• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

tumblr_n88djj04TN1qbvrijo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n88djj04TN1qbvrijo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n88djj04TN1qbvrijo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_n88djj04TN1qbvrijo4_1280.jpg

I still don't know why they went with car logos for P3 and P4.

wonder if the P1 logo resembles any logo

Oh and if you don't get the P2 one:

Subaru is the Japanese name for the Pleiades star cluster (M45, or "The Seven Sisters"), which in turn inspires the Subaru logo and alludes to the companies that merged to create FHI

Oh, I didn't connect the Subaru one.

Ahh the P3 BMW logo and the P4 Mercedes logo. Wonder if P5 will be based around Audi?

Edit. Huh, never associated P2's logo with Subaru but there it is

Could make for an interesting bet. I'm thinking Mitsubishi or something.

Soejima claims that the similarities in the two logos he designed are purely coincidental.

I am sure they are as coincidental as the JoJo stuff...nah they might have just used them for inspiration or references or whatever, or it could very well be coincidental!

kewlmyc

Soejima claims that the similarities in the two logos he designed are purely coincidental.

One of them being identical to a car logo, sure. It could be a coincidence.

Two, that's kinda pushing it. Sure, yeah maybe it was a coincidence, but it's hard to believe.

Dantis

I wouldn't be surprised if Soejima realised that the Gekkoukan was similar to BMW and deliberately designed the Yasogami one to look like a car manufacturer as an in-joke thing, tbh.

FYI to anyone looking to get the PQ Wild Cards Edition

Atlus USA said:
Like the Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth: The Wild Cards Premium Edition? We do too! However, if you want to get a premium edition, you need to pre-order by this week to guarantee your copy. We’re making the final tallies, so pre-order today!

Mdesilva

Was surprised they showed it off before the Shadow Ops, since I would have thought Liz's would have been the most narratively significant. I like how Liz and Labrys are hanging out in space (reminiscent of the discussion they had in P4A where Liz told Labrys that there might come a time where she might help her attain her goal).
Someone pointed out to me that Labrys is in human form in this scene.

Interesting…

kewlmyc

I want to, but doesn't really seem all that worth it since the regular edition has tarot cards as well. Don't care about the case or the small art boot, and the CD is just the arranged mix that I have on my iPhone.

Thanks for the heads up though.

Dantis

I have a preorder on Amazon.com for it, but it's cheaper on VGP. But on VGP I use Paypal, and so I'd have to pay here and now and I don't know if I want to. :/

It's an ermine, also known as a stoat. That's where the "St. Hermlin" name comes from.

That's pretty cool!

EDIT: Super cool discovery: Typing persona fan art into Google brings my blog up on the second page. AMAZE.

I never realised that the P1 school logo had a Hexagram, the Chi Rho and a Ichthys on it.

That's a fair bit of symbolism for resurrection or religion.

(There's also the Laurel wreath, but that one is used in academics a fair bit)

I can't believe that the Gekkoukan high school and the BMW logo is a coincidence, it's a straight up re-colour. At least Yasogami's is inverted.

FluxWaveZ

EDIT: Super cool discovery: Typing persona fan art into Google brings my blog up on the second page. AMAZE.

Google search results are based on the computer history of the person searching them.

Edit: Wait, I'm sorry; I see it now. Congratulations. Guess your art's been getting more popular as you improve.

Sophia

Gekkoukan would be slightly better if they add inscriptions in the outer ring like these

That's how it actually is tho. Atlus/Soejima/Whoever is just inconsistent about drawing the text.

I think my least favorite one is the Seven Sisters one. With or without the text, it just looks dumb.

Well, episode 2 just happened!

So, even though there are spoiler tags here, it's episode spoilers and not story spoilers.

Right! Here we go.
So we have a confirmed NG+ as shown by Yu's personality stats being at max in the introduction. Also, we're skipping ALL main story content in order to focus on Golden exclusive scenes (Marie, Bikes, Beach, Concert, Ski Trip and I would assume Jester Social link). Animation was pretty like the last episode, and the ending song, if that was the recurring one or not we'll have to see, was really good IMO, although the Marie music video (including non-sexualised nudity!) seemed a bit out of place even though it looked good. Pacing is still lightning fast, as shown by the >1 month time skip. The writing is clearly intended for this to be a light hearted journey through the side content, and this episode was pretty funny in parts.

What do you guys think?

Setsu00

So, even though there are spoiler tags here, it's episode spoilers and not story spoilers.

Right! Here we go.
So we have a confirmed NG+ as shown by Yu's personality stats being at max in the introduction. Also, we're skipping ALL main story content in order to focus on Golden exclusive scenes (Marie, Bikes, Beach, Concert, Ski Trip and I would assume Jester Social link). Animation was pretty like the last episode, and the ending song, if that was the recurring one or not we'll have to see, was really good IMO, although the Marie music video (including non-sexualised nudity!) seemed a bit out of place even though it looked good. Pacing is still lightning fast, as shown by the >1 month time skip. The writing is clearly intended for this to be a light hearted journey through the side content, and this episode was pretty funny in parts.

What do you guys think?

I liked it. The animation was rather janky, but at least it was on model.

The ending song is nice, too! And yeah, it's the recurring one (at least according to the website).

One youtube comment says that the line is: "Huh? Mari-chan wasn't told about Sensei coming?""
I find JP Teddie's voice to be adorable so I'm in the minority. :p

Yeah, I know. I wasn't sure how to translate the line though since I had two translations in mind that went into different directions.

Teddie's JP voice reminds me of those Latino actors who portray children in live action shows. Grown-ass men and women altering their voice and physical appearance to mimic a child's. El Chavo is a perfect example, if anyone is familiar with that. Always weirded me out, even if I did get used to it.

Where did you watch it? Looks like I need an account or something to watch it in Crunchyroll, and from the first two minutes of the episode I can conclude that Marie is annoying and the intro looks cool from what I saw.
Teddie's JP voice reminds me of those Latino actors who portray children in live action shows. Grown-ass men and women altering their voice and physical appearance to mimic a child's. El Chavo is a perfect example, if anyone is familiar with that. Always weirded me out, even if I did get used to it.
I dunno, I like El Chavo animated voices. :p

Where did you watch it? Looks like I need an account or something to watch it in Crunchyroll, and from the first two minutes of the episode I can conclude that Marie is annoying and the intro looks cool from what I saw.

Each episode premieres on Crunchyroll, but is made available shortly after for the following streaming services: Aniplex Channel, Hulu, DAISUKI

Just got an email from Atlus, looks like this week they are doing final tallies on the PQ premium edition, so if you want the premium, but haven't preordered, you should do so soon.

Just got an email from Atlus, looks like this week they are doing final tallies on the PQ premium edition, so if you want the premium, but haven't preordered, you should do so soon.

Yeah, I wouldnt worry about that in EU. I would say that 80% of the stock is still available in NISA EU store. Just check the source code and it'll tell you.

Prices are too extortionate and now they will realise.
Hopefully

Dantis

Google search results are based on the computer history of the person searching them.

Edit: Wait, I'm sorry; I see it now. Congratulations. Guess your art's been getting more popular as you improve.

Yup! I double checked it on my phone before I posted, haha. :p

Dan have you use VGP before?

I have, a few times. They're fine. Refunded me in full when Arena came out too, so credit to them for that.

CorvoSol

Thought it was a pretty good episode, all in all, but next week's episode is going to be amazing because
I'm ready to be born, dammit!

I kinda like the way they're going about mostly just doing Golden specific stuff, so that when it's all done you can just slide these episodes more or less into The Animation and get the whole thing without too much redundancy.

Are a lot of people in the thread picking up the Premium Edition? I have some extra credit at GameStop, so I may as well do it next time I'm out since I'm going to anyway. Thanks!

Impressions:

The intro is very cool, but it's music isn't as good as other intros. Neat to include human Teddie. And Yu has all of it's stats (Dilligence, Knowledge, etc.) maxed up. Wow, so few minutes and now we're with Kanji lol Oh man, Dojima smacked Adachi! Hahahaha. Plan Up Close and Personal > Shopping with Green, Red and Marie.

"Partner! Partner! Partner! Partner!" Woah that plan is pretty specific. Lol at Kanji in his bike. WOO! AI!! Huh? Gyaru? Just shut up, Marie. Lolwut a man-woman and a cat? Oh god at Hanako. So Marie sings the ending song? That was pretty goof, but naked Marie was weird. The ending was pretty good.

So the next episode is about
the beach scene and the second day of the Culture Festival? I remember seeing some clips of those
, but if I remember right Marie wasn't on those events, hmm.

Overall the episode was pretty good, specially compared to the first one. I suppose the Up Close and Personal Plan (which was better than I expected) is the counterpart to P3's Operation Babe Hunt. In the game do you have the option to choose to go with the Plan or the shopping contest? Or those were just mashed up together?

Top Bottom