• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

pan-hime

This week's vids are Teddie and Elizabeth.
dat song at Liz's trailer

LBHgrPx.png

coming soon~

Can I ask what that robotic lady voice thing is? I keep hearing it all over Nico videos I see. Is it the Japanese equivalent to Microsoft Sam?
I think so?

FluxWaveZ

Oh, interesting. A Velvet Room song version that is completely new to P4AU?

It's also interesting how insistent they've seemingly been when it comes to not showing off the captured Shadow Ops' trailers, which are Akihiko's, Mitsuru's and Aigis'; the only ones left except for Marie's. Marie's trailer will most likely be next week's, possibly being shown off first with PSC like [Redacted]'s.

Thought they would have at least added network mode with the lobby system in today's update, but guess not.

Edit: Heh, one of the pre-order bonuses is a Naoto pillow (or maybe just the case?):
One of the newer ones added to the page.

Dantis

Pretty cool that Elizabeth has her own theme now. It was weird that she didn't in the first game tbh.

I was unaware of a new trailer, have a link? I believe the Wii remake of 2 was never released in the US.

New trailer.

The protagonist is real purty. She also dresses kinda similarly to Rise.

I'm not sure what I'll do if it doesn't get localised. It's the kind of game I'd maybe import a console for.

Edit: Heh, one of the pre-order bonuses is a Naoto pillow (or maybe just the case?):

One of the newer ones added to the page.

...Lol.

EDIT: Just listening to the PQ credits song. It's okay. Not a patch on Never More, Brand New Days or Memories of You though.

New trailer.

I'm not sure what I'll do if it doesn't get localised. It's the kind of game I'd maybe import a console for.

Awesome. Project Zero 4 never got localised, so my hopes aren't very high. Unless they decide to use the game to push some WiiU sales.

Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the velvet room theme always had the same singer? And doesn't this new version sound like a different person rather than just a remix of the usual theme?

Also, I will never get over how awful JP teddies voice is to my ears.

New trailer.

Good lord how did i miss this trailer. I absolutely adore the Fatal Frame series. Its the definition of PURE survival horror.

I really hope this gets localized. Id rather buy the game in english rather than play around with the wiiu like i did the wii to play Fatal Frame 4.

biodude

Neo Member
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the velvet room theme always had the same singer? And doesn't this new version sound like a different person rather than just a remix of the usual theme?

Also, I will never get over how awful JP teddies voice is to my ears.

I never heard teddie's JP voice until the golden animation. What a difference that was

LX_Theo

Banned
I've never heard the english dub for him so I can't compare, but his JP voice is absolutely annoying, thus completely in character IMHO :)
His and Rise's Japanese voices are just grating. Teddie's English dub is generally along the lines of energetic, childish, and very much in character.

Dantis

Wait, is the pillow and or casing going to be part of the US pre order for ultimax?

Nope. Virtually no chance. Japan gets these preorder bonuses with just about every game, and the US gets none.

To be fair, I don't think there's much of a market within the gaming community for character pillows.

Yeah, ENG Teddie is great. He has this nuance to his voice so he isn't constantly in "IRRITATING MASCOT MODE." Perhaps if I were Japanese i'd appreciate it more...?

Dave Wittenburg was much better for this. I feel like Riegel's Teddie has less emotional range.

Tamanon

Banned
I think I've only ever heard Teddie's JP voice when he's in bear form. I can't even imagine that voice on a person.

PK Gaming

His and Rise's Japanese voices are just grating. Teddie's English dub is generally along the lines of energetic, childish, and very much in character.

Yeah, ENG Teddie is great. He has this nuance to his voice so he isn't constantly in "IRRITATING MASCOT MODE." Perhaps if I were Japanese i'd appreciate it more...?

EDIT: lol NAH

Andrefpvs

"English" Teddie benefited from great localisation work. They could have easily made him much more annoying by having him say "bear" repeatedly in every sentence. Getting rid of that and and therefore making the bear puns more special was a fantastic move, in retrospect.

biodude

Neo Member
Nope. Virtually no chance. Japan gets these preorder bonuses with just about every game, and the US gets none.

To be fair, I don't think there's much of a market within the gaming community for character pillows.

Had a feeling that would be the case, oh well

FluxWaveZ

That Liz trailer was hype as hell.

Was surprised they showed it off before the Shadow Ops, since I would have thought Liz's would have been the most narratively significant. I like how Liz and Labrys are hanging out in space (reminiscent of the discussion they had in P4A where Liz told Labrys that there might come a time where she might help her attain her goal).

Reminder:

tumblr_n8ilsd8Vnw1so56pco1_r1_500.gif

I can't wait for episode 2 XD XD XD

Maybe I'm nitpicking but It bothered me a bit how Chie, Yukiko, and Pail Boy didn't introduce themselves to Yu and they seemed like they've known each other for a while. Huzzah for twelve episodes. Nonetheless I think I will like this rendition of him.

Charlie
needs to be nerfed a bit.

FluxWaveZ

When is this? in PST?

12:00 AM JST July 18 = 11:00 AM EDT July 17 = 8 AM PDT July 17

This isn't the same as the last one that occurred with Yu and Kanji's VAs, though. That one was a more publicized event with its own special name and stuff, and they stated that something special for Persona fans would be announced. This one is just advertised as a show where the VAs will speak of their thoughts on P4GA.

This isn't the same as the last one that occurred with Yu and Kanji's VAs, though. That one was a more publicized event with its own special name and stuff, and they stated that something special for Persona fans would be announced. This one is just advertised as a show where the VAs will speak of their thoughts on P4GA.

I see. thank you

kewlmyc

When's the next PSC or whatever it's called?

Top Bottom