• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Sophia

S98Blpn.png

source

omg..... o_o

Aigis Teaches Nanako the Junes Song
Oh man, Karen Strassman is such a good actress.

OMG.... O_O!

What awesome things to wake up to after knocking out at 9 PM.

Wow! She can pull Nanako off almost without trying. It seems like her Aigis needs direction though.

Dont get me wrong, its definitely Aigis, but it's more Yakushima Aigis rather than end of P3/Arena Aigis, which is distinctly less robotic sounding.

And I'm in no position to speak considering she IS the character, but when I think of Aigis I think of the less robotic, more human sound that she has now. I dont think its the words, its the gaps between the words.

Anyone understanding me?

Yeah definitely. I think older Aigis was channeled for the distinctiveness.

This Eva poster makes me feel sad. P3 characters at least have a happier ending

Well maybe we'll get a happier ending with Rebuild.....

I love that poster; especially how it "evolves" from one movie to the next. I never found a clean or hd version of those sadly.

http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/uyOExJJIHaPEOBcN48EdBXL9XeX.jpg
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121209191727/evangelion/images/b/b6/Rebuild_of_Evangelion_2.0_Poster.png
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/4479/384228-a0109587_170213.jpg

Sophia

The second movie image is 5MB due to being a .png file. Be careful when linking those, cuz they can make the page take longer to load x.x;

I still can't get over how bad the third movie was. After how good the first 2 were I didn't think it could take such a nosedive. The story always goes to shit after that point no matter how many times they try.

Dantis

So I just had a competely random thought: My brother was joking that they might as well have made Marie the protagonist in P4GA, which made me realise that would have actually been really interesting if P4GA had actually been a female protagonist retelling of P4. It would have been less commitment from Atlus, and people would have loved it.

I still can't get over how bad the third movie was. After how good the first 2 were I didn't think it could take such a nosedive. The story always goes to shit after that point no matter how many times they try.
I kind of liked the third movie; we'll have to see how they'll put it all together with the fourth movie though.
I love you.

That Aigis, Jesus. You guys torture me with all this great art. I want to draw something so badly :'( Once exam week is over I'll be all over whatever character you guys pick.

Just a question, I've only recently moved over to digital, and my quality there isn't as great as I would like yet. Is artist PGAF against hand drawn stuff? I'm more comfortable with a pencil and paper in hand than with a tablet.

That Aigis, Jesus. You guys torture me with all this great art. I want to draw something so badly :'( Once exam week is over I'll be all over whatever character you guys pick.

Just a question, I've only recently moved over to digital, and my quality there isn't as great as I would like yet. Is artist PGAF against hand drawn stuff? I'm more comfortable with a pencil and paper in hand than with a tablet.
I'm pretty sure no one would complain about a piece of art, whether hand-drawn or digital.
Just do what you like :)

You probably won't reach some people skills with MS Paint. But eh, what can you do.

Setsu00

If you feel more comfortable with pen and paper, go ahead. Drawing is about having fun and not about pleasing others.

Sophia

If you can draw hand-drawn stuff as good as that image on your Twitter, then go for it. Because that Snake image is pretty damn amazing. o_o

Style

Banned

Like Setsu00 says, it's about having fun so use whatever you like most. Also, your Big Boss drawing is pretty awesome.

Thanks guys dully noted! Hand drawn it is then!

And Sophia and Monsoon thanks for the nice comments! My hand drawings are pretty much like what you saw yes. I believe I have some stuff posted on my twitter but you'd have to look through my gallery I'm not too sure... I like to draw in a shadow heavy style, silhouette-like, I stick to black and white too, that Snake drawing was my first with actually some color in it (just red aha). I'm really bad with colours since I have very little sense of which to use, I work with a gray scale in mind only :p

And Sophia and Monsoon thanks for the nice comments! My hand drawings are pretty much like what you saw yes. I believe I have some stuff posted on my twitter but you'd have to look through my gallery I'm not too sure... I like to draw in a shadow heavy style, silhouette-like, I stick to black and white too, that Snake drawing was my first with actually some color in it (just red aha). I'm really bad with colours since I have very little sense of which to use, I work with a gray scale in mind only :p
Can't wait to see it, I love that style of drawing.

I used to draw a lot when I was younger, but I haven't drawn in like 5 years or so? Even more probably. I think it's mostly because it takes too much time, I prefer doing other stuff. Sometimes I kinda miss it though.

Setsu00

Oh, wow! I just saw your drawing on Twitter... That's really cool! Also, colors are rather hard to get right. I started coloring my drawings only a few months ago, so I'm pretty much a beginner too :D.

Marche90

I don't remember, is this the second or the third time that I have posted this image on PersongaGAF?

Uv1tdgy.gif

(I need to add a ring or two to the left)

I can't believe it's been that long since we formed the community, in any case. Cheers, guys.

I don't remember, is this the second or the third time that I have posted this image on PersongaGAF?
*snip*

I can't believe it's been that long since we formed the community, in any case. Cheers, guys.

It's your birthday? If so have a good one, and don't think too much about that last image :p

arue

My contribution to Naoto Week:

I remember seeing this picture when I was still a lurker. It's been a long time. Happy birthday!

It truly looks great, I wish I had your skills... Not only the drawing itself, which looks sharp, but the colors really popped out to me. As I mentioned earlier, I really can't do any colors (or digital that great for that matter).

As an aside if this "Let's draw" really lasts 2 weeks, after my last exam on Friday I will see what I can cook up. I'm playing around with the idea of drawing a hardboiled looking "Sherlock Naoto", in my heavy blacks/shadows drawing style...

That's a good question to all of you artists on here ^ I find that I need references for most of my stuff, I admire those who can draw what they are thinking. It is not an easy skill.

arue

Great pic Arue. Did you use any reference pics for this image or was it straight out of your head? Construction lines, shapes etc.

The whole drawing is straight out of my head. I only used her in-game portraits for references (her clothes and hair). I have the WIP if you want to see it too.

Thanks a bunch everyone! I have some of my stuff posted here, I hate advertising myself, I hope it isn't bankable. I have a small bunch of persona art in here as well, but when what's in there goes in line with what my style is like:

Yeah, I know, why do I post my stuff here on IG and not in a place dedicated to drawings.

Dude, this is really good! I think you are a lot better than you think. The Dark Souls and the Snake drawings have impressive details.

Uv1tdgy.gif

Happy birthday, Marche!

My contribution to Naoto Week:

This is awesome, arue!

Trigger

Happy Birthday Marche90!

Also: Yukiko is actually a pretty cool character after a replay of Persona 4. I wrote her off as a bland character initially.

Top Bottom