• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Eu can buy US copy and play?
Yeah man you're good. If you want the
Adachi
dlc during the first week, you'll need to make a NA psn account and download it. Then you should be able to use the character on your EU account when play Ultimax.
Edit: Beaten like my fear of region locking

Mdesilva

I'd say I'm more there to check out the story, although I do want there to be stuff do to after finishing a story mode.
Continuum Shift Extend has the first two stories, but there's a lot of fluff/repetition like in P4A. Chrono Phantasma is better done but I have no idea how well the story is recapped. The gameplay is much better too.

Zareka

Just read the news about region coding, YES! Thank you Atlus! Time to get my preorder down. Can't wait.

Also, that picture of the IT in Gekko uniforms is awesome.

PERSONA 4 ARENA ULTIMAX WILL NOT BE REGION LOCKED FOR NORTH AND SOUTH AMERICA

That's what the Atlus Faithful email said. That's good news, I'll wait for the European version to come out though, I am not that interested.
EDIT: Sorry, didn't see someone else posted it :D

glad they learnt their lesson.

Rhapsody

Banned
Saw the region lock news. So I'm guessing the Japanese version still is region locked while the US one isn't?

Glad my friends have a Japanese PS3 if that's the case.

Squire

Banned
Saw the region lock news. So I'm guessing the Japanese version still is region locked while the US one isn't?

Glad my friends have a Japanese PS3 if that's the case.

It's weird that people are reading in to the announcement that way when it's far more likely Atlus USA made an announcement about the version of the game releasing in the USA because that's their territory and their responsibility.

Indicates nothing whatsoever about the JP version. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Rhapsody

Banned
It's weird that people are reading in to the announcement that way when it's far more likely Atlus USA made an announcement about the version of the game releasing in the USA because that's their territory and their responsibility.

Yeah, but who knows. Could be intentional careful wording or it could be nothing at all.

Regardless, this is good news for EU people at least.

Maybe, but I'd think if the Japanese version was region-free, Atlus JP would have made the announcement.

Squire

Banned
Maybe, but I'd think if the Japanese version was region-free, Atlus JP would have made the announcement.

That's my point. It's not an Atlus JP announcement, it's Arlus USA. That's the version they're releasing, so that's the one they're discussing. Anything else is out of their hands.

Soma

Not sure if anyone else noticed this, but in the newest ATLUS Faithful email that just went out about the P4AU region lock news, there are a couple of screenshots-- I'm a big fan of their web addresses:

http://www.atlus.com/assets/p4au/best_girl_chie1.jpg

http://www.atlus.com/assets/p4au/best_girl_chie2.jpg

9AIjtkU.png

So Ep 1 of the Golden Animation happened, what were your thoughts?

In my opinion, exactly what we needed. Having seen/played the story of P4 god knows how many times, this quicker pace is a blessing in disguise.

Also, this seems like alpha new game + Narukami, so that should be good for a laugh.

Animation quality seemed very good to me but I'm not really one for nitpicking on things like that.

Overall, I enjoyed it. The fast pace suits people who have been through this before and it seems like the content will be majorly different from the original animation.

Ps. That fucking look Yu gave Marie after her poem had me in stitches!

PK Gaming

P4GA Episode 1

-The character art looks sooooooo much better. It's great!
-Inaba is faithfully recreated. The improvements made to the background are much appreciated.
-Slink characters in the opening, YEAH. (Adachi simping for Ai. #DEAD)
-The pace is lightning quick. There's barely any breathing room, haha
-Yu totally humiliates King Moron. Might as well consider him
dead already.
-Everyday young life at Junes-su ♪
-Yu's way less of an introvert at the beginning, this time around. I hope he's still funny
-I wish they kept things simple for Yu's awakening scene. Didn't enjoy the hilariously over the top battle sequence or the awful CG effects, for that matter.
-Unapologetically for Persona 4 Golden fans. If you haven't played Persona 4, don't bother watching.

Other stuff:
-Yu does NOT hit his head on the table this time. Success!
-Yosuke doesn't need to pee in the TV world this time. Success!
-They're pushing the Yu / Marie ship so hard.
-That's the 2nd time that Chie gets licked! I just realized they did that because she wasn't in the original scene.
Can we get an anime spinoff be about Naoto teaching criminology or w/e the hell she's doing. Please.

That's my point. It's not an Atlus JP announcement, it's Arlus USA. That's the version they're releasing, so that's the one they're discussing. Anything else is out of their hands.

The USA version of Arena was region locked due to the request of the Japanese publisher fearing reverse imports. If Atlus USA knows about their version's region-locking status, then the JP side knows theirs too. If every version of the game was region free, I'd expect them to make the announcement, or at least announce their version first, since they would know first.

Jinto

I enjoyed it, but I was hoping to be able to watch this with someone who hasn't played the game, and the pacing may be too quick for that. Looks like I'll have to watch the first one with her, then this.

Squire

Banned
The USA version of Arena was region locked due to the request of the Japanese publisher fearing reverse imports. If Atlus USA knows about their version's region-locking status, then the JP side knows theirs too. If every version of the game was region free, I'd expect them to make the announcement, or at least announce their version first, since they would know first.

Then take it up with Atlus Japan.

Soma

Well it looks nicer than the original anime that's for sure.

I guess I kinda appreciate the fast pacing for someone who's gone through the Persona 4 story sooooooo many times before but I think it just ends up biting itself in the ass. Most of the episode just feels like a disjointed sequence of events in order to get to the important Golden parts. Not to say that there isn't any enjoyable moments (lol that CQC handshake with Morooka) but it feels like it's lacking a lot of nuance to make it a solid show to stand on its own feet.

kewlmyc

Maybe the first game being region locked wasn't a big deal in Japan so they didn't bother announcing the second one being region free worldwide.

Moonlight

Banned
NG+ is an interesting concept in theory, and fun to play but I really dislike it narratively. What's there to honestly latch onto with a protagonist so obviously stronger than everyone and anything else, always knows the right thing to say and do, has every answer immediately, and has no apparent hang-ups or flaws. The 'action scene' is my case and point. Even compared to the original show, at least that had some degree of dramatic gravity. In Golden, it's utterly static. Izanagi floats arms-crossed while scores of lightning bolts cut through a needlessly huge swarm of bad CGI blobs. No one is in any tangible degree of danger and there's nothing dynamic about what's happening at all. Yu is just standing around looking like a dork with his hand outreached while Izanagi flaccidly and leisurely swipes through a swarm of bad-looking visual noise in the background. Who cares.

It's all a power trip. A boring one.

Needless to say, I did not like this.

Also, that bullshit that Izanagi was doing at the end, I don't even think was an actual spell. Get that shit outta there.
Crossposting from the other thread. Already have a feel for the show's pacing, too. I get the impression it'll just fast forward through all the vanilla story beats, pause for Golden content, and get right back to the fast forward. I understand why, but it doesn't make for enjoyable viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom