• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

l2ybwIl.png

I've only played the demo of Project Diva F, but isn't the gameplay different from P4D? In that game, the buttons you press follow the rhythm of the lead melody (be it a voice, a solo or whatever), but in P4D you're... well, dancing, right? From what I've seen in the trailer, you press buttons to pull off dance moves, right?

DNAbro

I've only played the demo of Project Diva F, but isn't the gameplay different from P4D? In that game, the buttons you press follow the rhythm of the lead melody (be it a voice, a solo or whatever), but in P4D you're... well, dancing, right? From what I've seen in the trailer, you press buttons to pull off dance moves, right?

well they are both rhythm games made by the same people.

Xenoflare

Is there any workarounds for the lack of touch screen for the Vita TV? How would you access the TV Listings?

I also heard that touch screen heavy games like tearaway cannot be launched on it....

well they are both rhythm games made by the same people.

I was talking about the Project Diva F games, and since people said that Dingo made the PSP Diva games and not the F ones, I'm wondering if the ones made by Dingo have the same gameplay shown in the P4D trailer (since I haven't played the PSP ones) or it's the same gameplay that's used in the F games.

Marche90

Is there any workarounds for the lack of touch screen for the Vita TV? How would you access the TV Listings?

I also heard that touch screen heavy games like tearaway cannot be launched on it....

Playing the US version on a Vita TV? Tough luck, you can't :(

You need to download a patch to enable touch functionality... but that patch is only available for the JP version. We will only be able to download those patches whenever the Playstation TV releases in the west, which will allow us to access the US PSN at last.

And yeah, those games aren't compatible at all (Uncharted, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, etc.)m

Rhapsody

Banned
I was talking about the Project Diva F games, and since people said that Dingo made the PSP Diva games and not the F ones, I'm wondering if the ones made by Dingo have the same gameplay shown in the P4D trailer (since I haven't played the PSP ones) or it's the same gameplay that's used in the F games.

F games aren't really different from the PSP ones. It just added stars to the gameplay.

PK Gaming

So considering it's Tuesday, I figured i'd take a crack at the whole "what would like to see in Persona 5" thing. Don't worry, it's NOT like those crappy ones you see on Facebook, Gamefaqs or Twitter, this one will be good. Trust me.

The game takes place in Italy instead of Japan. I know it's a rather extreme decision, but I feel that the change of venue is good for Persona. Don't worry, the protagonist is still Japanese. (Half japanese)

Premise:

The story begins with an unnamed protagonist (actually his name is Haruka Shiobana, be sure to remember it nerds), a 15 year old high school student who has just moved to Napples, Italy. Upon arriving, he discovers that it's actually a pretty violent place! Mafioso's fight each other using strange spirits (Personas) and the crime rate is at an all time high. The protagonist gets involved in a scuffle, but is fortunately saved by a man who goes by the name of "Zipper Man." Zipper Man is a Persona user, and senses that the protagonist has the potential to summon a Persona. Armed with the desire to thwart crime and aided by the likes of Zipper Man and his gang, the protagonist sets out to crush all opposing crime syndicates.

Combat:

Similar to the previous Persona games. This time around, protagonist CANNOT switch Personas, though his Persona is capable of learning the most amount of skills. Furthermore, battles are conducted against opposing Persona users, rather than shadows.

Social link:

Social links are still in the game, though they're exclusive to your party members. Be sure to forge the strongest of bonds between your closest comrades!

Party Members:

Your party members consist of Zipper Man's gang. They are as follows:

-Mister (♂)
-Aero (♂)
-Leon (♂)
-Kandori (♂)
-Benedict (♂)
-Emma Bunton(♀)*

*Note: Does not have a social link

Velvet Room:

The velvet room returns, though Igor doesn't appear for obvious reasons. Instead, he is replaced by Porupo, a large rotund man with the ability to grant people Personas (though only if they have the potential). Unlike Igor, he lacks an assistant and is rather unpleasant.

Game Flow:

The calender system from P3/P4 returns. The protagonist can go to school (though it is not required). You can spend your time loitering, stealing from others, fighting other gang members and hanging out with your fellow gang members. Story based missions typically have you take out a rival gang; if you cannot do so in the allotted time, then you receive an automatic game over.

Overall Theme:

In addition to the themes outlined by Hashino, Persona 5 will incorporate mature themes such as, obedience, loyalty, ambitions and sacrifice.

Xenoflare

Playing the US version on a Vita TV? Tough luck, you can't :(

You need to download a patch to enable touch functionality... but that patch is only available for the JP version. We will only be able to download those patches whenever the Playstation TV releases in the west, which will allow us to access the US PSN at last.

And yeah, those games aren't compatible at all (Uncharted, Tearaway, Gravity Rush, etc.)m

I see, thanks.

I was just curious since I remembered people's interest of P4G surged when they found out that the Vita TV will be available in the west since it's so cheap.

Xenoflare

I actually hope that we don't get a silent protagonist.

Since P3 and P4's protags all had their characterization set in stone despite making them "player inserts", I have to say that I would've enjoyed the game better if the protags had more presence....

and it made some of the flashbacks in P2EP really awkward since Tatsuya is suddenly talkative.

If an Italian Persona game is permitted I don't see why we can't have a not-silent protag.

I get it why they do it for SMT games since all the choices you make affect the outcome of the plot, but not so much in Persona. 3 and 4 only had one scene that choosing different options would let you to different outcomes.

So considering it's Tuesday, I figured i'd take a crack at the whole "what would like to see in Persona 5" thing. Don't worry, it's NOT like those crappy ones you see on Facebook, Gamefaqs or Twitter, this one will be good. Trust me.

This is an important question, PK: does the protagonist have a dream?

I actually hope that we don't get a silent protagonist.

Since P3 and P4's protags all had their characterization set in stone despite making them "player inserts", I have to say that I would've enjoyed the game better if the protags had more presence....
I agree. The idea of a blank slate is overrated. I get enough gratification that I'm helping Flynn/Minato Arisato/Makoto Yuki/Yu Narukami on their journey instead of BEING them.

CorvoSol

Sd1yqMw.png

Fucker gets shot in the goddamn arm, beat up by goons, is bleeding out as he runs all over a dungeon that I think is like, level 30 at least, with only Mark for support (and judging by the "only story Personas" rule that means he's not healing at all.

Ten seconds after showing up Maki quits talking to Mark so she and Elly can both heal Nanjo, and then he strikes this damn pose while they do it.

Fuckin' Nanjo, man. Batman is obviously the best male character in the game.

YESSSSSSSS!

I am complete.

:O

I want it.

image.php

I think the Dangan avatars were a great idea.
Join the hype despair!

Is this Katekyo Hitman Reborn? lol

I'm all for it. Italy is great.

Sophia

The game takes place in Italy instead of Japan. I know it's a rather extreme decision, but I feel that the change of venue is good for Persona. Don't worry, the protagonist is still Japanese. (Half japanese)

Uh-huh.... >_>;

Sophia

It is easy to see ignorance in others but it takes wisdom to see ignorance in yourself.

(´-`)

I see neither ignorance nor wisdom. All I see is someone who has read far too much manga for their own good. :p

How difficult does Revelations: Persona get?

If you mean the original PS1 version? Depends. There are a lot less save points compared to the PSP version, and the English release screwed up gaining money pretty badly.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well, goodbye Persona avatar, I shall return to thee. For now, DR2 hype. Great idea for the ones already doing it, by the way.

CorvoSol

Uh-huh.... >_>;

This reminds me that it'd be so fucking awesome if TWEWY2 (HAHAHA CUZ THAT'LL HAPPEN) took place in Disneyland. I mean, just think about it. Pins're big there, KH cameos could happen, that whole area of Anaheim is every bit as weird, busy and quirky as Shibuya and the different parts of the parks could be like the different districts in-game.

It'll never happen, but man.

Velvet Room:

The velvet room returns, though Igor doesn't appear for obvious reasons. Instead, he is replaced by Porupo, a large rotund man with the ability to grant people Personas (though only if they have the potential). Unlike Igor, he lacks an assistant and is rather unpleasant.

Oh oh oh! How about having him grant people personas by stabbing them with an arrow!

Dantis

Yeah I cant art :p

Naoto :3
I love this picture, but I am eternally bugged that she has five fingers.
The P4U stage show account is doing the P3 stage show thing and posting some of the actors:

Akihiko - Yuki Fujiwara
Mitsuru - Tano Asami
Yukiko

Seems the P3WM actors will be reprising their roles for the P3 characters.

Now all I need is some kinda tease tomorrow. Come on Tuesdays...

What is it that you're actually hoping for?

FluxWaveZ

http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/sp/mode/lobby.html

Mode pages updated if it hasn't already been posted.

Playable ??? confirmed (not in that way, though).

Edit: They've started doing the PQ thing of updates other than on the day they regularly were. Cool.

Edit: The last of the pre-order bonuses was revealed, too:

Edit 2: Actually, this update might have been done today because of Obon. Wonder if that means there could be no Margaret trailer this week, though I would have expected her page to be updated with this week's update, at least, so maybe not.

FluxWaveZ

Nanako and Dojima are in there too, so I'm not counting on it as a confirmation. Probably he'll just appear in story mode.

It's even simpler than that: they're practically all PQ models or slightly modified ones, so I'd expect most characters, if not all from that game to be in here.

Top Bottom