't realize that. If it's not at TGS in a playable state, it's probably delayed.

Vita is dead. PQ wouldn't save it. The only two things that could would be MonHun or Dragon Quest.

I love the platform, but we do ourselves no favors being unrealistic about it's situation.

Vita isn't dead in Japan. Its chugging along. Now just don;t expect it to do impressive numbers.

As a Persona platform I think the Vita is far from dead. P4G did 350k on it. I don't expect Vita to get P5G, but it could get a P5P or maybe P5G could be PS3/V since that combo seems quite popular in Japan.

FireSol

Vita isn't dead in Japan. Its chugging along. Now just don;t expect it to do impressive numbers.

As a Persona platform I think the Vita is far from dead. P4G did 350k on it. I don't expect Vita to get P5G, but it could get a P5P or maybe P5G could be PS3/V since that combo seems quite popular in Japan.

I think P5P is quite possible
Still hoping for P4A port for Vita (((

Not surprising to see BBCP's arcade room lobbies brought back here. I never used them much but it was a neat concept, essentially acting like a larger scale all-play lobby than in games that already have them. Maybe I'll use them more here than in BBCP since I still play Arena more.

FluxWaveZ

Not surprising to see BBCP's arcade room lobbies brought back here. I never used them much but it was a neat concept, essentially acting like a larger scale all-play lobby than in games that already have them. Maybe I'll use them more here than in BBCP since I still play Arena more.

Yeah, didn't really use it in BBCP and opted more for normal player lobbies (where players can play each other simultaneously anyways), but I might use it more in P4AU just because I'll be playing it more.

biodude

Neo Member
I think P5P is quite possible
Still hoping for P4A port for Vita (((

Man I'd love a p4a port, and or a p3fes port with p3p's additions, new cut scenes, etc.- but yeah I agree with psycho, I wouldn't say the vita is dead.
Kinda rocky with sales sure, but with the new borderlands 2 bundle and all the games coming out in the fall, I'm sure it'll pickup a bit. The handheld is fantastic, I enjoy it much, much more than my 3ds. There are plenty of games on it as well, I'm not sure why everyone says there is barely a library on it.

Those darn memory cards are still so expensive though, I recently bought a vita and didn't actually expect the cards to be 3-4x more expensive that every other card I have.

FluxWaveZ

Hmm...its not the same situation here.
Also P3P is better game than original P3, yes they changed world exploraion method, but overaly P3P is better

What do you mean it isn't the same situation? I thought Psycho_Mantis specifically delineated P5P and P5G as a reference to the revision styles they explored before, so I'm saying that if P5P means an aesthetic downgrade ala P3P, I would not expect it to happen because Atlus have openly expressed their distaste for what they had to do to Persona 3 to release it on the PSP in at least an interview for P4G.

My PS3 died after YLOD, it will be a re-buy and 360 d-pad is bad for fighting games IMO

My PS3 also died of the YLOD. Fortunately, my friend has "grown" out of games, and was more than happy to give me his ps3.

I still think
Makoto
may show up. That last blank character spot on the website still bugs me.

FireSol

What do you mean it isn't the same situation? I thought Psycho_Mantis specifically delineated P5P and P5G as a reference to the revision styles they explored before, so I'm saying that if P5P means an aesthetic downgrade ala P3P, I would not expect it to happen because Atlus have openly expressed their distaste for what they had to do to Persona 3 to release it on the PSP in at least an interview for P4G.

Not the same sitaution, in my opinion, because Vita is capable to handle P5 without any major sacrifices for core mechanics or visuals, but I might be completely wrong because we didnt see P5 in action.

FluxWaveZ

Not the same sitaution, in my opinion, because Vita is capable to handle P5 without any major sacrifices for core mechanics or visuals, but I might be completely wrong because we didnt see P5 in action.

Oh, well we don't know about that since we don't know anything about P5. That's why I'm speaking conditionally. If it were a case that it could be ported with little inferiorities, I could obviously see it happening.

I still think
Makoto
may show up. That last blank character spot on the website still bugs me.

Huh?

Edit: Oh, I see. Interesting, guess I never gave that any thought. There's also an inconsistency between the number of characters on the rows for both Twitter icon pages. Still, I'm not really expecting a new character at this point. It'd be fun, though:

April = Rise
May = Ken and Koromaru
June = Redacted

Oxiderous

Neo Member

I can totally see a downgrade happening between P5 and P5P but not in terms of a graphics, since the power difference would not be as great as it was between the PSP and the PS2. But P5P can definitely take a hit in terms of memory space used on the Vita chip, where cutscenes can be chopped to make space for the rest of the game.

Please no.

Get that DW shit outta. Horrible, horrible hack and slash game.

Stating opinion as fact, but further discussion is off-topic and irrelevant when the P4Utimax hype train is here.

Dunno if its just my browser, but there is a blank space next to
adachi
on the character page. Sure it doesn't have "coming soon" displayed like before, but it does make me raise my eyebrow.

If this is the entry to tie up all the loose ends,
Makoto
has to show up in some form......hopefully.

Right. If P5 is too much for Vita to handle chances are it won't happen. Though it could also depend on if SEGA/Atlus see if the venture is worth it. Those 350k sales are really the biggest thin Vita has going for it to get another Persona game.

I can totally see a downgrade happening between P5 and P5P but not in terms of a graphics, since the power difference would not be as great as it was between the PSP and the PS2. But P5P can definitely take a hit in terms of memory space used on the Vita chip, where cutscenes can be chopped to make space for the rest of the game.

Stating opinion as fact, but further discussion is off-topic and irrelevant when the P4Utimax hype train is here.

More like you taking my opinion as fact.

I'm surprised we get an episode for DLC guy over Elizabeth. Her P4A storyline seemed pretty important. Are they going to just lump her in the P3 episode? Would be kinda odd, because up to this point she's been acting independently. She's also been missing from all of the revealed story media.

I'm surprised we get an episode for DLC guy over Elizabeth. Her P4A storyline seemed pretty important. Are they going to just lump her in the P3 episode? Would be kinda odd, because up to this point she's been acting independently. She's also been missing from all of the revealed story media.

Probably just ignoring it.

Kssio_Aug

Is there any tip for Maximizing all Social Links on one playthrough if you're doing it only for that? I mean, I will not have to read books or anything, since I have done pratically everything else.

I ask this because on my second playthrough I had no need to upgrade my social status (such as knowledge, courage, etc.) but still wasnt able to complete it. I have completed everyone but the party member S. Link, theyre just too much! =/

Mdesilva

The new arcade lobby looks great! I like how the view is more asymmetrical than the ones in BBCP, lets you see more of the characters.
n8zwe4gfhs606ibpaur9.png

Can't wait to run around as Chie with a Featherman helmet!

Is there any tip for Maximizing all Social Links on one playthrough if you're doing it only for that? I mean, I will not have to read books or anything, since I have done pratically everything else.

I ask this because on my second playthrough I had no need to upgrade my social status (such as knowledge, courage, etc.) but still wasnt able to complete it. I have completed everyone but the party member S. Link, theyre just too much! =/

1. When you talk to someone, make sure you're always carrying a persona with a matching arcana
2. Say all the right things
3. Complete every dungeon in one day so you have more free time to complete social links
4. Only engage the sun social link and hermit social link during rainy days

Going to meet bunch of Persona weirdos from the Internet tonight, will let y'all know how that goes.

Going to be having some casuals tonight in my room if you wanna hop over at all, if not I'll probably see you some point Friday!

Also, so P4A2 is Zero Escape 3 with that flowchart? rip ZE ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom