• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
"I could take a shit in the middle of the thread... and Kyle could clean it up?"
tumblr_m9zxlv7deI1r6epwko3_500.gif

tumblr gifs are garbage but this scene lololol

CorvoSol

I decided to change everyone's Personas in P2 for the sake of variety. So now I have red rag on a pair of wheels, Nekomata, water crow guy, Arianrhod and uh, whatever the fuck I gave Lisa last night. Now I have some questions about how all of this works:

1) I see I can carry 10 Personas and store 24 more. Does that mean that after 34 I have to start discarding Personas?

2) Are these 5 the only party members I get? Because if so an even 6-7 Personas per party member is just fine. Course if other dudes get thrown in the number of Personas we can have over the course of the game shrinks.

Anyway, Kounan is my favorite part of town so far. Not just because it has a beach, but because the most interesting things have happened here already. I met TATS-MAN's brother, Katsuya. Apparently Dadtsuya and Momtsuya did not have very good ideas on how to name their kidtsuyas. Then we went to Maya's apartment. Eikichi and TATS-MAN were both very disappointed. Yukino continues to be "too old for this shit" no matter what happens.

I WANTED to go see the Aerospace museum. Maya SAID we should go there some time. And then she promptly barred the door and refused admission to anyone until we left.

Also I met Eikichi's dad and laughed really hard as his dad realized how silly Eikichi looks. Like for reals, is this guy wearing a skirt?

Now we're at Club Mu, where Lisa is going to prove she is definitely Chie's mother and not Rise's. Even though Satoshi reeeeeeeeeally wants her to be (poor Tamaki.)

PK Gaming

I decided to change everyone's Personas in P2 for the sake of variety. So now I have red rag on a pair of wheels, Nekomata, water crow guy, Arianrhod and uh, whatever the fuck I gave Lisa last night. Now I have some questions about how all of this works:

1) I see I can carry 10 Personas and store 24 more. Does that mean that after 34 I have to start discarding Personas?

2) Are these 5 the only party members I get? Because if so an even 6-7 Personas per party member is just fine. Course if other dudes get thrown in the number of Personas we can have over the course of the game shrinks.

1. Yes.

2. You get one more. That's all I'll say for now...

Anyway, Kounan is my favorite part of town so far. Not just because it has a beach, but because the most interesting things have happened here already. I met TATS-MAN's brother, Katsuya. Apparently Dadtsuya and Momtsuya did not have very good ideas on how to name their kidtsuyas. Then we went to Maya's apartment. Eikichi and TATS-MAN were both very disappointed. Yukino continues to be "too old for this shit" no matter what happens.

I WANTED to go see the Aerospace museum. Maya SAID we should go there some time. And then she promptly barred the door and refused admission to anyone until we left.

Also I met Eikichi's dad and laughed really hard as his dad realized how silly Eikichi looks. Like for reals, is this guy wearing a skirt?

Now we're at Club Mu, where Lisa is going to prove she is definitely Chie's mother and not Rise's. Even though Satoshi reeeeeeeeeally wants her to be (poor Tamaki.)

Dude

Dude

Suou.Katsuya.240.754102.jpg

How did you miss out on calling Katsuya, CAT-SUYA

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you didn't know.

We've come this far...
Ne8IU8a.png

GHKZ3vS.png

Sometimes even I impress myself.
It's the Detective Prince, Naoto Shirogane! With her trusty blue cap (and a wardrobe that seems to consist of entirely blue...) Naoto is ready to solve this course. Despite her short stature, she's quite the powerhouse behind the tee. She doesn't particularly excel in any aspect of the game, but she does it all relatively well. Just don't mention how cute she looks.

That about wraps it up with the last of the Investigation Team.

Jintor

WHY DOES SHE WEAR TARTAN THOUGH

rad as butts, chet. group shot?

I still feel like generally speaking your arm length is off, btw. forearms generally

Lunar15

We've come this far...
Ne8IU8a.png

It's the Detective Prince, Naoto Shirogane! With her trusty blue cap (and a wardrobe that seems to consist of entirely blue...) Naoto is ready to solve this course. Despite her short stature, she's quite the powerhouse behind the tee. She doesn't particularly excel in any aspect of the game, but she does it all relatively well. Just don't mention how cute she looks.

Amazing. Now when's the release date?

PK Gaming

We've come this far...
Ne8IU8a.png

Awesome.

Your cute little descriptions made your drawings even more enjoyable.

Super work there Chet. Now all we need is a Atlus X Camelot joint production for the Persona Golf RPG nobody knew they wanted.

But seriously, I do want this spinoff to be real. Whyyyy

CorvoSol

Not only that, you met an embellished version of him. You're seeing him through the eyes of Tatsuya... he's not like that at all

WHAT

We've come this far...
Ne8IU8a.png

Man, Chet, your stuff is always great. I don't even like Golf but I want to play this game.

I met TATS-MAN's brother, Katsuya. Apparently Dadtsuya and Momtsuya did not have very good ideas on how to name their kidtsuyas.
Hahahaha

You're at Mu, enjoy the tuuuuuuuuuuuuunes.

It's true! It's even reflected in his appearance in both P2 games

IS Katsuya:

Distant, naggy, perfectionist, hardass

EP Katsuya:

Friendly, tenacious, caring (especially when it comes to Tatsuya), CATS

And philosophical in fun ways.

CorvoSol

That's right Lisa. You will be a pop star whether you like it or not!

Oh man, Eikichi thinking she was saying he was her boyfriend was killer. Poor, poor Eikichi.

Squire

Banned
Famitsu said:
01/01. [PS3] Persona 5 (Atlus, Winter 2014) – 678 votes
02/05. [Wii U] Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo, 05/29/14) – 614 votes
03/02. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (Capcom, Fall 2014) – 607 votes
04/04. [3DS] Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (Atlus, 06/05/14) – 578 votes
05/03. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix, TBA) – 576 votes
06/08. [PS3] Tales of Zestiria (Bandai Namco, TBA) – 379 votes
07/06. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III (Square Enix, TBA) – 366 votes
08/11. [PSV] Freedom Wars (SCEJ, 06/26/14) – 339 votes
09/09. [PS4] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 2014) – 263 votes
10/17. [PS3] The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks, 2014) – 260 votes

You can see the full top 30 on Genarsu: http://gematsu.com/2014/05/famitsus-wanted-issue-1326

That's P5 and PQ beating out the likes of FFXV, KHIII, and MGSV: Not A Demo Edition

I know it's Famitsu, but I still think this poll is worth noting as evidence of how the brand has grown. When it was still called Versus XIII, FFXV practically owned this chart. Crazy.

Nachos

It probably takes a lot of effort to actually get something out of the 3DS. The games you just named are fairly big. I'm not even looking at big Vita games. I'm looking at Atelier, Senran Kagura, Akiba's trip, Hyper dimension neptunia, Digimon ect. SMT is not a massive franchise but it certainly justifies having a bigger budget than all of the games I just mentioned. Even Strange Journey(the lowest selling SMT title) put up bigger numbers than the games I just mentioned. I can't think of a single good looking mid tier game on the 3DS, all of the best looking games are fairly high budget. And SMT IV doesn't even look as good as DDS or Raidou in certain parts, and those are super b tier megten spinoffs. Hell PQ is going to get a massive push, bigger than something like DDS and Raidou, and yet it looks like ass. I think the platform, definitely has something to do with the way the game looks, although a budget was certainly a factor. Hell they could have used a modified version of the PS2 megaten engine with the same old PS2 demon models and the result would have likely been a significantly better looking game on Vita. I also think the game was rushed.

You might be right. I don't have the most extensive knowledge of coding, much less coding for games, so maybe there is something to the general work flow for the vita that allows developers to focus more on looks. I was just thinking from the perspective of the cost of making assets. The 3DS is a pretty powerful system, but it's just hampered by that 240p screen and the fact that 3D requires an image to render twice. The Vita's clearly much more of a powerhouse, but I still don't think that aside from visual clarity, there's anything to suggest that SMT4 could'nt look more like 3 if it had the budget backing it. Like you said, it definitely seemed rushed in spots, too.

We've come this far...
Ne8IU8a.png

This is a really nice thing. PGAF needs more of those right now.

Concerning Flux and voice acting:
There's a lot to the discussion that I can't reasonably comment on (not should I), but here's the thing about voice acting: there really aren't any rules set in stone. Nonunion work has no real regulations by national organizations, but the actual payment can fluctuate wildly, and in some cases, blow the payments to union actors out of the water. Being unionized only ensures a set of rights and protections, on top of being guaranteed a minimum payment of $200. Some might get paid only that bare amount, while other, more prolific actors might get paid significantly more, especially for movie stars.

What does that say? Not much, without being a part of a production in LA. I'm lucky enough to have some friends who are sound engineers - people who majored in it and breathe it everyday. They told me that voice productions - their formats, trends, and rates - are very much a regional thing. More local ads reaching small areas might pay next to nothing, while places like good ol' Baltimore might be more mid-ranged, unless DC enters the picture. This is very much a show business, and any reports by paid voice actors with consistent work will be highly circumstantial. I've heard numbers thrown around like an average of $72 dollars per hour for anime for a four hour session, but even that doesn't say all that much.

Not many companies will be so forthcoming with how big their budget is, much less, how they allocate it. For people like us who hash things out about video games over message boards, we just won't be privy to that info. If you really must hear it from the horse's mouth, I can dig up some PDF files to PM you. Speaking of PMs, if you really must continue this, take it there.

You can see the full top 30 on Genarsu: http://gematsu.com/2014/05/famitsus-wanted-issue-1326

That's P5 and PQ beating out the likes of FFXV, KHIII, and MGSV: Not A Demo Edition

I know it's Famitsu, but I still think this poll is worth noting as evidence of how the brand has grown. When it was still called Versus XIII, FFXV practically owned this chart. Crazy.

Never mind that; it beat out Monster Hunter. The new one may be an updated version of a game that came out last year, but that's still huge.

CorvoSol

Most shameful of all is Mario Kart 8 beating out FFXV.

Then again, I tend to get more excited for things that I actually expect to come out. I am sure my grandchildren will line up to play FFXV on launch day, and their grandchildren KHIII.

Jintor

FFXV probably suffers because people still aren't sure what the fuck exactly it is. Uncharted or FF? Maybe both. Who knows anymore.

Then again, I tend to get more excited for things that I actually expect to come out. I am sure my grandchildren will line up to play FFXV on launch day, and their grandchildren KHIII.

Mario Kart is better than that washed up franchise.

Squire

Banned
Never mind that; it beat out Monster Hunter. The new one may be an updated version of a game that came out last year, but that's still huge.

Indeed! I really think they'll break 1m units sold with P5, all said and done.

That's what I found the most weird too. It's crazy. And it nearly beat P5 too. That would have made me sad.

Heh, that is weird, yeah. I'm with Corvo on FFXV though.

FFXV probably suffers because people still aren't sure what the fuck exactly it is. Uncharted or FF? Maybe both. Who knows anymore.

Dude, have you seen the thread for that USG interview with Kitase? That's what I've been saying, but apparently I'm wrong and people know exactly what FFXV is and it's going to be amazing.

CorvoSol

Square probably doesn't. I mean, I hope they do, but FFXIII and FFXIV both launched without Square having any idea what they were.

We've come this far...
Ne8IU8a.png

Very awesome Chet. Whens my Adachi going to make an appearance?

CorvoSol

Mario Kart is better than that washed up franchise.

I hadn't really meant to slam Mario Kart when I said that. It's just that I don't really get excited for Mario Kart anymore because that there will always be Mario Kart is as certain as the rising and setting of the sun.

P2

OH JEEBS.
Lisa doesn't speak any English at all? Holy shit Steven Segal is a terrible father.

Also sudden conflagrations and pyrophobia.

Dantis

We've come this far...
Ne8IU8a.png

Superb! It's great that you stuck with it and finished all the characters, too. That's a ton of effort.

WHY DOES SHE WEAR TARTAN THOUGH

rad as butts, chet. group shot?

I still feel like generally speaking your arm length is off, btw. forearms generally

Because tartan is stylish as heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom