• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

Finally finished. Here's the latest edition to Ultimax. MARIE :)

c2ml9m48qyac3jcfg.jpg

Next, Yu and Sho going at it.

x4pp9yanlqvgsjjfg.jpg

I'll fine line this pic and iron out all the rough edges in both sketches tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. ^_^

c2ml9m48qyac3jcfg.jpg

x4pp9yanlqvgsjjfg.jpg

I'll fine line this pic and iron out all the rough edges in both sketches tomorrow.

Thoughts?

I think you're getting better, dude! I like it, especially Sho... his expression matches the character very well.

CorvoSol

Margaret is my favorite, she has that "I don't give a fuck" attitude and subtle eccentricity that I like in people.

Liz's antics are funny, but it makes her feel more like a larger than life character. I have yet to play FemC route so I don't know much about Theo.

The one thing I like about Marie is that her brattiness allows Margaret's attitude to really shine. I've always thought of Margaret as Ms. Moneypenny, though. With Igor as M and Narukami as Bond.

Hands down the best slink with a home appliance.

Poor Chie.

arue

Thoughts?

I think you're getting better, especially with that Marie drawing.

There will be a special PSC exhibition at Wonder Festival 2014 at the Contribe booth on July 27. Apparently to give out custom stickers and stuff. Might show off new P4AU figures, from the hyperlinks at the bottom of the page.

They have been pretty popular with each coming episode, so this is good for them (and Persona fans who live in Japan).

Also Flux, your new avatar almost scared me to death D:

FluxWaveZ

They have been pretty popular with each coming episode, so this is good for them (and Persona fans who live in Japan).

Also Flux, your new avatar almost scared me to death D:

Here's a figure that was shown at Wonder Festival 2013, for reference:
PSC is indeed getting more significant, and they might have something exclusive concerning Marie in P4AU, as I thought they would be showing off something of importance in their next episode on July 25—potentially with a guest (could it be Kana Hanazawa?)—since they usually do now.

Heh, yeah. Isn't she cute?

LX_Theo

Banned
Margaret and Elizabeth are basically the same level to me. Different personalities entirely, mind you. I could see Margaret picking on Elizabeth, though.

The one thing I like about Marie is that her brattiness allows Margaret's attitude to really shine.
Haha that's true. I love how she teases Marie. And fun thing, Margaret was the one who chose Marie's name. I guess Margaret is my favorite Velvet Room character in the end.

kewlmyc

Here's a figure that was shown at Wonder Festival 2013, for reference:

That figure has been done for a while now, they just haven't released a release date yet, which pisses me off. Maybe they'll actually announce a release date at this event.

I actually really dislike Elizabeth. Don't like her design, I think she's badly voiced, and I find her character just uninteresting and silly..

I can understand not liking her design since that's an opinion of taste. She also has a very fun and childish personality so I don't really get how she's "uninteresting", but we all have different taste so whatever on that too. But her voice? That's the best thing about her. Her dub is fantastic.

FluxWaveZ

That figure has been done for a while now, they just haven't released a release date yet, which pisses me off. Maybe they'll actually announce a release date at this event.

They wouldn't be showing off completed figures at Wonder Festival (I mean I wouldn't think Atlus would if they were to debut it there, just like they did with the Labrys above).

Thanks guys. I wish i drew more often, but my time is kinda limited. Still, the odd drawing here and there will hopefully maintain my current skill level.

I think those sketches are goin to look mighty fine once i add color and effects. :p

kewlmyc

They wouldn't be showing off completed figures at Wonder Festival (I mean I wouldn't think Atlus would if they were to debut it there, just like they did with the Labrys above).

It's pretty common to see completed figures at WonFes. It shows that something they've been working on is finally done. Alter (the company making it) constantly shows the completed figures multiple times at figure events.

FluxWaveZ

It's pretty common to see completed figures at WonFes. It shows that something they've been working on is finally done. Alter (the company making it) constantly shows the completed figures multiple times at figure events.

But has Atlus ever unveiled completed figures at Wonder Festival?

I'm talking about Atlus showing off new stuff here, not other companies.

Xenoflare

I can understand not liking her design since that's an opinion of taste. She also has a very fun and childish personality so I don't really get how she's "uninteresting", but we all have different taste so whatever on that too. But her voice? That's the best thing about her. Her dub is fantastic.

I wholeheartedly agree, both the JP/EN version of Elizabeth's voice is fantastic, especially considering the fact that the two actresses took different approach regarding her character.

Her new win quote for Rise in Ultimax is just LOL

kewlmyc

But has Atlus ever unveiled completed figures at Wonder Festival?

I'm talking about Atlus showing off new stuff here, not other companies.

Atlus isn't really the guys that show stuff off at shows like that. It's the manufacture and it depends on which manufacture.

FluxWaveZ

Atlus isn't really the guys that show stuff off at shows like that. It's the manufacture and it depends on which manufacture.

...Um, it's a PSC booth (which would naturally be sponsored by Atlus). My point was that they could show off a new figure there, just like how the Labrys figure prototype was shown off at the same event last year.

Dengeki article. The exhibition will be from 10:00 - 17:00 JST on the 27th at the Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall.

kewlmyc

...Um, it's a PSC booth (which would naturally be sponsored by Atlus). My point was that they could show off a new figure there, just like how the Labrys figure prototype was shown off at the same event last year.

Dengeki article. The exhibition will be from 10:00 - 17:00 JST on the 27th at the Makuhari Messe International Exhibition Hall.

My apologies then.

Busaiku

Does Golden have a summary of social links you've completed through your save?
Been 2 months since I beat Kanji's dungeon and while I can remember most of the main story, a bunch of the social links are lost on me.

LX_Theo

Banned
Does Golden have a summary of social links you've completed through your save?
Been 2 months since I beat Kanji's dungeon and while I can remember most of the main story, a bunch of the social links are lost on me.

Yes, there's a basic one for sure. Its "S. Link" in the menu.

LX_Theo

Banned
Because the writing was cringe worthy and the situations are just excuses to have random run ins with the IT. Not for a second did I buy that a couple of these random encounters with members made then all ready to die for Marie.

The problem with the dungeon is that it isn't hard despite what restrictions they put on you. It was just annoying. Didn't make it much harder but made it MUCH more of a slog.
What? By the time
that was relevant, the team seemed like they'd put their neck out for a stranger let alone a person they've hung out with a number of times.

Edit: eh, Nevermind. It was addressed on the last page. For all the sort if silly criticism of Marie (and other characters) I've, that ine was just a bit dumbfounding.

Margaret is my favorite, she has that "I don't give a fuck" attitude and subtle eccentricity that I like in people.

Liz's antics are funny, but it makes her feel more like a larger than life character. I have yet to play FemC route so I don't know much about Theo.

A little goes a long way; it's like lemongrass that way.

Margaret has a better design (by miles, it's seriously not even close) and I think she provides a better contrast to Igor. Wish she had more involved interactions with the player like Elizabeth's dates though.

Elizabeth's a little too eccentric in my opinion--it feels overplayed at times.

Elizabeth's a little too eccentric in my opinion--it feels overplayed at times.

Yeah, Elizabeth creeped me out a good number of times. Margaret and Marie gave me a 'strange/mysterious' vibe, but all I got from Liz was 'certifiably insane'.
But hey, some people are into that...

Zebetite

Banned
WARNING: I have absolutely no background in psychology. What follows is dumb speculation from someone who has barely any idea what he's talking about.

I always figured that the Velvet sisters (no real insight to Theo but he probably matches up with this idea of mine) are in one way or another the anima (animus for Theo) to the respective protagonists and as a result are representative of the suppressed sides of themselves--the opposites to the protagonists' public faces. So Elizabeth is so wacky and zany to make up for how subdued and collected P3's MC is in his typical characterization, while Margaret is so formal and holier-than-thou to make up for how casual and friendly P4's MC is in his.

As a result, can you really blame Elizabeth for being so out-there? She's just trying to spice up our hero's otherwise-drab and dull life. What I'm trying to say is that I'm all about Elizabeth. Margaret is super lame.

WARNING: I have absolutely no background in psychology. What follows is dumb speculation from someone who has barely any idea what he's talking about.

I always figured that the Velvet sisters (no real insight to Theo but he probably matches up with this idea of mine) are in one way or another the anima (animus for Theo) to the respective protagonists and as a result are representative of the suppressed sides of themselves--the opposites to the protagonists' public faces. So Elizabeth is so wacky and zany to make up for how subdued and collected P3's MC is in his typical characterization, while Margaret is so formal and holier-than-thou to make up for how casual and friendly P4's MC is in his.

As a result, can you really blame Elizabeth for being so out-there? She's just trying to spice up our hero's otherwise-drab and dull life. What I'm trying to say is that I'm all about Elizabeth. Margaret is super lame.

Interesting. I can believe this polar opposite idea.
Also, to each their own on the attendants.

Sophia

Interesting. Your interpretation is very Jungian in theme, and is actually consistent with the in-story-concept that everything in the Velvet Room happens for a reason.

It also fits in with Jung's idea that the anima/animus within a person is a guide of sorts, meant to lead you through your unconscious mind.

Dantis

i forget, dantis, are you a fatal frame fan?

I am a huuuuuuuge Fatal Frame fan. It's one of my top three gaming franchises.

Just watched the new trailer, and it looks great. Really disappointed that the song isn't by Tsukiko Amano though (she did the theme songs or 2, 3, 4 and the Wii remake of 2). :(

He is!

I wanna see Yuki-chan as that new MC tho!

I've been wanting to do Fatal Frame art for aaaaaages (I've mentioned it in here a few times, even), but I want to do it well when I do, so I've been waiting until I get better, haha!

Just watched the new trailer, and it looks great. Really disappointed that the song isn't by Tsukiko Amano though (she did the theme songs or 2, 3, 4 and the Wii remake of 2). :(

I was unaware of a new trailer, have a link? I believe the Wii remake of 2 was never released in the US.

Top Bottom