• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

I thought that was (P4 spoilz)
Heterochromia

Thats the scientific term for having two different eye colours (heteros - different, chroma - colour), but I was saying that it only occurs when, AGAIN MAJOR MARIE SPOILERS,
she becomes Izanami-no-Mikoto in the hollow forest

ZIO!

Kaguya is looking fantastic, as usual. Marie's still a dweeb, but the fact that she's playable earns my respect.

B-but Yosuke is the Uberdweeb!

I wonder if they will call her rain move Aquadyne. It would be cool if she also got an earth based move called Magnadyne, making her the sole P3/4 era character to wield those.

Lunar15

The good side to having Marie is that, like I've learned with Pink Gold Peach, nothing is more fun and satisfying than beating your opponents with a character they truly, truly hate.

PK Gaming

Real talk:

I'm interested in Marie by virtue of the fact that her moveset might be fun. I love how ASW has created so many different kinds of fighters. We got a bit of that in the original P4A, but they've really gone all out for Ultimax.

Yeah, I don't think beating up a dog is going to make feel great.

I dunno, this guy seemed to love it.
72.jpg

Also, so long as I get to straight up destroy Ken with any member of the cast I'll be happy.

hao chi

The rosters for Ultimax is looking amazing. Just improve the balance a bit before the JP PS3 release and the game will be incredible.

If
Makoto
is the last DLC character, I doubt we'll see him announced until after Ultimax is released. Otherwise, it gives away the story direction of Ultimax, or potentially, a major event. Even if he didn't appear in the story at all, I can see the debates now, "OMG IS DIS CANON?"

At the latest, we'll know the remaining DLC when the game releases, since it'll have to be disc-locked.

The rosters for Ultimax is looking amazing. Just improve the balance a bit before the JP PS3 release and the game will be incredible.

I hated the roster for Arena. But DAMN, Ultimax' has the potential to be my favorite roster out of all the fighters on ps3/360.

The game definitely needs a balance patch. NERF Yu Mitsuru and AIgis. I really dont want high level play to be the same as it was in Arena.

If
Makoto
is the last DLC character, I doubt we'll see him announced until after Ultimax is released. Otherwise, it gives away the story direction of Ultimax, or potentially, a major event. Even if he didn't appear in the story at all, I can see the debates now, "OMG IS DIS CANON?"

At the latest, we'll know the remaining DLC when the game releases, since it'll have to be disc-locked.

I dunno, i think they should reveal him before Ultimax releases. That way the game gets hyped up to the extreme, which will hopefully lead to more sales.

FluxWaveZ

If
Makoto

I think if there is one remaining character to be announced, they will absolutely be announced before the game is released, even if it's them. Right when the game came out, everyone would know about who they were anyways, so I feel like Atlus would want to get behind it themselves before then, but with the typical teasing like "What are they doing here...?" or something. They would hide what the presence of the character would mean behind a veil of mystery, with the hype factor being the priority to maximize the hype (and sales).

abrack08

If
Makoto

Why does it have to be disc-locked?

I hated the roster for Arena. But DAMN, Ultimax' has the potential to be my favorite roster out of all the fighters on ps3/360.

The game definitely needs a balance patch. NERF Yu Mitsuru and AIgis. I really dont want high level play to be the same as it was in Arena.

I dunno, i think they should reveal him before Ultimax releases. That way the game gets hyped up to the extreme, which will hopefully lead to more sales.

I agree it needs a balance patch (pls buff Junpei!), but didn't Yosuke and maybe Teddie sort of eclipse, or at least match, Mitsuru and Aigis? I think more characters need to be buffed (Elizabeth, Labrys, Junpei) than nerfed (Narukami) at this point

FluxWaveZ

I agree it needs a balance patch (pls buff Junpei!), but didn't Yosuke and maybe Teddie sort of eclipse, or at least match, Mitsuru and Aigis? I think more characters need to be buffed (Elizabeth, Labrys, Junpei) than nerfed (Narukami) at this point

Balance is nebulous at this point. A lot of people have been saying that Yu, Minazuki, Shadow Labrys and Yosuke are the strongest, but it's still real soon to be coming to conclusions either way. An Elizabeth, for example, had been destroying people in some Arc Revo qualifiers recently and a recent Shadow Yosuke video showed that he might be one of the most powerful Shadows instead of being one of the weakest by abusing the spin state for ToDs.

Things seem better now than they did in P4A, and P4A was relatively balanced.

Why does it have to be disc-locked?

Yeah, that's confusing, since NichM said that [Redacted] was not on the disc. Though, my assumption was that they were, initially.

I am holding on to my guess that the final character is Malevolent Entiny/Nyarly-kun. We'll eventually have to have *some* sort of showdown with the being,
unless they're saving that for Persona 5. #BELIEVE. ;__;

Marie looks kinda cool. I suppose she is a Zio user. I'm not still not sure about her getting a Persona or if she's part of the IT or the Velvet Room, but I will keep waiting for the P4G anime for some answers.

Dugna

Everything added to this sequel seems to be pretty freaking nice, nothing really taking away from the game. With shadow versions of most of the cast we also have more characters which aren't clones in the same sense as other fighting games, each one has their own personality and combos.

Also I don't get the hate for Marie especially the people comparing her to Lightning. She was a nice addition to the Persona 4 storyline and didn't subtract from anything out of the other characters.

Top Bottom