• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Persona 4 sure does take it's time getting started, but it kind of went by fast. Assuming that after the Yosuke shadow battle the game lets you take more control. Anyway, I laugh every time Nanako speaks because of the Hiimdaisy comic dumb plus she sounds so lifeless.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Seriously guys, when's Da Man week. We've been doing this for too long without giving props to the best character in the series.

I'm sorry, that's not how you spell Aigis.

9nu26kb.jpg

I'm sorry, that's not how you spell Aigis.

http://i.imgur.com/9nu26kb.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

My spelling is impeccable, and people draw a buttload of Aigis art even when it isn't Aigis week. Aside from one or two Dantis and Jintor sketches, Junpei hasn't been repped at all.

Dude, this is really good! I think you are a lot better than you think. The Dark Souls and the Snake drawings have impressive details.

Oh wow thanks a lot! I do enjoy giving my stuff a bit of detail, I'm very picky aha! I spend more time on small details that people might not even notice than on the bigger picture, so reading this actually made me happy :)

Marche90

Happy birthday, Marche!

Super Happy Birthday Marche90

Happy Birthday Marche90!

Happy Birthday Marche90.

I did too at first. Then I saw her shadow.

And Happy Birthday Marche90!

Thanks, everybody. PersonaGAF is really the best ;)

Also: Yukiko is actually a pretty cool character after a replay of Persona 4. I wrote her off as a bland character initially

I never really felt that she was that bland. I've always really liked her! Also, I really want her Art Week..

FluxWaveZ

There will be new P4U stage play info this week.
As foretold by the prophecy.

The prophecy that foretold nothing?
Well, this is nothing news...

Hmph, the prophecy that foretold P4A3 being announced next week. All we need now is a P Studio tease on Tuesday.

Edit: I don't realize when it happened (probably a couple of weeks back), but it seems the official website modified the original box art on the "Special" page to add Margaret and Marie. The small box art on the front page also has them on it, though retailers still have the old box art without them. Weird.

Dantis

There will be new P4U stage play info this week.
As foretold by the prophecy.

Hmph, the prophecy that foretold P4A3 being announced next week. All we need now is a P Studio tease on Tuesday.

Edit: I don't realize when it happened (probably a couple of weeks back), but it seems the official website modified the original box art on the "Special" page to add Margaret and Marie. The small box art on the front page also has them on it, though retailers still have the old box art without them. Weird.

Ha, I'd be willing to bet that this is absolutely not happening. :p

FluxWaveZ

Ha, I'd be willing to bet that this is absolutely not happening. :p

How about P5A?

Well, the devs did say Ultimax is the end of the P4 arc, so if they're making a new one, it would make sense to be a spinoff of P5 this time around.
With aged-up Naoto as Robocop.

They've never said this, but alright: P5A to be unveiled before P5 confirmed, and next week.

...Wouldn't be surprised if a 2015 Atlus project was revealed this month, though.

Dantis

How about P5A?

They've never said this, but alright: P5A to be unveiled before P5 confirmed, and next week.

...Wouldn't be surprised if a 2015 Atlus project was revealed this month, though.

I firmly believe they will announce no new projects during the month of August.

LX_Theo

Banned
What if ASW did a Persona Arena game based around an original cast of characters and original story (with P4 and P3 casts including because obviously they would be)?

FluxWaveZ

What if ASW did a Persona Arena game based around an original cast of characters and original story (with P4 and P3 casts including because obviously they would be)?

I suppose this could be an effective way to reuse assets from P4AU if they were to ever make a sequel, but it probably wouldn't be as exciting as it could be if they were completely new people who hadn't been present in Persona up to that point. I think they would still follow the Labrys/Sho/Rei/Zen strategy.

LX_Theo

Banned
I suppose this could be an effective way to reuse assets from P4AU if they were to ever make a sequel, but it probably wouldn't be as exciting as it could be if they were completely new people who hadn't been present in Persona up to that point. I think they would still follow the Labrys/Sho/Rei/Zen strategy.

I see it more as an option for them to make a game without it just being another Persona 4 Arena. Sort of an experimental bridge between P4AU and P5A (which I see as inevitable). I just don't see P5U being announced until quite a bit later once P5 has established itself within the fanbase considerably more. (EDIT) They very well would take a small group of maybe three people and focus the story around them, with the rest of the casts being side characters, and do the same basic thing.

Rhapsody

Banned

Yeah, I don't really see it as a worthwhile venture for them to bridge that gap anyway. It might please some people, but I don't think it'll really be exciting and profitable.

FluxWaveZ

I see it more as an option for them to make a game without it just being another Persona 4 Arena. Sort of an experimental bridge between P4AU and P5A (which I see as inevitable). I just don't see P5U being announced until quite a bit later once P5 has established itself within the fanbase considerably more.

Well, regardless of what happens, I don't think there's any way a sequel to P4AU gets announced within two years from now. I think at this point, "P4A" is really just a brand, and maybe they'd still keep the name even if it featured mostly a completely new cast or P5 characters.

Considering that, if P4U3 was to be announced in 2016-2017, I think that could maybe give P5 enough time to establish itself. If not, then like you said, it would either be the path of including P1/P2 characters or a completely new cast, if we were to assume that there would be a sequel and it wasn't going to be announced 4-5 years from now. I'm not too sure a sequel is inevitable, though, even though Wada would obviously want one.

Edit: Yeah, from a creative standpoint, it's just so hard to imagine a sequel right now that wouldn't be P5 characters added in. Practically everyone from P3 and P4 is in there now. I really don't think P1 and P2 will ever get into the spotlight again. A new cast is a possibility, but like Rhapsody said, I don't think it would be a profitable venture for them given the "hype" factor the two games in the P4U series have had leading up to their release.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, regardless of what happens, I don't think there's any way a sequel to P4AU gets announced within two years from now. I think at this point, "P4A" is really just a brand, and maybe they'd still keep the name even if it featured mostly a completely new cast or P5 characters.

Considering that, if P4U3 was to be announced in 2016-2017, I think that could maybe give P5 enough time to establish itself. If not, then like you said, it would either be the path of including P1/P2 characters or a completely new cast, if we were to assume that there would be a sequel and it wasn't going to be announced 4-5 years from now. I'm not too sure a sequel is inevitable, though, even though Wada would obviously want one.

Edit: Yeah, from a creative standpoint, it's just so hard to imagine a sequel right now that wouldn't be P5 characters added in. Practically everyone from P3 and P4 is in there now. I really don't think P1 and P2 will ever get into the spotlight again. A new cast is a possibility, but like Rhapsody said, I don't think it would be a profitable venture for them given the "hype" factor the two games in the P4U series have had leading up to their release.

Oh, I don't doubt a mass of reused assets and such if they did it. It'd probably be quite a low budget project that really does take on the idea of being experimental. if they did it, it'd be testing the market if that approach has a profitability behind it. Between P4AU and what I still feel is an inevitable game when P5 characters get introduced. Really, it does depend on how soon ASW wants to return to the franchise of course. If its sooner over later, I think this is most likely and the best use of their time. If later, well, it'll be time to get P5 involved and they won't have that chance until after.

Also, remember that the Japanese games don't have that Arena naming concept built into them. P4A simply has Arena in its extended title and P4AU doesn't even have arena in the extended titled after P4. I imagine whenever they release one to put the P5 cast into the fold, the japanese version will be P5: Some about fighting. The localized version sort of has to keep the P5 part of it, and probably keep the Arena like they have with Ultimax to brand it locally.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Inspired by some of the great art you've been doing, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring, with a digital painting I have just completed. I know Aigis week hasn't officially been called yet, but consider this my submission if it goes ahead.

MlN2IF0.gif

FluxWaveZ

Also, remember that the Japanese games don't have that Arena naming concept built into them. P4A simply has Arena in its extended title and P4AU doesn't even have arena in the extended titled after P4. I imagine whenever they release one to put the P5 cast into the fold, the japanese version will be P5: Some about fighting. The localized version sort of has to keep the P5 part of it, and probably keep the Arena like they have with Ultimax to brand it locally.

You don't think the "P4" part would be kept, though? I suppose P5 would be the new hotness, so it might not be harmful to replace the "P4" part with "P5", but it'd also be a bit odd, especially if most of the cast was composed of P3 and P4 characters instead of P5 characters. I can see what you're saying from an experiment standpoint, but that also has the risk of straight up killing the series instead of growing it.

There are too many unknowns about a sequel, especially when looking at ASW themselves. Sprites vs. 3D models. Which consoles. Asset re-use or not (related to the graphics). Story (if P4G epilogue/P4D happens soon after P4AU, when would a P4U3/P5U take place, and how would that affect the roster?)...

Eh, not something to be worried about right now, in any case. P4AU will be fun for a real long time.

I could feel it from here
XKFDtwHm.jpg

LX_Theo

Banned
You don't think the "P4" part would be kept, though? I suppose P5 would be the new hotness, so it might not be harmful to replace the "P4" part with "P5", but it'd also be a bit odd, especially if most of the cast was composed of P3 and P4 characters instead of P5 characters. I can see what you're saying from an experiment standpoint, but that also has the risk of straight up killing the series instead of growing it.

There are too many unknowns about a sequel, especially when looking at ASW themselves. Sprites vs. 3D models. Which consoles. Asset re-use or not (related to the graphics). Story (if P4G epilogue/P4D happens soon after P4AU, when would a P4U3/P5U take place, and how would that affect the roster?)...

Eh, not something to be worried about right now, in any case. P4AU will be fun for a real long time.
I do think so quite strongly. The original was Persona 4: Long Fighting Subtitle because P4 was the latest and the story and cast was more focused on them. It even took place in Inaba. P3 was involved considerably when it was all set and done, but they were still often treated more like guests. Ultimax looks like it is expanding this considerably to make the issue more vague with the various story episodes (though we won't really know what that entails until it comes out), but its also a sequel to a game with P4 in the title while keeping the setting and cast more P4 centric. With this being the end of this storyline, I can't imagine anything with the P5 cast won't put them on the center stage like P4A did for the P4 cast, with the P4 and P3 casts being treated more like guests. They'll name it in accordance with that focus. I'm very confident in that.

But yeah, I'm not going to say my rationale here on them doing an experimental original story/cast has anything to do with what'll actually happen. Its simply a possibility of a route they can take. One that would make sense, like a quite a few other paths would as well.

Style

Banned

They could call it something like Persona: All Star Battle to make it more broad. Then they could use some story element that revolves around time traveling to make the cast of each game meeting each other (and reuse assets). Persona Q showed that they are willing to go that route. But then again, it's all speculation and we don't know if we will ever get a sequel :<

Style

Banned
Here's the my drawing progress:

The first six steps are done in SAI, the last one is done in Photoshop. Hopefully that answers your questions to some degree :p

Echoing the others here. Interesting to see the process and the final piece is amazing!

Top Bottom