• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Hey guys how's it go-
MlN2IF0.gif
O_O
abe-simpson-gif.gif

Lemstar

Attn: all you Americans who posted huge walls of games coming out later this year that you'd like to buy

I haven't posted about it recently, but for those of you who didn't know, Best Buy's paid membership program confers a 20% discount on all new (unopened) games, including preorders. I'm not going to hit my limit of 3 copies per game anytime soon, so if you'd like, I can save you guys some money by ordering games mailed to your address or for pickup at your local Best Buy.

For convenience's sake, I put together a list of upcoming releases sorted by release date. PM me or something if you're interested.

Attn: all you Americans who posted huge walls of games coming out later this year that you'd like to buy

I haven't posted about it recently, but for those of you who didn't know, Best Buy's paid membership program confers a 20% discount on all new (unopened) games, including preorders. I'm not going to hit my limit of 3 copies per game anytime soon, so if you'd like, I can save you guys some money by ordering games mailed to your address or for pickup at your local Best Buy.

For convenience's sake, I put together a list of upcoming releases sorted by release date. PM me or something if you're interested.
Don't they need YOUR signature before the delivery guy can hand over the package to us?

LX_Theo

Banned
Don't they need YOUR signature before the delivery guy can hand over the package to us?

Don't think so. Can't say I've actually looked at the official policies, but I think all they need is an adult to sign confirmation that it was delivered to the right place. I used to sign for people at my house all the time (with my name). Person who signs takes responsibility that it was delivered, essentially.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No. Even if the package was signature-required, they need the signature of the person who's receiving the package. The carrier has no idea (and doesn't care) who paid for it.

Yup, this.

Though for the most part, they are usually not signature required.

FluxWaveZ

Off topic, sorry, but I'd appreciate suggestions for the P4AU Import OT title for when it goes up on the 21st.

It's going up assuming the game's region free (which it most likely is), so the only ones I came up with are: "Region Emancipation", "P-1 Climax" and "The P-1 Saga's Final Chapter." I was thinking any Sho puns would be better for the NA release OT.

Caladrius

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax [Import] |OT| Region One and Done.

My contribution to Naoto Week:
I remember seeing this picture when I was still a lurker. It's been a long time. Happy birthday!

Your coloring work is gorgeous.

Inspired by some of the great art you've been doing, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring, with a digital painting I have just completed. I know Aigis week hasn't officially been called yet, but consider this my submission if it goes ahead.

MlN2IF0.gif

The cake that's too good to eat.

I don't really know where I'm supposed to post this, and what to say, so I'll just explain it here if it's alright.

I ordered this: http://ebten.jp/p/4984995900971/ (P4AU Famitsu DX Pack + Newcomer's Package)

The order went through. I saved the email confirmation, and PayPal transaction. Then, today, while looking at my info on the site, I accidentally clicked the "close account" button. Will my order still be sent? Is someone here on PersonaGAF who is familiar with ebten know how it works?

Sophia

Inspired by some of the great art you've been doing, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring, with a digital painting I have just completed. I know Aigis week hasn't officially been called yet, but consider this my submission if it goes ahead.

MlN2IF0.gif

This looks like Pineapple Pie. I would know, I've seen quite a few of those in my lifetime. Also you're a horrible person despite how funny this image is. ;_;

FluxWaveZ

Changed my PC's internal clock to 8/27 and visited the P4AU site. Looks like the picture that currently displays the box art changes to a picture that isn't uploaded yet. Maybe the updated art with Marie and Margaret is the actual box art?

You meant "isn't", right? Since the updated art with Marie and Margaret is the currently displayed box art.

FluxWaveZ

Correct. Sign of the rumored 4th DLC character? Maybe, but probably not.

Gotcha. I doubted there was going to be another DLC character, thinking that another character would be something like BBCP's Kagura, but now I dunno. Hm. It's interesting. Is it only for that time where the current box art disappears?

PK Gaming

Off topic, sorry, but I'd appreciate suggestions for the P4AU Import OT title for when it goes up on the 21st.

It's going up assuming the game's region free (which it most likely is), so the only ones I came up with are: "Region Emancipation", "P-1 Climax" and "The P-1 Saga's Final Chapter." I was thinking any Sho puns would be better for the NA release OT.

Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold: The Sho Begins

Persona 4 Ultimax: The Sho Must Go On

By the way, who's handling the NA OT?

FluxWaveZ

By the way, who's handling the NA OT?

Hm... I do like the Sho puns.

I believe we.are.the.armada will be the one heading the NA OT. Not sure if we'll just make a copy/paste of the import OT or if he'll be doing his version. Guess we'll see.

No, only checked the day before and the release date. Release date has a second un-uploaded picture, but I'm guessing that's a "Buy it now" pic.

I'm interested on what date it changes, but eh, too tired to check tonight.

The plot thickens.

FluxWaveZ

Checking it myself. The dates correspond to character announcers on the website:

August 11: Elizabeth
August 12: Labrys
August 13: Nanako
August 14: Naoto
August 15: Fuuka
August 16: Teddie
August 17: Akihiko
August 18: Kanji
August 19: Aigis
August 20: Yukiko
August 21: Mitsuru
August 22: Chie
August 23: Ken
August 24: Yosuke
August 25: Junpei
August 26: Rise
August 27: Yukari
August 28: Yu
August 29: Minazuki
August 30: [Redacted]
August 31: Marie
September 1: Margaret
September 2: Nothing

Mystery solved!

Edit: This more than anything before makes me believe Margaret is the final character (unless Fuuka and Nanako were PCs... which can't be happening). The two possibilities I had in mind were Makoto and the Malevolent Entity—and maybe it would be weird for those two in particular to be all "Hey, what's up? Buy this game!"—but there's been no indication at all that there would be any other character after Margaret. Unless this really is some major secret they're keeping until the game releases (which would mean literally nothing indicating their presence until that point, and not even having them be announcers on the website shortly post-release), everything has been pointing to Margaret being the last one (DLC cards, this website discovery, box art, etc.).

Yukiko's trailer mentioned [Redacted] the day he was revealed. Teddie's trailer mentioned Marie the day she was revealed. Marie's trailer showed Margaret two weeks before she was revealed. If Margaret's trailer doesn't hint at anything, that's another check mark.

I'm watching a Let's Play of P4G (while skipping Marie S. Link and night conversations) and wow, it's a lot way easier. There are this skills cards which you can use to put a selected skill to any Persona you want, Shadow Yukiko got a weakness and the Prince runs away, the Shuffle Time just fuckin' gives you the cards to select and even describes it's use, now the people with quests will have a sign over their heads, etc. I feel truly mega oldschool hardcore right now
yes I'm being delusional and need to play other Megaten games

I like that the shadows have now a mask and the Gold Hand has its own model. Also, Kou and Daisuke & Ayane and the drama chick having a conversation the day their clubs are available is pretty cool.
Alright, decided to look into it and.... it's nothing.
At least you resolved the case, Naoto.

Yeah. I presume this was how some players could run Izanagi for their entire run.

Guilty as charged lol. I did the same with Orpheus on P3P for my first two runs of that. Meanwhile when I played FES before P3P I really only kept him around for a while because Cadenza was pretty damn helpful for a while. Shame that's how it was since I really liked Orpheus. In hindsight that's probably why I kept him around those first two P3P runs since I like him so much. By the end of my second P3P playthrough he had all 4 dynes, Megidolaon, Salvation, and I forgot the last two things lol (I do remember one melee attack in there). Stat boosting cards helped in keeping him relevant too during all of that time, and if I'm not mistaken he was maxed out in stats during the NG+. Kinda felt like a mad scientist those playthroughs, all things considered.

It really makes things too easy in ways lol.

I remember even less how my Izanagi turned out after one playthrough of P4G, but he had 3 of the 4 ma-dynes off the top of my head.

CorvoSol

Yeah. I presume this was how some players could run Izanagi for their entire run.

This is exactly how I managed to field Izanagi for the entire run. It's also more or less how I managed to keep Orpheus viable for the entirety of P3P.

In other news, Persona mutations fucking suck. Every persona involved in my attempt to mutate this persona has gained the ability to mutate into another Persona, and all of them have had multiple parameter increases and new skills.

But will Shaka fucking evolve for me? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooo

Xenoflare

I have question regarding PQ, and this probably would be considered as spoilers. Although it's more about the game's mechanics.... but just in case.

Will the main personas of the cast evolve? (like Jiraya to Susano-o) is it plot related or level related?

Thanks, I'm just curious.

I have question regarding PQ, and this probably would be considered as spoilers. Although it's more about the game's mechanics.... but just in case.

Will the main personas of the cast evolve? (like Jiraya to Susano-o) is it plot related or level related?

Thanks, I'm just curious.
Yes, they do evolve. They evolve after doing a quest for Margaret (I think it's fighting her). She says something different about Koro and Shinji.

Xenoflare

Yes, they do evolve. They evolve after doing a quest for Margaret (I think it's fighting her). She says something different about Koro and Shinji.

So all of the main personas evolves in one quest? Wow. Will Koro and Shiji make sense... since they never had evolved personas in P3

Xenoflare

It seemed like a lot of people online thought that Liz's Ghastly Wail is called Momento Mori in the JPN version, but it's not. LOL.

I like the first and third one. First one more though.

MlN2IF0.gif

SFbQNfZ.gif

Also, is Persona gaf on the TGS hype train. P5 reveal at TGS?!?!?!?!?

FluxWaveZ

I think we might hear about P5 slightly before or slightly after TGS, but perhaps not TGS itself. That news about there being a big PS4 game reveal from Famitsu does have me interested, though.

Top Bottom