• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdesilva

The one where they are pitching the show to NBC if I remember.

Which again, doesn't make sense without setting the couple of prior episodes where they get the idea.
Damn, that's a really long arc to come into lol.

Start with the beginning, work your way up. It's such a fun show.

The one where they are pitching the show to NBC if I remember.

Which again, doesn't make sense without setting the couple of prior episodes where they get the idea.
Hah out of all the Seinfeld episodes, he watched one (of the few) where some prior knowledge is necessary to fully understand it.

Dudes, Seinfeld is a classic -- give it a shot! If it's still not your thing after a few episodes, well then I guess it's just not for you.

You guys say that, but the first episode I ever saw was The Shoes (which is part of that arc, unless I'm mistaken) and that's actually pretty easy to get into. But then again I suppose it's more self-contained with its damn-it-George-stop-perving-on-15-year-olds plot

Lunar15

Hey SeinfeldGAF. I was just thinking the other day about how much Elaine is my waifu. She's really so much better than Kramer.

I really hope they announce Newman for Seinfeld Arena Ultimax. The game really needs a villain character.

Hey SeinfeldGAF. I was just thinking the other day about how much Elaine is my waifu. She's really so much better than Kramer.

I really hope they announce Newman for Seinfeld Arena Ultimax. The game really needs a villain character.

We've already got The Soup Nazi and Tim Whately (plus his evil alternate, Dr. Tim), what more could you want?

Lunar15

Stop

Stop

Stop

Stop

jerry-seinfeld-kramer-pocker-face-Newman-winner-laugh.gif

Squire

Banned
In all seriousness, I'll probably get around to starting Seinfeld from the beginning, given the legacy. You should all know by now I like SoL works.

I don't know, Maya's first Persona is a mess, visually. Way too much going on. Her second, as goofy as it is, is more consistent and aesthetically pleasing.

I like you. You actually read and remember the narration from Persona 4 Arena. In fact, I think that makes you my favorite junior. :p
:D
Does that come with the game in Japan?
I think it's exclusive to the first copies.
Hahaha, amazing!. The catgirl part was the best lol
I imagine there are people without accounts that just read persona community threads like one would watch a sitcom.
That's kinda true. :p
The last 4-5 people at least to get on GAF/start posting here lurked the thread for months.
Yup.
Yukari is like, the only person whose Persona looks worse when it upgrades.
Agreed.

CorvoSol

Please. Yosuke's Personas are amazing. Each one is dumber and funnier than the last. If his Personas looked cool, that would be bad.

But Yukari's Persona goes from shadowmaiden on a cow's head to weird ass torso demon.

Anyway, I have some P1 and P2 questions I'd like answered. Mind you I'm only up to my first visit in Cuss High, so don't over spoil me, but here's what I wanna know and what I think I understand as I understand it:

All Persona spoilers follow

Basically, my questions are about Shadow Selves. Kandori refers to Maki, Aki, Mai and Pandora as Shadows of the real Maki, and all of Another Mikage-Cho is essentially Maki's dungeon, since the game flat out says it's a world she created as her ideal version of the city. I suppose that all four Makis represent different aspects of Maki herself. Maki is her idealized self, the Maki we meet in the Sea of Souls is her consciousness and will, Mai is her innocence, Aki is her needs or instincts, and both are her inner child. Pandora is Maki's Shadow Self, since it does the traditional boss monster form and is the one actively trying to replace Maki herself. I say this because while Aki behaves petulantly and Mai tries to hide from who she is, none of Maki's "Shadows" really try to replace her except Pandora. You could argue that Makideal does, but it's pretty reserved and laid back an attempt for a Shadow.

So with regards to P1, how much do I have right? Kandori calls the different Maki's her shadows, but obviously they're not all Shadows in the same sense that say, Yosuke and Chie's Shadows are Shadows. If anything, Makideal feels closer to Ryoji and Teddie than a Shadow Self.

And in Persona 2 I've come across Shadow Men, who are the same person, but afflicted with what appears to be some manner of Apathy Syndrome by the Joker. So is being a Shadow Man akin to being a Shadow Self, or, like I said, closer to Apathy Syndrome? Actually, is this question answerable without spoiling large parts of P2? haha, if it isn't, just let me know if I'm on the right track or not.

Moving on, What the fuck's the deal with Ryoji and Teddie, then? Like, Ryoji is apparently the 13th Shadow that split off from the Mega-Shadow during the Kirijo experiment, and part of Nyx, but he seems to have a personality and will of his own, like Teddie, and Teddie, with a will of his own, generates a Persona and a Shadow Self. I get that Teddie is a miraculous anomaly, but as a Shadow that means he's like, the underbelly of somebody else's mind that developed a mind itself, right? So what, aside from cosmic power levels or what have you, is the difference between Teddie and Ryoji?

And moving past that, I'm still kinda confused on how Marie and Izanami work. Are they actual goddesses? Or are they shadows? Can the human mind give birth to non-shadow non-human entities, then? I mean in Persona 1 the demons are pretty clearly products of Maki's mind, and that feels consistent with SMT4 where they say that Angels and Demons are the created by and fed by the human mind. So is it like Hogfather where human faith creates and sustains them? Or are they entities who have existed since long before?

But I'm sorta rambling now.

Pretty much just:
1. What do the different Makis represent? Are they Shadows in anything resembling the P4 and P4A sense?
2. What the heck are Shadow Men?
3. Can beings born of the human mind be something other than shadows?

todd360

I watched levitos video a good 5 times now. It's funny every time. Has Dantis seen it yet? Is he preparing a counter video with that guy?

Since were on the topic of Persona's and their goofiness let's look at Persona 2 Innocent Sin Persona's, yeah I'll admit they are goofy and silly(even's Maya's Ultimate), but some of them are awesome as well.
Tatsuya Suou
Vulcanus
VulcanusP2.jpg

Apollo
Apollo_render.png
Lisa Silverman
Eros
Eros_P2.png

Venus
205px-VenusP2IS.png
Eikichi Mishina
Rhadamanthus
Rhadamanthus_P2.png

Hades
Hades_P2.png
Maya Amano
Maia
art-03.jpg

Artemis
Artemis_P2.png
Yukino Mayuzumi
Vesta
Vesta_P2.png

Durga
Durga_P2.png
Jun Kurosu

Moonlight

Banned
Apollo is a pretty brilliant design even by modern standards. Chronos is pretty great, too. The rest I could live without.

I never really realized the apparent soft 'motorbike' theme though.

CorvoSol

P2

SP regens as time goes on, so healing is NEVER a concern the way it was in P1 or in SMT4, and to respond to this Trish raises the price of her service 5x?

Why would I ever visit this trashy fairy again?

abrack08

P2IS

Shit's getting real. I'm about 11 hours in, and now we've got
The Last Battalion, "The Fuhrer", Maians, Mayans, Aliens, human evolution, Maya is Big Sis, Joker is Jun.
It seems like the story is kinda of heading towards a final boss/conclusion, but How Long To Beat has an average time of 36 hours, can't imagine what other crazy stuff is going to happen. The whole rumors coming true thing, feels like literally anything could happen. I can see why people say P2 has the best story in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom