• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I actually meant cute.
I know, I'm just joking around lol And okay, probably not "cute" but maybe adorable? I dunno, I think english Teddie has a funny voice, but I feel different about Japanese Teddie.
Bu82D7kIYAEcjCj.jpg
image.php

I spend most of my time in this thread in blushing giggle fits. Getting me to smile is not difficult. :p

You are diminishing my deed.. why you do this? T.T

But really?! I always thought you were a serious person
like Dantis and Flux lol

You need to type "lol" more often. lol

Sophia

You are diminishing my deed.. why you do this? T.T

But really?! I always thought you were a serious person
like Dantis and Flux lol

You need to type "lol" more often. lol

I've said this before, but I'm pretty much a real life Yukiko. >_>;

If Levito ever gets me on the podcast, I imagine it'll be nonstop giggle fits.

Tamanon

Banned
Did anyone else notice something strange in Yukiko's P4AU trailer? I'm referring specifically to this:

Yukiko is talking to Rise, and yet she's referred to as "Dark-Haired Girl"... Doesn't seem to make sense; if it was Yukari she was talking to then fine, but Rise?

It's also an odd thing for her to be arguing about with Rise of all people. Might be a plot related reason.

Yukiko is talking to Rise, and yet she's referred to as "Dark-Haired Girl"... Doesn't seem to make sense; if it was Yukari she was talking to then fine, but Rise?
That is strange. I'd chalk it up to an early version localization error that slipped through the cracks. I bet (hope) it's fixed by now!

...unless this is a scene from another new P3 character's perspective, like Yukari or Junpei. They can only fit two sprites, so maybe the "lead" character is also in the conversation albeit offscreen. Didn't that sorta thing happen in Arena?

Did anyone else notice something strange in Yukiko's P4AU trailer? I'm referring specifically to this:

It's probably Yukiko's shadow pretending to be the real version. Rise's facial expression looks like she's rather concerned.

...unless this is a scene from another new P3 character's perspective, like Yukari or Junpei. They can only fit two sprites, so maybe the "lead" character is also in the conversation albeit offscreen. Didn't that sorta thing happen in Arena?

Yeah, I think so too. It's probably a scene from Yukari's or Junpei's perspective.

Lunar15

What's that "Every Day Young Life" slogan doing on that Junes sign? Pretty sure it's supposed to say Every Day's Great.

Last time I checked, I bought the English version. Get on that, atlus usa. what amateurs. pfffffft. #worstgame #preordercancelled #bakagaijinandproudofit

LX_Theo

Banned

And that's basically what I thought.

FluxWaveZ

Discussion on GameFAQs about it here, too. It doesn't sound like a Shadow to me, and if we assume that the character in question doesn't know her name, it makes me think it could be Elizabeth or Sho. However, Sho is supposed to know who everyone is and there's a certain lack of urgency behind Yukiko's words that makes me think she isn't necessarily opposing an enemy.

There's always the chance it's someone else like Junpei or Yukari, but why would Yukiko be telling them—of all people—what she is there?

kewlmyc

It could be Sho talking to them about how pointless bonds are and it's Rise and Yukiko telling him he's wrong. Since only two people can be on screen at once (if Arena is anything to go off by), then Sho talked to Rise first, then Yukiko chimed in, kicking Sho's portrait off the screen.

If it is from Sho's perspective (which seems plausible to me), then doesn't that mean he has a playable story arc? Isn't this kinda strange for what the new story episode format? If it were like Arena's story mode where every character had a path that would make sense. But will we get a Sho Episode in the same vein as Labrys' route? Curious.

For some reason I just assumed we wouldn't be playing as the "antagonist." I dunno why.

FluxWaveZ

If it is from Sho's perspective (which seems plausible to me), then doesn't that mean he has a playable story arc? Isn't this kinda strange for what the new story episode format? If it were like Arena's story mode where every character had a path that would make sense. But will we get a Sho Episode in the same vein as Labrys' route? Curious.

For some reason I just assumed we wouldn't be playing as the "antagonist." I dunno why.

Even if she's talking to Sho there, it might not be from his perspective. There might be more than Rise, Yukiko and X hanging around the Junes during that scene.

I think it could be Yukiko talking to Sho or someone else in Junpei's or Yukari's, or Ken's or whoever doesn't know her name perspective, and maybe Rise might have said something before her, I imagine in the same entonation as her. And that is why she is on the screen and not the one who Yukiko is talking to or the one whose perspective is being represented. Of course this is just speculation :p

FluxWaveZ

The HK listing for Ultimax only lists Japanese, but games that have dual subs, like SFIV, are listed appropriately. The first Arena isn't on the store at all, so I couldn't compare it to that..

EDIT: Found the first Arena which lists "Japanese and English ver." So yeah, No dual audio or subs.

Tried looking for other examples and couldn't find anything contradictory but only that supported it not having English text, so it seems that P4AU will indeed not have dual text, at least in its Japanese version. I guess, on the bright side, that's another point for the possibility of it being region free.

Though I still can't find P4A on that particular site you linked.

also AtlusUSA uploaded new trailers

Yosuke
Yu ([redacted] spoiler]
Yukiko
Man It's really lame that Shadow Yu & Yosuke only say "I'm a shadow, the true self..." compared to Shadow Yukiko's awesome line.

And I agree to think that it's a P3 character, since Sho knows all about them and their Shadows and it wouldn't make sense to have only Rise and Yukiko there.

kewlmyc

Makes the most logical sense, in contrast to the people suggesting Sho.

But who on the P3 side would be questioning their friendship?

Augh, why am I even arguing this? It's one screen from a scene that probably means absolutely nothing whatsoever.

Mdesilva

Discussion on GameFAQs about it here, too. It doesn't sound like a Shadow to me, and if we assume that the character in question doesn't know her name, it makes me think it could be Elizabeth or Sho. However, Sho is supposed to know who everyone is and there's a certain lack of urgency behind Yukiko's words that makes me think she isn't necessarily opposing an enemy.

There's always the chance it's someone else like Junpei or Yukari, but why would Yukiko be telling them—of all people—what she is there?
Maybe someone just beat up her shadow?

Top Bottom